What happened to palawadan?

> @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > > > @"fixit.7189" said:

> > > > And now Istan becomes a ghost town: SW rewards are considerably more which is sad. God I am SICK of SW, please add a PoF meta map to farm THANKS.

> > >

> > > This mentality is why the game has dropped in quality over the years.

> >

> > I'm not sure I understand. Map metas like HoT had are a lot more fun than the RIBA/chest farm in SW for many of us. Is there something wrong with wanting map metas that have competitive rewards with similar content? HoT-style map metas also have the advantage of being un-farmable due to being on a set timer. You can participate in the TD meta and then bounce over to AB and do that meta. But you can't just sit there all day and repeatedly do the same one over and over. I prefer that to the SW meta and the lack-of-a-meta in PoF!

>

> Because people don't want content that requires thought or effort.

>

> They want mindless drone farm content where they can zerg down a target and get maximum rewards with virtually no personal effort or responsibility.

>

> There was nothing wrong with PoF maps and they were well designed (Vabbi feels unfinished, but still). The reason people felt bemused with them was because there wasn't any loot fire hose events they could do while watching Netlfix on their second monitor.

>

> Focusing on pleasing these people leads to the game's degradation. These people don't want engaging content and., in my experience, are the one's most happy with shoveling tripple digit dollar amounts into the gem store each month.

>

> They don't play the game for any kind of challenge or interaction, they do it because they need something to kill time with and something to spend money on.

>

> It's not hard to see why the population seems to keep dipping and why Anet is increasingly relying on mobile/kmmo style monetization to keep profits up.

The population is dipping because there’s nothing to do and existing content has been exhausted.

The issue with PoF maps was that there was no reason to really go to them once you did your achievements. There was nothing to keep players playing for the long term. Rewarding meta events are what keeps people playing the game.

Palawadan was a step in the right direction as it game players a reason to continue to come to the map after they completed their achievements. Unfortunately they nerfed a lot of what made it rewarding too much that people don’t farm it in the numbers as before. This is likely what the OP saw along with the new current events keeping players, that would still play that map, away.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farms are needed for an mmo. Developers can never make new content as quick that we can constantly play new content. So you need repeatable content to keep yourself busy between releases. Releasing new ways to farm is good.

However. Like the real world money makes blinds and some people are dillusional thinking that wealth in a game has any status or meaning. I know the feeling and rush it gives, but the gold and the things you can buy with it are just pixels.

I think things like multiloot are by default something that should not exist in the game. A farm should never be about profit, but about keeping you happy with the game you play. The gold rush some people seem to have are foolish as it is all pyrite. Enjoy playing the game.

> @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > > > @"fixit.7189" said:

> > > > And now Istan becomes a ghost town: SW rewards are considerably more which is sad. God I am SICK of SW, please add a PoF meta map to farm THANKS.

> > >

> > > This mentality is why the game has dropped in quality over the years.

> >

> > I'm not sure I understand. Map metas like HoT had are a lot more fun than the RIBA/chest farm in SW for many of us. Is there something wrong with wanting map metas that have competitive rewards with similar content? HoT-style map metas also have the advantage of being un-farmable due to being on a set timer. You can participate in the TD meta and then bounce over to AB and do that meta. But you can't just sit there all day and repeatedly do the same one over and over. I prefer that to the SW meta and the lack-of-a-meta in PoF!

>

> Because people don't want content that requires thought or effort.

>

> They want mindless drone farm content where they can zerg down a target and get maximum rewards with virtually no personal effort or responsibility.

>

> There was nothing wrong with PoF maps and they were well designed (Vabbi feels unfinished, but still). The reason people felt bemused with them was because there wasn't any loot fire hose events they could do while watching Netlfix on their second monitor.

>

> Focusing on pleasing these people leads to the game's degradation. These people don't want engaging content and., in my experience, are the one's most happy with shoveling tripple digit dollar amounts into the gem store each month.

>

> They don't play the game for any kind of challenge or interaction, they do it because they need something to kill time with and something to spend money on.

>

> It's not hard to see why the population seems to keep dipping and why Anet is increasingly relying on mobile/kmmo style monetization to keep profits up.

