can we make the griffon actually obtainable ?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Rezzet.3614" said:

> as if having to pay 250g wasnt bad enough

>

> how am I supposed to compete the collection when we have to kill stuff like the legendary corrupted facet

>

> sounds reasonable , till you realize crystal desert is dead and not even using the LFG brings people to join

>

> at most i ve gotten a tops of 5 players Once and then it was a fail because everyone ignored the fragments of nature

>

>

5 players should be enough, even for a legendary bounty. Personally, I'd just ask for help in my guilds. There are usually people who don't mind helping.

> @"Cobrakon.3108" said:

> Well I guess people should consider the OP might have weird hours to play when it is hard to find LFG 's and groups. If you don't see an LFG up start your own. If that never works then try forming a group on the reddit or official forums.

Isn't he indirectly trying to do that with this thread?

> @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> > @"Supz.9836" said:

> > I already have the Griffin and agree with OP , something as core as the Griffon should be soloable at least during low peak hours

>

> Griffin is as core as ascended gear

Haha, true. The Griffon is the bonus, not the core. I don't even like the bird that much (just from the looks), but I love the Springer too much, so I think it would be pointless on my side.

> @"Supz.9836" said:

> I already have the Griffin and agree with OP , something as core as the Griffon should be soloable at least during low peak hours

Griffon isn't required for anything except one mastery point in PoF. There's nothing "core" about it, or it would not have been a hidden mount at PoF release... it's a reward for an achievement.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Rezzet.3614" said:

> > as if having to pay 250g wasnt bad enough

> >

> > how am I supposed to compete the collection when we have to kill stuff like the legendary corrupted facet

> >

> > sounds reasonable , till you realize crystal desert is dead and not even using the LFG brings people to join

> >

> > at most i ve gotten a tops of 5 players Once and then it was a fail because everyone ignored the fragments of nature

> >

> >

>

> 5 players should be enough, even for a legendary bounty. Personally, I'd just ask for help in my guilds. There are usually people who don't mind helping.

The guild thing can't be understated. Yes, there isn't a single legendary bounty that can't be done with a group of five (though the group we used was our guild's fractal premade group). But that aside, if you have limited time to play, you should be scheduling your time... and I don't mean "I scheduled myself to show up in Crystal Oasis and see if anyone will do Facet with me during my play hours" I mean join a healthy, active, social pve guild, and set it up with a group of 5-10 players a scheduled time that you will be on and that they can come very specifically help you do griffon. In my current guild this happens all the time... most more mature social guilds are filled with people who have lives and jobs and families, so they understand the need to plan things in advance. If I know I need an achieve but won't be likely to find a group when I can play (work overnights) I will post on my guild's discord asking for a group to come and do that achieve at a scheduled time even if they wouldn't normally be in game at that time. You'd be surprised how often this works out. Most of the time things like this really boil down to not being in the right guilds, or being in the right ones but being unwilling to put the social effort forward to accomplish it.

The griffon is perfectly obtainable, I see many of them each and every day.

I would have preferred it to be 100g and maybe some large amount of PoF currency, just to tie it more into "playing PoF". 250g is boring and a lot to ask for, but you'll get there eventually, no one forces you to get it done in a week.

Remember that this is a MMO. If you are struggling with any given event/JP/enemy, chances are high others are as well. Use the lfg, apple up, tell in mapchat what you're going to do and they will come and help.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> The griffon is perfectly obtainable, I see many of them each and every day.

>

^^

I wasn't going to bother with the griffon when I first heard about it. But then it seemed that everyone else in PoF had unlocked it and I didn't want to be the only one who didn't have one!

My guild is four RL friends; two of whom only play GW2 a couple of hours a week. We all have our griffons now, which suggests they are indeed obtainable.

With me the first holdup is just finishing the story. I do not always have the time to do an instance once I subtract out other things from my available time. If they said 'do xyz and pay 250 gold for a basic griffon or just pay 500 gold for a fully mastered griffon' I would not even hesitate if I decided I wanted it.

