More “paths” to legendary gear...

Swagger.1459

> @"Rodrick.1942" said:

> Just in short , Anet develop and maintain guild war 2 as a single product.

They had 5 years to learn that it simply doesn't work. In fact, every time they tried to bring PvE players into either of the PvP game modes, it ended badly for that mode (as in, they ended with less players in there than before).

Yes, there are people that play more than one mode, but in the end a vast majority of PvErs don't PvP (although they _can_ afk farm if it gets them stuff), and a large numbers of PvP players aren't interested in PvE either. In fact, one of the big draws of GW2 (and one of the major points on which it differs from many other MMOs on the market) was that PvE and PvP were strictly separated, and you _could_ completely ignore PvP without impacting your gameplay (and vice versa, i'd guess, although there are likely better games on the market for those that like PvP. That side of the game was never a big draw).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's say, just for arguments sake, that Anet implements a pve way to get legendary gear, besides raiding. Let's say it would take at least 35 weeks (an example, nothing more), and it would require big grinding from LS3 maps, PoF maps, events, you name it. Also, a bit more costly. No unique skin, just an already existing skin. Would you agree with it? It certainly does not devalue the effort raiders put into their armor, as it is unique and easily recognisable (it is fashion wars, after all).

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > I'm under no illusions ... it's an eventuality.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I love this thought process by the pro-raid crowed, like saying "The game is gonna die anyway, deal".

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I mean talk about a defeatist mindset, with that type of bleak outlook what is my motive to git gud, or even spend money again?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Might be why their funds are dropping, the people staying around already have the game on life support and ready to pull the plug.

> > > > >

> > > > > Nothing defeatist about it. If leg armor was THE thing that made this game presist forever, Anet would do it. Pretending that it's the fountain of youth for GW2 does not make your case for more paths. You aren't more insightful than a whole company of game development professionals. You don't have the data to make any conclusions. You're not that special.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > End result, they make a huge mistake with HoT and deviating from their foundation design philosophy.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > They should return back to their basic premise and remove the QoL upgrades from Legendary Items, to equalize all the gear, or apply the same effects to Ascended, as well as make skins for the other modes.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Their original design philosophy has nothing to do with not having QoL upgrades on higher level tiers of armor. That's not a deviation ... every teir of armor is better in some way than the previous one.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > They really arent. Legendary armor amd gear doesnt give you any advantage over players that dont own it.

> > >

> > > Being able to swap your stats without additional components and forging is an advantage. Let's not also delve into untruths here.

> >

> > I can just swap my asc sets lul. Will take less time to change stats infusions and runes.

>

> I can also swap leg. sets ... so what's your point? Swapping armor sets isn't the same thing as swapping stats so your comparison isn't very relevant, nor do I see what you're trying to illustrate with the difference between swapping stats vs. gear.

>

> Swapping stats is easier and cheaper on leg gear than it is ascended. That's an advantage. Anet is not breaking some original design intent because Leg Gear has the ability to swap stats in a way that Ascended gear can't. That's nonsense. That's no more intent breaking than the ability to swap stats on Ascended but not exotic. The expectation is for 'upgrades' and 'advantages' as the gear you can get progresses in higher level tiers ... and that's not a deviation from the original design intent because it's been a truth in this game since day 1, from the lowest tier 'white' gear right up to legendary.

>

> Therefore, 'broken original intentions' is a really disingenuous reason to introduce more paths to leg gear.

Its not really cheaper its about the same if you have 4-5 or so sets of asc gear.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> Let's say, just for arguments sake, that Anet implements a pve way to get legendary gear, besides raiding. Let's say it would take at least 35 weeks (an example, nothing more), and it would require big grinding from LS3 maps, PoF maps, events, you name it. Also, a bit more costly. No unique skin, just an already existing skin. Would you agree with it? It certainly does not devalue the effort raiders put into their armor, as it is unique and easily recognisable (it is fashion wars, after all).

I personally expect a new PvE path to legendary armour to be a big part of the next expansion (or perhaps the one after that). I don't see them adding it to an existing expansion. It'll have a unique skin but nothing as complex as the raid PvE skins, (ie probably not animated like the raid skin).

But yeah, I think that like you say it'll be a long time gated process that'll probably require you to collect parts from the LS season 5 episodes.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > Let's say, just for arguments sake, that Anet implements a pve way to get legendary gear, besides raiding. Let's say it would take at least 35 weeks (an example, nothing more), and it would require big grinding from LS3 maps, PoF maps, events, you name it. Also, a bit more costly. No unique skin, just an already existing skin. Would you agree with it? It certainly does not devalue the effort raiders put into their armor, as it is unique and easily recognisable (it is fashion wars, after all).

>

> I personally expect a new PvE path to legendary armour to be a big part of the next expansion (or perhaps the one after that). I don't see them adding it to an existing expansion. It'll have a unique skin but nothing as complex as the raid PvE skins, (ie probably not animated like the raid skin).

>

> But yeah, I think that like you say it'll be a long time gated process that'll probably require you to collect parts from the LS season 5 episodes.

>

It would be unfair if the devs developed a legendary armor in open world content without the animated feature.

> @"flog.3485" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > Let's say, just for arguments sake, that Anet implements a pve way to get legendary gear, besides raiding. Let's say it would take at least 35 weeks (an example, nothing more), and it would require big grinding from LS3 maps, PoF maps, events, you name it. Also, a bit more costly. No unique skin, just an already existing skin. Would you agree with it? It certainly does not devalue the effort raiders put into their armor, as it is unique and easily recognisable (it is fashion wars, after all).

