Please remove mounts from Claw of Jormag event.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um may I ask how it messes up the event?

The PoF expac is not required for this event, but people, from what it sounds like, have find it easier/faster to use mounts for the opening attack or whatever they have deemed efficient to use mounts for that particular moment.

One last thing, it sounds like a glitch/bug which would need to be reported if not done already and hopefully a-net is working on a solution and releasing it in the next update if not the following update.

> @"chemie banger.9624" said:

> Players are messing up the event so we get no 2nd phase.

> We shouldn't have to have PoF expansion to be part of this event.

> Thanks.

The event is in dire need or rework anyway. It's long, tedious, unrewarding and annoying.

> > @"VanWilder.6923" said:

> > Can you please be more specific of how Mounts are messing up the event? I could not think of any reason.

>

> I don't want to spread the occurrence of this.

> The event is rewarding if you do the crystals and ledges then get the chest at the end.

I haven’t done Jormag in a long time so I don’t know what these people are doing but my guess is it would only take doing one Jormag event for anyone to get the specifics. Refusing to discuss something to prevent the spread only works if this event is mostly being done the old way and only occasional events using mounts happen. If this is common for this event then all who are doing Jormag already know about it, or will once they do it in the future, and not discussing it isn’t going to stop the spread because the spread has already happened, it only hinders the forum discussion.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"chemie banger.9624" said:

> > > @"VanWilder.6923" said:

> > > Can you please be more specific of how Mounts are messing up the event? I could not think of any reason.

> >

> > I don't want to spread the occurrence of this.

> > The event is rewarding if you do the crystals and ledges then get the chest at the end.

>

> I haven’t done Jormag in a long time so I don’t know what these people are doing but my guess is it would only take doing one Jormag event for anyone to get the specifics. Refusing to discuss something to prevent the spread only works if this event is mostly being done the old way and only occasional events using mounts happen. If this is common for this event then all who are doing Jormag already know about it, or will once they do it in the future, and not discussing it isn’t going to stop the spread because the spread has already happened, it only hinders the forum discussion.

>

>

I was trying to come up with a way of saying the same thing but you got it! Absolutely on point Flesh.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> The event is in dire need or rework anyway. It's long, tedious, unrewarding and annoying.

Edit: Sorry. Mistaken for another event. Better rewards like with Tequatl or the Shatterer would be a nice addition to this, I agree.

> @"Neural.1824" said:

> Path of Fire slowly being turned into Path of Mounts Are Not Allowed In This Area, You Have Been Dismounted.

Isn't it? I still don't get what's in the south/southwestern corner of Timberline Falls that people are deliberately being dismounted for.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > The event is in dire need or rework anyway. It's long, tedious, unrewarding and annoying.

>

> Edit: Sorry. Mistaken for another event. Better rewards like with Tequatl or the Shatterer would be a nice addition to this, I agree.

>

> > @"Neural.1824" said:

> > Path of Fire slowly being turned into Path of Mounts Are Not Allowed In This Area, You Have Been Dismounted.

>

> Isn't it? I still don't get what's in the south/southwestern corner of Timberline Falls that people are deliberately being dismounted for.

It might be the lazy way to stop map breakouts. With your springer it was easy to get up on the rocks near the portal and you could look out from there to the next map. Perhaps people were able to get past the invisible wall up there with a griffin before they nerfed that mount. It dismounts you now when you get close.

The Claw of Jormag fight is probably the most boring boss event in this game. After the Shatterer's rework I thought they were planning to rework other epic boss battles as well, like Svanir one or Claw of Jormag one.

But then it came up with nothing. Season 3 introduced some new minions like wyverns with death and plant magic, why don't make the Claw of Jormag being like touched by the magic of Mordremoth and Zhaitan? Or Megadestroyer as well since it's Primordus' minion.

Easy to say, but hard to do it, right?

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > Players are messing up the event so we get no 2nd phase.

> > We shouldn't have to have PoF expansion to be part of this event.

> > Thanks.

>

> The event is in dire need or rework anyway. It's long, tedious, unrewarding and annoying.

It’s only long and tedious because players are lazy and just auto attack in one location during each phase.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> It’s only long and tedious because players are lazy and just auto attack in one location during each phase.

You are kind of forced to do so, because if you dash forward to do some real damage, you die quickly due to a lack of healing. If everyone would play this event as intended, it would indeed be more fun.

