Don't Play on the First Day!

Word to the wise, don't play on new release day and expect it to function as designed. I've been here long enough to know how this shit works... WAIT at least a day or two so that Arenanet can iron out dem bugs that should have been taken care of by the QA team. I know that sounds harsh, and I understand there are many variables and unknowns when dealing with a live environment. BUT, I been experiencing that same errors and bugs with every single release. Every. Single. One. Multiple threads can attest to these facts (I will not bother to link, I dont care enough say what you will). Again, if you do not want to deal with the frustration, just wait to play on any other day except release day. As of right now I've wasted more time logging and relogging then actually playing the episode.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know but the first part in Amnoon was so good and involves two of my favorite characters! I so want to see the new map, new mount - everything! Alas, I have to go to work in an hour and the bugs are currently making the story unplayable.

Oh well! I suppose it's for the best, as I have the next two days off to play as much as I want! I just hope they have it all worked out by then!

Yeah… bad move indeed. I got stuck after the first part of Amnoon to talk to the Primeval Queens but got bugged after that. They don't talk to me whenever I walked to them, it seems now I can't even login to the game, says network error, :scream:

> @"Widowmaker Z.4802" said:

> For the Primeval Queens part, I completely logged out of the game for a few minutes and logged back in and it started working.

that fine. had issues laoding the new instance though after and then kicked out after killing the first thing... now connections error non stop

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > @"Widowmaker Z.4802" said:

> > For the Primeval Queens part, I completely logged out of the game for a few minutes and logged back in and it started working.

>

> that fine. had issues laoding the new instance though after and then kicked out after killing the first thing... now connections error non stop

For that I completely logged out and then tried a few characters until I found one that would let me login, then I was able to log on to my character i was using for the story and it worked.,

> @"Hellbore.1473" said:

> Word to the wise, don't play on new release day and expect it to function as designed. I've been here long enough to know how this kitten works... WAIT at least a day or two so that Arenanet can iron out dem bugs that should have been taken care of by the QA team. I know that sounds harsh, and I understand there are many variables and unknowns when dealing with a live environment. BUT, I been experiencing that same errors and bugs with every single release. Every. Single. One. Multiple threads can attest to these facts (I will not bother to link, I dont care enough say what you will). Again, if you do not want to deal with the frustration, just wait to play on any other day except release day. As of right now I've wasted more time logging and relogging then actually playing the episode.

so very true... right now I can't even get back into the game.. it keeps getting a network error. Will just wait until tonight after 2 or 3 patches have been applied... :P

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> Let's be honest here. It didn't happen at this scale in the past. Even HoT release was smoother, not mentioning LW3 in general. Their release stability after PoF dropped drastically and I'm disappointed with their mediocrity.

It's kind of mind boggling when you think of it. How can this have worked "well?" in their development/testing environment only to break so bad in production? Man, I'm a programmer.. if I did something like this in my company I would be in some sort of very bad trouble. Then again, Microsoft has been famous for beta testing their production releases on the general public and calling them solidly tested updates. *sigh*

> @"Hellbore.1473" said:

> [...] bugs that should have been taken care of by the QA team.

GW2 has a QA team?

> @"Hellbore.1473" said:

> As of right now I've wasted more time logging and relogging then actually playing the episode.

But when you know this from "years of experience", why are you wasting time trying? =) You will know it's been fixed when your client starts downloading an update. ;)

"dont play on day one" it shouldnt be this way. this shouldnt be the general rule. this is why they moved to massive breaks between content, to stop shit like this. and yet here we are, worse bugs every time. i remember when they were doing new content every two weeks, i didnt see bugs half this bad. what changed huh?