Just wondering about some features of this game

What I don't get, and there may be a logical explanation for this, is the following 2 things:

* Why do PvE dailies include activity participation? This is something you battle other players in, not structured PvP, but still PvP. I truely hate those dailies and will skip them everytime I have the chance. Besides that, the combination of things might be up to reconsideration, one day it takes 5 minutes to get Daily Completionist, where on other days it takes hours because you have to wait for some world boss to spawn, or for daytime to do an adventure.

* Why do we have to venture into WvW if we want to build a legendary weapon? WvW is, in my experience, a very toxic environment that I don't want to wonder around in too much if at all. Still I have to complete the rewardtrack to get the Gift of Battle for my upcoming legendary weapon because there simply is no other way to get the Gift of Battle.

Any thoughts on this?

> @"Mindbender.9632" said:

> What I don't get, and there may be a logical explanation for this, is the following 2 things:

>

> * Why do PvE dailies include activity participation? This is something you battle other players in, not structured PvP, but still PvP. I truely hate those dailies and will skip them everytime I have the chance. Besides that, the combination of things might be up to reconsideration, one day it takes 5 minutes to get Daily Completionist, where on other days it takes hours because you have to wait for some world boss to spawn, or for daytime to do an adventure.

there are 4 activities which cycle throughout the week, only 1 of these is [specifically combat based](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Southsun_Survival), the other 3 are more sports based, although they have come combat aspects(think of it like Tackling in Football)

>

> * Why do we have to venture into WvW if we want to build a legendary weapon? WvW is, in my experience, a very toxic environment that I don't want to wonder around in too much if at all. Still I have to complete the rewardtrack to get the Gift of Battle for my upcoming legendary weapon because there simply is no other way to get the Gift of Battle.

Why do WvW players have to venture into the open world for world completion? a task that takes significantly longer than completing the reward track for the Gift of Battle

Thing is, I don't like competative gameplay, in any game. It feels like work if I have to play that gametype (PvP of WvW). Same goes for people dedicated to WvW or PvP, why can't these things be done in one game mode? You don't have to play PvP for a legendary, so why do I have to play WvW?

> @"yoni.7015" said:

> I wouldn’t say that WvW is a toxic environment. I play it almost every day.

> For a legendary weapon you have to play all modes of the game, WvW is one of them.

My experience is that when you are new to this mode, people don't help you get started, they just shout, follow the tag and keep up. Not a very welcoming environment, and people are constantly cursing on others.

> > @"yoni.7015" said:

> > I wouldn’t say that WvW is a toxic environment. I play it almost every day.

> > For a legendary weapon you have to play all modes of the game, WvW is one of them.

>

> My experience is that when you are new to this mode, people don't help you get started, they just shout, follow the tag and keep up. Not a very welcoming environment, and people are constantly cursing on others.

That is definitely not my experience. Maybe you just had a bad map. I would give it another try. At first it can be a bit difficult to get in but then it is actually a lot of fun.

Legendaries used to mean you "played every game mode". WvW is one of the game modes. If you don't want to play WvW you will not get a Legendary. It's easy, if you want the thing you need to do the thing to get the thing. If you don't want to do the thing to get the thing, then you won't get the thing.

> Thing is, I don't like competative gameplay, in any game. It feels like work if I have to play that gametype (PvP of WvW). Same goes for people dedicated to WvW or PvP, why can't these things be done in one game mode? You don't have to play PvP for a legendary, so why do I have to play WvW?

I used to hate WvW too. Usually I just pop in once a day for easy solo-able dailies, but I also joined a different guild that is quite fun to play with in WvW. If you still hate it and only want Gift of Battle, I recommend doing the dailies for the potions that give you 250 reward track points each. You'll get GoB before you know it.

If you don't like WvW but want the Gift of Battle, just do the PvE type WvW dailies:

1. Big Spender - spend 25 badges of honor. I personally buy the cultural armor. There's an achievement for getting all of them, or at least a fair number of them, so this helps progress 2 things.

2. Master of Monuments - go claim a ruin. They're in the borderlands and they're simply go stand in a spot for like 30 seconds. If your side gets enough they get bloodlust I believe, so this helps out your team without having to touch a single button.

3. Land Claimer - kill an NPC sentry. They're the flags on the map. This either helps our supply dolyaks get through or hinders opponents supply dolyaks depending on who controls things and where things are going. You kill it, then stand in a circle for like 10-15 seconds and voila.

If you do #2 and #3, you'll be in the zone long enough to get participating ticks on the reward track as well. Tier 1 (you start here) is at 25 points. Doing #3 is typically enough to push to Tier 2 and you get 60 points for that. Which the running to and from the monuments and sentries can tick that time down so you can get a few ticks usually on top of the dailies.

Still takes a while to complete the reward track though, but shorter than if you just did Big Spender. And depending on how many badges you have, you might have to do #2 and #3 as well if you don't have enough badges.

Just be glad world completion no longer includes WvW maps. It did when the game launched. That as a PvE player who absolutely hates PvP type play is much much much worse than the current situation to get the Gift of Battle.

I made my first Legendary weapon (The Bifrost) when one could still buy the GoB for 500 badges, was easy back then. From no.2 and further I needed the reward track.

I indeed do daily for WvW as long as it's doable, but the exp was going to the Warclaw track so far, never thought about Master of Monuments though. I had Land Claimer and Big Spender covered.

I started doing WvW for the GoB today and already have 7000+ points, so it's going ok as for points, but I just don't experience it as fun. E.g.: went to help some player today because he/she needed supply, went down near the place because of some thief interfering. All I got was: "how can you lose to a thief?" instead of "thnx for walking all the way over here so I can build a catapult". That toxic behavior is what I experience in most competative games, that's why I don't like it, I want to have fun, not shout at others because stuff doesn't plan out the way people like it.