> > Isn't it? I still don't get what's in the south/southwestern corner of Timberline Falls that people are deliberately being dismounted for.

> It might be the lazy way to stop map breakouts. [...]

Ahhh, now that makes sense! :)

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > It’s only long and tedious because players are lazy and just auto attack in one location during each phase.

>

> You are kind of forced to do so, because if you dash forward to do some real damage, you die quickly due to a lack of healing. If everyone would play this event as intended, it would indeed be more fun.

The intended way would be keeping the golems alive so you get to the burn phase faster. That does not require any dashing forward.

> > > @"VanWilder.6923" said:

> > > Can you please be more specific of how Mounts are messing up the event? I could not think of any reason.

> >

> > I don't want to spread the occurrence of this.

> > The event is rewarding if you do the crystals and ledges then get the chest at the end.

>

> I haven’t done Jormag in a long time so I don’t know what these people are doing but my guess is it would only take doing one Jormag event for anyone to get the specifics. Refusing to discuss something to prevent the spread only works if this event is mostly being done the old way and only occasional events using mounts happen. If this is common for this event then all who are doing Jormag already know about it, or will once they do it in the future, and not discussing it isn’t going to stop the spread because the spread has already happened, it only hinders the forum discussion.

>

>

In particular it is in the second phase when they use jackal to kill the Claw if it arrives stunned.

My experience a commander MAFIA.???? appears in the second phase and is calling for everyone to attack with jackals.

Too some degree mounts are making it harder for non PoF players to get to as many crystal fights before the claw appears.

Cheers

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > @"chemie banger.9624" said:

> > > > @"VanWilder.6923" said:

> > > > Can you please be more specific of how Mounts are messing up the event? I could not think of any reason.

> > >

> > > I don't want to spread the occurrence of this.

> > > The event is rewarding if you do the crystals and ledges then get the chest at the end.

> >

> > I haven’t done Jormag in a long time so I don’t know what these people are doing but my guess is it would only take doing one Jormag event for anyone to get the specifics. Refusing to discuss something to prevent the spread only works if this event is mostly being done the old way and only occasional events using mounts happen. If this is common for this event then all who are doing Jormag already know about it, or will once they do it in the future, and not discussing it isn’t going to stop the spread because the spread has already happened, it only hinders the forum discussion.

> >

> >

>

> In particular it is in the second phase when they use jackal to kill the Claw if it arrives stunned.

> My experience a commander MAFIA.???? appears in the second phase and is calling for everyone to attack with jackals.

>

> Too some degree mounts are making it harder for non PoF players to get to as many crystal fights before the claw appears.

> Cheers

So, your issue is that the fight is being done too quickly for you (and others) to farm the extra mobs that aren't necessary to successfully complete the event.

Edit: DOn't get me wrong. This jackal "method" is not the intended way to do the event, and I'm not against something being tweaked there. But would you even be making this thread if the extra champs didn't exist or didn't drop loot?

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > @"chemie banger.9624" said:

> > > > > @"VanWilder.6923" said:

> > > > > Can you please be more specific of how Mounts are messing up the event? I could not think of any reason.

> > > >

> > > > I don't want to spread the occurrence of this.

> > > > The event is rewarding if you do the crystals and ledges then get the chest at the end.

> > >

> > > I haven’t done Jormag in a long time so I don’t know what these people are doing but my guess is it would only take doing one Jormag event for anyone to get the specifics. Refusing to discuss something to prevent the spread only works if this event is mostly being done the old way and only occasional events using mounts happen. If this is common for this event then all who are doing Jormag already know about it, or will once they do it in the future, and not discussing it isn’t going to stop the spread because the spread has already happened, it only hinders the forum discussion.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > In particular it is in the second phase when they use jackal to kill the Claw if it arrives stunned.

> > My experience a commander MAFIA.???? appears in the second phase and is calling for everyone to attack with jackals.

> >

> > Too some degree mounts are making it harder for non PoF players to get to as many crystal fights before the claw appears.

> > Cheers

>

> So, your issue is that the fight is being done too quickly for you (and others) to farm the extra mobs that aren't necessary to successfully complete the event.

>

> Edit: DOn't get me wrong. This jackal "method" is not the intended way to do the event, and I'm not against something being tweaked there. But would you even be making this thread if the extra champs didn't exist or didn't drop loot?

It isn't necessary to do anything in the game.

Correct. People don't complain if they aren't being denied something by the action of others.

