My honest feelings about map mob difficulty in PoF

> @"Einlanzer.1627" said:

> That's great - but, ultimately, it's not really relevant to this topic. POF being a tedious chorefest isn't simply a L2P issue - mobs are more numerous, more pathy, and have higher aggro range than in most of the game and there's no real justification for it as these zones don't retain large numbers of players to offset it. Even if you have no trouble killing the mobs, it's routinely tedious and annoying for no good reason.

The justification is that it makes the maps livelier and more fun.

Any map where enemies placidly stand around until you tag them is a dull map.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"ASP.8093" said:

> > @"Einlanzer.1627" said:

> > That's great - but, ultimately, it's not really relevant to this topic. POF being a tedious chorefest isn't simply a L2P issue - mobs are more numerous, more pathy, and have higher aggro range than in most of the game and there's no real justification for it as these zones don't retain large numbers of players to offset it. Even if you have no trouble killing the mobs, it's routinely tedious and annoying for no good reason.

>

> The justificiation is that it makes the maps livelier and more fun.

>

> Any map where enemies placidly stand around until you tag them is a dull map.

Except all evidence available is that it does the opposite because there's nothing drawing large crowds to those maps.

> @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> And here we go again.

> More XY pages where everyone will discuss in a circle.

If we could quantify annoyance among players it might be an easier conversation to have. What I perceive as totally fine others perceive as annoying. And neither of us are wrong as they are personal opinions.

Where some players adapted their play style and expectations to the content, others feel the content should be adapted to their play style and expectations. Again neither is wrong in these approaches, however we know that some approaches are more successful to enjoying the game.

>Except all evidence available is that it does the opposite because there's nothing drawing large crowds to those maps.

Imo the lack of interresting/rewarding map wide meta events on those maps are the main reason for lacking players overall on the PoF maps. PoF maps looks for me like kinda abandond content from a lot of players. Even at odd hours (on EU side) i always find some coms doing the same old HoT meta events over and over again. Even Dragons Stand has still a surprisingly high participation rate of players. Sure on prime time there is the standart bounty com on the PoF maps but finding players for meta events can be quite challenging. Meanwhile in HoT maps i just need to put the com tag on, list it into the group finder and you easily get between 10 players to a full squad in no time.

> @"Mungo Zen.9364" said:

> > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > And here we go again.

> > More XY pages where everyone will discuss in a circle.

>

> If we could quantify annoyance among players it might be an easier conversation to have. What I perceive as totally fine others perceive as annoying. And neither of us are wrong as they are personal opinions.

>

> Where some players adapted their play style and expectations to the content, others feel the content should be adapted to their play style and expectations. Again neither is wrong in these approaches, however we know that some approaches are more successful to enjoying the game.

What I mean are the people who say you need to get better at the game and don't understand that most people here aren't concerned with difficulty levels.

And I see it like this. People who like to drag a thousand mobs behind them and then kill them with so called "skill". Can still do that even if the range is adjusted a bit.

But people who don't like that will just avoid these maps and maybe even the whole game. And even if here in the forum the perceived majority are the hardcore players who would prefer a Dark Souls, I strongly argue that the majority who play GW2 are the casuals.

And from my personal experience I can say that the POF maps are already much emptier than Core or HOT.

That's not really going to change in the meantime. No matter how much would be adjusted. But for people like me who like the maps for their aesthetics and for people new to the game a change would be beneficial. And as I said, it wouldn't diminish your gaming experience. **Since this thread hasn't been about difficulty for a long time, it's about range.

If the range was adjusted, you could even make the mobs harder for those who want it, because you could bypass them easier.**

> > @"ASP.8093" said:

> > > @"Einlanzer.1627" said:

> > > That's great - but, ultimately, it's not really relevant to this topic. POF being a tedious chorefest isn't simply a L2P issue - mobs are more numerous, more pathy, and have higher aggro range than in most of the game and there's no real justification for it as these zones don't retain large numbers of players to offset it. Even if you have no trouble killing the mobs, it's routinely tedious and annoying for no good reason.

> >

> > The justificiation is that it makes the maps livelier and more fun.

> >

> > Any map where enemies placidly stand around until you tag them is a dull map.

>

> Except all evidence available is that it does the opposite because there's nothing drawing large crowds to those maps.

All evidence you mean this thread where 90% of the posts disagree with you?

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"ASP.8093" said:

> > > > @"Einlanzer.1627" said:

> > > > That's great - but, ultimately, it's not really relevant to this topic. POF being a tedious chorefest isn't simply a L2P issue - mobs are more numerous, more pathy, and have higher aggro range than in most of the game and there's no real justification for it as these zones don't retain large numbers of players to offset it. Even if you have no trouble killing the mobs, it's routinely tedious and annoying for no good reason.

> > >

> > > The justificiation is that it makes the maps livelier and more fun.

> > >

> > > Any map where enemies placidly stand around until you tag them is a dull map.

> >

> > Except all evidence available is that it does the opposite because there's nothing drawing large crowds to those maps.

> All evidence you mean this thread where 90% of the posts disagree with you?

>

It's self-evident that this is not accurate. If you're finished with your hyperbole, maybe you can participate in an actual discussion.

> What I mean are the people who say you need to get better at the game and don't understand that most people here aren't concerned with difficulty levels.

There is always a subset of players on any forum who claim any critisism is about difficulty and try to derail any and all such threads by shouting it out as many times as it takes. It doesn't matter how many times it's pointed out that it isn't about that. It is what it is.

> That's great - but, ultimately, it's not really relevant to this topic. POF being a tedious chorefest isn't simply a L2P issue - mobs are more numerous, more pathy, and have higher aggro range than in most of the game and there's no real justification for it as **these zones don't retain large numbers of players to offset it.**

Please share the numbers and source for this information.

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"Einlanzer.1627" said:

> > > > @"ASP.8093" said:

> > > > > @"Einlanzer.1627" said:

> > > > > That's great - but, ultimately, it's not really relevant to this topic. POF being a tedious chorefest isn't simply a L2P issue - mobs are more numerous, more pathy, and have higher aggro range than in most of the game and there's no real justification for it as these zones don't retain large numbers of players to offset it. Even if you have no trouble killing the mobs, it's routinely tedious and annoying for no good reason.

> > > >

> > > > The justificiation is that it makes the maps livelier and more fun.

> > > >

> > > > Any map where enemies placidly stand around until you tag them is a dull map.

> > >

> > > Except all evidence available is that it does the opposite because there's nothing drawing large crowds to those maps.

> > All evidence you mean this thread where 90% of the posts disagree with you?

> >

>

> It's self-evident that this is not accurate. If you're finished with your hyperbole, maybe you can participate in an actual discussion.

This actual discussion is one big hyperbole. OP literally says that mobs are "bullying" him.

>But people who don't like that will just avoid these maps and maybe even the whole game. And even if here in the forum the perceived majority are the hardcore players who would prefer a Dark Souls, I strongly argue that the majority who play GW2 are the casuals.

Come on that's never been said in threads like this even on some kind of subtext. That's the same level of exaggerating like saying people who wants the mobs to be tuned down wants a walking simulator.

>There is always a subset of players on any forum who claim any critisism is about difficulty and try to derail any and all such threads by shouting it out as many times as it takes. It doesn't matter how many times it's pointed out that it isn't about that. It is what it is.

The question also is does tuning down the range of aggroing for mobs is part of the overall difficulty skaling of the game? For me it is. Because the game gives the player plenty of mechaniks to work around this. Is it always perfect? I don't think so but mostly it works pretty well.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"Einlanzer.1627" said:

> > > > > @"ASP.8093" said:

> > > > > > @"Einlanzer.1627" said:

> > > > > > That's great - but, ultimately, it's not really relevant to this topic. POF being a tedious chorefest isn't simply a L2P issue - mobs are more numerous, more pathy, and have higher aggro range than in most of the game and there's no real justification for it as these zones don't retain large numbers of players to offset it. Even if you have no trouble killing the mobs, it's routinely tedious and annoying for no good reason.

> > > > >

> > > > > The justificiation is that it makes the maps livelier and more fun.

> > > > >

> > > > > Any map where enemies placidly stand around until you tag them is a dull map.

> > > >

> > > > Except all evidence available is that it does the opposite because there's nothing drawing large crowds to those maps.

> > > All evidence you mean this thread where 90% of the posts disagree with you?