> >

> > I personally expect a new PvE path to legendary armour to be a big part of the next expansion (or perhaps the one after that). I don't see them adding it to an existing expansion. It'll have a unique skin but nothing as complex as the raid PvE skins, (ie probably not animated like the raid skin).

> >

> > But yeah, I think that like you say it'll be a long time gated process that'll probably require you to collect parts from the LS season 5 episodes.

> >

>

> It would be unfair if the devs developed a legendary armor in open world content without the animated feature.

Unfair? Why? Wvw leggy and pvp leggy armor have no unique animated skin.

> @"flog.3485" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > Let's say, just for arguments sake, that Anet implements a pve way to get legendary gear, besides raiding. Let's say it would take at least 35 weeks (an example, nothing more), and it would require big grinding from LS3 maps, PoF maps, events, you name it. Also, a bit more costly. No unique skin, just an already existing skin. Would you agree with it? It certainly does not devalue the effort raiders put into their armor, as it is unique and easily recognisable (it is fashion wars, after all).

> >

> > I personally expect a new PvE path to legendary armour to be a big part of the next expansion (or perhaps the one after that). I don't see them adding it to an existing expansion. It'll have a unique skin but nothing as complex as the raid PvE skins, (ie probably not animated like the raid skin).

> >

> > But yeah, I think that like you say it'll be a long time gated process that'll probably require you to collect parts from the LS season 5 episodes.

> >

>

> It would be unfair if the devs developed a legendary armor in open world content without the animated feature.

I don't think it'd be unfair at all, perhaps they could have some other nice effects on entering combat rather than animating the armour. I think they spent a lot of time on the heavy raid armour but the light and medium kinda got shafted because it was so time consuming. I'd rather simpler armour to none anyway.

I'd settle for a nice short jacket on medium. Maybe a helm that went from a collar or headband to a full helm on entering combat.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > Their original design philosophy has nothing to do with not having QoL upgrades on higher level tiers of armor. That's not a deviation ... every teir of armor is better in some way than the previous one.

>

> This is totally false, and not knowing this, shows why you don't understand why the current set up is a deviation.

>

> Originally Legendary was Identical to Exotic.

>

> When Ascended was Introduced, Legendary was made Identical to Ascended.

>

> So no, every tier was not always better. It is only recently that they opted to make Legendary something better then all other tiers, which makes it a deviation from what things were originally.

>

> Just giving you this for your information.

Even without ascended you cant say they wouldent have put in stat swap on legendaries anyway.

But to be fair they probabely wouldent have to since you can sneeze and have another exotic set, not so easy with ascended.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > Let's say, just for arguments sake, that Anet implements a pve way to get legendary gear, besides raiding. Let's say it would take at least 35 weeks (an example, nothing more), and it would require big grinding from LS3 maps, PoF maps, events, you name it. Also, a bit more costly. No unique skin, just an already existing skin. Would you agree with it? It certainly does not devalue the effort raiders put into their armor, as it is unique and easily recognisable (it is fashion wars, after all).

> > >

> > > I personally expect a new PvE path to legendary armour to be a big part of the next expansion (or perhaps the one after that). I don't see them adding it to an existing expansion. It'll have a unique skin but nothing as complex as the raid PvE skins, (ie probably not animated like the raid skin).

> > >

> > > But yeah, I think that like you say it'll be a long time gated process that'll probably require you to collect parts from the LS season 5 episodes.

> > >

> >

> > It would be unfair if the devs developed a legendary armor in open world content without the animated feature.

>

> I don't think it'd be unfair at all, perhaps they could have some other nice effects on entering combat rather than animating the armour. I think they spent a lot of time on the heavy raid armour but the light and medium kinda got shafted because it was so time consuming. I'd rather simpler armour to none anyway.

>

> I'd settle for a nice short jacket on medium. Maybe a helm that went from a collar or headband to a full helm on entering combat.

The issue is that Leg armor from PvP and WvW does not have any unique animations (WvW Sublime Mistforged Chestpiece has a back animation _but this is available at ascended tier_). Payers who obtained /are obtaining those versions would be up in arms if a PvE "go hit some crabs on the beach and then collect some shiny pebbles" alternative had more to offer.

As mentioned many times, one of the main conditions which were negotiated to allow Leg armor to be acquirable outside of raids, was the fact that it would **not** have the same "prestigious" levels of animation.

If for some bizarre reason PvEers outside of raids were able to acquire Leg armor _with_ additional animations, PvP and WvW sets would almost certainly require the same treatment. On the whole, that's a huge amount of work - 3 weights, 3 sources(pvp/wvw/pve), 5 races, 2 genders equates to 90 sets to animate

> @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > Let's say, just for arguments sake, that Anet implements a pve way to get legendary gear, besides raiding. Let's say it would take at least 35 weeks (an example, nothing more), and it would require big grinding from LS3 maps, PoF maps, events, you name it. Also, a bit more costly. No unique skin, just an already existing skin. Would you agree with it? It certainly does not devalue the effort raiders put into their armor, as it is unique and easily recognisable (it is fashion wars, after all).

> > > >

> > > > I personally expect a new PvE path to legendary armour to be a big part of the next expansion (or perhaps the one after that). I don't see them adding it to an existing expansion. It'll have a unique skin but nothing as complex as the raid PvE skins, (ie probably not animated like the raid skin).

> > > >

> > > > But yeah, I think that like you say it'll be a long time gated process that'll probably require you to collect parts from the LS season 5 episodes.

> > > >

> > >

> > > It would be unfair if the devs developed a legendary armor in open world content without the animated feature.

> >

> > I don't think it'd be unfair at all, perhaps they could have some other nice effects on entering combat rather than animating the armour. I think they spent a lot of time on the heavy raid armour but the light and medium kinda got shafted because it was so time consuming. I'd rather simpler armour to none anyway.

