Laurels acquisition Insanely Limited

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> I'm confused. What ascended crafting recipes can you buy with Laurels? Ascended crafting recipes can be purchased from Master Crafters for Karma, not Laurels, or on the Trading Post. Only Trinkets can be acquired with Laurels.

>

> Here's a partial list: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Ascended_Insignia

Look at the tab right under the Insignia tab ...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"yakuza snowdragon.4639" said:

> > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > Why are you spending laurels on trinkets? Get your ascended trinkets from LS3 with map currency.

>

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > I can't believe someone can complain about a currency where the only requirement to get is log in .... ><

>

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > Laurels are very much a lower choice way to get ascended. Ive done it myself and it provides an essentially free source to gear up on, but there are quicker and more efficient ways to do so. Ls3 is one, fractals is one and i believe guild commendations is a very good one too if memory serves me.

> >

> > In short, the laurels route is a supplementary and bonus way of getting them, with zero work involved. For that reason, the costs are fine. Ascended acquistion is varied enough to not have to rely in a single source. If you do, then it will take time as expected.

>

> My point is nothing to do with not getting laurel's gasy enough to buy trinkets. It's the fact it is such a low income source regardless what your use or need is, I do get ascended gear and trinkets via raids and fractals but what good is a drop here and there when you run specific builds and it's a lottery as to what stat combinations you get, also non tradable which makes it an slow process to fit out one character let alone 10. There's a number of reasons for or against but regardless its still an excessively slow track. Don't state its complaining about not getting enough free currency for just logging in, give me an task to acquire them or create a vendor that sells every item for another currency so we have options. I'd like to buy/unlock every ascended recipe without a gated currency based on nothing but time now I've put massive time and resources into leveling all crafts in game to maximum level then have insane time restrictions stopping me using the crafts I work so hard on. Does any vendor sell all ascended recipes for another currency? If one does that's all I want at the end of the day.

But it is meant to be a slow track, because it is a free, no effort way of obtaining them. Since ascended is not required outside of fractals where it gives rhem anyway, the balance is struck well. As for other vendors -, guild commendations, fractal tokens and the wvw laurel vendor with lower costs fill that objective. For the actual jewellery anyway.

As for recipes, that should now be clearer from the answers above

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> My bad. I was only looking at the Wiki, which only shows Rune recipes. I guess it needs an update.

> Are they recipes that can only be obtained from that vendor? Because armor and weapon recipes are found elsewhere.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"yakuza snowdragon.4639" said:

> > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > Why are you spending laurels on trinkets? Get your ascended trinkets from LS3 with map currency.

> >

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > I can't believe someone can complain about a currency where the only requirement to get is log in .... ><

> >

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > Laurels are very much a lower choice way to get ascended. Ive done it myself and it provides an essentially free source to gear up on, but there are quicker and more efficient ways to do so. Ls3 is one, fractals is one and i believe guild commendations is a very good one too if memory serves me.

> > >

> > > In short, the laurels route is a supplementary and bonus way of getting them, with zero work involved. For that reason, the costs are fine. Ascended acquistion is varied enough to not have to rely in a single source. If you do, then it will take time as expected.

> >

> > My point is nothing to do with not getting laurel's gasy enough to buy trinkets. It's the fact it is such a low income source regardless what your use or need is, I do get ascended gear and trinkets via raids and fractals but what good is a drop here and there when you run specific builds and it's a lottery as to what stat combinations you get, also non tradable which makes it an slow process to fit out one character let alone 10. There's a number of reasons for or against but regardless its still an excessively slow track. Don't state its complaining about not getting enough free currency for just logging in, give me an task to acquire them or create a vendor that sells every item for another currency so we have options. I'd like to buy/unlock every ascended recipe without a gated currency based on nothing but time now I've put massive time and resources into leveling all crafts in game to maximum level then have insane time restrictions stopping me using the crafts I work so hard on. Does any vendor sell all ascended recipes for another currency? If one does that's all I want at the end of the day.

>

> But it is meant to be a slow track, because it is a free, no effort way of obtaining them. Since ascended is not required outside of fractals where it gives rhem anyway, the balance is struck well. As for other vendors -, guild commendations, fractal tokens and the wvw laurel vendor with lower costs fill that objective. For the actual jewellery anyway.

>

> As for recipes, that should now be clearer from the answers above

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"SmirkDog.3160" said:

> > > I can't believe someone can complain about a currency where the only requirement to get is log in .... ><

> >

> > To be fair, it means that no matter how hard you try or how many hours you put in, there's a set limit on how much you can gain. It can be a bit frustrating when you're proactive enough to put in the time to work towards something but the game doesn't let you.

