Gift of Battle

OH yeah!!!! I forgot to mention, that no one has to do any WvW or Map exploration to get a Legendary. The Gen 1 weapons are easily traded via TP for gold. And they're are so cheap right now its almost insulting the amount of time spent making my own could had yielded enough gold to buy 3 off the TP.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"levelmakerguru.7210" said:

> OK lets get this right, Gift of battle I can deal with earning for it, but I don't do WvW, and to force me to do it is lame, I do PVP, why cannot I use shards of glory, or badges of honor, or able to scribe them or unlock a track, by only doing WvW track to get this gift you have killed the player into crafting anymore Legendary Weapons, "Good Going", smart move, you need to have more options for this, World exploration wasn't enough, the countless hours, days, weeks of mapping and fighting your way through wasn't enough. WvW is reallyh a mindless mechanic in which many people steamroll thru the map killing things. anyway Anet you need to change this, like in the next patch, because of this oversight all this gold I used to get the Gift of ............................. I'm poor now...... with no progression.

>

> thanks

Fun fact, there is a way to get it without ever Leaving Spawn in WvW, and never having to do anything related to WvW.

Why do players have to do PvE to get Map Completion? Why do players have to do PvE to get Gift Of Maguuma? Oh right the requirements for Legendary Weapons require multiple gamemodes to complete, because that is Anet’s intent.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > You can get GoB without ever stepping foot outside of spawn in WvW

Care to elaborate on that one? Sounds right up my alley.

> @"Trae.2384" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > You can get GoB without ever stepping foot outside of spawn in WvW

>

> Care to elaborate on that one? Sounds right up my alley.

>

What they mean is, look at the dailies. When Big Spender is up, go into World vs. World, or even Edge of the Mists, set your reward track for Gift of Battle, look for the Siegemaster near the spawn point, talk to them, click on the second purchase tab, and buy, say two trebucet blueprints for Hero Badges (or whatever they're called and ytou need to spend over a certain amount). As a reward for completing this daily, you get a potion that adds progress towards the reward track. It takes about 80 potions to complete this reward track and get a Gift of Battle. Not sure how long it takes by this method, maybe a year?

I hate that Anet forces up to step into something I detest, and my body can't handle, but we're stuck with it now. Thanks a glitching lot, Anet.

> @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > @"Trae.2384" said:

> > > > > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > You can get GoB without ever stepping foot outside of spawn in WvW

> >

> > Care to elaborate on that one? Sounds right up my alley.

> >

>

> What they mean is, look at the dailies. When Big Spender is up, go into World vs. World, or even Edge of the Mists, set your reward track for Gift of Battle, look for the Siegemaster near the spawn point, talk to them, click on the second purchase tab, and buy, say two trebucet blueprints for Hero Badges (or whatever they're called and ytou need to spend over a certain amount). As a reward for completing this daily, you get a potion that adds progress towards the reward track. **It takes about 80 potions to complete this reward track and get a Gift of Battle. Not sure how long it takes by this method, maybe a year?**

>

> I hate that Anet forces up to step into something I detest, and my body can't handle, but we're stuck with it now. Thanks a glitching lot, Anet.

Takes less than two months

> > @"Trae.2384" said:

> >

> >

>

> What they mean is, look at the dailies. When Big Spender is up, go into World vs. World, or even Edge of the Mists, set your reward track for Gift of Battle, look for the Siegemaster near the spawn point, talk to them, click on the second purchase tab, and buy, say two trebucet blueprints for Hero Badges (or whatever they're called and ytou need to spend over a certain amount). As a reward for completing this daily, you get a potion that adds progress towards the reward track. It takes about 80 potions to complete this reward track and get a Gift of Battle. Not sure how long it takes by this method, maybe a year?

>

> I hate that Anet forces up to step into something I detest, and my body can't handle, but we're stuck with it now. Thanks a glitching lot, Anet.

Let me do MY map completion on the WvW maps, and you can do your gift of battle on PvE maps. Even trade. Good day.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > @"Trae.2384" said:

> > > > > > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > You can get GoB without ever stepping foot outside of spawn in WvW

> > >

> > > Care to elaborate on that one? Sounds right up my alley.

