Pretty disappointed with the 8th Birthday Gift.

Why would an 8 year old account need an ascended Amulett?

And whats the point on giving out an enrichment that most people wont even use because A.) There are better Options then Karma and B.) Its another Aura that clashes with most peoples Fashion.

This feels like something that would be ok for the second birthday gift.

2 More items that will sit in the Bank of many forever.

I think the amulet is just there so you have something to put the infusion into, if you want to use it but either don't have an ascended amulet or already have infusions in all the ones you've got, which you don't want to swap out. Either way an ascended item with selectable stats is at least useful. I've got at least a few characters who don't have one yet, or maybe only have one with whatever stats were easy to get (I definitely have several characters where I'm not sure what they're wearing). If nothing else you could salvage it, or keep it until there's a balance change or new stat combinations introduced and you want to swap something.

As for the infusion itself it's cosmetic, like most of the stuff in birthday gifts and therefore subjective. There is no way to give everyone the same cosmetic item and make it something each person will want to use because that just doesn't happen. I'm not sure I'm going to use it, and if I do it won't be all the time, only when a character is wearing something flashy that would go with it. (I do that periodically, then get bored with it and swap it for something more subtle...then swap that for something else later on etc.) But if they'd made something I like and would use all the time there's still no guarentee you'd like or use it, you might hate it even more.

But what's the alternative? If cosmetics aren't the appeal and ascended equipment isn't good enough because everyone who is getting it will already have it what can they give out? I'm sure you can imagine how bad the reaction would be if they introduced a new tier of equipment better than ascended and exclusive to birthday gifts.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I think the amulet is just there so you have something to put the infusion into, if you want to use it but either don't have an ascended amulet or already have infusions in all the ones you've got, which you don't want to swap out. Either way an ascended item with selectable stats is at least useful. I've got at least a few characters who don't have one yet, or maybe only have one with whatever stats were easy to get (I definitely have several characters where I'm not sure what they're wearing). If nothing else you could salvage it, or keep it until there's a balance change or new stat combinations introduced and you want to swap something.

>

> As for the infusion itself it's cosmetic, like most of the stuff in birthday gifts and therefore subjective. There is no way to give everyone the same cosmetic item and make it something each person will want to use because that just doesn't happen. I'm not sure I'm going to use it, and if I do it won't be all the time, only when a character is wearing something flashy that would go with it. (I do that periodically, then get bored with it and swap it for something more subtle...then swap that for something else later on etc.) But if they'd made something I like and would use all the time there's still no guarentee you'd like or use it, you might hate it even more.

>

> But what's the alternative? If cosmetics aren't the appeal and ascended equipment isn't good enough because everyone who is getting it will already have it what can they give out? I'm sure you can imagine how bad the reaction would be if they introduced a new tier of equipment better than ascended and exclusive to birthday gifts.

An alternative?

Something that says " Thank you for playing the game for so long." and not " Here is another reason to buy more Inventory space."

After 8 years, i would think something like exclusive mount skins.

By Lyssa, give me a 30 slot bag or something.

Even 5 Black Lion Keys would be a better reward.

Anything that is actually usefull for an 8 year old account.

Look I am just disappointed about how on my unlock I got a freaking ugly red dye that I don't have no use for. What a load of garbage. You would think that on your 8th birthday you would actually get something to represent it or mark it in some way. But no. It's a pretty shabby way to treat players that have been with the game since Beta.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > I think the amulet is just there so you have something to put the infusion into, if you want to use it but either don't have an ascended amulet or already have infusions in all the ones you've got, which you don't want to swap out. Either way an ascended item with selectable stats is at least useful. I've got at least a few characters who don't have one yet, or maybe only have one with whatever stats were easy to get (I definitely have several characters where I'm not sure what they're wearing). If nothing else you could salvage it, or keep it until there's a balance change or new stat combinations introduced and you want to swap something.

> >

> > As for the infusion itself it's cosmetic, like most of the stuff in birthday gifts and therefore subjective. There is no way to give everyone the same cosmetic item and make it something each person will want to use because that just doesn't happen. I'm not sure I'm going to use it, and if I do it won't be all the time, only when a character is wearing something flashy that would go with it. (I do that periodically, then get bored with it and swap it for something more subtle...then swap that for something else later on etc.) But if they'd made something I like and would use all the time there's still no guarentee you'd like or use it, you might hate it even more.

> >

> > But what's the alternative? If cosmetics aren't the appeal and ascended equipment isn't good enough because everyone who is getting it will already have it what can they give out? I'm sure you can imagine how bad the reaction would be if they introduced a new tier of equipment better than ascended and exclusive to birthday gifts.

>

> An alternative?

>

> Something that says " Thank you for playing the game for so long." and not " Here is another reason to buy more Inventory space."

>

> After 8 years, i would think something like exclusive mount skins.