>

> By design. Laurels are a long-term login reward. That's why you can only acquire them this way. Expecting to acquire these items quickly by putting in "work"...doesn't work. I mean, what work are you putting in? Remembering to login every day? If you want ascended trinkets, you're better off actually playing the game. There are much quicker methods of getting the items you want than laurels.

Can someone please tell me where a vendor that sells Ascended armor recipe's for something other than Laurel's? I tried a crafting master/vendor etc and same shit, laurels. Wheres the karma vendors selling these ascended recipes?

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > My bad. I was only looking at the Wiki, which only shows Rune recipes. I guess it needs an update.

> > Are they recipes that can only be obtained from that vendor? Because armor and weapon recipes are found elsewhere.

>

> > > @"yakuza snowdragon.4639" said:

> > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > Why are you spending laurels on trinkets? Get your ascended trinkets from LS3 with map currency.

> > >

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > I can't believe someone can complain about a currency where the only requirement to get is log in .... ><

> > >

> > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > Laurels are very much a lower choice way to get ascended. Ive done it myself and it provides an essentially free source to gear up on, but there are quicker and more efficient ways to do so. Ls3 is one, fractals is one and i believe guild commendations is a very good one too if memory serves me.

> > > >

> > > > In short, the laurels route is a supplementary and bonus way of getting them, with zero work involved. For that reason, the costs are fine. Ascended acquistion is varied enough to not have to rely in a single source. If you do, then it will take time as expected.

> > >

> > > My point is nothing to do with not getting laurel's gasy enough to buy trinkets. It's the fact it is such a low income source regardless what your use or need is, I do get ascended gear and trinkets via raids and fractals but what good is a drop here and there when you run specific builds and it's a lottery as to what stat combinations you get, also non tradable which makes it an slow process to fit out one character let alone 10. There's a number of reasons for or against but regardless its still an excessively slow track. Don't state its complaining about not getting enough free currency for just logging in, give me an task to acquire them or create a vendor that sells every item for another currency so we have options. I'd like to buy/unlock every ascended recipe without a gated currency based on nothing but time now I've put massive time and resources into leveling all crafts in game to maximum level then have insane time restrictions stopping me using the crafts I work so hard on. Does any vendor sell all ascended recipes for another currency? If one does that's all I want at the end of the day.

> >

> > But it is meant to be a slow track, because it is a free, no effort way of obtaining them. Since ascended is not required outside of fractals where it gives rhem anyway, the balance is struck well. As for other vendors -, guild commendations, fractal tokens and the wvw laurel vendor with lower costs fill that objective. For the actual jewellery anyway.

> >

> > As for recipes, that should now be clearer from the answers above

>

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > @"SmirkDog.3160" said:

> > > > I can't believe someone can complain about a currency where the only requirement to get is log in .... ><

> > >

> > > To be fair, it means that no matter how hard you try or how many hours you put in, there's a set limit on how much you can gain. It can be a bit frustrating when you're proactive enough to put in the time to work towards something but the game doesn't let you.

> >

> > By design. Laurels are a long-term login reward. That's why you can only acquire them this way. Expecting to acquire these items quickly by putting in "work"...doesn't work. I mean, what work are you putting in? Remembering to login every day? If you want ascended trinkets, you're better off actually playing the game. There are much quicker methods of getting the items you want than laurels.

>

> Can someone please tell me where a vendor that sells Ascended armor recipe's for something other than Laurel's? I tried a crafting master/vendor etc and same kitten, laurels. Wheres the karma vendors selling these ascended recipes?

You need use laurels for armor recipe https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Ascended_Heavy_Helm

But you can buy insignia recipes with karma https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Ascended_Insignia

Some1 correct me If im wrong

> > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > Why are you spending laurels on trinkets? Get your ascended trinkets from LS3 with map currency.

>

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > I can't believe someone can complain about a currency where the only requirement to get is log in .... ><

>

> > Laurels are very much a lower choice way to get ascended. Ive done it myself and it provides an essentially free source to gear up on, but there are quicker and more efficient ways to do so. Ls3 is one, fractals is one and i believe guild commendations is a very good one too if memory serves me.

> >

> > In short, the laurels route is a supplementary and bonus way of getting them, with zero work involved. For that reason, the costs are fine. Ascended acquistion is varied enough to not have to rely in a single source. If you do, then it will take time as expected.