> > >

> >

> > What they mean is, look at the dailies. When Big Spender is up, go into World vs. World, or even Edge of the Mists, set your reward track for Gift of Battle, look for the Siegemaster near the spawn point, talk to them, click on the second purchase tab, and buy, say two trebucet blueprints for Hero Badges (or whatever they're called and ytou need to spend over a certain amount). As a reward for completing this daily, you get a potion that adds progress towards the reward track. It takes about 80 potions to complete this reward track and get a Gift of Battle. Not sure how long it takes by this method, maybe a year?

> >

> > I hate that Anet forces up to step into something I detest, and my body can't handle, but we're stuck with it now. Thanks a glitching lot, Anet.

>

> Let me do MY map completion on the WvW maps, and you can do your gift of battle on PvE maps. Even trade. Good day.

Right over your head, as expected. Good day.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Trae.2384" said:

> > > > > > > You can get GoB without ever stepping foot outside of spawn in WvW

> > >

> > >

> >

> > What they mean is, look at the dailies. When Big Spender is up, go into World vs. World, or even Edge of the Mists, set your reward track for Gift of Battle, look for the Siegemaster near the spawn point, talk to them, click on the second purchase tab, and buy, say two trebucet blueprints for Hero Badges (or whatever they're called and ytou need to spend over a certain amount). As a reward for completing this daily, you get a potion that adds progress towards the reward track. **It takes about 80 potions to complete this reward track and get a Gift of Battle. Not sure how long it takes by this method, maybe a year?**

> >

> > I hate that Anet forces up to step into something I detest, and my body can't handle, but we're stuck with it now. Thanks a glitching lot, Anet.

>

> Takes less than two months

By doing the Big Spender daily only? Because I think that's what Trae is asking.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Trae.2384" said:

> > >

> > >

> >

> > What they mean is, look at the dailies. When Big Spender is up, go into World vs. World, or even Edge of the Mists, set your reward track for Gift of Battle, look for the Siegemaster near the spawn point, talk to them, click on the second purchase tab, and buy, say two trebucet blueprints for Hero Badges (or whatever they're called and ytou need to spend over a certain amount). As a reward for completing this daily, you get a potion that adds progress towards the reward track. **It takes about 80 potions to complete this reward track and get a Gift of Battle. Not sure how long it takes by this method, maybe a year?**

> >

>

> Takes less than two months

Some numbers: you need 80 potions for a full track, daily Big Spender is just one potion. I estimate it's available 2-3x per week at most. So 12-15 potions per month is a generous estimate, meaning you need 6-7 months if you only use Big Spender. For comparison, we also need 250 mystic coins or so, which takes 12 months to earn from login rewards.

However, you can speed this up a lot by capping shrines, sentries, and killing dolyaks when those are the dailies. You can easily get 5-10 potions per week without seeing an enemy, which would take two months instead.

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > > @"Trae.2384" said:

> > > > > > > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > > You can get GoB without ever stepping foot outside of spawn in WvW

> > > >

> > > > Care to elaborate on that one? Sounds right up my alley.

> > > >

> > >

> > > What they mean is, look at the dailies. When Big Spender is up, go into World vs. World, or even Edge of the Mists, set your reward track for Gift of Battle, look for the Siegemaster near the spawn point, talk to them, click on the second purchase tab, and buy, say two trebucet blueprints for Hero Badges (or whatever they're called and ytou need to spend over a certain amount). As a reward for completing this daily, you get a potion that adds progress towards the reward track. **It takes about 80 potions to complete this reward track and get a Gift of Battle. Not sure how long it takes by this method, maybe a year?**

> > >

> > > I hate that Anet forces up to step into something I detest, and my body can't handle, but we're stuck with it now. Thanks a glitching lot, Anet.

> >

> > Takes less than two months

>

> By doing the Big Spender daily only? Because I think that's what Trae is asking.

Well, no. Not just by doing that as it’s probably only available like 2-3 times a week.

> > @"Trae.2384" said:

> >

> >

>

> What they mean is, look at the dailies. When Big Spender is up, go into World vs. World, or even Edge of the Mists, set your reward track for Gift of Battle, look for the Siegemaster near the spawn point, talk to them, click on the second purchase tab, and buy, say two trebucet blueprints for Hero Badges (or whatever they're called and ytou need to spend over a certain amount). As a reward for completing this daily, you get a potion that adds progress towards the reward track. It takes about 80 potions to complete this reward track and get a Gift of Battle. Not sure how long it takes by this method, maybe a year?

