Should Players Be Able To Choose Their GW2 Theme On Start Up?

It's been 8 years since Guild Wars 2 released in 2012! I remember the first opening theme and how epic it was, it got you hyped to play the game. Since then with the two major releases of Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire the theme song players are met with when the game starts up has changed. I think 8 years and 3 songs to choose from as well as likely a 4th song to be released with the next coming major expansion around the corner that players should be able to choose their favorite theme and backdrop to listen to on the title screen.

What does everyone think?

The main thing I remember about the original theme is _really_ regretting it if I'd been listening to anything else and forgot to turn the volume down when I started GW2, because the first sound was very loud.

Other than that I'm never on that screen for very long and may not even turn the speakers on until I'm loading into the actual game so the music is largely irrelevant to me. I'm not opposed to Anet adding the option to change it but I doubt I'd ever use that option.

I think it would be a nice feature. I'm now just starting to play through HoT and it would be nice to see the HoT selection screen. I never saw it as I didn't play during it's initial release. It's not really a big thing though, but since those screens technically exist it would nice to be able to experience them.

Also, speaking of the existence of things, I am a bit confused since the newest theme is Icebrood right? So we are talking about Jormag and ice, snow and cold and all that, but upon launch we have sand, pyramids and hot... so thematically it also is just...

I guess it just depends how much time it would actually make to implement such a feature. If it is just a couple days of work, then sure. But otherwise I'd rather see human resources used on things I will spend more of my time with in game.

> @"firedragon.8953" said:

> I think it would be a nice feature. I'm now just starting to play through HoT and it would be nice to see the HoT selection screen. I never saw it as I didn't play during it's initial release. It's not really a big thing though, but since those screens technically exist it would nice to be able to experience them.

>

> Also, speaking of the existence of things, I am a bit confused since the newest theme is Icebrood right? So we are talking about Jormag and ice, snow and cold and all that, but upon launch we have sand, pyramids and hot... so thematically it also is just...

>

> I guess it just depends how much time it would actually make to implement such a feature. If it is just a couple days of work, then sure. But otherwise I'd rather see human resources used on things I will spend more of my time with in game.

Well it was only ever updated with expansions hot-jungle and pof-sand.

Never with any living world season or the rebranded name saga.

I've been playing since GW2 launched and recently I have been playing a lot with a new friend through a lot of the core game and slowly making our way through the story. It really makes me nostalgic and I think it would be super neat to tailor my intro screen for what I'm focusing on for a while. Personally my favorite intro was the original with a close second to the Super Adventure Box remix. I spend quite a bit of time hanging out in the title screen if I'm waiting for a friend to come on and what we're doing that day because I have lots of different characters to split my time with. Also since my friend hasn't been on GW for long they never got to experience those other songs so it's pretty sad they missed out.

> @"LadyKitty.6120" said:

> It's already possible to change the character select music: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Customized_soundtrack

>

> Kitty personally has Hall of Chains boss themes, Amala's and Palawa Joko's themes playing when she logs in. Anet's Soundcloud also has HoT theme if Kitty remembers correctly. Sadly the visuals can't be changed.

You just blew my mind and became my hero all at once ?