Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> So, ummm....

>

> # [Alliances when?](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/26547/world-restructuring#latest)

The last WvW stream was 20 days ago now and Ray actually responded to a question about it there again (

35 mins in).

This time around he even gave a bit more information to deduce from. The sad part about it is that it really sounded like they have not progressed at all from what was said in update two, 2 years ago. It really sounded like they have not done any significant work on it at all or that they have rolled back to that point of hooking alpha modules together. That would also make many of the detractors right and many of the middlegrounders like myself wrong. It would also make the optimists dead wrong.

I've not been expecting anything beyond a snail's pace but I've been stupid enough to lead myself to believe that some work had been done and that work would not have been rolled back with regard to what was said during the Mike Z era. All of that stuff could now simply be laid aside as bold-faced lies or that they have once again decided on a roll back, which I don't think this mode or the issues that this project is related to can take anymore. I guess that would be a further step towards detraction for me, but I sincerely belive that we are moving sharply towards an event horizon of player communities in the WvW mode. That doesn't have to be a de facto death of the mode but it will be a general collapse of player communities where what you may see at the lower tiers may spread up through all tiers in terms of organisation, guilds, tag presence and tag quality or content type. So what we consider dead servers today may be the new norm and what else remains be rarities with even more lopsided content.

I mean, that has largely been my critique, and from where I have argued here lately, that the project is not comming along at a needed pace to deliver and move on to related projects. That it is slow or that the team needs resources. That will not be my take on things going forward.

> @"Baldrick.8967" said:

> I wonder what celebration we can plan for the third anniversary of this thread?

Depends, do you want it to try and have impact?

Have all forum goers play on nothing but EoTM for the week and see how many instances we can spawn. Avoid the regular maps. If EoTM is suppose (which it does) to even the fields by starting new instances once one is full for a side it would be a better sampling of if balanced numbers would improve gameplay. Granted EoTM has its own issues for balance and teaming all green together for example but....

That or everyone floods OS to fight there.

Edit: Note I still run under the conspiracy the Alliance system was meant to be in an expansion that was cancelled after a MGT change. After that the idea was shelved since the expansion was. After the MGT changed again the idea of Alliances for an expansion was brought back out so it can be a feature for WvW in the new Expansion. So...not expecting it till the expansion lands. If wrong, cool, if not, that's expectation. And I say all this as one from the server pride is better side, but...

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"vier.1327" said:

> > > @"Baldrick.8967" said:

> > > I wonder what celebration we can plan for the third anniversary of this thread?

> >

> > We can open a post with "Alliances When" as title, one for each of us.

>

> When they merge them all, it’ll tell us they heard...

>

>

> to no avail of course

Then we will know they have read it.

> @"vier.1327" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"vier.1327" said:

> > > > @"Baldrick.8967" said:

> > > > I wonder what celebration we can plan for the third anniversary of this thread?

> > >

> > > We can open a post with "Alliances When" as title, one for each of us.

> >

> > When they merge them all, it’ll tell us they heard...

> >

> >

> > to no avail of course

>

> Then we will know they have read it.

Unfortunately, seen =/= read.

Is this thread relevant in 2020-21? Like? U would think the caretakers of the forums would remove irrelevant info/lies told by the devs like alliances. that was a flat out lie told to us by the devs about its suppose development being developed. I dont think alliances were ever a thing we were just told a lie to shut us up. My god honest opinion.

> @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> Is this thread relevant in 2020-21? Like? U would think the caretakers of the forums would remove irrelevant info/lies told by the devs like alliances. that was a flat out lie told to us by the devs about its suppose development being developed. I dont think alliances were ever a thing we were just told a lie to shut us up. My god honest opinion.

Can you imagine the uproar if they removed this thread with no explanation or update? I'd buy a ticket to that show!

> @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > Is this thread relevant in 2020-21? Like? U would think the caretakers of the forums would remove irrelevant info/lies told by the devs like alliances. that was a flat out lie told to us by the devs about its suppose development being developed. I dont think alliances were ever a thing we were just told a lie to shut us up. My god honest opinion.

>

> Can you imagine the uproar if they removed this thread with no explanation or update? I'd buy a ticket to that show!

Well, even that would be a confirmation of sorts, so it would probably please some people.

> @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> > > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > > Is this thread relevant in 2020-21? Like? U would think the caretakers of the forums would remove irrelevant info/lies told by the devs like alliances. that was a flat out lie told to us by the devs about its suppose development being developed. I dont think alliances were ever a thing we were just told a lie to shut us up. My god honest opinion.

> >

> > Can you imagine the uproar if they removed this thread with no explanation or update? I'd buy a ticket to that show!

>

> Well, even that would be a confirmation of sorts, so it would probably please some people.

> @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > Is this thread relevant in 2020-21? Like? U would think the caretakers of the forums would remove irrelevant info/lies told by the devs like alliances. that was a flat out lie told to us by the devs about its suppose development being developed. I dont think alliances were ever a thing we were just told a lie to shut us up. My god honest opinion.

>

> Can you imagine the uproar if they removed this thread with no explanation or update? I'd buy a ticket to that show!

It’s called ‘resolution’. Resolve this, one way or another.

- Say it’s on permanent hold,

- Say you aren’t doing it,

- Say the resources were more than you anticipated

- Say Anything........: