4th Utility Skill

ZyniX.3589

> @OriOri.8724 said:

> This points to elite skills being far too weak in general for their CDs. You should almost never want to pick a 4th utility over an elite skill if skills were well designed and balanced.

I think there's a simple solution. Just lower their cooldowns a bit. Maybe 25% less than what they are now?

Which also reminds me is the same thing on Awakened Dredg.... I mean Flesh Golem for Necro... the moment I touch water he's dead... why such a long cooldown?!

> @Vermillion.4061 said:

> > @Aeolus.3615 said:

> > as a guardian any other utilties would be be better than the elites guardian have, we only have 1 elite atm that isbazicly mandatory to run it :)

>

> Guards actually have 1 insanely good elite and 2 decent ones.

Guardians have a Elite other than Renewed Focus?

Across all 3 game modes, as well as specific use cases such as dungeon speed clears, there are only a handful of skills that see absolutely no use. A 4th utility option would be interesting, but the argument that most elites are garbage isn't accurate.

> > @Vermillion.4061 said:

> > > @Aeolus.3615 said:

> > > as a guardian any other utilties would be be better than the elites guardian have, we only have 1 elite atm that isbazicly mandatory to run it :)

> >

> > Guards actually have 1 insanely good elite and 2 decent ones.

>

> Guardians have a Elite other than Renewed Focus?

BGA sure did enjoy getting elite shouted at. :^)

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > This points to elite skills being far too weak in general for their CDs. You should almost never want to pick a 4th utility over an elite skill if skills were well designed and balanced.

>

> I think there's a simple solution. Just lower their cooldowns a bit. Maybe 25% less than what they are now?

> Which also reminds me is the same thing on Awakened Dredg.... I mean Flesh Golem for Necro... the moment I touch water he's dead... why such a long cooldown?!

While most elite CDs do need to be shortened, you can't just unilaterally apply a set CD reduction and expect it to work. Some need more than that, some need outright reworks, some have a good CD, just need some slight tweaks to bring the skill up to justifying such a CD etc...