>

Anet doesnt force you into anything.

My issue is that hardcore WvW players DON'T WANT people who are just chasing reward tracks for things like gift of battle, as they don't get in voice communication, don't follow instructions and won't come to aid a T3 tower that's being attacked when the commander needs everyone on the map or they'll lose it.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> If you don't care to purchase Siege Blueprints, you can purchase 18- or 20-slot Inventory Bags or Cultural Armor. Tier 1 Cultural Armor is pretty inexpensive.

>

> Good luck.

I always purchase cultural armour for the Big Spender daily because it's an easy way to combine two goals. I want to eventually have all the cultural skins and they're cheaper to buy in WvW than in cities (the badges are irrelevant to me because I always have loads of them) and it's better than buying something I don't want just for the daily.

> @"Devildoc.6721" said:

> My issue is that hardcore WvW players DON'T WANT people who are just chasing reward tracks for things like gift of battle, as they don't get in voice communication, don't follow instructions and won't come to aid a T3 tower that's being attacked when the commander needs everyone on the map or they'll lose it.

That's an unfair generalisation. I only go to WvW if I want one or more of the rewards from it, because I get bored with going around the same few maps capturing and re-capturing the same locations all the time (although occasionally some of the fights can be fun). But that doesn't mean I'm running around like a headless chicken with no idea what to do and not helping. Following a commander is often one of the best ways to progress the reward track, because you'll be more active than one person on their own. (With one or two exceptions, I have encountered commanders who seem to spend most of their time running in circles as far as they can get from everything waiting for 'easy' targets to open up. But then I just go to a different map.)

Get your guild WvW reward track potion from your guildhall. (if you have that). Select GoB reward track. Jump into any wvw borderland. Heck even Edge of the Mists will work (more casual players friendly). And keep your participation going. Either you follow a tag, or go on your own, does not matter. Estimated time: ~16 hours. Good luck..

> @"Devildoc.6721" said:

> My issue is that hardcore WvW players DON'T WANT people who are just chasing reward tracks for things like gift of battle, as they don't get in voice communication, don't follow instructions and won't come to aid a T3 tower that's being attacked when the commander needs everyone on the map or they'll lose it.

As an regular WvW player, I can understand that comment. Because those people like the skirmish or PPT going. And then there are people that enter the battlegrounds just to get their gift with 0 interests of the gamemode itself. And they basically hold place for players that actually want to be in there. Which is / can be problematic for high populated servers. Given a border can only hold a certain amount of players.

But likewise WvW is the only way of getting GoB, And you get "rewarded" for playing it regardless of how you do it. You just need to get your participation going. So technically there is no right or wrong here. That being said, maybe it would be nice® if those players can go to EotM, or at least get encouraged to go there one way or the other (by @Anet ??). So that they can make their progression towards the gift, while the people that do have interests in WvW, can do their thing in the borders. Or perhaps add it to pvp reward track as well? Im sure many people would appreciate that too.

> @"Dimi Gravedancer.1463" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > Getting gift of battle is hard? Do you really need to follow a comander to... get a GoB?? Since when? Just do the dailies, solo cap camps/sentries, and voila! In less than a week it is yours. No grinding, just a few mins every day WvW. No effort required. Unless it is hard to cap a daily tower with 2-3 other people...

>

> I am not actually complaining, I do enjoy the dailies, and every once in awhile I stick around longer then just to do the daily. This was just a suggestion for all the complaints that I hear while in WvW for people who don't generally do it, or like it.

>

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > You can earn it by only doing the easy dailys.

> > Master of monuments, mist guard killer, dolly killer, guard point thingy etc.

> >

> > Will it take awhile sure, but you can do it without fighting a single player.

>

> You forgot camp capture :)

>

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > Exclusivity gives modes their lifespan. So no pvp should not get another thing as reward track rewards.

>

> I seriously doubt adding a GoB reward track to PvP is going to kill WvW. As it stands WvW is extremely popular.

Cant ever recall anyone complaining about a Gift of Battle.. in any game mode especially WvW - why, cos it takes almost zero effort to get them in wvw.

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > > @"Trae.2384" said:

> > > > > > > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > > You can get GoB without ever stepping foot outside of spawn in WvW

> > > >

> > > > Care to elaborate on that one? Sounds right up my alley.

