GUESS what new specialization your profession will get...

Just as the title says... this is NOT a wish-I-get-this thread, although ofc if you want to add that in another paragraph or somethin then fine. Lets all take a short dive into some Anet minds and play the guessing game... You dont have to be specific. I'll start.

Necro - melee condi minions. We have ranged power and condi, and melee power. I count scourge as ranged condi, because it is, no matter how its played . Minions seem to be forgotten so my guess is that they'll try to revive them a bit.

1. Thief gets a focus offhand. Use it like it is used in martial arts to distract.

2. Mesmer gets mainhand pistol, cause we already have those mobs in game.

3. Ranger gets a rifle...cause why not.

4. Warrior gets a mainhand shield with twice the dps of any other weapon in game. That way they can still run full zerk builds like now, yet be more tanky and have more survival traits than every other class. Jokes aside, Goyim may be right, warrior gets a staff and they just gut/redesign all the banner skills...because.

5. Ele will get greatsword. They will nerf the shit out of conjure fiery greatsword before the expac to make the elite spec "unique". At the outset, the new ele elite will be broken. Not sure if it will be "pre-nerf" holosmith broken, or "design flawed" scourge broken.

6. Engineer will get hosed. Turrets will still be crap, holosmith (which is still slightly overtuned) will be gutted to extinction for most players.

7. Revenant will get another lackluster elite that underperforms and the class will still lack "choices" as their utility skills are always pre-chosen for them.

8. Guardian has reached peak potential with Anet's vision of it, they will nerf firebrand too hard to sell the next elite, and the meta will be chaos.

9. Necro will get a sword mainhand. It will not even cleave so people don't complain about necro's and aoe's anymore. No one will play it because they still won't have time to redesign scourge during all of this and they can't nerf it much further. Scourge will still be the goto spec for lemmings in wvw.

Thief - sword off hand, stances or meditations

Revenant - axe main hand, legend: courier torivos

Elementalist - greatsword, physicals

Mesmer - pistol main hand/shortbow, cantrips

Necromancer - mace main hand, stances or glyphes

Ranger - rifle, physicals

Warrior - melee staff

Guardian - warhorn

Engineer - axe/mace main hand, meditations or stances

Not sure about what we're getting, but what I would love:

Elementalist - greatsword melee damage spec that isn't a condi bruiser build. Possibly a dragon-themed spec where each element is empowered by an elder dragon and has abilities based around them. A 5th arcane attunement would be nice to get as well.

Thief - MONK. Edited because I remembered this was what I wanted for thief from awhile back. A dual mace monk-themed spec that has a playstyle similar to daredevil in terms of mobility and special evades, but with a more magic themed. Thinking something like a cross between Pandaren monks from WoW and Dr. Strange monks. Perhaps thieves start taking lessons from mesmers this time instead of the other way around and it even has some clone/position switching/target breaking ability.

Mesmer - Shortbow/Longbow Bard spec/Siren. A spec with Mainhand pistol wouldn't be so bad either as I've always liked pistol on Mesmer. Another possibility could be that mesmers start using their illusion magic to summon illusions and powerful phantasms of something other than themselves. Similar to how Jennah created an illusion of Kralk.

Guardian - Ritualist/Spiritualist. Offhand warhorn? Summons spirits that act more like necro minions or mesmer phantasms than Renegade spirits. Could essentially give them the Mesmer mechanic and have their virtues be like Mesmer shatters where the spirits empower the guard.

Warrior - a toothpick and light armor and a permanent -50% healing. Nah, hopefully something that makes me enjoy warrior and doesn't wind up being block/evade/health regen tanky in glass cannon gear and has a more unique playstyle. I can see staff being interesting but don't see how it would be better than daredevil or rev staff.

Necro - would love a stealth themed necro spec that really focuses on vampiric/life siphon abilities. Perhaps dual swords. A sort of demonic assassin that has the power damage capabilities that reaper never got. Perhaps the shroud skill could be a demon form inspired by Abaddon or the margonites.

Revenant - although I originally thought of this for elementalist given the ability visuals used in Twilight Oasis, I would love for revenant to get a dervish elite assuming they didn't just make the dervish a separate profession. Not sure how they would make a profession with so little utility choice a dervish that channels 5 different entities but it would be a great gift for revenants who have been probably the least popular class since they were added.

Engineer - I personally like holo better than scrapper, but I think taking the inventions to the next level and creating more of a golem-themed spec could be interesting. On a more broad note, I think two roles that could be really good for engineer to fill with greater potential would be somekind of healing/boon spec support build and a much easier condi build. Whatever it is I hope it's fun, unique, and has a lot of utility that fits the engineer theme.

Ranger - completely forgot this one. I'd still love a transformation spec. I originally thought soulbeast was going to be more of a shapeshifter spec but it wasn't. Soulbeast for me is a lot more underwhelming than druid for some reason. Would love for the next ranger spec to be something similar to WoW druids with shapeshifting abilities and unique utilities similar to engineer kits that let you transform into a multitude of different pets with unique abilities. This seems incredibly unlikely and a lot to program though so I imagine if ranger gets anything they will get rifle and a very pet-empowering beast mastery spec.

If we go to charr land then I'd guess mesmer goes hardcore and tries to be a warrior, gets 2H Hammer (already had an off hand with chrono and mainhand weapon with mirage, and currently lacking 2H melee weapon) and is a control focused spec with unique mechanics based around cc (interrupts/disables/etc), and will have good synergy with power builds and Domination trait line. Will guess at something like Meditations or Physical skills for utilities.

Engie will become "Golemancer" and receive another set of aimless AI that lose their path, die in an instant and, most of the time, do nothing.