> >

> > I'd settle for a nice short jacket on medium. Maybe a helm that went from a collar or headband to a full helm on entering combat.

>

> The issue is that Leg armor from PvP and WvW does not have any unique animations (WvW Sublime Mistforged Chestpiece has a back animation _but this is available at ascended tier_). Payers who obtained /are obtaining those versions would be up in arms if a PvE "go hit some crabs on the beach and then collect some shiny pebbles" alternative had more to offer.

> As mentioned many times, one of the main conditions which were negotiated to allow Leg armor to be acquirable outside of raids, was the fact that it would **not** have the same "prestigious" levels of animation.

> If for some bizarre reason PvEers outside of raids were able to acquire Leg armor _with_ additional animations, PvP and WvW sets would almost certainly require the same treatment. On the whole, that's a huge amount of work - 3 weights, 3 sources(pvp/wvw/pve), 5 races, 2 genders equates to 90 sets to animate

It doesn't need to have anything like the kind of animations that the raid armour to have some kind of effect; for example, Leystone armour has an _effect_ and so does Luminescent armour.

Regardless, I'm not too concerned about the issues people have with this kind of thing. Someone is bound to have issues with just about anything. Grind is grind, whether it's grinding bosses in raids, grinding pips in PvP or WvW or "crabs on a beach".

> @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > Let's say, just for arguments sake, that Anet implements a pve way to get legendary gear, besides raiding. Let's say it would take at least 35 weeks (an example, nothing more), and it would require big grinding from LS3 maps, PoF maps, events, you name it. Also, a bit more costly. No unique skin, just an already existing skin. Would you agree with it? It certainly does not devalue the effort raiders put into their armor, as it is unique and easily recognisable (it is fashion wars, after all).

> > > >

> > > > I personally expect a new PvE path to legendary armour to be a big part of the next expansion (or perhaps the one after that). I don't see them adding it to an existing expansion. It'll have a unique skin but nothing as complex as the raid PvE skins, (ie probably not animated like the raid skin).

> > > >

> > > > But yeah, I think that like you say it'll be a long time gated process that'll probably require you to collect parts from the LS season 5 episodes.

> > > >

> > >

> > > It would be unfair if the devs developed a legendary armor in open world content without the animated feature.

> >

> > I don't think it'd be unfair at all, perhaps they could have some other nice effects on entering combat rather than animating the armour. I think they spent a lot of time on the heavy raid armour but the light and medium kinda got shafted because it was so time consuming. I'd rather simpler armour to none anyway.

> >

> > I'd settle for a nice short jacket on medium. Maybe a helm that went from a collar or headband to a full helm on entering combat.

>

> The issue is that Leg armor from PvP and WvW does not have any unique animations (WvW Sublime Mistforged Chestpiece has a back animation _but this is available at ascended tier_). Payers who obtained /are obtaining those versions would be up in arms if a PvE "go hit some crabs on the beach and then collect some shiny pebbles" alternative had more to offer.

> As mentioned many times, one of the main conditions which were negotiated to allow Leg armor to be acquirable outside of raids, was the fact that it would **not** have the same "prestigious" levels of animation.

> If for some bizarre reason PvEers outside of raids were able to acquire Leg armor _with_ additional animations, PvP and WvW sets would almost certainly require the same treatment. On the whole, that's a huge amount of work - 3 weights, 3 sources(pvp/wvw/pve), 5 races, 2 genders equates to 90 sets to animate

This is EXACTLY what my post is about. Do people really want open world leggy armor, without any concern if it is the same skin as an existing regular skin, or do people want unique leggy skins with less effort than raiding?

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> Let's say, just for arguments sake, that Anet implements a pve way to get legendary gear, besides raiding. Let's say it would take at least 35 weeks (an example, nothing more), and it would require big grinding from LS3 maps, PoF maps, events, you name it. Also, a bit more costly. No unique skin, just an already existing skin. Would you agree with it? It certainly does not devalue the effort raiders put into their armor, as it is unique and easily recognisable (it is fashion wars, after all).

I think in a game that is 75% about appearances, not at the very least providing a unique skin, would be moronic, the fact that they haven't even bothered to give WvW or sPvP at least some kind of unique skin for legendary, shows how apathetic and neglected those game modes are to Anet.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > Let's say, just for arguments sake, that Anet implements a pve way to get legendary gear, besides raiding. Let's say it would take at least 35 weeks (an example, nothing more), and it would require big grinding from LS3 maps, PoF maps, events, you name it. Also, a bit more costly. No unique skin, just an already existing skin. Would you agree with it? It certainly does not devalue the effort raiders put into their armor, as it is unique and easily recognisable (it is fashion wars, after all).

> > > > >

> > > > > I personally expect a new PvE path to legendary armour to be a big part of the next expansion (or perhaps the one after that). I don't see them adding it to an existing expansion. It'll have a unique skin but nothing as complex as the raid PvE skins, (ie probably not animated like the raid skin).

> > > > >

> > > > > But yeah, I think that like you say it'll be a long time gated process that'll probably require you to collect parts from the LS season 5 episodes.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > It would be unfair if the devs developed a legendary armor in open world content without the animated feature.

> > >

> > > I don't think it'd be unfair at all, perhaps they could have some other nice effects on entering combat rather than animating the armour. I think they spent a lot of time on the heavy raid armour but the light and medium kinda got shafted because it was so time consuming. I'd rather simpler armour to none anyway.

> > >

> > > I'd settle for a nice short jacket on medium. Maybe a helm that went from a collar or headband to a full helm on entering combat.

