Can we get the Legendary Armory sooner than later?

> @"Firebeard.1746" said:

> > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > If you think it's coming before the expansion, I think you will be disappointed.

>

> This is what I'm afraid of. The expansion is coming out whenever. really. So basically we never get a fix to the unusability with leggies and the armory? Great!

If it comes as an expansion feature it is drastically more likely not to be a 4th layer of monetization on top of the already monetized to death system we have, so it being a marketed expansion box feature is probably the best case scenario, even it that means it will be a year out still.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> It would be nice but it's not like you can just will it into existence.

They made it sound like it was close when they first announced, and then there next update made it sound like it was far out. Muk covered that. To me, that sounds like they almost finished it and then pushed it out for some stupid reason.

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > It would be nice but it's not like you can just will it into existence.

>

> They made it sound like it was close when they first announced, and then there next update made it sound like it was far out. Muk covered that. To me, that sounds like they almost finished it and then pushed it out for some stupid reason.

Did you actually read the dev posts? Quoted below for convenience.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1249417/#Comment_1249417

> @"Fire Attunement.9835" said:

> First, thanks to all of you for your input. Your strong reaction and feedback showed us that this would be a worthwhile addition to the game and we can’t wait to get it to you. We’re excited to be able to make you a part of development early on for this feature, and in the coming months we’ll be sharing updates as we move through the implementation process.

"would be a worthwhile addition" is not a phrase to describe something that is mostly done. That is something to describe a project that hasn't started work or barely started.

"make you a part of development early on" does not need any explanation ...

" we’ll be sharing updates as we move through the implementation process" given the lack of updates being shared it is reasonable to assume that there has not been anything noteworthy to share

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Firebeard.1746" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > It would be nice but it's not like you can just will it into existence.

> >

> > They made it sound like it was close when they first announced, and then there next update made it sound like it was far out. Muk covered that. To me, that sounds like they almost finished it and then pushed it out for some stupid reason.

>

> Did you actually read the dev posts? Quoted below for convenience.

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1249417/#Comment_1249417

> > @"Fire Attunement.9835" said:

> > First, thanks to all of you for your input. Your strong reaction and feedback showed us that this would be a worthwhile addition to the game and we can’t wait to get it to you. We’re excited to be able to make you a part of development early on for this feature, and in the coming months we’ll be sharing updates as we move through the implementation process.

>

> "would be a worthwhile addition" is not a phrase to describe something that is mostly done. That is something to describe a project that hasn't started work or barely started.

> "make you a part of development early on" does not need any explanation ...

>

> " we’ll be sharing updates as we move through the implementation process" given the lack of updates being shared it is reasonable to assume that there has not been anything noteworthy to share

Yea did you read what the person you responded to said?

First post made it look like its coming soon, like this line.

>We want to talk a little about our plans for the next update that will affect the suite of templates features, and gather your feedback about what you hope to see from it.

>We’re calling it the Legendary Armory.

Then second post you correctly posted make it sound like its far out of reach.

I and many others pointed out that the next update that will affect template system, dont mean its the next update that will go into the game.

It will come when it's ready, the best we can hope for is some communication on a time frame of when it's expected.

It's been 5 months since it was announced but we don't know how long something like this takes and how much they are focusing on it so it could be any amount of time really.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > It would be nice but it's not like you can just will it into existence.

> >

> > They made it sound like it was close when they first announced, and then there next update made it sound like it was far out. Muk covered that. To me, that sounds like they almost finished it and then pushed it out for some stupid reason.

>

> Did you actually read the dev posts? Quoted below for convenience.

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1249417/#Comment_1249417

> > @"Fire Attunement.9835" said:

> > First, thanks to all of you for your input. Your strong reaction and feedback showed us that this would be a worthwhile addition to the game and we can’t wait to get it to you. We’re excited to be able to make you a part of development early on for this feature, and in the coming months we’ll be sharing updates as we move through the implementation process.

>

> "would be a worthwhile addition" is not a phrase to describe something that is mostly done. That is something to describe a project that hasn't started work or barely started.

> "make you a part of development early on" does not need any explanation ...

>

> " we’ll be sharing updates as we move through the implementation process" given the lack of updates being shared it is reasonable to assume that there has not been anything noteworthy to share

It's funny you say I'm reading it wrong but don't quote it:

First, thanks to all of you for your input. Your strong reaction and feedback showed us that this would be a worthwhile addition to the game and we can’t wait to get it to you. We’re excited to be able to make you a part of development early on for this feature, and **in the coming months we’ll be sharing updates as we move through the implementation process.**

Sounds real close, doesn't it? that sounds to me like they're working on it and will be implementing it in months. It's been WAY longer and all they said is "it's far out" And it's been ONE update. Not many. Nothing in regards to actual implemenation or challenges they're facing, etc. That's not the only post either, it's not even the OP about them. So you're not even giving all the information in your criticisms.

Templates are still not working as templates - nearing a year from initial dev presentation. If you think armory is gonna start from right foot this time instead of ending up like [templates in this lovely thread](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/91487/anet-can-we-please-get-an-announcement-of-how-you-intend-to-respond-to-the-feedback-on-templates/p1) you are very optimistic. If they throw funds from xpack pre-orders into armory we might actually get somewhat stable product. But If they are not planning to... oh boy. It's going to get monetized post-3rd-xpack-launch and probably broken is some shape of form. Since ArcDPS templates are gone many people - just like you, would like to finally use the armory. Anxiously waiting for this feature will only make you unhappy. Forget about it and come back in a year ... or two.