- The elite spec mechanic will be a reflect-able marker projectile that you activate by selecting an enemy and pressing "F", making all your Golems randomly try to catch that guy with a random attack.

- Using the Golems will consume a new resource, called "Psychic Link", which under 75% will root the Golemancer in place, and under 50% will put constant confusion on the Golemancer until he/she either stops using them or dies.

- All the Golems will NOT look like asuran design, charr tech nor even similar to the royal watchknights, but will be based on the Uzolan's Mechanical Orchestra style. And they will sound similar.

- The elite spec weapon will be the greatsword. You will never wield it: you'll use it similar to warrior banners, sticking it in the ground to emit bonuses and orders to the golems. No, it will NOT have any effect on the user or allies. Only the golems.

- The elite specialization equipment will consist on a Helmet called "[Mind](https://nypdecider.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/toys-that-made-us-spock-helmet.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200 "Mind")" and a Greatsword called "[Control](https://mlpforums.com/uploads/post_images/img-3218111-1-xjhziv8elkjvbn1mulkz.jpg "Control")". "Control" will have its own very helpful personality.

LONGBOW for Ele is the ONLY suitable weapon. Greatsword, axe, ect. would be a HUGE disappointment. Anet Devs have made the best choices for Ele elite specs so far, so I have faith that they will choose right for the third elite spec.

We need a long range DD arcane spec. Enough with the single and off-hand weps and enough with melee. We have plenty of those. Our only 1200 range wep is a slow support staff. It's time for a proper, quick,1200-1500 range, offensive weapon for Ele.

Here's my wish list:

War gets Staff as melee weapon or a new underwater weapon just to be a troll

Guard maybe gets access tooooo Rifle???

Reve with Greatsword would be cool

Ranger needs Rifle in my personal opinion

Thief with Shield off hand and they fling it around like a boomerang somehow

Engi needs another melee weapon because they have a serious lack of melee

Mes with Dagger or Mace IDK

Necro with long or short bow could be cool

Ele gets dual pistols for elemental PEW PEW PEW!!!

Engineer: Golemancer. Mace main-hand (many wrench skins in-game) or Staff; will function similar to the Inquest Golemancers, basically a Mesmer that summons Golems and commands them.

Necromancer: Nightmare. Some Vampire-esque build probably with Sword main-hand or off-hand; or it could be a Shield off-hand with a defensive, retaliation & barrier based spec. Or some new mechanic introduced such as channeled damage-via-defense skills.

Ranger: Skirmisher. Pistol main or off-hand, or Rifle. Probably will get a new camouflage (stealth while immobile) skill and obtain the ambush mechanic from Mesmer.

Revenant: Heretic. Instead of fixing all the complains and problems with Revenant, the new elite will just unlock access to using any Revenant weapon or utility of your choice and lose the ability to change Legends. Revenant will get new "Blessings" F1-F5 f - similar to Guardian f1-f5 and Stance Utilities that require ukeep.

Warrior: Brawler. (Hold-out) Pistol off-hand. Focus on physical skills and ammo skills. As Brawler builds rage, brawler slowly grows and morphs into Beserker mode; Brawler can then only fight in this mode for X seconds before becoming winded and taking damage - similar to Holoforge.

Elementalist: Conjurer. A proper elemental summoning class - just a reskin of Mesmer clones but elementals. Elementals summoned by weapon attacks just like Mesmer clones. Elemental type and damage abilities based upon elementalist's attunement; elementals are not commandable but more of a fire-or-forget type summon that lasts momentarily. Probably Great Sword or Shield for the new weapon.

Mesmer: Enchanter. Longbow, Shortbow, or Mace main-hand; arrows that pass through allies inspire them and grant boons, arrows that pass through enemies give them conditions. Can summon special Phantasms from the Mists.

Thief: Avenger. Loses stealth but gains the ability to shadow step through the Mists to targets and locations. Gains the ambush mechanic from Mirage. Axe for main-hand weapon.

Guardian: Spiritkeeper. Gains abilities that allow them to share auras with allies and directly attach their life (spirit tether) to their allies; taking a % of all damage an ally would have taken to save the ally (think AED for allies that costs the Guardian life to use.) Also can place Judgements on enemies and enemies attacking tethered allies receive judgements. Pistol and Rifle are about all that's left for Guardian unless they add an entirely new weapon and mechanic.

Ele - Longbow. I don't know it's cool tho.

Thief - Greatsword with Katana looks alike (if we go to Cantha)

Warrior - Focus , Vajra looks a like with electric magic (if we go to Cantha) - A lot of CC

Ranger - Rifle - officially hunter - Range DPS

Mesmer - May be pistol since pistol never be weapon for any elite before, probably range DPS.

Guardian - Warhorn

Necromancer - Mace I think we need meelee condi.

Revenant - great sword or war horn (probably channel Jora or Savanir?) - need melee DPS

Engineer - Mace the alchemist , or mace the golemancer. both are support.

Warrior

What I want: More dedicated healing/boon build that sacs Regen stacks for boons and instant healing. (Make banner slaves even M O R E required!)

Or: Dedicated tank spec. Spellbreaker is already about counters, but it doesn't draw attention, so better access to taunt and more punishing retaliation or damage on block.

What we'll get: Probably pistol. :neutral:

Engineer

What I want: One-handed melee weapon(s) one base profession

What we'll get: More one-handed melee weapon(s) on elite spec

Revenant

What I want: Class skills to be finished

What we'll get: Another elite that can't be used underwater...

Thief

What I want: To not have to use Stealth to proc Malice. :neutral:

What we'll get: Another perma-stealth OHKO build

Necro

What I want: Less ugly, smarter minions

What we'll get: Same ugly minions that still get stuck on terrain, and more condition damage