> >

> > The issue is that Leg armor from PvP and WvW does not have any unique animations (WvW Sublime Mistforged Chestpiece has a back animation _but this is available at ascended tier_). Payers who obtained /are obtaining those versions would be up in arms if a PvE "go hit some crabs on the beach and then collect some shiny pebbles" alternative had more to offer.

> > As mentioned many times, one of the main conditions which were negotiated to allow Leg armor to be acquirable outside of raids, was the fact that it would **not** have the same "prestigious" levels of animation.

> > If for some bizarre reason PvEers outside of raids were able to acquire Leg armor _with_ additional animations, PvP and WvW sets would almost certainly require the same treatment. On the whole, that's a huge amount of work - 3 weights, 3 sources(pvp/wvw/pve), 5 races, 2 genders equates to 90 sets to animate

>

> It doesn't need to have anything like the kind of animations that the raid armour to have some kind of effect; for example, Leystone armour has an _effect_ and so does Luminescent armour.

>

> Regardless, I'm not too concerned about the issues people have with this kind of thing. Someone is bound to have issues with just about anything. Grind is grind, whether it's grinding bosses in raids, grinding pips in PvP or WvW or "crabs on a beach".

Grind is grind. But. Let's see. The aurora collection. It was doable with help from mesmers (you could just skip all hard parts), you could do all achievements easily with a group of people. If OW pve leggy armor ever gets implemented, a lot of stuff will be easily doable with friends, mesmers with portals, etc. Things you cannot do in wvw or pvp, for instance. Should this thing be rewarded with a new, shiny, animated skin? In my opinion, it shouldnt. People want an OW way for leggy armor? Give it to them, make it need more time to get completed than its other counterparts (wvw - pvp-raid) and give it an already existing skin. But my 2 cents in this story are that people, in fact, ask for unique prestigious skins rather than the functionality of the armor itself.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > Let's say, just for arguments sake, that Anet implements a pve way to get legendary gear, besides raiding. Let's say it would take at least 35 weeks (an example, nothing more), and it would require big grinding from LS3 maps, PoF maps, events, you name it. Also, a bit more costly. No unique skin, just an already existing skin. Would you agree with it? It certainly does not devalue the effort raiders put into their armor, as it is unique and easily recognisable (it is fashion wars, after all).

> > > > >

> > > > > I personally expect a new PvE path to legendary armour to be a big part of the next expansion (or perhaps the one after that). I don't see them adding it to an existing expansion. It'll have a unique skin but nothing as complex as the raid PvE skins, (ie probably not animated like the raid skin).

> > > > >

> > > > > But yeah, I think that like you say it'll be a long time gated process that'll probably require you to collect parts from the LS season 5 episodes.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > It would be unfair if the devs developed a legendary armor in open world content without the animated feature.

> > >

> > > I don't think it'd be unfair at all, perhaps they could have some other nice effects on entering combat rather than animating the armour. I think they spent a lot of time on the heavy raid armour but the light and medium kinda got shafted because it was so time consuming. I'd rather simpler armour to none anyway.

> > >

> > > I'd settle for a nice short jacket on medium. Maybe a helm that went from a collar or headband to a full helm on entering combat.

> >

> > The issue is that Leg armor from PvP and WvW does not have any unique animations (WvW Sublime Mistforged Chestpiece has a back animation _but this is available at ascended tier_). Payers who obtained /are obtaining those versions would be up in arms if a PvE "go hit some crabs on the beach and then collect some shiny pebbles" alternative had more to offer.

> > As mentioned many times, one of the main conditions which were negotiated to allow Leg armor to be acquirable outside of raids, was the fact that it would **not** have the same "prestigious" levels of animation.

> > If for some bizarre reason PvEers outside of raids were able to acquire Leg armor _with_ additional animations, PvP and WvW sets would almost certainly require the same treatment. On the whole, that's a huge amount of work - 3 weights, 3 sources(pvp/wvw/pve), 5 races, 2 genders equates to 90 sets to animate

>

> This is EXACTLY what my post is about. Do people really want open world leggy armor, without any concern if it is the same skin as an existing regular skin, or do people want unique leggy skins with less effort than raiding?

Less Effort is deceptive. I think the main problem is there are a lot of people that don't want to have to collaborate with 9 other people, or take orders from someone they would rather throat punch then help out, to get some stupid trinket.

Effort and time are not issue, a long or even complex journey is welcomed by many, even if it would take 52 weeks, of effort, say, a time gated Jump Puzzles, that can only be done once a week, and you need to do them 52 times in order to get the mats needed, would still be a better option to some then dealing with a doing a Raid.

Personally, I think it's a bad move on Anet's part to not have a Core and PoF means to acquire Legendary Armor, I also think it's a bad move that they don't have a HoT and PoF means to get a legendary back item.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > Let's say, just for arguments sake, that Anet implements a pve way to get legendary gear, besides raiding. Let's say it would take at least 35 weeks (an example, nothing more), and it would require big grinding from LS3 maps, PoF maps, events, you name it. Also, a bit more costly. No unique skin, just an already existing skin. Would you agree with it? It certainly does not devalue the effort raiders put into their armor, as it is unique and easily recognisable (it is fashion wars, after all).

>

> I think in a game that is 75% about appearances, not at the very least providing a unique skin, would be moronic, the fact that they haven't even bothered to give WvW or sPvP at least some kind of unique skin for legendary, shows how apathetic and neglected those game modes are to Anet.

