Black lion chest loot

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a post on Fb about someone who spent real life money on 180 keys no glider/backpack.

At least you learned your lesson at 35.

Sorry but this is why people loose everything. To go back and spend more money for 10 keys after already being beaten and robbed... you may want to look at yourself.

Ppl have issues with gambling and anet is profiting off of it. They won’t stop until we stop buying/gambling away our money. It’s predatory but it’s proven to work with ppl that have this issue. Just don’t support their predatory tactics or seek help to stop yourself.

You are correct and wrong at the same time. It can't be denied that you feel cheated. Yet the BL chest mechanic works exactly the way it was designed. It worked for Anet to earn cash from you to support Anet. Anet seems content to live with the amount of ill will generated. Faulty expectations are sad all around.

First of all you have to ask yourself is it worth it to open 60 chests for a single item (that is the guarantied way of getting that item in a few months with statutes), is that item worth 7500 gems(100 euro) or 2500 gold in current exchange, same amount as crafting a leggendary weapon.

60 chests is the supposed break even bad luck protection. Always assume that you will need that many keys to get what you want.

Lower your expectations only open the boxes if you expect that you will get a statue, i have had more luck in getting cool shit opening boxes with free keys then trying to target something.

> @"Vancho.8750" said:

> First of all you have to ask yourself is it worth it to open 60 chests for a single item (that is the guarantied way of getting that item in a few months with statutes), is that item worth 7500 gems(100 euro) or 2500 gold in current exchange, same amount as crafting a leggendary weapon.

> 60 chests is the supposed break even bad luck protection. Always assume that you will need that many keys to get what you want.

> Lower your expectations only open the boxes if you expect that you will get a statue, i have had more luck in getting cool kitten opening boxes with free keys then trying to target something.

Iv given up at 60. 2500g was my sanity limit. They say everyone has the same odds. I just cant believe that with my experience with the chest. Moat people iv talked to people get it (wings or fire cape) within there 20th chest.

Heres a queation, Does magic find affect blc?

> @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > First of all you have to ask yourself is it worth it to open 60 chests for a single item (that is the guarantied way of getting that item in a few months with statutes), is that item worth 7500 gems(100 euro) or 2500 gold in current exchange, same amount as crafting a leggendary weapon.

> > 60 chests is the supposed break even bad luck protection. Always assume that you will need that many keys to get what you want.

> > Lower your expectations only open the boxes if you expect that you will get a statue, i have had more luck in getting cool kitten opening boxes with free keys then trying to target something.

>

> Iv given up at 60. 2500g was my sanity limit. They say everyone has the same odds. I just cant believe that with my experience with the chest. Moat people iv talked to people get it (wings or fire cape) within there 20th chest.

>

> Heres a queation, Does magic find affect blc?

No they are have hard cap chance decided by Arenanet. The luck stat works only for drops and some bags.

There might be some behind the scenes luck multiplier decided by some unknown metrics though. New players might have higher chance to get cool shit. Not opening chests for a long time gets you cools shit, maybe. I also feel like some zones or characters are luckier then others, but that is kinda nonsense, or is it? And i feel like there is a cooldown between getting the extra proc, might be by keys or time. And does not mean much since i still get random cool shit sometimes from free keys or transmute charges cause why not put more of them to my PVP stack.

I've worked in mobile "game" dev company and shit kinda works like that, but that is all a speculation and BL chest might be totally RNG.

Arenanet has still not disclosed the drop chance of the items in the BL chest.

> @"ATROSITAS.7635" said:

> Speaking of black lion loot.

>

> I noticed that in this chest the guarenteed armor unlock had some of the exclusive items in there such as the Exalted Shoulders and the Wild Magic backpack.

>

> Are these items always in there or is this a rare occurrence?

They add some items from time to time, and yes they are permanent.

> Iv given up at 60. 2500g was my sanity limit. They say everyone has the same odds. I just cant believe that with my experience with the chest. Moat people iv talked to people get it (wings or fire cape) within there 20th chest.

>

Wait, so you said at 25 chests you felt "robbed and beaten" and that the game was "ruined" for you. You also said disappointed, saddened, and ruined again. So you kept buying chests, up to 60?!?!? What part of RNG are you not getting?? This is EXACTLY why these chests work the way they do. ANet thanks you for your support.

Seriously, I have no problem with the BLCs and buy some keys when I feel like it and if my budget allows. But I have a hard limit, and also the mindset that I may get something great, or I may get a rock.

I had some keys saved up from weekly key runs and used them just now. The guaranteed drop festival chest has to be the worst thing ever. The vast majority of things I got from them were SINGLE festival tokens and SINGLE quartz crystals. SINGLE festival tokens, yes, SINGLE... That's just a very bad joke, you get those by the dozens for everything you do in the cliffs. Also, I could mine a few quartz nodes and have just as much quartz.

Really, I'm so happy I didn't pay for this.

> @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

>

> > Iv given up at 60. 2500g was my sanity limit. They say everyone has the same odds. I just cant believe that with my experience with the chest. Moat people iv talked to people get it (wings or fire cape) within there 20th chest.

> >

>

> Wait, so you said at 25 chests you felt "robbed and beaten" and that the game was "ruined" for you. You also said disappointed, saddened, and ruined again. So you kept buying chests, up to 60?!?!? What part of RNG are you not getting?? This is EXACTLY why these chests work the way they do. ANet thanks you for your support.

>

> Seriously, I have no problem with the BLCs and buy some keys when I feel like it and if my budget allows. But I have a hard limit, and also the mindset that I may get something great, or I may get a rock.

I really wanted those wings. My hard limit is 60 no way im doing another on my time and dollar/gold

I put this in another thread, but that thread, she is gone. I spend $100 a year to get gems to support the game. I use most of that on black lions keys, plus I can swap gold for gems or get 2 to 4 black lion keys a week if I feel in the mood. (level 40 + 2 map completions) When a new set comes out, I use 25 keys. I am happy with whatever I get. I have no expectations. (I was lucky enough to get the Vermilion Wings, so I was able to use one of the many style kits I have to see if I can get one of my characters to look like a bird...)

Of course, I am both a Legendary Tarrktun Support and a Legendary Sandstorm Player, so I am pretty used to going, I am doing pretty well on gold and ectos.... oops. well, I better get out there and do some things to get some gold.

Blizzard games (Overwatch/Hearthstone/HotS) have a much better lootbox system and each box contains at least a garanteed rare skin.

In Hearthstone example, you will also get a garanteed legendary card after opening the first 10 lootboxes and another garanteed one if you open 40. Aside from that, the chance to get legendaries increases to more lootboxes you open.

O geez community iv gone and done it again.....you see i really want thise wings. So i ended up buying 30 more keys for a total of 90 now and well still no vermillion back peice. And out of those 30 more from last night, i only ended up getting one rare item the crumy shadow axe.

I really feel that my account has worse rng stat then the majority of the players.

> O geez community iv gone and done it again.....you see i really want thise wings. So i ended up buying 30 more keys for a total of 90 now and well still no vermillion back peice. And out of those 30 more from last night, i only ended up getting one rare item the crumy shadow axe.

> I really feel that my account has worse rng stat then the majority of the players.

The odds of getting a rare drop are .1%. Getting a rare drop of any kind from 30 items is actually better than the probability of getting one. That means, at least last night, you had _better_ rng than the average player. ;)