They don't? Are you sure? I mean, you'd think if that were true the HoT metas would be dead. But nope, I've had no trouble completing them and, in fact, even supposedly unpopular maps like TD have had multiple meta map instances open when I've been there recently. On the other hand, I've seen pretty regular complaints on the forums regarding PoF's lack of meta events to match HoT.

Anecdotal, I know, but it's been pretty consistent that way since PoF released. Further, I've been listening to HoT/Meta haters predict the demise of HoT meta events literally since the day I signed on (I joined GW2 after HoT release) and it's never shown the slightest hint of coming true! I think that's a pretty good indication that they did something right with the event structure in HoT if it can attract so many players despite all of the things people didn't like about HoT.

You do realize that no change has been made to the Palawadan event as of yet, you can still loot up to about 60 chests, but as others have said there's the new (currently bugged) current events going on around the main cities and people have returned to work/school so play time is down as well. The problem with the difference between HoT and PoF metas is that players don't understand the metas in PoF; Elon Riverlands does have a map wide meta, but it only happens when you successfully open Augury Rock, if people understood the event chain for this meta it can literally be done once an hour. The Desolation actually has 2 metas, but neither one is map wide, so people forget about them, but both the Maw of Torment and Junundu Rising are meta events, and they both give rewards that some people claim you can't get(like Ascended Harrier/Griever stat items/recipes) and they don't require an entire maps worth of coordination, one single squad can complete both of them. As for the Vabbi event, Serpent's Ire, there's been enough threads on that one and I have no opinion, having not tried to complete or attempt it at all.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> You do realize that no change has been made to the Palawadan event as of yet, you can still loot up to about 60 chests, but as others have said there's the new (currently bugged) current events going on around the main cities and people have returned to work/school so play time is down as well. The problem with the difference between HoT and PoF metas is that players don't understand the metas in PoF; Elon Riverlands does have a map wide meta, but it only happens when you successfully open Augury Rock, if people understood the event chain for this meta it can literally be done once an hour. The Desolation actually has 2 metas, but neither one is map wide, so people forget about them, but both the Maw of Torment and Junundu Rising are meta events, and they both give rewards that some people claim you can't get(like Ascended Harrier/Griever stat items/recipes) and they don't require an entire maps worth of coordination, one single squad can complete both of them. As for the Vabbi event, Serpent's Ire, there's been enough threads on that one and I have no opinion, having not tried to complete or attempt it at all.

Bingo!

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> You do realize that no change has been made to the Palawadan event as of yet, you can still loot up to about 60 chests, but as others have said there's the new (currently bugged) current events going on around the main cities and people have returned to work/school so play time is down as well. The problem with the difference between HoT and PoF metas is that players don't understand the metas in PoF; Elon Riverlands does have a map wide meta, but it only happens when you successfully open Augury Rock, if people understood the event chain for this meta it can literally be done once an hour. The Desolation actually has 2 metas, but neither one is map wide, so people forget about them, but both the Maw of Torment and Junundu Rising are meta events, and they both give rewards that some people claim you can't get(like Ascended Harrier/Griever stat items/recipes) and they don't require an entire maps worth of coordination, one single squad can complete both of them. As for the Vabbi event, Serpent's Ire, there's been enough threads on that one and I have no opinion, having not tried to complete or attempt it at all.

Thanks, I was wondering why people thought it was nerfed...I went on a run this morning, and there were not enough people to complete it successfully (probably due to the time of day and current events distraction) but the rewards that dropped seemed consistent with previous runs, and the chests were reappearing all over the starting area when we ran out of time in the harbor.

Previously u were able to loot whole chests, then loot them again after they respawn untill u reached "limit" (wchich was almost double the chest from 1st time pick- minus 6 from ships and 1-2 others)- they could leave that as it is . So thats pretty big hit. 2x less chests , seems huge difference (beside multiloot). If u add llot on mutliple toons, wchich was usually on 2 toons, ths equal about 1/4 of previous chests. And if u add frequent bug which makes this meta dont start... This gets annoying

> @"Sindariel.2354" said:

> > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > This farm mentallity needs too die out

>

> The farm mentality is created by Anet themselves.

> If rewards would be equally distributed across the game and not packed into a few activities, then people wouldn't need to farm them like crazy. Not to mention, the increasing amount of gold sinks.

