Maguuma Lily please

I know this has been beat to death, but I'm gonna kick it one more time to make sure its dead. Please increase the drop rate for these flowers. I've farmed hundreds of these things and so far i have gotten one flower. I've tried draconis mons, and other places. If yall have any helpful suggestions, i'm open. thank yall

I've had the best luck getting these by harvesting Jungle Plants in Bloodstone Fen. The drop rate is low, but make sure you've got all the boosts active that you can get to help, especially [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Gathering_Boost_(consumable)](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Gathering_Boost_(consumable) "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Gathering_Boost_(consumable)") which your guild has ideally maxed out to the full 20% bonus, and the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Gathering_Banner_Boost for another 15% boost. The extra strikes from [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Item_Booster_(effect)](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Item_Booster_(effect) "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Item_Booster_(effect)") can also help if you have any of those.

For something that has very little use in game aside from an exotic jeweller upgrade that no one uses, a few over priced underwhelming scribe crafted decos, a couple of inscriptions and an essence your only going to need for Caladbolg... such a poor drop rate attached to it, like freshwater pearls.. just another crazy idea to time gate certain things.. namely caladbolg collection and trailblazer kitting out.

Of course if your mad enpugh you could throw them in the mystic toilet to get an amalgamated gemstone.. kind of trading one dire drop rate for another really though.

In all the jungle plants I have harvested across the various maps.. I have the grand total of 5 kind of like 1:1000+.. just crazy bad.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> For something that has very little use in game aside from an exotic jeweller upgrade that no one uses, a few over priced underwhelming scribe crafted decos, **a couple of inscriptions** and an essence your only going to need for Caladbolg... such a poor drop rate attached to it, like freshwater pearls.. just another crazy idea to time gate certain things.. namely caladbolg collection and trailblazer kitting out.

>

> Of course if your mad enpugh you could throw them in the mystic toilet to get an amalgamated gemstone.. kind of trading one dire drop rate for another really though.

>

> In all the jungle plants I have harvested across the various maps.. I have the grand total of 5 kind of like 1:1000+.. just crazy bad.

From my understanding, the reason people are trying to get these is specifically for crafting Trailblazer incscriptions and insignias which are account bound, and thus can't be traded on the TP. So they only way to get those is to either find or buy the Maguuma Lilies and craft them yourself. I'm not familiar with the builds that use these, but apparently there are some where this is meta. Hence the reason why Maguuma Lilies are currently going for over 6g a pop on the TP.

> @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > For something that has very little use in game aside from an exotic jeweller upgrade that no one uses, a few over priced underwhelming scribe crafted decos, **a couple of inscriptions** and an essence your only going to need for Caladbolg... such a poor drop rate attached to it, like freshwater pearls.. just another crazy idea to time gate certain things.. namely caladbolg collection and trailblazer kitting out.

> >

> > Of course if your mad enpugh you could throw them in the mystic toilet to get an amalgamated gemstone.. kind of trading one dire drop rate for another really though.

> >

> > In all the jungle plants I have harvested across the various maps.. I have the grand total of 5 kind of like 1:1000+.. just crazy bad.

>

> From my understanding, the reason people are trying to get these is specifically for crafting Trailblazer incscriptions and insignias which are account bound, and thus can't be traded on the TP. So they only way to get those is to either find or buy the Maguuma Lilies and craft them yourself. I'm not familiar with the builds that use these, but apparently there are some where this is meta. Hence the reason why Maguuma Lilies are currently going for over 6g a pop on the TP.

Indeed. If you're not playing WvW, I'd suggest almost anything else. If you are gearing for WvW , well, That's the price of having ANOTHER Scourge in your zerg. Be glad these stats are trash in PvE or you'd REALLY be cursing the price. Hope that helps. :)

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> If youre gearing for wvw, exotic trailblazer armor works fine and its waaaay easier to obtain through reward tracks.