> > >

> >

> > It's self-evident that this is not accurate. If you're finished with your hyperbole, maybe you can participate in an actual discussion.

> This actual discussion is one big hyperbole. OP literally says that mobs are "bullying" him.

Except that isn't actually what the discussion is about, so, once again, hyperbole.

> @"Mungo Zen.9364" said:

> > And here we go again.

> > More XY pages where everyone will discuss in a circle.

>

> If we could quantify annoyance among players it might be an easier conversation to have. What I perceive as totally fine others perceive as annoying. And neither of us are wrong as they are personal opinions.

>

> Where some players adapted their play style and expectations to the content, others feel the content should be adapted to their play style and expectations. Again neither is wrong in these approaches, however we know that some approaches are more successful to enjoying the game.

How about we quantify how many times mobs that players intend to fight turn around with the invulnerability buff because they actually came from several thousand units away while the players are getting in position to fight them and every other mob around them, resulting in somehow stepping out of their leash range. I can't recall any other place this happens besides maps with mobs introduced in PoF. Maybe I can purposely cause this on other maps by taking potshots at them from a cliff but not when I am putting my boots on the ground and engaging them close up.

Can anyone claim it's acceptable that mobs will come at you and follow you all the way to the edge of their leash range, hit you, and then proceed to run back to where ever they came from while being completely invulnerable to you because you had to move just a bit farther to fight off one of the other mobs after you?

Interesting thread ... I like the part where many people think the game caters specifically to them. PoF map mobs and their distribution are hard/annoying/frustrating or not? Not really relevant. The game isn't designed to be everything to everyone. If we are going to argue PoF is different than HoT or core, there is no debate there ... YES ... and it's intended for whatever reason.

The question is if Anet should change it (otherwise, what's the point of the thread?) Based on the age of the content and the 'challenge' it presents most players ... I would say no. If you don't like it ... well, that's not a problem ... name me a single MMO where you love everything in it ... then tell me why you aren't playing it right now.

One of the strongest points here is aggro range. I really don't get why that's a problem OTHER than the fact that we are accustomed to the relatively low ranges from other maps. Can someone actually describe why bigger aggro ranges are a problem? Of course, absurdly large ones where _unseen_ mobs aggro you ... YES, that's an issue but we aren't talking about THAT far away in PoF.

> @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > @"Mungo Zen.9364" said:

> > > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > > And here we go again.

> > > More XY pages where everyone will discuss in a circle.

> >

> > If we could quantify annoyance among players it might be an easier conversation to have. What I perceive as totally fine others perceive as annoying. And neither of us are wrong as they are personal opinions.

> >

> > Where some players adapted their play style and expectations to the content, others feel the content should be adapted to their play style and expectations. Again neither is wrong in these approaches, however we know that some approaches are more successful to enjoying the game.

>

> How about we quantify how many times mobs that players intend to fight turn around with the invulnerability buff because they actually came from several thousand units away while the players are getting in position to fight them and every other mob around them, resulting in somehow stepping out of their leash range. I can't recall any other place this happens besides maps with mobs introduced in PoF. Maybe I can purposely cause this on other maps by taking potshots at them from a cliff but not when I am putting my boots on the ground and engaging them close up.

>

> Can anyone claim it's acceptable that mobs will come at you and follow you all the way to the edge of their leash range, hit you, and then proceed to run back to where ever they came from while being completely invulnerable to you because you had to move just a bit farther to fight off one of the other mobs after you?

If you agro a mob while running past it on a mount, and then stop at or near it’s leash range then what you described is expected. If you don’t attack that mob, you are out of combat (assuming you aren’t in combat with other mobs), if you do combat may take a second to fall off.

This is a new take on what others have been complaining about. Mobs that enter combat and stay in combat from extensive range. Not mobs that run away!

Again to the post you quoted, you find this behavior annoying and I don’t. How can we best quantify our experiences in a relevant way in the course of this conversation?

> @"SunTzu.4513" said:

> >But people who don't like that will just avoid these maps and maybe even the whole game. And even if here in the forum the perceived majority are the hardcore players who would prefer a Dark Souls, I strongly argue that the majority who play GW2 are the casuals.

>

> Come on that's never been said in threads like this even on some kind of subtext. That's the same level of exaggerating like saying people who wants the mobs to be tuned down wants a walking simulator.