All 15 or so players that play wvw, we know the mode is neglected, we know it is underrewarded. It has been. People left wvw because of balance issues, because of this neglect anet would take do anything about. But that is a different story. What is becoming increasingly obvious, is that those who want an OW leggy armor also want a new , unique skin. Wvw didnt get one. Pvp didnt get one. Why would the easiest, most rewarding mode in this game (open world stuff) get its own unique skin, it is a mystery to me. I agree that, in anet's philosophy, there should be a pve way to make leggy armor,besides raids. But, you want them sweet, unique, animated skins? You do the other mode, if you truly want them. Hit that 2k wvw rank, do them raids. But open world? If OW get a unique skin, people from all other mode will feel the injustice.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> This is EXACTLY what my post is about. Do people really want open world leggy armor, without any concern if it is the same skin as an existing regular skin, or do people want unique leggy skins with less effort than raiding?

Personally I'm not in favour of OW "crab-hitting" Leg armor, but I would completely support development of new skins for existing ascended FotM options - Fractal Ascended Skins in line with Fractal Relic Skins(weapons).

As for others in this thread, everyone wants something slightly different. Some want leg armor exclusive to raids, some want non flashy Leg for killing _X_ amount of champs/bounties, others want exclusive, shiny, animated leg armor for hitting 10 mosquitoes (and everything in between).

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > Let's say, just for arguments sake, that Anet implements a pve way to get legendary gear, besides raiding. Let's say it would take at least 35 weeks (an example, nothing more), and it would require big grinding from LS3 maps, PoF maps, events, you name it. Also, a bit more costly. No unique skin, just an already existing skin. Would you agree with it? It certainly does not devalue the effort raiders put into their armor, as it is unique and easily recognisable (it is fashion wars, after all).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I personally expect a new PvE path to legendary armour to be a big part of the next expansion (or perhaps the one after that). I don't see them adding it to an existing expansion. It'll have a unique skin but nothing as complex as the raid PvE skins, (ie probably not animated like the raid skin).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But yeah, I think that like you say it'll be a long time gated process that'll probably require you to collect parts from the LS season 5 episodes.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > It would be unfair if the devs developed a legendary armor in open world content without the animated feature.

> > > >

> > > > I don't think it'd be unfair at all, perhaps they could have some other nice effects on entering combat rather than animating the armour. I think they spent a lot of time on the heavy raid armour but the light and medium kinda got shafted because it was so time consuming. I'd rather simpler armour to none anyway.

> > > >

> > > > I'd settle for a nice short jacket on medium. Maybe a helm that went from a collar or headband to a full helm on entering combat.

> > >

> > > The issue is that Leg armor from PvP and WvW does not have any unique animations (WvW Sublime Mistforged Chestpiece has a back animation _but this is available at ascended tier_). Payers who obtained /are obtaining those versions would be up in arms if a PvE "go hit some crabs on the beach and then collect some shiny pebbles" alternative had more to offer.

> > > As mentioned many times, one of the main conditions which were negotiated to allow Leg armor to be acquirable outside of raids, was the fact that it would **not** have the same "prestigious" levels of animation.

> > > If for some bizarre reason PvEers outside of raids were able to acquire Leg armor _with_ additional animations, PvP and WvW sets would almost certainly require the same treatment. On the whole, that's a huge amount of work - 3 weights, 3 sources(pvp/wvw/pve), 5 races, 2 genders equates to 90 sets to animate

> >

> > This is EXACTLY what my post is about. Do people really want open world leggy armor, without any concern if it is the same skin as an existing regular skin, or do people want unique leggy skins with less effort than raiding?

>

> Less Effort is deceptive. I think the main problem is there are a lot of people that don't want to have to collaborate with 9 other people, or take orders from someone they would rather throat punch then help out, to get some stupid trinket.

>

> Effort and time are not issue, a long or even complex journey is welcomed by many, even if it would take 52 weeks, of effort, say, a time gated Jump Puzzles, that can only be done once a week, and you need to do them 52 times in order to get the mats needed, would still be a better option to some then dealing with a doing a Raid.

>

> Personally, I think it's a bad move on Anet's part to not have a Core and PoF means to acquire Legendary Armor, I also think it's a bad move that they don't have a HoT and PoF means to get a legendary back item.

I agree. Make it 52 weeks to get the OW Leggy stuff. No unique skin. Everyone is happy. Right?

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > Let's say, just for arguments sake, that Anet implements a pve way to get legendary gear, besides raiding. Let's say it would take at least 35 weeks (an example, nothing more), and it would require big grinding from LS3 maps, PoF maps, events, you name it. Also, a bit more costly. No unique skin, just an already existing skin. Would you agree with it? It certainly does not devalue the effort raiders put into their armor, as it is unique and easily recognisable (it is fashion wars, after all).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I personally expect a new PvE path to legendary armour to be a big part of the next expansion (or perhaps the one after that). I don't see them adding it to an existing expansion. It'll have a unique skin but nothing as complex as the raid PvE skins, (ie probably not animated like the raid skin).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But yeah, I think that like you say it'll be a long time gated process that'll probably require you to collect parts from the LS season 5 episodes.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It would be unfair if the devs developed a legendary armor in open world content without the animated feature.

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't think it'd be unfair at all, perhaps they could have some other nice effects on entering combat rather than animating the armour. I think they spent a lot of time on the heavy raid armour but the light and medium kinda got shafted because it was so time consuming. I'd rather simpler armour to none anyway.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'd settle for a nice short jacket on medium. Maybe a helm that went from a collar or headband to a full helm on entering combat.

> > > >

> > > > The issue is that Leg armor from PvP and WvW does not have any unique animations (WvW Sublime Mistforged Chestpiece has a back animation _but this is available at ascended tier_). Payers who obtained /are obtaining those versions would be up in arms if a PvE "go hit some crabs on the beach and then collect some shiny pebbles" alternative had more to offer.

> > > > As mentioned many times, one of the main conditions which were negotiated to allow Leg armor to be acquirable outside of raids, was the fact that it would **not** have the same "prestigious" levels of animation.