> > > >

> > >

> > > What they mean is, look at the dailies. When Big Spender is up, go into World vs. World, or even Edge of the Mists, set your reward track for Gift of Battle, look for the Siegemaster near the spawn point, talk to them, click on the second purchase tab, and buy, say two trebucet blueprints for Hero Badges (or whatever they're called and ytou need to spend over a certain amount). As a reward for completing this daily, you get a potion that adds progress towards the reward track. It takes about 80 potions to complete this reward track and get a Gift of Battle. Not sure how long it takes by this method, maybe a year?

> > >

> > > I hate that Anet forces up to step into something I detest, and my body can't handle, but we're stuck with it now. Thanks a glitching lot, Anet.

> >

> > Let me do MY map completion on the WvW maps, and you can do your gift of battle on PvE maps. Even trade. Good day.

>

> Right over your head, as expected. Good day.

Actually it wasn't. Many of us detest having to do map completion.

What is frustrating, is when people complain that they have to play WvW for what amounts to 5.5-8 hours total time if using boosters, to get a legendary weapon, which is not a necessary weapon.

Complain that the Gen 2 and up aren't purchasable.

But ti complain about GoB, just gets old.

The best ones? The ones that come into a map and complain all throughout their time on the maps in Team Chat. Fun stuff.

So, while you were explaining to another poster about how to get it without actually playing the mode, and not directly complaining about this mode in particular, (as evidenced by your statement about Anet forcing people to play a mode they detest which could easily have meant entering PvE to do map completion or Raids for that matter ) It becomes somewhat frustrating to hear people complain about how long it takes to get GoB when, GoE is at least 3 times as long,

> @"Devildoc.6721" said:

I'm sure less people care about stuff like this than you think. Yeah, I guess people don't want people just farming rewards on queued maps or something and tags do get frustrated about pugs not in voice but.. those things exist with or without the GoB track. Not every HARDCORE WVW PLAYER zergs or cares about what tags want + do. You can play WvW any way you want. Following a tag without being in squad is an option, running around alone to cap sentries and camps and whatever for participation is an option. What the HARDCORE WVW PLAYERS want doesn't really have to affect ANYONE that's only there for GoB.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> If you don't care to purchase Siege Blueprints, you can purchase 18- or 20-slot Inventory Bags or Cultural Armor. Tier 1 Cultural Armor is pretty inexpensive.

>

> Good luck.

I usually buy a Badge of Tribute since that is probably the closest to the 25 needed for the daily and those can be sold as well.

> @"Dimi Gravedancer.1463" said:

> I know many people out there are not fans of WvW. I know a I've quite a few people who were extremely angry when, as they put it "ANet is forcing me to do crap I absolutely hate, just so I can get a Legendary weapon" and they continue to say how it isn't worth it.

> So since we battle other players in WvW on a constant basis for our gift, do you think it would be possible to maybe add a Gift Of Battle Reward Track to PvP??

> I know a lot of people who would prefer to do PvP a lot more than WvW, because, and I am not trying to sound mean to anyone, there seems to be a lot of "Elitists" in WvW. Before anyone says it is true, I was whispered on several occasions by commanders telling "Follow me or get off the map".

>

> So that is my Idea, a GoB track in PvP?

Since the launch of the game, you can only get gift from WvW. Thanks to the rewarding natural of ap acheivements, you don't even have to do wvw to buy the gifts. The dev finally see the problem in that after so many years and put it as reward track.

Now, you want the years of core designs to change just because you emotionally feel not like doing WvW? Isn't that too self centered?

> @"meowtier.1364" said:

> > @"Devildoc.6721" said:

> > My issue is that hardcore WvW players DON'T WANT people who are just chasing reward tracks for things like gift of battle, as they don't get in voice communication, don't follow instructions and won't come to aid a T3 tower that's being attacked when the commander needs everyone on the map or they'll lose it.

>

> I'm sure less people care about stuff like this than you think. Yeah, I guess people don't want people just farming rewards on queued maps or something and tags do get frustrated about pugs not in voice but.. those things exist with or without the GoB track. Not every HARDCORE WVW PLAYER zergs or cares about what tags want + do. You can play WvW any way you want. Following a tag without being in squad is an option, running around alone to cap sentries and camps and whatever for participation is an option. What the HARDCORE WVW PLAYERS want doesn't really have to affect ANYONE that's only there for GoB.