>

> >There is always a subset of players on any forum who claim any critisism is about difficulty and try to derail any and all such threads by shouting it out as many times as it takes. It doesn't matter how many times it's pointed out that it isn't about that. It is what it is.

>

> The question also is does tuning down the range of aggroing for mobs is part of the overall difficulty skaling of the game? For me it is. Because the game gives the player plenty of mechaniks to work around this. Is it always perfect? I don't think so but mostly it works pretty well.

Okay, sorry that's true that I exaggerated there. I was thinking too much about the Dark Souls discussion where people wrote that they wouldn't mind if GW2 came close with some things.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> Interesting thread ... I like the part where many people think the game caters specifically to them. PoF map mobs and their distribution are hard/annoying/frustrating or not? Not really relevant. The game isn't designed to be everything to everyone. If we are going to argue PoF is different than HoT or core, there is no debate there ... YES ... and it's intended for whatever reason.

>

> The question is if Anet should change it (otherwise, what's the point of the thread?) Based on the age of the content and the 'challenge' it presents most players ... I would say no. If you don't like it ... well, that's not a problem ... name me a single MMO where you love everything in it ... then tell me why you aren't playing it right now.

>

> One of the strongest points here is aggro range. I really don't get why that's a problem OTHER than the fact that we are accustomed to the relatively low ranges from other maps. Can someone actually describe why bigger aggro ranges are a problem? Of course, absurdly large ones where _unseen_ mobs aggro you ... YES, that's an issue but we aren't talking about THAT far away in PoF.

Here in the thread there are some reasons why this is a problem. Do we need to break it all down again for 'your specifically needs'?

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > Interesting thread ... I like the part where many people think the game caters specifically to them. PoF map mobs and their distribution are hard/annoying/frustrating or not? Not really relevant. The game isn't designed to be everything to everyone. If we are going to argue PoF is different than HoT or core, there is no debate there ... YES ... and it's intended for whatever reason.

> >

> > The question is if Anet should change it (otherwise, what's the point of the thread?) Based on the age of the content and the 'challenge' it presents most players ... I would say no. If you don't like it ... well, that's not a problem ... name me a single MMO where you love everything in it ... then tell me why you aren't playing it right now.

> >

> > One of the strongest points here is aggro range. I really don't get why that's a problem OTHER than the fact that we are accustomed to the relatively low ranges from other maps. Can someone actually describe why bigger aggro ranges are a problem? Of course, absurdly large ones where _unseen_ mobs aggro you ... YES, that's an issue but we aren't talking about THAT far away in PoF.

>

> Here in the thread there are some reasons why this is a problem. Do we need to break it all down again for 'your specifically needs'?

Large aggro range has NEVER prevented people from completing content in this game ... so it's not really the problem people want to say it is. Again, what you find annoying/frustrating is simply a matter of personal preference and since the game doesn't cater to individuals, it's irrelevant. If large aggro ranges prevented people from playing the game ... that WOULD be a problem worth discussing ... but they don't.

I think it's pretty funny that people don't see the increased aggro range as _intentionally_ preventing people from avoiding trash mobs in OW ... yet somehow those people argue it's a problem that needs to be fixed ... I think Anet already give you the answer to that.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > Interesting thread ... I like the part where many people think the game caters specifically to them. PoF map mobs and their distribution are hard/annoying/frustrating or not? Not really relevant. The game isn't designed to be everything to everyone. If we are going to argue PoF is different than HoT or core, there is no debate there ... YES ... and it's intended for whatever reason.

> > >

> > > The question is if Anet should change it (otherwise, what's the point of the thread?) Based on the age of the content and the 'challenge' it presents most players ... I would say no. If you don't like it ... well, that's not a problem ... name me a single MMO where you love everything in it ... then tell me why you aren't playing it right now.

> > >

> > > One of the strongest points here is aggro range. I really don't get why that's a problem OTHER than the fact that we are accustomed to the relatively low ranges from other maps. Can someone actually describe why bigger aggro ranges are a problem? Of course, absurdly large ones where _unseen_ mobs aggro you ... YES, that's an issue but we aren't talking about THAT far away in PoF.

> >

> > Here in the thread there are some reasons why this is a problem. Do we need to break it all down again for 'your specifically needs'?

>

> Large aggro range has NEVER prevented people from completing content in this game ... so it's not really the problem people want to say it is. Again, what you find annoying/frustrating is simply a matter of personal preference and since the game doesn't cater to individuals, it's irrelevant. If large aggro ranges prevented people from playing the game ... that WOULD be a problem worth discussing ... but they don't.

>

> I think it's pretty funny that people don't see the increased aggro range as _intentionally_ preventing people from avoiding trash mobs in OW ... yet somehow those people argue it's a problem that needs to be fixed ... I think Anet already give you the answer to that.

And how do you know it doesn't stop people from playing POF maps?

I mean, it's not like the game is programmed around the needs of the players wo play the game? ^^''

And that you yourself put your personal views here and act as if all others were worth nothing ...

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > Interesting thread ... I like the part where many people think the game caters specifically to them. PoF map mobs and their distribution are hard/annoying/frustrating or not? Not really relevant. The game isn't designed to be everything to everyone. If we are going to argue PoF is different than HoT or core, there is no debate there ... YES ... and it's intended for whatever reason.

> > > >

> > > > The question is if Anet should change it (otherwise, what's the point of the thread?) Based on the age of the content and the 'challenge' it presents most players ... I would say no. If you don't like it ... well, that's not a problem ... name me a single MMO where you love everything in it ... then tell me why you aren't playing it right now.

> > > >

> > > > One of the strongest points here is aggro range. I really don't get why that's a problem OTHER than the fact that we are accustomed to the relatively low ranges from other maps. Can someone actually describe why bigger aggro ranges are a problem? Of course, absurdly large ones where _unseen_ mobs aggro you ... YES, that's an issue but we aren't talking about THAT far away in PoF.

> > >

> > > Here in the thread there are some reasons why this is a problem. Do we need to break it all down again for 'your specifically needs'?

> >

> > Large aggro range has NEVER prevented people from completing content in this game ... so it's not really the problem people want to say it is. Again, what you find annoying/frustrating is simply a matter of personal preference and since the game doesn't cater to individuals, it's irrelevant. If large aggro ranges prevented people from playing the game ... that WOULD be a problem worth discussing ... but they don't.

> >

> > I think it's pretty funny that people don't see the increased aggro range as _intentionally_ preventing people from avoiding trash mobs in OW ... yet somehow those people argue it's a problem that needs to be fixed ... I think Anet already give you the answer to that.

>

> And how do you know it doesn't stop people from playing POF maps?

Because there is no mechanic that prevents people from playing PoF maps due to aggro range. Just like there is no mechanic ANYWHERE in the game that prevents people from playing ANY map due to aggro range.

Aggro range does NOT prevent people from playing the game ... so other than 'feelings' ... there isn't a reason for Anet to fix it.

Again it's funny that people regard the aggro range in PoF as a 'problem' because ... obviously it's intentional. Just another case of people not thinking WHY the game works the way it does. If you don't understand why it works, you can't possibly expect to be taken seriously when you complain about it.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > Interesting thread ... I like the part where many people think the game caters specifically to them. PoF map mobs and their distribution are hard/annoying/frustrating or not? Not really relevant. The game isn't designed to be everything to everyone. If we are going to argue PoF is different than HoT or core, there is no debate there ... YES ... and it's intended for whatever reason.

> > > > >

> > > > > The question is if Anet should change it (otherwise, what's the point of the thread?) Based on the age of the content and the 'challenge' it presents most players ... I would say no. If you don't like it ... well, that's not a problem ... name me a single MMO where you love everything in it ... then tell me why you aren't playing it right now.

> > > > >

> > > > > One of the strongest points here is aggro range. I really don't get why that's a problem OTHER than the fact that we are accustomed to the relatively low ranges from other maps. Can someone actually describe why bigger aggro ranges are a problem? Of course, absurdly large ones where _unseen_ mobs aggro you ... YES, that's an issue but we aren't talking about THAT far away in PoF.

> > > >

> > > > Here in the thread there are some reasons why this is a problem. Do we need to break it all down again for 'your specifically needs'?

> > >

> > > Large aggro range has NEVER prevented people from completing content in this game ... so it's not really the problem people want to say it is. Again, what you find annoying/frustrating is simply a matter of personal preference and since the game doesn't cater to individuals, it's irrelevant. If large aggro ranges prevented people from playing the game ... that WOULD be a problem worth discussing ... but they don't.

