Skirmish claim tickets = irrelevant currency for main wvwers?

I'm just wondering if anyone else is at the point where skirmish claim tickets are irrelevant.

Everything from the ticket vendor has a price tag attached to it (in the form of grandmaster marks, memories of battle, etc). WvW players earn the tickets so much faster than we earn gold in wvw, so the tickets will just continue to grow.

To solve this I think the devs should increase the amount of memories of battle we get from playing wvw. Then we can spend the tickets without having the huge gold cost that come with memories of battle (20g for a stack right now)

I always seem to have way more memories of battle than skirmish tickets i can spend on stuff. I have 7.5k tickets now, with 25+ stacks of memories of battle. Wvw was never about gold, anyway. But rewards now are better than before the pip system. Also, memories of battle arent time gated. You can earn a lot the more you play

> @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> My friend has like 43 stacks of memories of battle (crazy, but I don't think they've used any yet), on the other hand of the scale I've spent a lot of mine, and still have an ample supply because I just redo the diamond chests. If you play enough they will come I promise you.

They dropped in value to around 2 silver, which some of us bought them at that point, knowing they would have value later.

> @"Elementalist Owner.7802" said:

> I'm just wondering if anyone else is at the point where skirmish claim tickets are irrelevant.

>

> Everything from the ticket vendor has a price tag attached to it (in the form of grandmaster marks, memories of battle, etc). WvW players earn the tickets so much faster than we earn gold in wvw, so the tickets will just continue to grow.

>

> To solve this I think the devs should increase the amount of memories of battle we get from playing wvw. Then we can spend the tickets without having the huge gold cost that come with memories of battle (20g for a stack right now)

Or allow us to sell off the skirmish tickets; that way the players who are so low in ranks taking forever to acquire anything can make use of them. I can still make use of the tickets but I don't bother as I primarily play only 1 class. Already have my full set of legendary armor.

I stopped caring about skirmish tickets in all honesty. When taking into account the value of memories of battle, grandmaster marks, the timegating then heck its just easier to craft the ascended gear myself and sell off the memories of battle. The only things its really useful for (at least for me) is using them for upgrading to legendary, aside from that the other items you can get are not worth it.

I think the skirmish tickets are fine the way they are. I earn them at about the same rate I earn gold so in the end I break even when spending them for weapons or armor. And I solo roam, if you run in zerg you would probably earn gold faster than you can earn tickets to buy things.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > My friend has like 43 stacks of memories of battle (crazy, but I don't think they've used any yet), on the other hand of the scale I've spent a lot of mine, and still have an ample supply because I just redo the diamond chests. If you play enough they will come I promise you.

>

> They dropped in value to around 2 silver, which some of us bought them at that point, knowing they would have value later.

>

Ah, we never bought any though (I know my friend doesn't either, he has basically everything saved from the day he started until now which is why he has that many stacks, and all we do is wvw. I feel it's at a good spot though, because they come frequently enough but tp is an option. I used to sell mine until skirmish rewards came, too bad I didn't save them hehe.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> IMO is completelly useless.. always was.. :\

> I still need to pray to the RNG lord to get ascended gear, the trinkets i have are mixed from bloostone from WvW reward rack and the mist.

If you make legendary armor you don't need to worry about that.

> @"Oogabooga.3812" said:

> Until I have 9 sets of wvw legendary armor and back pieces for my characters, they won't be irrelevant to me. That'll definitely take a long time, since one full set is 6 months.

Yeah but my point is, you probably have more than enough tickets for another armor piece but a lack of gold is holding you back. If I'm wrong about that let me know, I'm just speaking from my experience. So if it's just dependent on gold, what's the point of having tickets in the game?

Should just make them tradeable, so that those who wvw like their life depends on it can sell them and casual players can buy them.

Also, the amount per box needs adjusting so the number is the same per level, ie wooden and platinum should reward the same, not everyone has unlimited hours to play the game and the current system penalises those who have busy real lives.

Should just give us everything for free because there's always something somewhere someone disagrees with a cost.

Memories of battle might cost 20g a stack, but you can get them for free by playing wvw, that now includes the marks.

So as I always say, you pay the gold or pay the time, pick one. At least they give us a choice there.

> @"Victory.2879" said:

> Should just make them tradeable, so that those who wvw like their life depends on it can sell them and casual players can buy them.

>

> Also, the amount per box needs adjusting so the number is the same per level, ie wooden and platinum should reward the same, not everyone has unlimited hours to play the game and the current system penalises those who have busy real lives.

no dont let pve player who have more than enough gold get ez wvw gear without them ever setting a foot in wvw

you do realize that the higher with boxes you go, the more pips you need to fill them up? so wood chest takes way less time than diamond to finish, if they all had the same amout of pips needed they should give the same loot, but they dont

to OP i only play wvw, but not enough gw2 in general anymore to drown in pips, so im rately finishing diamond, now im just waiting for pips to finish my last legendary armor piece...have the money but not the tickets

Easiest way to get a set of stat selectable trinkets if you have thousands of tickets. The price is the time investment to get all those tickets since those are limited. Memories of Battle get pretty scarce too when crafting legendary armor or buying other things since you usually require a full stack per item. At least you can buy and soll those.

OP, for me, the skirmish tickets aren't irrelevant at all, and, so far, I've used/spent a crap-ton of Memories of Battle for the WvW goodies -- armor and weapons -- that are available. To date, I've never found myself needing to buy MoB's off the TP. What MoB's I earn during WvW play are more than enough.

With the above said, I've got the complete Medium and Heavy WvW T3 Mistforged Triumphant Hero armor sets, Warbringer back piece, and 3 Mistforged Hero weapons with 7.4K tickets banked presently and still have 18+ stacks of MoB's. (I've also burned quite a few stacks for Gifts of War for my Gen2 legendaries.)

I just play WvW, doing the reward and pip tracks, and I get more MoB's than I can use. So I think the quantity of MoB's we get for our WvW game play is plenty. And until I get all the stuff I want from the vendors, the tickets will have extreme value for me, which includes creating the T3 Legendary armor sets for all 3 weights.