That is equivalent to around 4.6g/h. On the other hand if you are doing the Triumphant armor track that will also unlock the ability to buy the ascended version from the skirmish vendor which can be further upgraded to legendary. It sets up some nice long term goals. Always nice to have goals.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > If youre gearing for wvw, exotic trailblazer armor works fine and its waaaay easier to obtain through reward tracks.

>

> That is equivalent to around 4.6g/h. On the other hand if you are doing the Triumphant armor track that will also unlock the ability to buy the ascended version from the skirmish vendor which can be further upgraded to legendary. It sets up some nice long term goals. Always nice to have goals.

What you call goals, I think many others might call 2nd jobs and that just isn't fun imo.

Trailblazer and Caladbolg collection are pretty much all its needed for.. one is luxury time wasting collection the other is .. just time wasting for anything other than WvW.

As Voltekka said.. reward tracks is a much more reliable source to get trailblazer.

To be honest if ANET would just get Jeweller upto par with other crafting disciplines and implement ascended crafting/upgrades i see no point in them putting out all these exotic upgrade variants with each expac.. it is time now surely for them to be upped to lvl 500.

> @"Galaa.8475" said:

> I know this has been beat to death, but I'm gonna kick it one more time to make sure its dead. Please increase the drop rate for these flowers. I've farmed hundreds of these things and so far i have gotten one flower. I've tried draconis mons, and other places. If yall have any helpful suggestions, i'm open. thank yall

Don't farm them then. I've gotten a few from random this or that (very occasionally from plant nodes). Any others that I need, I buy from the TP.

I do think that ANet should consider adding some "Blooming Jungle Plants" (as well as a "Ripe Mussel" for Freshwater Pearls) to the HoT maps, similar to what they did for Passion Flowers. Put them in the HoT maps so there's added incentive for people to come back and visit those maps.

Maybe its just me, but I NEVER gotten a mag lily from draconis mons.

Even the 16 days I spent there farming the backpack, not a single lily popped from those jungle plants.

I'll agree that either the rate needs to be increase or a new node with higher rates needs to be introduced.

Or at least other means of getting both lilies and pearls for minstrel.

> @"Galaa.8475" said:

> I know this has been beat to death, but I'm gonna kick it one more time to make sure its dead. Please increase the drop rate for these flowers. I've farmed hundreds of these things and so far i have gotten one flower. I've tried draconis mons, and other places. If yall have any helpful suggestions, i'm open. thank yall

Bloodstone Fen and Auric Basin. I used to get 4 a week when ABML was a thing. They nerfed the jungle plant farm when they nerfed ABML because there isn't as many map instances now. I've gotten quite a few on Bloodstone Fen.

Basically they're way rare to drop. But if you want an easy way to get them without wasting too much effort. Farm them on the way to the Draconis Mons Flax farm. You'll usually hit four or more and most of the time there's kind people leaving banners at the start. I get a good stream of them as I have 20+ toons that in one day can run up there and farm the Flax farm in about 3-6 mins each. Basically I get 80 jungle plant nodes in that short trek.

> @"Zaxares.5419" said:

> I do think that ANet should consider adding some "Blooming Jungle Plants" (as well as a "Ripe Mussel" for Freshwater Pearls) to the HoT maps, similar to what they did for Passion Flowers. Put them in the HoT maps so there's added incentive for people to come back and visit those maps.

That sounds like a good idea. Have a small chance on flowers as is and in addition have blooming flowers which have 100% chance to give one flower.

I thought of something like a new container that would give you a random choice of 3 of the hot upgrade items like fresh water pearl, black diamond, maguuma lily etc. and you can choose one of it. Would be a nice additional reward for Hot metas or dragon stand.

> @"Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921" said:

> Basically they're way rare to drop. But if you want an easy way to get them without wasting too much effort. Farm them on the way to the Draconis Mons Flax farm. You'll usually hit four or more and most of the time there's kind people leaving banners at the start. I get a good stream of them as I have 20+ toons that in one day can run up there and farm the Flax farm in about 3-6 mins each. Basically I get 80 jungle plant nodes in that short trek.

