Griffon has no height gain yet bought expansion and payed extra 250 gold

Just played with the griffon a half hour ago, you can, albeit veeeerrryyy slowly and with a lot of effort, gain height if you have a high enough starting point (and all three mastery lines complete).

I'm personally glad that the griffon isn't just a bog standard "press spacebar to fly" mount, because flying feels very awesome and the effort put into maintaining and gaining height makes it feel so special to me, but I can understand the frustration if you're accustomed to the standard flying mounts.

The griffin is awkward to control, so awkward that I only use it sparingly since the wolf/raptor are better at evade while exploring and covering ground. The griffin doesn't feel right, the wing flap is way too slow between flaps, if the bar had broken into two sections with master it would have made more sense (flap faster to achieve height or intermediately to stay around same height. It's still a fun mount but the price tag is disappointing since I rarely use it vs the other mounts.

> @Dashiva.6149 said:

> > @Haishao.6851 said:

> > I paid PoF ultimate and my springer wont even eat a sylvari.

> >

>

> “Stop treating us like monsters! We are not the enemy!”

Not monsters, not the enemy...a nice side dish when served with a raspberry vinaigrette and a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper and grated paremsan cheese.

Mmmm.

> @Vova.2640 said:

> I got the griffon and I am kinda disappointed and regret I have.

> I thought you'll be able to quite literally fly on it. But it is just a glider 2.0

Before investing 250 gold in something, you might actually look into it next time then. Seems prudent to me. I knew it didn't fly long before I got it.

i was actually a bit disappointed when they did the livestream talking about griffon and confirmed that there is a cap on the height you can gain.

(without using the zone bounderies bug)

with all masteries and some practice you can gain a bit of height but its capped, and i don't like caps.

> @Vova.2640 said:

> I got the griffon and I am kinda disappointed and regret I have.

> I thought you'll be able to quite literally fly on it. But it is just a glider 2.0

In the jungle, the glider is more useful than the griffon. Don't forget, updraft only works on the gilder, it is useless on the Griffon. So the Griffon is not an upgraded version, it is just a different kind of glider for PoF and for players without HoT.