> @"Rezzet.3614" entitled their thread

> can we make the griffon actually obtainable ?

> And @"Rezzet.3614" wrote:

> how am I supposed to compete the collection when we have to kill stuff like the legendary corrupted facet

>

> sounds reasonable , till you realize crystal desert is dead and not even using the LFG brings people to join

>

> at most i ve gotten a tops of 5 players Once and then it was a fail because everyone ignored the fragments of nature

What you've described makes it _difficult_ to obtain the Griffon, but not impossible. You might want to update the title of your thread accordingly; I think it's digressing the discussion.

Very few of the events seem that challenging to accomplish (although some require more perseverance than others). The Corrupted Facet _might_ be an exception, in which case the relevant request would be to update the fight so it's fun or rewarding enough to attract more repeat players.

However, even if ANet agreed today, either with the OP or myself, it's going to be months and months (if not longer) before we see a change. In the meantime, my recommendation would be to join or start a bounty train that's covering all bosses, not just the facet. Those groups tend to be better prepared and more durable and last longer. And they attract more people.

> @"Rezzet.3614" said:

> as if having to pay 250g wasnt bad enough

>

>

>

>

>

I legit got my griffon 2 days ago and needed only 2 days to get it, believe it or not the part that took longest was getting the gold and not doing the events/bounties..

I played at off times on na servers even tho I‘m from EU and I had no issues whatsoever to get everything done.

You also can solo basically everything except the legendary bounty ofc

Classic "works for me so it should work for you" nonsense. There's a simple solution to this, and that is ANet adding Living World elements to more PoF maps. There's not much reason for us to revisit old Crystal Desert maps after we've finished our collections and whatever we wanted to do. ANet could easily add more sidequests connected to Living World to PoF maps to keep players in those zones.

> @"Orimidu.9604" said:

> Classic "works for me so it should work for you" nonsense. There's a simple solution to this, and that is ANet adding Living World elements to more PoF maps. There's not much reason for us to revisit old Crystal Desert maps after we've finished our collections and whatever we wanted to do. ANet could easily add more sidequests connected to Living World to PoF maps to keep players in those zones.

except every point of the OP has been rebuted because the crystal maps aren't dead

except if you maybe play at the really offhourse of like 4 AM

Whenever I had to kill a bounty for some collection, I just asked in map chat, while I stood in some distance, watching my prey. Within minutes, 5 to 10 people would show up at the scene. The longer we engaged the bounty, the more players joined.

Given, I have not done bounties 24/7, but the dozen times I did on different maps, there was always someone showing up.

Sometimes it just takes some patience.

> @"Deathok.2914" said:

> I legit got my griffon 2 days ago and needed only 2 days to get it, believe it or not the part that took longest was getting the gold and not doing the events/bounties..

But but people need it **now now now** lol...

I already had the gold and it took me something like a lazy 2 weeks to get the griffon from when I started. I didnt really focus on the bounties. I ran randomly in the zones, after 30 minutes of events not popping or people not doing it meh I did something else thats actual fun, like WvW. Then the next day I tried again, checked a couple zones. On weekends of course I checked several times a day. Eventually I got all the crap.

Judging by the times I've ran through the zones lately, there are still alot of people in PoF. Maybe not release numbers, but well populated.

What bothers me is that people think that bounties needs to be done as a zerg. I find the bounties easier with only a few players and I have done almost all bounties with 2 to 4 players. Those times we didn't was when the legendary bounties had a bad combo of boons and when other players did the bounty too. For those time when the bounty had bad boons, we failed but tried again later and it usually was a pushover.

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I didn't rush to get it when the expansion came out and now there's never anyone around to do these parts with. My plan is to find a guild that will help. Otherwise, I'm already out quite a bit buying my way as far as I've gotten.