>

> My point is nothing to do with not getting laurel's gasy enough to buy trinkets. It's the fact it is such a low income source regardless what your use or need is

Yeah you're right ... they should give you hundreds of free laurels everytime you log in ... let's just hand everyone everything they want immediately for doing nothing. ><

Listen, complaining about getting a free for nothing currency too slowly is ... very exceptional. Don't be that guy.

Ascended recipes for laurels is kind of annoying. Seems there should be another source, even if its a grindy one. It does not matter if they are not needed for most content; many players wanted to complete any content available. I tend to hoard currencies, but people need some path other than a dull login time gate.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > Why are you spending laurels on trinkets? Get your ascended trinkets from LS3 with map currency.

> >

> >

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > Laurels are very much a lower choice way to get ascended. Ive done it myself and it provides an essentially free source to gear up on, but there are quicker and more efficient ways to do so. Ls3 is one, fractals is one and i believe guild commendations is a very good one too if memory serves me.

> > >

> > > In short, the laurels route is a supplementary and bonus way of getting them, with zero work involved. For that reason, the costs are fine. Ascended acquistion is varied enough to not have to rely in a single source. If you do, then it will take time as expected.

> >

> > My point is nothing to do with not getting laurel's gasy enough to buy trinkets. It's the fact it is such a low income source regardless what your use or need is

>

> Yeah you're right ... they should give you hundreds of free laurels everytime you log in ... let's just hand everyone everything they want immediately for doing nothing. ><

>

> Listen, complaining about getting a free for nothing currency too slowly is ... very exceptional. Don't be that guy.

Complaints nothing do with free currency, it's the items restricted to the currency you have no control over attaining which I think is wrong. The fact you don't get the choice to work for it and simply get a ration for logging in for a second each day seems reasonable to you? Millenials lol

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > Why are you spending laurels on trinkets? Get your ascended trinkets from LS3 with map currency.

> > >

> > >

> > > > Laurels are very much a lower choice way to get ascended. Ive done it myself and it provides an essentially free source to gear up on, but there are quicker and more efficient ways to do so. Ls3 is one, fractals is one and i believe guild commendations is a very good one too if memory serves me.

> > > >

> > > > In short, the laurels route is a supplementary and bonus way of getting them, with zero work involved. For that reason, the costs are fine. Ascended acquistion is varied enough to not have to rely in a single source. If you do, then it will take time as expected.

> > >

> > > My point is nothing to do with not getting laurel's gasy enough to buy trinkets. It's the fact it is such a low income source regardless what your use or need is

> >

> > Yeah you're right ... they should give you hundreds of free laurels everytime you log in ... let's just hand everyone everything they want immediately for doing nothing. ><

> >

> > Listen, complaining about getting a free for nothing currency too slowly is ... very exceptional. Don't be that guy.

>

> Complaints nothing do with free currency, it's the items restricted to the currency you have no control over attaining which I think is wrong. The fact you don't get the choice to work for it and simply get a ration for logging in for a second each day seems reasonable to you? Millenials lol

I am not sure why you think that the only way to get ascended gear is laurels and drops but this is not the case. If you want to gear a character you either craft, use the LS currency, guild commendations, complete collections, buy it with raid currency or fractal currency. All of these methods are specific and require just farming. There are no drops and no lottery involved. In any case you can choose the gear stats. There is nothing that the laurels have in terms of gear that you cannot farm to gain 10x faster with any other non-rng based method. And of course that way you also save all the laurels you might need to buy any recipes you might want.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > >

> > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > My point is nothing to do with not getting laurel's gasy enough to buy trinkets. It's the fact it is such a low income source regardless what your use or need is

> >

> > Yeah you're right ... they should give you hundreds of free laurels everytime you log in ... let's just hand everyone everything they want immediately for doing nothing. ><

> >

> > Listen, complaining about getting a free for nothing currency too slowly is ... very exceptional. Don't be that guy.

>

> Complaints nothing do with free currency, it's the items restricted to the currency you have no control over attaining which I think is wrong. The fact you don't get the choice to work for it and simply get a ration for logging in for a second each day seems reasonable to you? Millenials lol

I don't think it's unreasonable ... besides, that's not even true you don't control attaining it ... you control getting that currency by logging in ... it's the EASIEST currency to obtain in the game. Complaining items are restricted behind the easiest currency to obtain in the game ... I can't even begin to describe the level of unreasonable you have to be to do that.

> @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > > @"yakuza snowdragon.4639" said:

> > > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > > Why are you spending laurels on trinkets? Get your ascended trinkets from LS3 with map currency.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > I can't believe someone can complain about a currency where the only requirement to get is log in .... ><

> > > >

> > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > Laurels are very much a lower choice way to get ascended. Ive done it myself and it provides an essentially free source to gear up on, but there are quicker and more efficient ways to do so. Ls3 is one, fractals is one and i believe guild commendations is a very good one too if memory serves me.

