Is there a class that can beat Guardian 1 vs 1?

Sifu.9745

I know this game is not about 1 vs 1, but anyway, i was wondering, if there is a profession/spec that stands a chance vs Guardian 1 on 1? i have in mind ALL kind of Guardians: DH, FB, condi, power, bunker, healing, all weapon type, with exception of Staff maybe. These guys are extremely tough, even if they play a "glass canon" builds, such as GS + Sw/X. I just can't think of any class that can take down a bunker Guardian, so i am more interested about a class that can actually take down a non bunker guard. As a bunker guard, your survivability is on pair with Mender Tempest d/f or Mender Weaver, but you do way more dmg than theses two elite specs.

Or maybe i should ask in on this way: is there a better dueling class than Guardian?

Holosmith, Renegade, most Ranger variants. A patient Deadeye or Mirage will also win eventually (although they'll have to temporarily give up the node), and LR Weaver.

Basically, guardian will win against anything that tries to go toe-to-toe in melee range, and will lose against anything that can stay at 600+ range spamming range attacks or which can dip in-and-out of melee range and drop a big burst each time it does so.

> @"Ragnar.4257" said:

>

> Basically, guardian will win against anything that tries to go toe-to-toe in melee range, and will lose against anything that can stay at 600+ range spamming range attacks

Well, Guardian can do crazy dmg with Scepter (both Power and condi), which is 900 range. And most Guardians run Scepters/X as secondary weapon set these days, so staying in a 600 + range might not be a guarantee to win.

I would like to see a LB ranger who can kill a Scepter Guardian, even if they both use only ranged weapons. No way. Scepter dmg (especially the condition one) is higher than LB dmg + Aegis, blocks and other defensive tools guardian can bring on.

> @"Sifu.9745" said:

> > @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> >

> > Basically, guardian will win against anything that tries to go toe-to-toe in melee range, and will lose against anything that can stay at 600+ range spamming range attacks

>

> Well, Guardian can do crazy dmg with Scepter (both Power and condi), which is 900 range. And most Guardians run Scepters/X as secondary weapon set these days, so staying in a 600 + range might not be a guarantee to win.

> I would like to see a LB ranger who can kill a Scepter Guardian, even if they both use only ranged weapons. No way. Scepter dmg (especially the condition one) is higher than LB dmg + Aegis, blocks and other defensive tools guardian can bring on.

>

>

100 gold that I beat that

> @"Sifu.9745" said:

> I would like to see a LB ranger who can kill a Scepter Guardian, even if they both use only ranged weapons. No way. Scepter dmg (especially the condition one) is higher than LB dmg + Aegis, blocks and other defensive tools guardian can bring on.

That ranger is even a hardcounter to the guardian. The guard might get the decap, but it will for 100% lose the fight at equal skill levels.

> @"Sifu.9745" said:

> > @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> >

> > Basically, guardian will win against anything that tries to go toe-to-toe in melee range, and will lose against anything that can stay at 600+ range spamming range attacks

>

> Well, Guardian can do crazy dmg with Scepter (both Power and condi), which is 900 range. And most Guardians run Scepters/X as secondary weapon set these days, so staying in a 600 + range might not be a guarantee to win.

>

>

You know you don't have to stand in they symbol, right? You can literally negate it using WSAD.

Guardian scepter is a terrible long-range weapon, it only really works in close range. Comparing it to ranger longbow at distances of over 600 is, frankly, laughable.

> @"asterix.9614" said:

> Holo, although it is hard against a competent guard (or it's elite specs).

holo will burst dodge n block burst again until guard is dead :P,m of if the guard push thinking will be a easy kill will be one burs from hole to make the guardian down...

nade kit burst rotation xD even on wvw ic players ic holos doing that combo all skills with nades in the midle of the como in 1sec...its nuts if its this easilly macro or non macroable to perform it.