> By Lyssa, give me a 30 slot bag or something.

>

> Even 5 Black Lion Keys would be a better reward.

>

> Anything that is actually usefull for an 8 year old account.

Believe it or not this is the first cosmetic infusion I've got. I probably could have one before now, but it would have meant saving up a lot of gold and therefore skipping other items which I'd rather have. It's safe to say infusions aren't that important to me, but I'd still choose this over your suggestions.

I like mount skins but at this point it's difficult to find a use for new ones, I've got ones which suit my purposes so unless I make a new permanent character who is totally diferent from the ones I've got or something really amazing comes long a new mount skin is just going to be a replacement for one I've already got. 30 slot bags are functional I suppose, but that's the best you can say about it, it's not something I'd be particularly excited to recieve. And putting black lion keys in birthday gifts just means a forum full of people disappointed that they got nothing worth mentioning or angry that their friend got something amazing and they didn't.

Like I said cosmetic items are subjective, what one person likes someone is always going to hate. You can't expect every birthday gift to give you exactly what you wanted when you know everyone is getting the same thing.

> @"Wheres My Mtn Dew.7109" said:

> Look I am just disappointed about how on my unlock I got a freaking ugly red dye that I don't have no use for. What a load of garbage. You would think that on your 8th birthday you would actually get something to represent it or mark it in some way. But no. It's a pretty shabby way to treat players that have been with the game since Beta.

Were you not able to pick the dye you wanted, or did you have them all already? I was never able to get Searing and am looking forward to getting my paws on that one. Godless is pricey on the TP, too.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Perhaps, the poster unhappy with the Dye meant it was received through the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock. In that case, it's best to wait to open those until after all the inexpensive items are acquired.

>

> Personally, a free gift is a free gift. Seems a bit ungrateful to complain. But, that's just me.

That's why all the guarenteed wardrobe unlocks I get end up sitting in my bank. I want to unlock as many of the cheaper/easier to get skins as I can before using them, so I'm more likely to get something I wouldn't normally be able to or willing to buy, but doing that gets boring and it's not a high priority for me so they end up just sitting there until some hypothetical time in the future when I'm ready to use them.

the acount stuff is fine, nothing wrong with that.

the character part however, completely useless, not even one single level tome.

to me the whole reason why i keep characters is because of the level tomes, they removed them about 2 years ago so any storage character older than X is useless now.

> @"Dark Red Killian.3946" said:

> 32 slot bags, mount skins, and maybe a random precursor for a legendary I think would be acceptable. Giving a legendary for a gift is too much I think, but a precursor would be a welcome gift. It’s one per account so it can’t be that big of a deal.

Why? You can get those from anywhere? None of that is "acceptable" to be honest, you just want things for free even if it wouldn't make sense for the birthday gift.

I'd rather have this enrichment over those, it feels way more special, even if the karma isn't that needed for me. Birthday gifts have never been giant rewards, they're just fun cosmetics and small boosts to help you out.

I like the amulet, though haven't seen what the infusion looks like yet. I have characters that can use it. I just got my last 5 otters today, so I'm for sure using that on my main. Though I'm still trying to figure out why someone laughed at me for saying I was down to my last 5, and then started a tirade about the gift one in chat. Guess I apologize for triggering that outburst. ?

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> Though I'm still trying to figure out why someone laughed at me for saying I was down to my last 5, and then started a tirade about the gift one in chat. Guess I apologize for triggering that outburst. ?

I make it a habit to never feel bad if someone else can’t control their attitude.

It’s one of the only things we have true control over.

?

I prefer the 8th birthday over the 7th, but just barely. Aside from the infusion being tied to a karma boost, as someone who mostly plays charr I'd rarely see the effect unless they adjust the positioning so it's not mainly inside the neck. The dye kit and other skin unlocks are to be expected, but I wish they'd have done something in addition to or replacing the 5k karma with something else. An amulet can be used on an alt, 5k karma is nothing and not useful by the time an account hits 8 years old—even if someone didn't play since launch, they'd still have gotten 5k x number of characters x number of birthdays.

I don't expect anything expensive—the dye unlocks you can use to unlock dyes worth hundreds of gold are good enough there—but getting something that's useful would be preferable. We don't even get level-up scrolls anymore and those were nice for alts and key running. An RNG mount skin voucher would be fine, as would any voucher, really. 5 keys, 200-400 gems, a chair, a boosted version of the tyrian exchange voucher, laurels, gold, the list goes on of things that would be better than 5k karma.

The amulet I can at least stick on an alt, that karma is just going to sit there because it's been years and years since I was ever approaching that low on karma. Heck, you can get about that much karma just by doing some events and/or hearts. It's like someone giving you a stale piece of bread to celebrate your birthday 8 years in a row—it's old now, in more ways than one.