No it's on the individual, players chose to farm.. no one forces them to.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Sindariel.2354" said:

> > > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > > This farm mentallity needs too die out

> >

> > The farm mentality is created by Anet themselves.

> > If rewards would be equally distributed across the game and not packed into a few activities, then people wouldn't need to farm them like crazy. Not to mention, the increasing amount of gold sinks.

>

> No it's on the individual, players chose to farm.. no one forces them to.

on the contrary, the reward design in the game is made to force players to choose between farming the game for gold or farming real life for money, the only choice you can make after buying account is to stop playing

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Sindariel.2354" said:

> > > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > > This farm mentallity needs too die out

> >

> > The farm mentality is created by Anet themselves.

> > If rewards would be equally distributed across the game and not packed into a few activities, then people wouldn't need to farm them like crazy. Not to mention, the increasing amount of gold sinks.

>

> No it's on the individual, players chose to farm.. no one forces them to.

Show me where all my ancient wood and orichalcum went that I used to get a lot of in Malchor's Leap and Cursed Shore?

90+% of them became Mithril and Elder Wood.

Arenanet deliberately removed them/changed them.

Arenanet moves/changed/destroy certain things off certain maps to make people to go other maps.

Someone told me they were trying to farm Elder Wood in Crystal Oasis and gave up farming there because all they were finding is Ancient Wood.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Sindariel.2354" said:

> > > > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > > > This farm mentallity needs too die out

> > >

> > > The farm mentality is created by Anet themselves.

> > > If rewards would be equally distributed across the game and not packed into a few activities, then people wouldn't need to farm them like crazy. Not to mention, the increasing amount of gold sinks.

> >

> > No it's on the individual, players chose to farm.. no one forces them to.

>

> on the contrary, the reward design in the game is made to force players to choose between farming the game for gold or farming real life for money, the only choice you can make after buying account is to stop playing

Answer me this.. what do you need the gold for?

Take a moment and process that.. You (as in people individually) make this game as grindy as they want based on what they **want** to grind for, but there is very little you need in this game to enjoy it, and all of it is pretty cheap and if you do grind/farm, it's simply to speed up the process, nothing is stopping you from casually enjoying the game at as slow a pace as you want.. beyond your own impatience.

So I stand by what I said.. Players Individually chose to farm, Anet does not force them to.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > >

> > > If rewards would be equally distributed across the game and not packed into a few activities, then people wouldn't need to farm them like crazy. Not to mention, the increasing amount of gold sinks.

> >

>

> Show me where all my ancient wood and orichalcum went that I used to get a lot of in Malchor's Leap and Cursed Shore?

> 90+% of them became Mithril and Elder Wood.

> Arenanet deliberately removed them/changed them.

> Arenanet moves/changed/destroy certain things off certain maps to make people to go other maps.

> Someone told me they were trying to farm Elder Wood in Crystal Oasis and gave up farming there because all they were finding is Ancient Wood.

I have not noticed a change, but then again my WvW sever has always been in 2nd or 3rd place, which used to affects the quality of the PvE ore/lumber nodes for that server, it was designed that way to be an incentive to get PvE players to join the Mist Wars.

I was not sure if that went away due to Mega Serer or not (I know the crafting boosts and other PvE related boons went away, or ceased to be mentioned at least).. but it seems the nodes might still be affected.. might want to get out on the Battle Grounds and fight for your ancient logs, and see if that helps.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > >

> >

>

> Show me where all my ancient wood and orichalcum went that I used to get a lot of in Malchor's Leap and Cursed Shore?

> 90+% of them became Mithril and Elder Wood.

> Arenanet deliberately removed them/changed them.

> Arenanet moves/changed/destroy certain things off certain maps to make people to go other maps.

> Someone told me they were trying to farm Elder Wood in Crystal Oasis and gave up farming there because all they were finding is Ancient Wood.

A lot? There were at most 4 of each of those in either map. 2 for Frostgorge but I don't recall the exact number for the lv80 maps but I know they weren't higher than 4.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > @"Sindariel.2354" said:

> > > > > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > > > > This farm mentallity needs too die out

> > > >

> > > > The farm mentality is created by Anet themselves.

> > > > If rewards would be equally distributed across the game and not packed into a few activities, then people wouldn't need to farm them like crazy. Not to mention, the increasing amount of gold sinks.

