PvP should never be in the PvE daily rotation.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. I'm a PvE player but still do the PvP dailies in unranked because I can often do all 3 in like 10 minutes. Meanwhile, PvE dailies usually take a longer time and they are more tedious. There are plenty of options, do the ones you prefer.

I to like to have the few unranked pvp dailys on hand .. not really a pvp'er but they are very useful for things like reward tracks items and guild hall bits.

That said I would hardly call the pve dailys tedious .. how tedious can chopping 10 logs, mining 10 ore, foraging 4 plants be. I mean even the dialy puzzle or mini dungeon is only a portal away.. takes even less time to do 3-4 of them than it does to complete a daily pvp farm a lot of the time depending on the time of day your doing it.

> @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> There are four PvE dailies. Do the other three if you don't like the activity one.

And this is why the daily system is kinda crap. We used to have TONS of options for dailies. So many you often would just get a bonus for playing normally. Now it's a list of daily chores that you have to go WAY out of your way to do.

Also, I did 2/3 of the others, but I don't have access to the stupid dungeon because this game has no proper matchmaking system (it's 2018, for realz, there is no excuse for not having a dungeon queue). Though some people say doing story mode counts towards it, I dunno about that. Finding a group to do story mode is nigh impossible anyway.

All this is completely besides the point. There should NEVER be a PvP focused thing in the PvE daily. If you like the PvP stuff that's perfectly fine, there's plenty of that in the game for you. I don't. I want to play PvE.

> @"Aodlop.1907" said:

> > complains that there are too few daily options

> > suggests to solve the problem bu removing other options

>

> Yeah right

> You know, you could ask to have more PvE options without screwing over PvP players, right ?

Wait, what? Why would removing the PvP activities from the PvE daily list screw over PvP players?

I think the OP misunderstood the idea behind dailies. The point behind it was to provide a daily log-in incentive regardless of whether you are a PvP player, WvW player, PvE player or PvX players.

If you hate PvP related gameplay with a passion, just ignore PvP and WvW dailies. It was never stated that dailies would only be about PvE.

> @"SageLukahn.6705" said:

> > @"Aodlop.1907" said:

> > > complains that there are too few daily options

> > > suggests to solve the problem bu removing other options

> >

> > Yeah right

> > You know, you could ask to have more PvE options without screwing over PvP players, right ?

>

> Wait, what? Why would removing the PvP activities from the PvE daily list screw over PvP players?

It's not a "PvE" daily. It's a daily, period. It's free gold for everyone.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > The adventures are hardly PvP content. Yes, it seems like you're competing with other players, but that happens on a list of numbers that doesn't do anything and that you can easily ignore.

>

> He talks about activities (which are indeed pvp), not adventures.

My Bad.

Activities are PvP things, but it's only participation reward, no one forces you to win or do anything to get the daily.

> > @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> > There are four PvE dailies. Do the other three if you don't like the activity one.

>

> And this is why the daily system is kinda crap. We used to have TONS of options for dailies. So many you often would just get a bonus for playing normally. Now it's a list of daily chores that you have to go WAY out of your way to do.

>

> Also, I did 2/3 of the others, but I don't have access to the stupid dungeon because this game has no proper matchmaking system (it's 2018, for realz, there is no excuse for not having a dungeon queue). Though some people say doing story mode counts towards it, I dunno about that. Finding a group to do story mode is nigh impossible anyway.

>

> All this is completely besides the point. There should NEVER be a PvP focused thing in the PvE daily. If you like the PvP stuff that's perfectly fine, there's plenty of that in the game for you. I don't. I want to play PvE.

Nigh impossible? I recently completed every dungeon's story mode. All my groups filled in less than 10 minutes. Try solving the challenge in front of you instead of demanding that challenges be changed.

> I know many of you will argue that activities aren't "real pvp" or whatever, but it's still you, a player, fighting other players. This shouldn't be in the PvE daily rotation ever.

>

> Also... for the love of pete can we get the old, not terrible, daily system back please?

I mean there are some east WvW ones as well like Big Spender, Master of Minuments and killing the Veteran Mob as well. Those three have nothing to do with fighting players as well.

I can see how some people find the old iteration of dailies to be more engaging, at least on the PvE side. PvE is a much more varied experience than either sPvP or WvW. There are a lot more distinct things to do. With only four tasks, the odds are that the narrower one's view of what constitutes PvE fun, the less likely there will be three tasks on the PvE side that one wants to do.

I can see how people are invested in keeping the dailies "as is." Three tasks take less time than the old "five tasks" iteration. If one's view is on the end-product, then getting "tasks" that are tedious over with as fast as possible is to be desired.

At one point, GW2 was a brave new take on tired, old, MMO tropes. I never thought, then, that I would ever say, "Kill ten Krait!" as a daily task would be as -- or more -- engaging than many of the "regular" PvE daily chores, like, "Complete four events in Metrica Province,"

Im fine with some of them. Sanctum Sprint is usually over pretty quick (and I actually kinda like it). Southsun Suvival takes longer, but its still ok.

But yeah many of them I don't really like either... I have however decided that if I dislike the majority of the dailies and can't find 3 I can be bothered to do... I'll skip that day. Do something else. I'll still get that AP cap someday.

> I know many of you will argue that activities aren't "real pvp" or whatever, but it's still you, a player, fighting other players. This shouldn't be in the PvE daily rotation ever.

>

> Also... for the love of pete can we get the old, not terrible, daily system back please?

Activities are NOT PvP, you do NOT fight other players directly with your normal skill bar or a PvP skill bar, instead you get specific activities...you DO NOT even have to do anything, just enter the activity, stand around and wait until it is over...and presto, daily activity completed.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > The adventures are hardly PvP content. Yes, it seems like you're competing with other players, but that happens on a list of numbers that doesn't do anything and that you can easily ignore.

>

> He talks about activities (which are indeed pvp), not adventures.

There's only one activity that involves "player versus player" combat (Southsun Survivor). They are _competitive_, in the sense that someone wins, but they aren't PvP in the sense of players fighting each other. So they don't really fit neatly into our poorly-defined three categories.

The reason it's appropriate to place in the in the PvE rotation is that they take place in PvE maps. The WvW dailies take place in WvW maps, even though half of them don't involved contact with enemy players (and a few don't even have much impact on the enemy at all).

tl;dr Activities aren't PvP or PvE; they take place in PvE maps, so it's least-bad to make them part of that rotation.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > > The adventures are hardly PvP content. Yes, it seems like you're competing with other players, but that happens on a list of numbers that doesn't do anything and that you can easily ignore.

> >

> > He talks about activities (which are indeed pvp), not adventures.

>

> There's only one activity that involves "player versus player" combat (Southsun Survivor). They are _competitive_, in the sense that someone wins, but they aren't PvP in the sense of players fighting each other. So they don't really fit neatly into our poorly-defined three categories.

>

> The reason it's appropriate to place in the in the PvE rotation is that they take place in PvE maps. The WvW dailies take place in WvW maps, even though half of them don't involved contact with enemy players (and a few don't even have much impact on the enemy at all).

>

> tl;dr Activities aren't PvP or PvE; they take place in PvE maps, so it's least-bad to make them part of that rotation.

PvP means competition, not strictly fighting other players. Whenever you play against other players for the winner badge.

Anyway, it's irrelevant how you call it.