The lootless in Kourna

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > Actually there is ascended and the stat is plague doctor.

> Which for 99% people is the same as saying there's no ascended gear. Seriously, Plague doctor is as niche as Seraph (but at least lake doric had _also_ stat-selectable gear).

>

>

Well I guess 99% of the people are wrong. Its ascended and its sold in kourna.

> @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > > Actually there is ascended and the stat is plague doctor.

> > Which for 99% people is the same as saying there's no ascended gear. Seriously, Plague doctor is as niche as Seraph (but at least lake doric had _also_ stat-selectable gear).

> >

> >

>

> Well I guess 99% of the people are wrong. Its ascended and its sold in kourna.

Okay, have it your way. There are no _useful_ ascended in Kourna.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > > > Actually there is ascended and the stat is plague doctor.

> > > Which for 99% people is the same as saying there's no ascended gear. Seriously, Plague doctor is as niche as Seraph (but at least lake doric had _also_ stat-selectable gear).

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Well I guess 99% of the people are wrong. Its ascended and its sold in kourna.

> Okay, have it your way. There are no _useful_ ascended in Kourna.

>

That's better :)

I wasted a booster , maybe 2 , which is very very disappointing. I'd saved those for quite awhile.. I agree with many here- The map feels very unrewarding. LOTS of work running about slaughtering Awakened and Inquest in droves and no loot or XP or money or much of anything for it. I will not be on this map for long. I would think these inquest asura would drop some cool tech sometimes.......

I noticed this as well, specifically enemy spawns during meta events. Given that even if they did drop loot and XP, the map would still be well below the previous ones for loot and XP, this seems like it would be a puzzling design choice and I assume it is a bug. Like the user above I used a whole bunch of XP boosts for the map's events but then noticed the enemies seem to basically function like story instanced enemies. This is compounded by the fact that doing meta events that spawn tons of enemies seems like the most natural way to gain experience for the roller beetle masteries.

Well, as a wvw player, completing Forewarned unlocked the reward track and I was planning on doing the inscribed farming through that (assuming it's a currency offered). But yes, as far as the map, I enjoyed it at first, but the slow progressing hearts made me change my mind as to whether I wanted to come back with multiple characters.

> @"HazyDaisy.4107" said:

> completing Forewarned unlocked the reward track and I was planning on doing the inscribed farming through that (assuming it's a currency offered).

It is offered as a reward from completing the track, you get 50 inscribed shards. You also get some throughout the track, which gave me an extra 5 or so.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > You won't get exp until you unlock the beetle mount.

>

> The mount, or the collections? I ask this because last night I was getting XP from mobs in Kourna, but I don't have the mount yet.

You do get XP/Karma/loot from mobs in the open world, just not from the ones that spawn from events.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > You won't get exp until you unlock the beetle mount.

> >

> > The mount, or the collections? I ask this because last night I was getting XP from mobs in Kourna, but I don't have the mount yet.

>

> You do get XP/Karma/loot from mobs in the open world, just not from the ones that spawn from events.

OK, got it. Thanks.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> Low loot rate and atrociously limited new currency are same tricks they used originally with HoT. Heavy time gate is made to make you believe there's actually anything to do in this new map.

The big difference there is of course that HoT maps were sprawling, well-designed, had a unique "twist" (the verticality and complexity it brought) and were also damn **pretty**.

Comparing those to LS maps, which are forgettable throwaway pieces clearly designed under utterly nasty time constraints is... frankly not fair for the poor LS maps. But also insulting to the HoT maps, they should be compared to *actual* maps.

And frankly, if the LS-map quality we've seen from season 3 onwards stays that way... I'm half of a mind to say I'd prefer temporary LS episodes again. These maps are way undercooked to be permanent additions, rather shift the loot to a static vendor once the events are over and go with a LS1-system again. I'd rather **not** have a sad and empty map sit around as a reminder of how meh the episodes now feel, might as well save yourself the dev time entirely and make some transformations to existing zones instead, saving manpower. Get a new proper expansion out or so. :pensive:

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > You won't get exp until you unlock the beetle mount.

>

> The mount, or the collections? I ask this because last night I was getting XP from mobs in Kourna, but I don't have the mount yet.

The mount. Which you have to do the 3 collections to get. It's free and now is the best time to do it especially for the anomaly event in collection 3.

Enemies in events don't drop any loot including scrap. Scrap is used for meta event. This leads to two ways of playing the map.

You actually do run arround the map and kill stuff to push the meta forward or leech the living hell out of it and enter another instance.

> @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > You won't get exp until you unlock the beetle mount.

> >

> > The mount, or the collections? I ask this because last night I was getting XP from mobs in Kourna, but I don't have the mount yet.

>

> The mount. Which you have to do the 3 collections to get. It's free and now is the best time to do it especially for the anomaly event in collection 3.

I already did the anomaly event. It's in the second collection, [beetle Saddle](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Beetle_Saddle "Beetle Saddle"), although I suppose that distinction might be a definitional thing.

There are some non-event mobs that don't seem to be giving XP or loot. The Joko loyalists in the cave just before the water part were not dropping karmic retributions or giving XP and were not associated with any event as far as I could tell. (Not the ones that are part of the story or the raiding of the farm, I'm talking about the dudes just hanging out guarding the cave).

For me it's a bug, i'm not asking for loot from champions but from meta-event, every of them. At sandswept isles, inquest waves and each boss in the chamber gave loot, same for Zohaqan. Here in kourna, capturing the bridge, eastern door and courtyard events don't give ANY loot either champion mobs or finishing events, and that is very sad and outrageous... The improvised inquest cache at the end of meta don't give thzt much rewards... and Where is my legendary final boss of the metz giving a ton of rewards seriously?! As a minimum, please add way more kournan caches, it was a pain to collect 50 shards for the beetle. :(