> > >

> > > I think it's pretty funny that people don't see the increased aggro range as _intentionally_ preventing people from avoiding trash mobs in OW ... yet somehow those people argue it's a problem that needs to be fixed ... I think Anet already give you the answer to that.

> >

> > And how do you know it doesn't stop people from playing POF maps?

>

> Because there is no mechanic that prevents people from playing PoF maps due to aggro range. Just like there is no mechanic ANYWHERE in the game that prevents people from playing ANY map due to aggro range.

>

True, however, for my valuable play-time, I almost never go into PoF maps because of this annoyance. It's not "preventing" me, but it isn't encouraging me either.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > Interesting thread ... I like the part where many people think the game caters specifically to them. PoF map mobs and their distribution are hard/annoying/frustrating or not? Not really relevant. The game isn't designed to be everything to everyone. If we are going to argue PoF is different than HoT or core, there is no debate there ... YES ... and it's intended for whatever reason.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The question is if Anet should change it (otherwise, what's the point of the thread?) Based on the age of the content and the 'challenge' it presents most players ... I would say no. If you don't like it ... well, that's not a problem ... name me a single MMO where you love everything in it ... then tell me why you aren't playing it right now.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > One of the strongest points here is aggro range. I really don't get why that's a problem OTHER than the fact that we are accustomed to the relatively low ranges from other maps. Can someone actually describe why bigger aggro ranges are a problem? Of course, absurdly large ones where _unseen_ mobs aggro you ... YES, that's an issue but we aren't talking about THAT far away in PoF.

> > > > >

> > > > > Here in the thread there are some reasons why this is a problem. Do we need to break it all down again for 'your specifically needs'?

> > > >

> > > > Large aggro range has NEVER prevented people from completing content in this game ... so it's not really the problem people want to say it is. Again, what you find annoying/frustrating is simply a matter of personal preference and since the game doesn't cater to individuals, it's irrelevant. If large aggro ranges prevented people from playing the game ... that WOULD be a problem worth discussing ... but they don't.

> > > >

> > > > I think it's pretty funny that people don't see the increased aggro range as _intentionally_ preventing people from avoiding trash mobs in OW ... yet somehow those people argue it's a problem that needs to be fixed ... I think Anet already give you the answer to that.

> > >

> > > And how do you know it doesn't stop people from playing POF maps?

> >

> > Because there is no mechanic that prevents people from playing PoF maps due to aggro range. Just like there is no mechanic ANYWHERE in the game that prevents people from playing ANY map due to aggro range.

> >

>

> True, however, for my valuable play-time, I almost never go into PoF maps because of this annoyance. It's not "preventing" me, but it isn't encouraging me either.

That's fair ... and there are lots of other maps where people don't go into for various other reasons as well. I mean, sure we want Anet to encourage players to go to all the maps ... but they can't possibly do that by catering to subpopulations desires for specific game parameters, especially if there are other options other subpopulations want as well. The game can't be everything to everyone ... that's why we have variety and choice, even in maps.

There is NO argument for Anet to change aggro range in PoF because it's not a game breaking mechanic. It just is ... and some people like it and some don't. That's not unique to PoF ... it's the whole game. All the maps have things people like and dislike about them ... which leads them to choose to play in those maps or not.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > Interesting thread ... I like the part where many people think the game caters specifically to them. PoF map mobs and their distribution are hard/annoying/frustrating or not? Not really relevant. The game isn't designed to be everything to everyone. If we are going to argue PoF is different than HoT or core, there is no debate there ... YES ... and it's intended for whatever reason.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The question is if Anet should change it (otherwise, what's the point of the thread?) Based on the age of the content and the 'challenge' it presents most players ... I would say no. If you don't like it ... well, that's not a problem ... name me a single MMO where you love everything in it ... then tell me why you aren't playing it right now.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > One of the strongest points here is aggro range. I really don't get why that's a problem OTHER than the fact that we are accustomed to the relatively low ranges from other maps. Can someone actually describe why bigger aggro ranges are a problem? Of course, absurdly large ones where _unseen_ mobs aggro you ... YES, that's an issue but we aren't talking about THAT far away in PoF.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Here in the thread there are some reasons why this is a problem. Do we need to break it all down again for 'your specifically needs'?