I just endure this to get the GoB, but if you have to experience all game modes in the process of making the Legendary, PvP is one too, and that is not included, so why is WvW?

> I made my first Legendary weapon (The Bifrost) when one could still buy the GoB for 500 badges, was easy back then. From no.2 and further I needed the reward track.

>

> I indeed do daily for WvW as long as it's doable, but the exp was going to the Warclaw track so far, never thought about Master of Monuments though. I had Land Claimer and Big Spender covered.

>

> I started doing WvW for the GoB today and already have 7000+ points, so it's going ok as for points, but I just don't experience it as fun. E.g.: went to help some player today because he/she needed supply, went down near the place because of some thief interfering. All I got was: "how can you lose to a thief?" instead of "thnx for walking all the way over here so I can build a catapult". That toxic behavior is what I experience in most competative games, that's why I don't like it, I want to have fun, not shout at others because stuff doesn't plan out the way people like it.

> I just endure this to get the GoB, but if you have to experience all game modes in the process of making the Legendary, PvP is one too, and that is not included, so why is WvW?

Most likely because in PvP only the skin is usable. You don't get any kind of stat boost or anything like you do if you go from Exotic to Legendary in PvE or WvW.

I'm kind of shocked they made the Shards of Glory and Memories of Battle sellable on the trading post. It would have forced PvP to get the precursor for gen 2 legendaries and therefore the legendary itself as gen 2 is all account bound. It would have also forced PvP on players who wished to craft their precursor.

Also it could have also been a we can't make it fair for everyone. Win or lose in WvW, if you're participating you're raising your tier and gaining more reward track progress. I don't think you get as much from losing as you do from winning in PvP, meaning there would be an imbalance between those who got into better performing groups than those who didn't. But I don't play PvP and never have so this could be completely wrong.

> @"Tiilimon.6094" said:

> You can get gift of battle by running around mindlessly and playing the lute for a few hours, and you can turn ui off or just the chat to avoid other people saying things you dont wish to read.

>

> Should these gifts of battle grow in bushes to remove all effort completely?

Nope, they shouldn't, but I just wish the effort I now put in WvW had a counterpart in PvE.

> > @"Tiilimon.6094" said:

> > You can get gift of battle by running around mindlessly and playing the lute for a few hours, and you can turn ui off or just the chat to avoid other people saying things you dont wish to read.

> >

> > Should these gifts of battle grow in bushes to remove all effort completely?

>

> Nope, they shouldn't, but I just wish the effort I now put in WvW had a counterpart in PvE.

As some one who dislikes PvP components, I hope they don't change things. Legendary items should require players to do a wide variety of the game.

I'd also have absolutely no problem with them changing things to make PvP required and not able to bypass it. It might mean the end of me making my own legendary items, but I wouldn't be upset at ANet changing things like that.

> What I don't get, and there may be a logical explanation for this, is the following 2 things:

>

> * Why do PvE dailies include activity participation? This is something you battle other players in, not structured PvP, but still PvP. I truely hate those dailies and will skip them everytime I have the chance. Besides that, the combination of things might be up to reconsideration, one day it takes 5 minutes to get Daily Completionist, where on other days it takes hours because you have to wait for some world boss to spawn, or for daytime to do an adventure.

>

> * Why do we have to venture into WvW if we want to build a legendary weapon? WvW is, in my experience, a very toxic environment that I don't want to wonder around in too much if at all. Still I have to complete the rewardtrack to get the Gift of Battle for my upcoming legendary weapon because there simply is no other way to get the Gift of Battle.

>

> Any thoughts on this?

The logical explanation is: because. It is as arbitrary as any other combination you may like better or worse.

For every WvW daily you complete, you get a Potion of WvW rewards, which is 250 points of the WvW reward track that requires 20,000 points to complete. I always look at the WvW dailies to see which ones are available. If I see:

1. Big Spender (complete in the GH)

2. Veteran Creature Killer

3. Master of Monuments

4. Land Claimer

5. Caravan disruptor

I make an effort to complete at least one of them. Master of monuments, you go stand in a circle for a couple minutes on your home border land and you're done. Land claimer, you kill one of the guards and stand in a circle for a minute - realistically, you only have to get a couple hits on the guard, you'll get credit even if the zerg comes along and wipes you before you claim it. Caravan disruptor - go kill a yak. Veteran creature killer, learn the spawn points for the specific vets and go wait - normally the wait is longer than it takes to kill the vet. And there is usually a crowd gathered to kill them.

I don't have to go into WvW if I don't want, and I have a full stack of potions saved up so I can complete ANY reward track instantly any time I want to. Or any 3 reward tracks.

I love open world PvP. But I do appreciate when anet gets me out of my comfort zone to do fractals, strike missions, wvw, PVE. They don’t force me but if there is a fancy skin I must have then I’ve got to grow a bit. Also, we just had a wvw booster weekend. I knocked our GOB in a couple days just following a Zerg. It wasn’t hard at all.

> @"Seera.5916" said:

> Also it could have also been a we can't make it fair for everyone. Win or lose in WvW, if you're participating you're raising your tier and gaining more reward track progress. I don't think you get as much from losing as you do from winning in PvP, meaning there would be an imbalance between those who got into better performing groups than those who didn't. But I don't play PvP and never have so this could be completely wrong.

You get twice as much from winning as losing but the matchmaker aims to put you at a 50/50 ratio so theoretically it doesn't matter.