> @"Krzysztof.5973" said:

> Templates are still not working as templates - nearing a year from initial dev presentation. If you think armory is gonna start from right foot this time instead of ending up like [templates in this lovely thread](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/91487/anet-can-we-please-get-an-announcement-of-how-you-intend-to-respond-to-the-feedback-on-templates/p1) you are very optimistic. If they throw funds from xpack pre-orders into armory we might actually get somewhat stable product. But If they are not planning to... oh boy. It's going to get monetized post-3rd-xpack-launch and probably broken is some shape of form. Since ArcDPS templates are gone many people - just like you, would like to finally use the armory. Anxiously waiting for this feature will only make you unhappy. Forget about it and come back in a year ... or two.

armory looks more like a response to all the criticisms about how terribly legendaries interact with templates

right now you are better off with multiple sets of ascended than 1 set of legendary since you equip them on multiple characters without the hassle of moving them around and it also avoids the problem caused by the fact that templates are not templates but loadouts

> I don't actually have a single legendary yet, but I feel like it will motivate me to work harder on them. I REALLY want this.

At this point I have one piece of legendary armor and have just started working on my second. Still, I really want the Legendary Armory too. So I'm just joining the OP in reminding Anet that this is a popular, much wanted, update.

First of all, Legendary Armory should not be an expansion feature. It belongs with the template system which was implemented in the core game. If you ever used Legendaries, it currently works like this. I have my Legendary armor on my Engineer currently. If I want to switch the armor to my ranger, Currently I have to unequip the armor from all the templates, and then and only then can I move it to my ranger. Switching back to my Engineer, I have to repeat the process, and I have to set all the stats again as the equipment templates are not really templates that can be saved. The process takes soo long and you can’t easily get your previous template back up. Essentially, I see the Legendary Armor as a templates 2.0 to fix the problem with the templates to begin with. They do this, and allow more templates at once, like 24 instead of 6, they can sell them in 6 packs instead of individual. Also allow the option to group an equipment template with a build for one button build/equipment switching. I think it should be an immediate concern for them to release ASAP. A better template system would yield more people willing to buy more template storage. IMO.

> @"Asum.4960" said:

> > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > If you think it's coming before the expansion, I think you will be disappointed.

> >

> > This is what I'm afraid of. The expansion is coming out whenever. really. So basically we never get a fix to the unusability with leggies and the armory? Great!

>

> If it comes as an expansion feature it is drastically more likely not to be a 4th layer of monetization on top of the already monetized to death system we have, so it being a marketed expansion box feature is probably the best case scenario, even it that means it will be a year out still.

The death system was worse at the beginning when you had to pay for repairs. You don’t have the right to complain about that when waypointing on death is max 3 silver.

> @"dodgerrule.8739" said:

> > @"Asum.4960" said:

> > > @"Firebeard.1746" said:

> > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > If you think it's coming before the expansion, I think you will be disappointed.

> > >

> > > This is what I'm afraid of. The expansion is coming out whenever. really. So basically we never get a fix to the unusability with leggies and the armory? Great!

> >

> > If it comes as an expansion feature it is drastically more likely not to be a 4th layer of monetization on top of the already monetized to death system we have, so it being a marketed expansion box feature is probably the best case scenario, even it that means it will be a year out still.

>

> The death system was worse at the beginning when you had to pay for repairs. You don’t have the right to complain about that when waypointing on death is max 3 silver.

They are not complaining about the death system, they are saying the template system that legendary armor will be tacked onto is monetized to death

> @"dodgerrule.8739" said:

> > @"Asum.4960" said:

> > > @"Firebeard.1746" said:

> > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > If you think it's coming before the expansion, I think you will be disappointed.

> > >

> > > This is what I'm afraid of. The expansion is coming out whenever. really. So basically we never get a fix to the unusability with leggies and the armory? Great!

> >

> > If it comes as an expansion feature it is drastically more likely not to be a 4th layer of monetization on top of the already monetized to death system we have, so it being a marketed expansion box feature is probably the best case scenario, even it that means it will be a year out still.

>

> The death system was worse at the beginning when you had to pay for repairs. You don’t have the right to complain about that when waypointing on death is max 3 silver.

..what?

Talking about the Loadout feature here, and how it's functionality was crippled by being designed primarily for monetization purposes (aka. "monetized to death"), and how the Legendary Armory feature will be less likely to be a 4th layer of monetization of Loadouts if it's part of the expansion "box" price as marketed feature, rather than being sold as premium stand alone feature added into the game as Live Service update.

Players already have to work hard to acquire Legendary Gear ingame, they imo shouldn't then be also asked to pay for an additional feature to actually utilize it properly - making it just then better than ascended gear, when there are already 3 layers of monetization just to "save" and swap builds to begin with in order to utilize it.

That's why I'm hoping for it to be a paid Expansion feature, rather than a nickel and dimed Live Service one.

No one's talking about gear repairs.

> I don't actually have a single legendary yet, but I feel like it will motivate me to work harder on them. I REALLY want this.

You could start now to collect all the currencies and materials you need for the legendaries you like (it will take some time), but just don't build them if you are unsure.

If/when the legendary armory comes, and it is to your liking, then you can insta-build your legendaries. And if you do not like the legendary armory, you can still build legendaries or sell the materials you have and build a lot of ascended gear.

> @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> i dont get it. if you dont have a single legendary. why u need legendary armory? motivate is not an excuse to start. + 1 legendary wont make ur game life easier. =) even i have 8 legendary and 13 toons. i am not in a hurry. i still enjoy all my legendary goes into 1 character.

Correction: I've started both Vision and Coalescence. I will soon. Trinkets are a priority because I want to be done with berry farms forever.