> > >

> > > No it's on the individual, players chose to farm.. no one forces them to.

> >

> > Show me where all my ancient wood and orichalcum went that I used to get a lot of in Malchor's Leap and Cursed Shore?

> > 90+% of them became Mithril and Elder Wood.

> > Arenanet deliberately removed them/changed them.

> > Arenanet moves/changed/destroy certain things off certain maps to make people to go other maps.

> > Someone told me they were trying to farm Elder Wood in Crystal Oasis and gave up farming there because all they were finding is Ancient Wood.

>

> I have not noticed a change, but then again my WvW sever has always been in 2nd or 3rd place, which used to affects the quality of the PvE ore/lumber nodes for that server, it was designed that way to be an incentive to get PvE players to join the Mist Wars.

>

> I was not sure if that went away due to Mega Serer or not (I know the crafting boosts and other PvE related boons went away, or ceased to be mentioned at least).. but it seems the nodes might still be affected.. might want to get out on the Battle Grounds and fight for your ancient logs, and see if that helps.

WvW stopped being relevant for gathering when the WvW skirmish change was released ...

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > @"Sindariel.2354" said:

> > > > > > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > > > > > This farm mentallity needs too die out

> > > > >

> > > > > The farm mentality is created by Anet themselves.

> > > > > If rewards would be equally distributed across the game and not packed into a few activities, then people wouldn't need to farm them like crazy. Not to mention, the increasing amount of gold sinks.

> > > >

> > > > No it's on the individual, players chose to farm.. no one forces them to.

> > >

> > > Show me where all my ancient wood and orichalcum went that I used to get a lot of in Malchor's Leap and Cursed Shore?

> > > 90+% of them became Mithril and Elder Wood.

> > > Arenanet deliberately removed them/changed them.

> > > Arenanet moves/changed/destroy certain things off certain maps to make people to go other maps.

> > > Someone told me they were trying to farm Elder Wood in Crystal Oasis and gave up farming there because all they were finding is Ancient Wood.

> >

> > I have not noticed a change, but then again my WvW sever has always been in 2nd or 3rd place, which used to affects the quality of the PvE ore/lumber nodes for that server, it was designed that way to be an incentive to get PvE players to join the Mist Wars.

> >

> > I was not sure if that went away due to Mega Serer or not (I know the crafting boosts and other PvE related boons went away, or ceased to be mentioned at least).. but it seems the nodes might still be affected.. might want to get out on the Battle Grounds and fight for your ancient logs, and see if that helps.

>

> WvW stopped being relevant for gathering when the WvW skirmish change was released ...

Good to know. Wasn't sure. didn't hurt me none to tell someone to WvW and see if it helped.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > @"Sindariel.2354" said:

> > > > > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > > > > This farm mentallity needs too die out

> > > >

> > > > The farm mentality is created by Anet themselves.

> > > > If rewards would be equally distributed across the game and not packed into a few activities, then people wouldn't need to farm them like crazy. Not to mention, the increasing amount of gold sinks.

> > >

> > > No it's on the individual, players chose to farm.. no one forces them to.

> >

> > on the contrary, the reward design in the game is made to force players to choose between farming the game for gold or farming real life for money, the only choice you can make after buying account is to stop playing

>

> Answer me this.. what do you need the gold for?

>

> Take a moment and process that.. You (as in people individually) make this game as grindy as they want based on what they **want** to grind for, but there is very little you need in this game to enjoy it, and all of it is pretty cheap and if you do grind/farm, it's simply to speed up the process, nothing is stopping you from casually enjoying the game at as slow a pace as you want.. beyond your own impatience.

>

> So I stand by what I said.. Players Individually chose to farm, Anet does not force them to.

The game is set the way that after fresh player progression, you actually have nothing to go for unless you are intro social interactions and farm. This game is a farm fest.

Am I in the minority when I say; Anet should revitalize old content? Fix bugs, update maps to current years, give us some of those mini games as adventures, Make use of old instances we no longer use.

I feel like "filler" maps are bland. The story has been garbage for too long, that it should be set aside for a while until a coherent one comes around.