> > > > If for some bizarre reason PvEers outside of raids were able to acquire Leg armor _with_ additional animations, PvP and WvW sets would almost certainly require the same treatment. On the whole, that's a huge amount of work - 3 weights, 3 sources(pvp/wvw/pve), 5 races, 2 genders equates to 90 sets to animate

> > >

> > > This is EXACTLY what my post is about. Do people really want open world leggy armor, without any concern if it is the same skin as an existing regular skin, or do people want unique leggy skins with less effort than raiding?

> >

> > Less Effort is deceptive. I think the main problem is there are a lot of people that don't want to have to collaborate with 9 other people, or take orders from someone they would rather throat punch then help out, to get some stupid trinket.

> >

> > Effort and time are not issue, a long or even complex journey is welcomed by many, even if it would take 52 weeks, of effort, say, a time gated Jump Puzzles, that can only be done once a week, and you need to do them 52 times in order to get the mats needed, would still be a better option to some then dealing with a doing a Raid.

> >

> > Personally, I think it's a bad move on Anet's part to not have a Core and PoF means to acquire Legendary Armor, I also think it's a bad move that they don't have a HoT and PoF means to get a legendary back item.

>

> I agree. Make it 52 weeks to get the OW Leggy stuff. No unique skin. Everyone is happy. Right?

Allow me to repeat myself.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

>

> I think in a game that is 75% about appearances, not at the very least providing a **unique skin**, would be moronic, the fact that they haven't even bothered to give WvW or sPvP at least some kind of unique skin for legendary, shows how apathetic and neglected those game modes are to Anet.

And I don't mean an animated one like Evony, but, at least one that is custom to that armor and, if it fits well, a particle effect, like.. for example, Citadel of Flame armor has flames, Leystone has that mist effect, Etc...

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > Ok, let me rephrase. Anet knows that the majority of their players are PvE. They also knew that a majority of the pve players will not raid - in fact, that was the voiced intention behind the mode. So when they decided to place legendary armor in raids (and then pvp and wvw) they also knew they are placing them in the parts of content most of their players do not participate in.

> > > > That design does exclude that majority of players. Not by placing some hard barriers, impossible to pass, but by intentionally ignoring the preferences of said majority.

> > > > If game devs intentionally ignoring majority of their players is not a problem, then i don't know what is.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Same could be said for each and every legendary in the game. Let's face it, they all practically exclude casual players, because they take way too much effort for a casual player.

> >

> > There are lots of casual players in WvW, so that's not true. If you play WvW casually, you will be able to craft legendary armor at some point.

>

> No, you wouldn't. I'm playing WvW more than "casually" since before the introduction of the new reward system and I'm still far from getting a single set. The sheer time investment there means you're not a casual if you do it. Same as for getting a legendary weapon. Like I said, yes, it is possible in theory. But it is extremely rare in practice.

Well, I started about 4 weeks ago and yesterday got the legendary chest piece. If I can do this within 4 weeks by simply and casually capping camps with my double pistol thief, I really don't know what you are doing in WvW to not get enough claim tickets. My rank is 114 btw.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > > > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > Let's say, just for arguments sake, that Anet implements a pve way to get legendary gear, besides raiding. Let's say it would take at least 35 weeks (an example, nothing more), and it would require big grinding from LS3 maps, PoF maps, events, you name it. Also, a bit more costly. No unique skin, just an already existing skin. Would you agree with it? It certainly does not devalue the effort raiders put into their armor, as it is unique and easily recognisable (it is fashion wars, after all).

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I personally expect a new PvE path to legendary armour to be a big part of the next expansion (or perhaps the one after that). I don't see them adding it to an existing expansion. It'll have a unique skin but nothing as complex as the raid PvE skins, (ie probably not animated like the raid skin).

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But yeah, I think that like you say it'll be a long time gated process that'll probably require you to collect parts from the LS season 5 episodes.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It would be unfair if the devs developed a legendary armor in open world content without the animated feature.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I don't think it'd be unfair at all, perhaps they could have some other nice effects on entering combat rather than animating the armour. I think they spent a lot of time on the heavy raid armour but the light and medium kinda got shafted because it was so time consuming. I'd rather simpler armour to none anyway.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'd settle for a nice short jacket on medium. Maybe a helm that went from a collar or headband to a full helm on entering combat.

> > > > >

> > > > > The issue is that Leg armor from PvP and WvW does not have any unique animations (WvW Sublime Mistforged Chestpiece has a back animation _but this is available at ascended tier_). Payers who obtained /are obtaining those versions would be up in arms if a PvE "go hit some crabs on the beach and then collect some shiny pebbles" alternative had more to offer.

> > > > > As mentioned many times, one of the main conditions which were negotiated to allow Leg armor to be acquirable outside of raids, was the fact that it would **not** have the same "prestigious" levels of animation.

> > > > > If for some bizarre reason PvEers outside of raids were able to acquire Leg armor _with_ additional animations, PvP and WvW sets would almost certainly require the same treatment. On the whole, that's a huge amount of work - 3 weights, 3 sources(pvp/wvw/pve), 5 races, 2 genders equates to 90 sets to animate

> > > >

> > > > This is EXACTLY what my post is about. Do people really want open world leggy armor, without any concern if it is the same skin as an existing regular skin, or do people want unique leggy skins with less effort than raiding?

> > >

> > > Less Effort is deceptive. I think the main problem is there are a lot of people that don't want to have to collaborate with 9 other people, or take orders from someone they would rather throat punch then help out, to get some stupid trinket.