Ah, I see. No one is exploiting the event; people are just making use of the new mechanic to do things more quickly, as people always do. Some of those without access to the new mechanic get less loot, but then again, so do those with access (since the event goes more quickly). However, since the event goes more quickly, it means everyone involved has more time to do things after the Claw dies too.

Like @"RoseofGilead.8907", I'm not against ANet tweaking this fight to be more interesting. But neither do I think it's worth any resources at all if all they are going to do is enforce a longer fight.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > It’s only long and tedious because players are lazy and just auto attack in one location during each phase.

> >

> > You are kind of forced to do so, because if you dash forward to do some real damage, you die quickly due to a lack of healing. If everyone would play this event as intended, it would indeed be more fun.

>

> The intended way would be keeping the golems alive so you get to the burn phase faster. That does not require any dashing forward.

>

Yeah but for that thing to spawn and walk all the way over there it takes over 4 minutes alone and hell no I'm not going to bother waiting for that every single time. It's good that people DPS it from that one spot, I don't think it's gamebreaking or whatever to come back to the original topic.

Unless they're doings omething vastly different from what I know then they have always done this. It's a nice 10% Damage between burn phases, don't believe it needs to be changed just because it got slightly easier with mounts. Also how does that work? Do they run all the way back, mount jackal then run there, press 1 to shield people then run out again? Seems silly. That DoT debuff lasts like 15 seconds, I'd rather just tank it at that point lol

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > @"chemie banger.9624" said:

> > > > > @"VanWilder.6923" said:

> > > > > Can you please be more specific of how Mounts are messing up the event? I could not think of any reason.

> > > >

> > > > I don't want to spread the occurrence of this.

> > > > The event is rewarding if you do the crystals and ledges then get the chest at the end.

> > >

> > > I haven’t done Jormag in a long time so I don’t know what these people are doing but my guess is it would only take doing one Jormag event for anyone to get the specifics. Refusing to discuss something to prevent the spread only works if this event is mostly being done the old way and only occasional events using mounts happen. If this is common for this event then all who are doing Jormag already know about it, or will once they do it in the future, and not discussing it isn’t going to stop the spread because the spread has already happened, it only hinders the forum discussion.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > In particular it is in the second phase when they use jackal to kill the Claw if it arrives stunned.

> > My experience a commander MAFIA.???? appears in the second phase and is calling for everyone to attack with jackals.

> >

> > Too some degree mounts are making it harder for non PoF players to get to as many crystal fights before the claw appears.

> > Cheers

>

> So, your issue is that the fight is being done too quickly for you (and others) to farm the extra mobs that aren't necessary to successfully complete the event.

>

> Edit: DOn't get me wrong. This jackal "method" is not the intended way to do the event, and I'm not against something being tweaked there. But would you even be making this thread if the extra champs didn't exist or didn't drop loot?

Those mobs don't even show up unless there is enough scaling. The statically spawned champs are just HP sponges with crappy loot.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> Ah, I see. No one is exploiting the event; people are just making use of the new mechanic to do things more quickly, as people always do. Some of those without access to the new mechanic get less loot, but then again, so do those without access (since the event goes more quickly). However, since the event goes more quickly, it means everyone involved has more time to do things after the Claw dies too.

>

> Like @"RoseofGilead.8907", I'm not against ANet tweaking this fight to be more interesting. But neither do I think it's worth any resources at all if all they are going to do is enforce a longer fight.

It is more of the case of the pot calling the kettle black. Someone trying to take advantage of one thing is complaining that someone else is taking advantage of a different thing.

>

Seems like a traditional issue of farmers butting their heads against people that play the events to complete them. One group wants to extend farmable events for as long as possible, to spawn more of the farmed mobs, sometimes even going so far as to intentionally failing those events to have them respawn earlier. One group just plays the game, and, when doing events, just thinks of ways to complete those events as fast as possible. When those two groups meet, lot of toxicity ensues.

Op should remember however, how those clashes usually end in GW2. And most of the time they end with Anet changing the event in such a way that the first group (the farmers) no longer has any reason to not want to finish the event as fast as possible. Generally, by removing rewards from those farmed mobs and leaving only those for event completion. So, the most probable outcome (assuming Anet just simply won't ignore the issue altogether) would be for devs to simply remove all drops from adds that spawn during the event. Wouldn't be first time, by the way - in game history those drops were nerfed many times already.