"Invitation to the Party" gizmo

I wonder this too, but I would hold off atm -- the "Invitation to the Party" is bugged right now (it disconnects, doesn't return you to your homelands when you're at the Labyrinthine Cliffs as intended) while the regular one works and will take you to 3 places: the cliffs, the crown pavilion and your homeland.

I'm looking forward to deleting mine to claim the bank space but not until they fix the bug. Which makes me fret that I might not feel safe deleting them until I've had a chance to test the all-in-one on each and every festival through the next year. Though I imagine the bug is because this one has two destinations, unlike all the others.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> I'm looking forward to deleting mine to claim the bank space but not until they fix the bug. Which makes me fret that I might not feel safe deleting them until I've had a chance to test the all-in-one on each and every festival through the next year. Though I imagine the bug is because this one has two destinations, unlike all the others.

You can rebuy ea one too like saving them is so silly in the 1st place but if you scared save only fofw today rebuy any others when that holiday hits

> @"Jilora.9524" said:

> > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > I'm looking forward to deleting mine to claim the bank space but not until they fix the bug. Which makes me fret that I might not feel safe deleting them until I've had a chance to test the all-in-one on each and every festival through the next year. Though I imagine the bug is because this one has two destinations, unlike all the others.

>

> You can rebuy ea one too like saving them is so silly in the 1st place but if you scared save only fofw today rebuy any others when that holiday hits

Ah thanks. I hadn't realized they had a vendor. Bank clearing imminent! /grateful

I destroyed the others. New one not buggy for me.

Edit: When porting back it does always port me to Queensdale - though I'm sure I did use it from somewhere else.

Must be because I usually start at the cliffes and end in the pavillon. (System might get confused having the old location not saved anymore when doing a normal map change.)

But no disconnects so far.

> @"Parasite.5389" said:

> I'm curious to see what this gizmo does when there isn't a festival. if it teleports you to your races starting zone, it might make Key farming a lot quicker for players without lounge passes

It won't do anything. The ones specific to each festival gave a message but they didn't do anything beyond that.

> @"Luthan.5236" said:

> I destroyed the others. New one not buggy for me.

> Edit: When porting back it does always port me to Queensdale - though I'm sure I did use it from somewhere else.

>

> Must be because I usually start at the cliffes and end in the pavillon. (System might get confused having the old location not saved anymore when doing a normal map change.)

>

> But no disconnects so far.

if your a human you should be ported to queensdale it says to your homeland dont it?

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Luthan.5236" said:

> > I destroyed the others. New one not buggy for me.

> > Edit: When porting back it does always port me to Queensdale - though I'm sure I did use it from somewhere else.

> >

> > Must be because I usually start at the cliffes and end in the pavillon. (System might get confused having the old location not saved anymore when doing a normal map change.)

> >

> > But no disconnects so far.

>

> if your a human you should be ported to queensdale it says to your homeland dont it?

Ah. That's interesting to know. Didn't know that cause I didn't pay attention to the wording here. So they use it very strictly and correct. Then I don't have bugs here. For the other festivals I didn't notice cause most of them were on the normal world map where I just use the waypoint directly. And for this festival here it was more convenient to use the invitation to port back (and then a WP) - than using the other options manually to leave there to get back to the normal map.

I think the only other similar festival was halloween where it ported back to Lion's Arch (according to wiki of the halloween invitation back then which I used as well) - and I didn't notice cause I entered always from LA.

Thought they would port back to the last location. (If I exit PvP lobby from the PvP button it also ports back to the last location I think.) I would prefer if every item just ported back to LA or either last location you had used it from. Since I usually enter from LA and want to go back there. (To start my daily routine from LA next day again.)

But then again: The wp money is cheap and it is just 1 more load screen additional. I guess they still need a reason for people to buy/craft those other items. (I think there are some scrolls or stuff for the major cities and LA is very expensive with the items needed to craft it that you can buy on TP.)

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> Keep the Halloween one since using it from the Labyrinth returns you to Lions Arch. This new gizmo says your racial city which isn't convenient.

It's not a port to your racial city, but to your 'homeland'; i.e. Ashford, Wayfarer, Metrica, Caledon, Queensdale. Which is (likely for many) even more inconvenient.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > Keep the Halloween one since using it from the Labyrinth returns you to Lions Arch. This new gizmo says your racial city which isn't convenient.

>

> It's not a port to your racial city, but to your 'homeland'; i.e. Ashford, Wayfarer, Metrica, Caledon, Queensdale. Which is (likely for many) even more inconvenient.

My guess is these items are mainly aimed at new players who aren't familiar with the world or how to navigate it yet. If you hear about the festival and want to try it out but you have no idea where 'Labyrinthine Cliffs' is or what a 'Hoelbrak' could be you just double click the item and it takes you where you need to be. Then when you're done and thinking "That was fun but...where am I? How do I get back to what I was doing?" you use the same item and it drops you just outside your racial city, not far from where you exited the tutorial - a place everyone should recognise.

If you've been playing long enough to know you want to go to a specific city or other location you probably also know how to get there, even if it's a bit longer (like going through the PvP Lobby to get to a city) and then this item is less useful, but at least you have options.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> I think you have to be level 2 to use it, so you can’t bypass the opening of the game, it would seem.

It is possible to bypass the opening instance. You just need the home portal stone and a shared slot or the free 2 week bank golem to get the home portal stone from the bank. Use the home portal stone, but do not go into the green glow, but head to the 'exitdoor' for your home capital. And voila, you are in the capital, and having completely bypassed the starting experience.

Less risky with a shared slot tbh, no risk of forgetting the stone on the new char when deleting it.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > @"notebene.3190" said:

> > I think you have to be level 2 to use it, so you can’t bypass the opening of the game, it would seem.

>

> It is possible to bypass the opening instance. You just need the home portal stone and a shared slot or the free 2 week bank golem to get the home portal stone from the bank. Use the home portal stone, but do not go into the green glow, but head to the 'exitdoor' for your home capital. And voila, you are in the capital, and having completely bypassed the starting experience.

>

> Less risky with a shared slot tbh, no risk of forgetting the stone on the new char when deleting it.

Doesn't that break your story though? I heard that's why they disabled all the other teleports in the starting instance - if you exit that way the intro story step doesn't complete and then you can never continue the personal story on that character because there's no way back into that instance.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > @"notebene.3190" said:

> > > I think you have to be level 2 to use it, so you can’t bypass the opening of the game, it would seem.

> >

> > It is possible to bypass the opening instance. You just need the home portal stone and a shared slot or the free 2 week bank golem to get the home portal stone from the bank. Use the home portal stone, but do not go into the green glow, but head to the 'exitdoor' for your home capital. And voila, you are in the capital, and having completely bypassed the starting experience.

> >

> > Less risky with a shared slot tbh, no risk of forgetting the stone on the new char when deleting it.

>

> Doesn't that break your story though? I heard that's why they disabled all the other teleports in the starting instance - if you exit that way the intro story step doesn't complete and then you can never continue the personal story on that character because there's no way back into that instance.

It does not, there will be a green arrow to go back to the intro. Which is located in your home instance.