> > >

> > > Effort and time are not issue, a long or even complex journey is welcomed by many, even if it would take 52 weeks, of effort, say, a time gated Jump Puzzles, that can only be done once a week, and you need to do them 52 times in order to get the mats needed, would still be a better option to some then dealing with a doing a Raid.

> > >

> > > Personally, I think it's a bad move on Anet's part to not have a Core and PoF means to acquire Legendary Armor, I also think it's a bad move that they don't have a HoT and PoF means to get a legendary back item.

> >

> > I agree. Make it 52 weeks to get the OW Leggy stuff. No unique skin. Everyone is happy. Right?

>

> Allow me to repeat myself.

>

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> >

> > I think in a game that is 75% about appearances, not at the very least providing a **unique skin**, would be moronic, the fact that they haven't even bothered to give WvW or sPvP at least some kind of unique skin for legendary, shows how apathetic and neglected those game modes are to Anet.

>

> And I don't mean an animated one like Evony, but, at least one that is custom to that armor and, if it fits well, a particle effect, like.. for example, Citadel of Flame armor has flames, Leystone has that mist effect, Etc...

Yeah, I thought that it was about QoL and all, but it seems like it is about skins mostly. And thats where i disagree. Wvw has NO unique skin, pvp has NO unique skin, yet an OW (the relaxing and easy mode) Leggy armor should have at LEAST a unique effect? How will players of the other gamemodes that offer leggy armor receive this? Rather badly. And, as it is, pvp and wvw players leave by the dozen from all the class imbalance, the world imbalance, the neglect, the second-class treatment they receive as paying customers. It just doesnt seem right. OW is heavily favored in terms of ease, rewards. Giving it unique skins with particle effects just adds insult to injury

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > Let's say, just for arguments sake, that Anet implements a pve way to get legendary gear, besides raiding. Let's say it would take at least 35 weeks (an example, nothing more), and it would require big grinding from LS3 maps, PoF maps, events, you name it. Also, a bit more costly. No unique skin, just an already existing skin. Would you agree with it? It certainly does not devalue the effort raiders put into their armor, as it is unique and easily recognisable (it is fashion wars, after all).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I personally expect a new PvE path to legendary armour to be a big part of the next expansion (or perhaps the one after that). I don't see them adding it to an existing expansion. It'll have a unique skin but nothing as complex as the raid PvE skins, (ie probably not animated like the raid skin).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But yeah, I think that like you say it'll be a long time gated process that'll probably require you to collect parts from the LS season 5 episodes.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > It would be unfair if the devs developed a legendary armor in open world content without the animated feature.

> > > >

> > > > I don't think it'd be unfair at all, perhaps they could have some other nice effects on entering combat rather than animating the armour. I think they spent a lot of time on the heavy raid armour but the light and medium kinda got shafted because it was so time consuming. I'd rather simpler armour to none anyway.

> > > >

> > > > I'd settle for a nice short jacket on medium. Maybe a helm that went from a collar or headband to a full helm on entering combat.

> > >

> > > The issue is that Leg armor from PvP and WvW does not have any unique animations (WvW Sublime Mistforged Chestpiece has a back animation _but this is available at ascended tier_). Payers who obtained /are obtaining those versions would be up in arms if a PvE "go hit some crabs on the beach and then collect some shiny pebbles" alternative had more to offer.

> > > As mentioned many times, one of the main conditions which were negotiated to allow Leg armor to be acquirable outside of raids, was the fact that it would **not** have the same "prestigious" levels of animation.

> > > If for some bizarre reason PvEers outside of raids were able to acquire Leg armor _with_ additional animations, PvP and WvW sets would almost certainly require the same treatment. On the whole, that's a huge amount of work - 3 weights, 3 sources(pvp/wvw/pve), 5 races, 2 genders equates to 90 sets to animate

> >

> > This is EXACTLY what my post is about. Do people really want open world leggy armor, without any concern if it is the same skin as an existing regular skin, or do people want unique leggy skins with less effort than raiding?

>

> Less Effort is deceptive. I think the main problem is there are a lot of people that don't want to have to collaborate with 9 other people, or take orders from someone they would rather throat punch then help out, to get some stupid trinket.

>

> Effort and time are not issue, a long or even complex journey is welcomed by many, even if it would take 52 weeks, of effort, say, a time gated Jump Puzzles, that can only be done once a week, and you need to do them 52 times in order to get the mats needed, would still be a better option to some then dealing with a doing a Raid.

>

> Personally, I think it's a bad move on Anet's part to not have a Core and PoF means to acquire Legendary Armor, I also think it's a bad move that they don't have a HoT and PoF means to get a legendary back item.

So have a character parked at end of a jump puzzle for 52 week is effort now?

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > Let's say, just for arguments sake, that Anet implements a pve way to get legendary gear, besides raiding. Let's say it would take at least 35 weeks (an example, nothing more), and it would require big grinding from LS3 maps, PoF maps, events, you name it. Also, a bit more costly. No unique skin, just an already existing skin. Would you agree with it? It certainly does not devalue the effort raiders put into their armor, as it is unique and easily recognisable (it is fashion wars, after all).

> > >

> > > I personally expect a new PvE path to legendary armour to be a big part of the next expansion (or perhaps the one after that). I don't see them adding it to an existing expansion. It'll have a unique skin but nothing as complex as the raid PvE skins, (ie probably not animated like the raid skin).

> > >

> > > But yeah, I think that like you say it'll be a long time gated process that'll probably require you to collect parts from the LS season 5 episodes.

> > >

> >

> > It would be unfair if the devs developed a legendary armor in open world content without the animated feature.

>

> Unfair? Why? Wvw leggy and pvp leggy armor have no unique animated skin.

I just think that, in the context of PvE, if the devs decide to put on equal foot a player getting a leg armor through open world and another through raid content, both type should be allowed to access the concept of animated armor because both type of player are playing PvE. It would not have the same animation nor the same skin of course.