Trying to constantly push out "content" doesn't necessarily mean new players and content is a strong word from Anet, I'm sure most get bored real quick. Too much of a good thing, is sometimes a bad thing.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> The issue with PoF maps was that there was no reason to really go to them once you did your achievements. There was nothing to keep players playing for the long term. Rewarding meta events are what keeps people playing the game.

I would probably spend the bulk of my GW2 time in PoF because I really enjoy the terrain and the use of all of the different mounts to get around. After getting all of the achievements I wanted in PoF, I don't really go there anymore, mainly because I find the aggro ranges to be ridiculous. I get it that there are many who enjoy it. It's just not for me.

I agree that PoF metas would be helpful in regaining attention to those maps.

/me shrugs

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > You do realize that no change has been made to the Palawadan event as of yet, you can still loot up to about 60 chests, but as others have said there's the new (currently bugged) current events going on around the main cities and people have returned to work/school so play time is down as well. The problem with the difference between HoT and PoF metas is that players don't understand the metas in PoF; Elon Riverlands does have a map wide meta, but it only happens when you successfully open Augury Rock, if people understood the event chain for this meta it can literally be done once an hour. The Desolation actually has 2 metas, but neither one is map wide, so people forget about them, but both the Maw of Torment and Junundu Rising are meta events, and they both give rewards that some people claim you can't get(like Ascended Harrier/Griever stat items/recipes) and they don't require an entire maps worth of coordination, one single squad can complete both of them. As for the Vabbi event, Serpent's Ire, there's been enough threads on that one and I have no opinion, having not tried to complete or attempt it at all.

>

> Thanks, I was wondering why people thought it was nerfed...I went on a run this morning, and there were not enough people to complete it successfully (probably due to the time of day and current events distraction) but the rewards that dropped seemed consistent with previous runs, and the chests were reappearing all over the starting area when we ran out of time in the harbor.

It has been nerfed ... at least for some people some of the time. The implementation of the change is buggy and inconsistent. I am both unable to loot chests for things I participated in (sometimes) AND also able to loot chest without participating in the associated capture event (sometimes). So far the bugginess only seems to apply to the chests before the docks for me.

I dont understand why people wanted the nerf so bad and are happy about it . It is probably the people who make gold out of selling ectoplasm (LUL) or other materials. Guess what? there are way easier ways to make gold other than running world bosses and collecting rares to salvage and sell ectos. Palawadan and Great Hall gave a lot of the much needed unidentified gear items that were hard to get in bulks in regular PoF maps and was th reason specialisation weapon collection was sp hard to complete. The exotic collection weapons only drop from unidentified gear and there were as expensive as 70+ gold, the huge amount of unidentified gear that came with the metas dropped the prices and made them actually easy to buy, now the prices are up again since unidetified gear income has been decreasedd drastically, even the rifle is up to 40 gold i cant imagine the price of the sword and dagger that are used for 2 collections. It is really petty to be happy for the nerf since it brought a lot of people in the new map which is obviously the goal. Now it is just one of those maps that you have no reason to go back to and is a waste of development time after the initial month of exploration.

> @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> What happened is the map is now working as intended.

> Stop pretending "multi-loot" is a way of playing the game. It's not. It's wrong, you know it and it has been patched.

> What really bothers me is why it takes so long.

Just like running the same Fractal over and over again for loot/Gold is not the way of playing the game. Yet people do it. And it takes them forever to patch that too. Why can't open world players have fun like Fractal spammers? Last week there was a thread on Reddit about a broken Fractal, the title was something like "abuse it while you can". Edit: [found it](

"found it"). Sure, fix the bugs and exploitable stuff. But fix them equally and everywhere!

(Btw I never multilooted Palawadan, it was still worth it. After the patch, it wasn't only ML ruined but some chests didn't spawn properly. I don't know if that was fixed or not because I haven't played since then).

> If you always go for "best loot" instead of "most fun", it is natural that you're not enjoying yourself. If the newest content always had the best loot, content patches would in fact leave a trail of dead and empty maps behind. Sure SW is the best loot/time ration but other maps are good as well and change things up. Again. you're responsible for how much you enjoy the game. If you don't enjoy the game, quit or have a break.

I was in Istan a few nights ago when we had someone exhorting the group to fail the event so he could farm more champs.

You know what they say... those who cannot learn from history are doomed to **** it up for everyone.