> > > > >

> > > > > In short, the laurels route is a supplementary and bonus way of getting them, with zero work involved. For that reason, the costs are fine. Ascended acquistion is varied enough to not have to rely in a single source. If you do, then it will take time as expected.

> > > >

> > > > My point is nothing to do with not getting laurel's gasy enough to buy trinkets. It's the fact it is such a low income source regardless what your use or need is

> > >

> > > Yeah you're right ... they should give you hundreds of free laurels everytime you log in ... let's just hand everyone everything they want immediately for doing nothing. ><

> > >

> > > Listen, complaining about getting a free for nothing currency too slowly is ... very exceptional. Don't be that guy.

> >

> > Complaints nothing do with free currency, it's the items restricted to the currency you have no control over attaining which I think is wrong. The fact you don't get the choice to work for it and simply get a ration for logging in for a second each day seems reasonable to you? Millenials lol

>

> I am not sure why you think that the only way to get ascended gear is laurels and drops but this is not the case. If you want to gear a character you either craft, use the LS currency, guild commendations, complete collections, buy it with raid currency or fractal currency. All of these methods are specific and require just farming. There are no drops and no lottery involved. In any case you can choose the gear stats. There is nothing that the laurels have in terms of gear that you cannot farm to gain 10x faster with any other non-rng based method. And of course that way you also save all the laurels you might need to buy any recipes you might want.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"yakuza snowdragon.4639" said:

> > > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > > Why are you spending laurels on trinkets? Get your ascended trinkets from LS3 with map currency.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > I can't believe someone can complain about a currency where the only requirement to get is log in .... ><

> > > >

> > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > Laurels are very much a lower choice way to get ascended. Ive done it myself and it provides an essentially free source to gear up on, but there are quicker and more efficient ways to do so. Ls3 is one, fractals is one and i believe guild commendations is a very good one too if memory serves me.

> > > > >

> > > > > In short, the laurels route is a supplementary and bonus way of getting them, with zero work involved. For that reason, the costs are fine. Ascended acquistion is varied enough to not have to rely in a single source. If you do, then it will take time as expected.

> > > >

> > > > My point is nothing to do with not getting laurel's gasy enough to buy trinkets. It's the fact it is such a low income source regardless what your use or need is

> > >

> > > Yeah you're right ... they should give you hundreds of free laurels everytime you log in ... let's just hand everyone everything they want immediately for doing nothing. ><

> > >

> > > Listen, complaining about getting a free for nothing currency too slowly is ... very exceptional. Don't be that guy.

> >

> > Complaints nothing do with free currency, it's the items restricted to the currency you have no control over attaining which I think is wrong. The fact you don't get the choice to work for it and simply get a ration for logging in for a second each day seems reasonable to you? Millenials lol

>

> I don't think it's unreasonable ... besides, that's not even true you don't control attaining it ... you control getting that currency by logging in ... it's the EASIEST currency to obtain in the game. Complaining items are restricted behind the easiest currency to obtain in the game ... I can't even begin to describe the level of unreasonable you have to be to do that.

Thanks for the feedback both of you, lastly could you please just let me know where the vendor selling Ascended armor and weapon recipes are that does not require Laurel's. Appreciate your time.

you only need Laurels for Amulets ... only 20 laurels per amulet (if you buy in WvW like everyone should)

2 Amulets per month ... should be fine

You get Accessories super easy with guild missions

you get Rings super easy with fracs (even with low fracs)

The 100 laurel item (cat tonic) is just a nice gizmo and a luxury item ... you can save for it if you want to but its not needed in any way..

And you only really need the ascended armor recipes for your very first set

Then you start farming fracs and raids and get the rest for free

And any other options but laurel box for 28th day is so much worse you wouldnt even chose something else than laurels it if you already have 10.000 laurels....

> @"Orangensaft.7139" said:

> And any other options but laurel box for 28th day is so much worse you wouldnt even chose something else than laurels it if you already have 10.000 laurels....

As I'm always working on a legenary, there is no way I'm picking anything but Legendary Materials unless the price of Mystic Coins drops below what I can get from 1 Laurel.

> > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > > > @"yakuza snowdragon.4639" said:

> > > > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > > > Why are you spending laurels on trinkets? Get your ascended trinkets from LS3 with map currency.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > I can't believe someone can complain about a currency where the only requirement to get is log in .... ><

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > Laurels are very much a lower choice way to get ascended. Ive done it myself and it provides an essentially free source to gear up on, but there are quicker and more efficient ways to do so. Ls3 is one, fractals is one and i believe guild commendations is a very good one too if memory serves me.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In short, the laurels route is a supplementary and bonus way of getting them, with zero work involved. For that reason, the costs are fine. Ascended acquistion is varied enough to not have to rely in a single source. If you do, then it will take time as expected.

> > > > >

> > > > > My point is nothing to do with not getting laurel's gasy enough to buy trinkets. It's the fact it is such a low income source regardless what your use or need is

> > > >

> > > > Yeah you're right ... they should give you hundreds of free laurels everytime you log in ... let's just hand everyone everything they want immediately for doing nothing. ><

> > > >

> > > > Listen, complaining about getting a free for nothing currency too slowly is ... very exceptional. Don't be that guy.

> > >

> > > Complaints nothing do with free currency, it's the items restricted to the currency you have no control over attaining which I think is wrong. The fact you don't get the choice to work for it and simply get a ration for logging in for a second each day seems reasonable to you? Millenials lol

> >

> > I am not sure why you think that the only way to get ascended gear is laurels and drops but this is not the case. If you want to gear a character you either craft, use the LS currency, guild commendations, complete collections, buy it with raid currency or fractal currency. All of these methods are specific and require just farming. There are no drops and no lottery involved. In any case you can choose the gear stats. There is nothing that the laurels have in terms of gear that you cannot farm to gain 10x faster with any other non-rng based method. And of course that way you also save all the laurels you might need to buy any recipes you might want.

>

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"yakuza snowdragon.4639" said:

> > > > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > > > Why are you spending laurels on trinkets? Get your ascended trinkets from LS3 with map currency.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > I can't believe someone can complain about a currency where the only requirement to get is log in .... ><

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > Laurels are very much a lower choice way to get ascended. Ive done it myself and it provides an essentially free source to gear up on, but there are quicker and more efficient ways to do so. Ls3 is one, fractals is one and i believe guild commendations is a very good one too if memory serves me.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In short, the laurels route is a supplementary and bonus way of getting them, with zero work involved. For that reason, the costs are fine. Ascended acquistion is varied enough to not have to rely in a single source. If you do, then it will take time as expected.

> > > > >

> > > > > My point is nothing to do with not getting laurel's gasy enough to buy trinkets. It's the fact it is such a low income source regardless what your use or need is

> > > >

> > > > Yeah you're right ... they should give you hundreds of free laurels everytime you log in ... let's just hand everyone everything they want immediately for doing nothing. ><

> > > >

> > > > Listen, complaining about getting a free for nothing currency too slowly is ... very exceptional. Don't be that guy.

> > >

> > > Complaints nothing do with free currency, it's the items restricted to the currency you have no control over attaining which I think is wrong. The fact you don't get the choice to work for it and simply get a ration for logging in for a second each day seems reasonable to you? Millenials lol

> >

> > I don't think it's unreasonable ... besides, that's not even true you don't control attaining it ... you control getting that currency by logging in ... it's the EASIEST currency to obtain in the game. Complaining items are restricted behind the easiest currency to obtain in the game ... I can't even begin to describe the level of unreasonable you have to be to do that.

>

> Thanks for the feedback both of you, lastly could you please just let me know where the vendor selling Ascended armor and weapon recipes are that does not require Laurel's. Appreciate your time.

The recopies you can only buy with laurels. But since its the only thing you buy with laurels there are is more than enough. And if you want the actual weapons or armor there are many vendors and achievement to list to from were you get them directly without having to get a recipe. There are two vendors in the Fractal observatory that you farm fractals to get. The is one in the aerodrome and in every raid instance that you use raid currency. There is a vendor in every LS map with trinkets and backpieces that you use map currency. There are the PvP and WvW rewards tracks. And about a million achievements rewarding ascended stuff. For example the knight of thorns achievement or the Elite Specialization Collections. Too many to list here.

> @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > Again, Laurel vendors sell no recipes. Yes, I mean the Master Craftsmen at crafting stations.

> > > The Wiki (link above) will guide you through all manner of crafting Ascended gear.

> > >

> > > Good luck.

> >

> > Go N/W of the LA crafting hub, talk to the Laurel vendor and look at each tab and you'll see the recipe's I'm talking about.

>

> Yep you need 5 laurels and 3gold per recipe.

Some of those recipes can be bought for a few silver off the TP. Always check there first. I made that mistake a couple weeks ago when crafting a sword.