> > > > >

> > > > > Large aggro range has NEVER prevented people from completing content in this game ... so it's not really the problem people want to say it is. Again, what you find annoying/frustrating is simply a matter of personal preference and since the game doesn't cater to individuals, it's irrelevant. If large aggro ranges prevented people from playing the game ... that WOULD be a problem worth discussing ... but they don't.

> > > > >

> > > > > I think it's pretty funny that people don't see the increased aggro range as _intentionally_ preventing people from avoiding trash mobs in OW ... yet somehow those people argue it's a problem that needs to be fixed ... I think Anet already give you the answer to that.

> > > >

> > > > And how do you know it doesn't stop people from playing POF maps?

> > >

> > > Because there is no mechanic that prevents people from playing PoF maps due to aggro range. Just like there is no mechanic ANYWHERE in the game that prevents people from playing ANY map due to aggro range.

> > >

> >

> > True, however, for my valuable play-time, I almost never go into PoF maps because of this annoyance. It's not "preventing" me, but it isn't encouraging me either.

>

> That's fair ... and there are lots of other maps where people don't go into for various other reasons as well. I mean, sure we want Anet to encourage players to go to all the maps ... but they can't possibly do that by catering to subpopulations desires for specific game parameters, especially if there are other options other subpopulations want as well. The game can't be everything to everyone ... that's why we have variety, even in maps.

And how do you know that only one subgroup has this problem?

Could you please stop pretending that you know all the statistics out there and start talking only for yourself? Thanks ^^.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > @"Fuchslein.8639" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > Interesting thread ... I like the part where many people think the game caters specifically to them. PoF map mobs and their distribution are hard/annoying/frustrating or not? Not really relevant. The game isn't designed to be everything to everyone. If we are going to argue PoF is different than HoT or core, there is no debate there ... YES ... and it's intended for whatever reason.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The question is if Anet should change it (otherwise, what's the point of the thread?) Based on the age of the content and the 'challenge' it presents most players ... I would say no. If you don't like it ... well, that's not a problem ... name me a single MMO where you love everything in it ... then tell me why you aren't playing it right now.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > One of the strongest points here is aggro range. I really don't get why that's a problem OTHER than the fact that we are accustomed to the relatively low ranges from other maps. Can someone actually describe why bigger aggro ranges are a problem? Of course, absurdly large ones where _unseen_ mobs aggro you ... YES, that's an issue but we aren't talking about THAT far away in PoF.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Here in the thread there are some reasons why this is a problem. Do we need to break it all down again for 'your specifically needs'?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Large aggro range has NEVER prevented people from completing content in this game ... so it's not really the problem people want to say it is. Again, what you find annoying/frustrating is simply a matter of personal preference and since the game doesn't cater to individuals, it's irrelevant. If large aggro ranges prevented people from playing the game ... that WOULD be a problem worth discussing ... but they don't.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think it's pretty funny that people don't see the increased aggro range as _intentionally_ preventing people from avoiding trash mobs in OW ... yet somehow those people argue it's a problem that needs to be fixed ... I think Anet already give you the answer to that.

> > > > >

> > > > > And how do you know it doesn't stop people from playing POF maps?

> > > >

> > > > Because there is no mechanic that prevents people from playing PoF maps due to aggro range. Just like there is no mechanic ANYWHERE in the game that prevents people from playing ANY map due to aggro range.

> > > >

> > >

> > > True, however, for my valuable play-time, I almost never go into PoF maps because of this annoyance. It's not "preventing" me, but it isn't encouraging me either.

> >

> > That's fair ... and there are lots of other maps where people don't go into for various other reasons as well. I mean, sure we want Anet to encourage players to go to all the maps ... but they can't possibly do that by catering to subpopulations desires for specific game parameters, especially if there are other options other subpopulations want as well. The game can't be everything to everyone ... that's why we have variety, even in maps.

>

> And how do you know that only one subgroup has this problem?

Actually, to be honest ... NO subgroup has a problem with it because it doesn't prevent you from playing the game and completing content. Anet INTENTIONALLY made the aggro range larger in PoF ... and you are intentionally unwilling to understand that to portray aggro range in PoF as a problem that needs to be fixed.