Comparing a player getting leg armor in PvE, WvW or SPvP is irrelevant because the content provided these game modes are not the same and they don’t provide the same amount of sub game modes, which make it hard for the devs to articulate the process of getting the armor in the first place imo.

If we were in a perfect world with infinite resources, I think it would be good to have WvW and PvP armor have their own legendary armor with unique skins and animated parts. Because ulmtimately I think that it is not so good to not have this possibility but since these game modes already have a struggling player base and they don’t have a variety of structured sub modes within themselves...

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > Ok, let me rephrase. Anet knows that the majority of their players are PvE. They also knew that a majority of the pve players will not raid - in fact, that was the voiced intention behind the mode. So when they decided to place legendary armor in raids (and then pvp and wvw) they also knew they are placing them in the parts of content most of their players do not participate in.

> > > > > That design does exclude that majority of players. Not by placing some hard barriers, impossible to pass, but by intentionally ignoring the preferences of said majority.

> > > > > If game devs intentionally ignoring majority of their players is not a problem, then i don't know what is.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Same could be said for each and every legendary in the game. Let's face it, they all practically exclude casual players, because they take way too much effort for a casual player.

> > >

> > > There are lots of casual players in WvW, so that's not true. If you play WvW casually, you will be able to craft legendary armor at some point.

> >

> > No, you wouldn't. I'm playing WvW more than "casually" since before the introduction of the new reward system and I'm still far from getting a single set. The sheer time investment there means you're not a casual if you do it. Same as for getting a legendary weapon. Like I said, yes, it is possible in theory. But it is extremely rare in practice.

>

> Well, I started about 4 weeks ago and yesterday got the legendary chest piece. If I can do this within 4 weeks by simply and casually capping camps with my double pistol thief, I really don't know what you are doing in WvW to not get enough claim tickets. My rank is 114 btw.

Again, a piece in 4 weeks is anything but casual. You're seeing it as one, but in exactly the same manner I could say "you can just casually clear the raid wings every Monday and get the Envoy in no time". And at some point it does *seem* casual. But not to a casual player.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > Ok, let me rephrase. Anet knows that the majority of their players are PvE. They also knew that a majority of the pve players will not raid - in fact, that was the voiced intention behind the mode. So when they decided to place legendary armor in raids (and then pvp and wvw) they also knew they are placing them in the parts of content most of their players do not participate in.

> > > > > > That design does exclude that majority of players. Not by placing some hard barriers, impossible to pass, but by intentionally ignoring the preferences of said majority.

> > > > > > If game devs intentionally ignoring majority of their players is not a problem, then i don't know what is.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Same could be said for each and every legendary in the game. Let's face it, they all practically exclude casual players, because they take way too much effort for a casual player.

> > > >

> > > > There are lots of casual players in WvW, so that's not true. If you play WvW casually, you will be able to craft legendary armor at some point.

> > >

> > > No, you wouldn't. I'm playing WvW more than "casually" since before the introduction of the new reward system and I'm still far from getting a single set. The sheer time investment there means you're not a casual if you do it. Same as for getting a legendary weapon. Like I said, yes, it is possible in theory. But it is extremely rare in practice.

> >

> > Well, I started about 4 weeks ago and yesterday got the legendary chest piece. If I can do this within 4 weeks by simply and casually capping camps with my double pistol thief, I really don't know what you are doing in WvW to not get enough claim tickets. My rank is 114 btw.

>

> Again, a piece in 4 weeks is anything but casual. You're seeing it as one, but in exactly the same manner I could say "you can just casually clear the raid wings every Monday and get the Envoy in no time". And at some point it does *seem* casual. But not to a casual player.

Clearing all the wings on monday is anything but casual but clearing all of them during the whole week could be.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > Ok, let me rephrase. Anet knows that the majority of their players are PvE. They also knew that a majority of the pve players will not raid - in fact, that was the voiced intention behind the mode. So when they decided to place legendary armor in raids (and then pvp and wvw) they also knew they are placing them in the parts of content most of their players do not participate in.

> > > > > > That design does exclude that majority of players. Not by placing some hard barriers, impossible to pass, but by intentionally ignoring the preferences of said majority.

> > > > > > If game devs intentionally ignoring majority of their players is not a problem, then i don't know what is.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Same could be said for each and every legendary in the game. Let's face it, they all practically exclude casual players, because they take way too much effort for a casual player.

> > > >

> > > > There are lots of casual players in WvW, so that's not true. If you play WvW casually, you will be able to craft legendary armor at some point.

> > >

> > > No, you wouldn't. I'm playing WvW more than "casually" since before the introduction of the new reward system and I'm still far from getting a single set. The sheer time investment there means you're not a casual if you do it. Same as for getting a legendary weapon. Like I said, yes, it is possible in theory. But it is extremely rare in practice.

> >

> > Well, I started about 4 weeks ago and yesterday got the legendary chest piece. If I can do this within 4 weeks by simply and casually capping camps with my double pistol thief, I really don't know what you are doing in WvW to not get enough claim tickets. My rank is 114 btw.

>

> Again, a piece in 4 weeks is anything but casual. You're seeing it as one, but in exactly the same manner I could say "you can just casually clear the raid wings every Monday and get the Envoy in no time". And at some point it does *seem* casual. But not to a casual player.

Are you kidding me? There's a bunch of people doing what I did in WvW, we are called "fucking PvE pip farmers". Do you really believe you can just as easily raid as you can farm pips???

You need zero skills to get legendary armor in WvW. You are delusional when you seriously compare that to raiding, and you slap raiders right into the face by making that claim.