Ermm, the diamond ranked players I have seen usually follow tag.

> @"SkyShroud.2865" said:

>

> Ermm, the diamond ranked players I have seen usually follow tag.

How do you think they got diamond ;)

I didn't say that no ~hardcore~ wvw players follow tags just that not everyone plays WvW that way. You don't have to be diamond to be hardcore.

> @"meowtier.1364" said:

> > @"Devildoc.6721" said:

> > My issue is that hardcore WvW players DON'T WANT people who are just chasing reward tracks for things like gift of battle, as they don't get in voice communication, don't follow instructions and won't come to aid a T3 tower that's being attacked when the commander needs everyone on the map or they'll lose it.

>

> I'm sure less people care about stuff like this than you think. Yeah, I guess people don't want people just farming rewards on queued maps or something and tags do get frustrated about pugs not in voice but.. those things exist with or without the GoB track. Not every HARDCORE WVW PLAYER zergs or cares about what tags want + do. You can play WvW any way you want. Following a tag without being in squad is an option, running around alone to cap sentries and camps and whatever for participation is an option. What the HARDCORE WVW PLAYERS want doesn't really have to affect ANYONE that's only there for GoB.

what I'm saying is that the people who's main interest in the game is WvW, don't want the PVE players who are just farming reward tracks there, so why does anet put the rewards in to attract PVE players that WvW players don't even want on their maps?

> @"Devildoc.6721" said:

> > @"meowtier.1364" said:

> > > @"Devildoc.6721" said:

> > > My issue is that hardcore WvW players DON'T WANT people who are just chasing reward tracks for things like gift of battle, as they don't get in voice communication, don't follow instructions and won't come to aid a T3 tower that's being attacked when the commander needs everyone on the map or they'll lose it.

> >

> > I'm sure less people care about stuff like this than you think. Yeah, I guess people don't want people just farming rewards on queued maps or something and tags do get frustrated about pugs not in voice but.. those things exist with or without the GoB track. Not every HARDCORE WVW PLAYER zergs or cares about what tags want + do. You can play WvW any way you want. Following a tag without being in squad is an option, running around alone to cap sentries and camps and whatever for participation is an option. What the HARDCORE WVW PLAYERS want doesn't really have to affect ANYONE that's only there for GoB.

>

> what I'm saying is that the people who's main interest in the game is WvW, don't want the PVE players who are just farming reward tracks there, so why does anet put the rewards in to attract PVE players that WvW players don't even want on their maps?

Because it's a reward that's always been tied to WvW and players aren't the one that created the gamemode. The players are the issue and are easily ignored.

Also I said all of that as someone who mainly plays WvW. IMHO it's a very small minority of players that is against PvE players coming into the gamemode for stuff UNLESS they're AFK farming on queued maps.

> @"Devildoc.6721" said:

> > @"meowtier.1364" said:

> > > @"Devildoc.6721" said:

> > > My issue is that hardcore WvW players DON'T WANT people who are just chasing reward tracks for things like gift of battle, as they don't get in voice communication, don't follow instructions and won't come to aid a T3 tower that's being attacked when the commander needs everyone on the map or they'll lose it.

> >

> > I'm sure less people care about stuff like this than you think. Yeah, I guess people don't want people just farming rewards on queued maps or something and tags do get frustrated about pugs not in voice but.. those things exist with or without the GoB track. Not every HARDCORE WVW PLAYER zergs or cares about what tags want + do. You can play WvW any way you want. Following a tag without being in squad is an option, running around alone to cap sentries and camps and whatever for participation is an option. What the HARDCORE WVW PLAYERS want doesn't really have to affect ANYONE that's only there for GoB.

>

> what I'm saying is that the people who's main interest in the game is WvW, don't want the PVE players who are just farming reward tracks there, so why does anet put the rewards in to attract PVE players that WvW players don't even want on their maps?

These are the same players that complain that "WvW is dying" "WvW needs an influx of players" etc etc? How do you think they're going to achieve that? :lol:

You don't get new WvW players by exclusion. You 'scare' them away, and then complain you need more players interested in the mode. It's a catch 22. People like to be rewarded for their time, this is no different.