> @"Avatar.3568" said:

> > @"ollbirtan.2915" said:

> > Guard is F tier now thanks to biased nerf. Core burn brainless build works ok up until mid gold. Good luck after that though. RIP Guard.

>

> Biased nerf? You mean you could full Bunker while symbols covored the whole node is biased?

They should have nerfed to Bunker part to hell and back instead.

Now you have Guardian Bunkers that are **even harder** to kill camping nodes, while the last semi-viable remnants of power builds have been eradicated.

> @"Avatar.3568" said:

> > Guard is F tier now thanks to biased nerf. Core burn brainless build works ok up until mid gold. Good luck after that though. RIP Guard.

>

> Biased nerf? You mean you could full Bunker while symbols covored the whole node is biased?

Well, not defending those bunker nerfs, but regarding the lack of adjustments on other classes, the word "bias" does come to mind. :tongue:

> @"Avatar.3568" said:

>

Ohh dear...you didn't get the message I guess. The symbol nerf did nothing to how bunkerish guards are. Nothing changed there. The only change is that now the only viable sidenode build also deals zero damage so it's useless. You can't really cap a node cause no damage, can't decap - not enough knockbacks etc. Sure you are a bunker. So what? Anyone with minimal pvp experience will just ignore you as you.

> @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> Holosmith, Renegade, most Ranger variants. A patient Deadeye or Mirage will also win eventually (although they'll have to temporarily give up the node), and LR Weaver.

>

> Basically, guardian will win against anything that tries to go toe-to-toe in melee range, and will lose against anything that can stay at 600+ range spamming range attacks or which can dip in-and-out of melee range and drop a big burst each time it does so.

Wrong, opposite

Guardian will spank that thief, spank that necro, spank that ranger. That mesmer he will get spanked too.

Elementalist, Engineer are good counters.

Pretty much if you have good sustain you can counter the guardian. If your good melee fighting too, you can counter the guardian.

Revenant probably isn't bad counter too, torment the fuck outta him.

Neutral is probably warrior.

Professions that tend to run away a lot, those are fodder to Guardian... Thieves, Mesmer, Necro, Ranger. Ranger being more close to neutral though.

I am a bit out of the meta now, so what I say is a bit outdated, but still works. Condi builds will rarely do well against guardian. Power builds do well, excluding thief. Having range does help, but range alone will not cut it. While guardian mobility sucks, guardian has good anti range tools.

> @"Sifu.9745" said:

> I know this game is not about 1 vs 1, but anyway, i was wondering, if there is a profession/spec that stands a chance vs Guardian 1 on 1? i have in mind ALL kind of Guardians: DH, FB, condi, power, bunker, healing, all weapon type, with exception of Staff maybe. These guys are extremely tough, even if they play a "glass canon" builds, such as GS + Sw/X. I just can't think of any class that can take down a bunker Guardian, so i am more interested about a class that can actually take down a non bunker guard. As a bunker guard, your survivability is on pair with Mender Tempest d/f or Mender Weaver, but you do way more dmg than theses two elite specs.

> Or maybe i should ask in on this way: is there a better dueling class than Guardian?

There is a meme build around, the gankbeast from Faux, which guarantee you to have a chance to win.

Look in ranger subforum for some vids.

> @"ollbirtan.2915" said:

> > @"Avatar.3568" said:

> > > @"ollbirtan.2915" said:

> > > Guard is F tier now thanks to biased nerf. Core burn brainless build works ok up until mid gold. Good luck after that though. RIP Guard.

> >

> > Biased nerf? You mean you could full Bunker while symbols covored the whole node is biased?

>

> Ohh dear...you didn't get the message I guess. The symbol nerf did nothing to how bunkerish guards are. Nothing changed there. The only change is that now the only viable sidenode build also deals zero damage so it's useless. You can't really cap a node cause no damage, can't decap - not enough knockbacks etc. Sure you are a bunker. So what? Anyone with minimal pvp experience will just ignore you as you.

Imagine how many bunker guard gonna play that when they have 0 value