Efficient way of getting obsidian shards

Most efficient way that I found was to farm LS3 currencies, convert them to unbound magic, and then buy the obsidian shards from the LS3 map vendors.

If you stick to just farming winterberries, you can average around 50-75 obsidian shards an hour. Most players who have both expansions should have enough character slots for an hour per day. When I did SW, it was pitiful and I got maybe 20 on average with a complete run. You can also farm nodes and I believe the ones in Lake Doric were mentioned as being quick but I never personally farmed them myself.

Also be wary of claims that use very large and misleading time-frames (e.g. week, month, etc). Let's say that you can earn such and such amount per week. How many hours did it take during that week? Three? Ten? Forty? Eighty? One hundred and sixty eight?

> @"Dheeraj.2481" said:

> > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > Silverwastes RIBA, 250 Obsidian Shards per week easy, plus about 50g/day casual, (much more if you're hardcore).

>

> What is Silverwastes riba

You go to Silverwastes, you bring up Central Tyria-Squads in the LFG, then you join that instance. You move between the forts (Red, Indigo, Blue, Amber), trying to tag as many events as possible to get credit and progress the meta. Then when the meta pops, you do the underground Breach in the forts, and then the Vinewrath at the western side of the map after.

During this time and after meta you'll see chest trains going on as well, and each Lost Bandit Chest gives loot and Obsidian Shards. The purpose of tagging events is to get Bandit Crests to buy Bandit Skeleton Keys to open these chests.

Completing Breach and Viinewrath give two Nightmare Keys that can be used in the labyrinth for extra rewards.

There's more info on the wiki, and videos about it on YouTube.

> @"Dheeraj.2481" said:

> > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > Silverwastes RIBA, 250 Obsidian Shards per week easy, plus about 50g/day casual, (much more if you're hardcore).

>

> What is Silverwastes riba

Silverwastes is the final "Core Tyria" map that you can play in before you hit Heart of Thorns territory. I put it in quotes because it wasn't around at launch and was I think added in LS2, like Dry Top. RIBA stands for the four camps that you fight to gain control of and then keep control of through the meta; Red, Indigo, Blue, and Amber. Whenever you see in the Central Tyria squad LFG SW RIBA, that means the commander is taking part in the major meta of the map.

If you see SW RIBA + CF, that means they will be running the chest farm after the Vinewraith meta is over, and you should stack up on Bandit chest keys to maximize loot when you enter the map.

> @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> Better question - easy way to turn them into copper/silver/gold if you hate crafting and will likely never make a Legendary and are swimming in the stuff?

>

> (My regular reminder that EVERYTHING should have a vendor value, at least, so you can dump excess stock.)

Well, you can craft fulgurite and make jeweled damask patches or deldrimor steel plated dowels

Additional easy sources of Obsidian Shards:

-Gathering Windswept Haven guild hall nodes, you get around 0 to 3 Obsidian Shards per day.

-Karmic and Leyline Converters, there is a chance that Bags of 3, 5 and 10 Obsidian Shards appears on each tab every day.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ley-Energy_Matter_Converter

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Karmic_Converter