The issue isn't getting to harvest jungle plants.. its getting a Maguuma Lily to drop from them.. we can all harvest 000's of these time wasting weeds and never see a single lily... I have 5 in total since they came into game, which is pretty uninspiring even by this games drop rate standards.

> @"Mithos.9023" said:

> I thought of something like a new container that would give you a random choice of 3 of the hot upgrade items like fresh water pearl, black diamond, maguuma lily etc. and you can choose one of it. Would be a nice additional reward for Hot metas or dragon stand.

Are HoT metas so direly in need of further incentive, though? I'm not sure about that. I think I'd prefer the rare spawn of special nodes with a 100% drop chance.

1. Get guild gathering boost.

2. Get banner gathering boost

3. Get item booster (the one which allows you to gather additional times from the same node )

4. Bloodstone fen has a farming spot. Farm it every hour with as many characters as you can.

You should get some lillies, eventually. I know i did. Same applies to freshwater pearls. (Mainly verdant brink farming)

> @"Zaxares.5419" said:

> I do think that ANet should consider adding some "Blooming Jungle Plants" (as well as a "Ripe Mussel" for Freshwater Pearls) to the HoT maps, similar to what they did for Passion Flowers. Put them in the HoT maps so there's added incentive for people to come back and visit those maps.

Passion flowers have a 3/day/account limit. Some people farm many many more lillies/pearls per day.

> @"Vova.2640" said:

> Maybe its just me, but I NEVER gotten a mag lily from draconis mons.

> Even the 16 days I spent there farming the backpack, not a single lily popped from those jungle plants.

>

> I'll agree that either the rate needs to be increase or a new node with higher rates needs to be introduced.

> Or at least other means of getting both lilies and pearls for minstrel.

>

same here, neither draconis nor bloodstone fenn - not one piece. The only places i ever got lillies and fresh water pearls were the "old" HoT maps though you have less plants to harvest there. Maybe its bad luck, maybe they really drop more often in HoT.

> @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> > @"Mithos.9023" said:

> > I thought of something like a new container that would give you a random choice of 3 of the hot upgrade items like fresh water pearl, black diamond, maguuma lily etc. and you can choose one of it. Would be a nice additional reward for Hot metas or dragon stand.

> Are HoT metas so direly in need of further incentive, though? I'm not sure about that. I think I'd prefer the rare spawn of special nodes with a 100% drop chance.

How about normal hot events then? Most poeple ignore them and gather only for the meta events, a smal incentive to do the normal/pre events wouldn't hurt.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> Passion flowers have a 3/day/account limit. Some people farm many many more lillies/pearls per day.

How about not adding a daily limit then? Or better only give a small limited number of blossoms in addition to the normal drop chance. Three guaranteed flowers and the chance to farm a view through normal nodes seems good, if you ask me. Seriously even just 3 guaranteed flowers per day are more flowers than i have seen while playing through whole hot the first time.

> @"Zaxares.5419" said:

VB, AB, and TD always have lots of players already.

> @"Chay.7852" said:

> > @"Vova.2640" said:

> > Maybe its just me, but I NEVER gotten a mag lily from draconis mons.

> > Even the 16 days I spent there farming the backpack, not a single lily popped from those jungle plants.

> >

> > I'll agree that either the rate needs to be increase or a new node with higher rates needs to be introduced.

> > Or at least other means of getting both lilies and pearls for minstrel.

> >

> same here, neither draconis nor bloodstone fenn - not one piece. The only places i ever got lillies and fresh water pearls were the "old" HoT maps though you have less plants to harvest there. Maybe its bad luck, maybe they really drop more often in HoT.

>

Bad Luck.

I farmed up enough for about 3/4s set of Trailblazers. I got most of mine in BSF and DM. Mainly due to the amount of jungle plant nodes in small areas. Drop rate is the same no matter where the jungle plants.