wvw Dying.

Beowulf.5678

Zero incentive to play wvw reward wise (the worst reward system in the whole game, its a joke...). Lag issues with their engine from 1999 hasn't been resolved. Nothing new in this game game in years. Of course its dying. Every game mode dies when their devs have forgotten its in their game.

> @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> Zero incentive to play wvw reward wise (the worst reward system in the whole game, its a joke...). Lag issues with their engine from 1999 hasn't been resolved. Nothing new in this game game in years. Of course its dying. Every game mode dies when their devs have forgotten its in their game.

Poor mans mechanics gamemode :(

Game-play bugs are the new innovative way of adding features :dizzy:

Iiiiiit's Suuuuuuummmmmer! Of course populations are down. People are out, you know, doing stuff, going on vacation, BBQing, etc.

Not to mention the game is old. Old games lose players all the time. Weirdly enough my guild has gotten several "new to the game" players recently that are loving the game, so....

According to the forums WvW has been dead since 2014. Doesn't stop the current Bandwagon server from having near triple digit q's on reset night for every map.

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> alliance needs to be tested asap.

>

> battle of azeroth is in 2 weeks.

WoW PvE is BORRRINNNNGGGGG! Call me when WoW has any decent PvP that isn't solely reliant on a rotation.

> @"Straegen.2938" said:

> According to the forums WvW has been dead since 2014. Doesn't stop the current Bandwagon server from having near triple digit q's on reset night for every map.

>

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > alliance needs to be tested asap.

> >

> > battle of azeroth is in 2 weeks.

>

> WoW PvE is BORRRINNNNGGGGG! Call me when WoW has any decent PvP that isn't solely reliant on a rotation.

it is a preference thing. i like wow pve. =) and open world pvp is now a choice thing in all servers.

also the epic battlegrounds 40v40 is fun.

on that note. i hope anet considers the 40vs 40 formate of wow and apply it to eotm. since eotm is essentially gg dead.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> Still seems pretty active to me

Same for me. My guild still runs WvW everyday, I can fight with them if I want or I can just roam around, flip camps, sentries or sometimes towers, and I can still find people to fight with little to no trouble. The worst week so far for me was when people moved to SoR and it was impossible to fight the HoD and SoR link - yet I just took a break from zerging and roamed instead, and it honestly didn't bother me that much.

> @"Straegen.2938" said:

> According to the forums WvW has been dead since 2014. Doesn't stop the current Bandwagon server from having near triple digit q's on reset night for every map.

>

According to the forums, gw2 been dying since first week after launch. Willing to bet a beer that someone managed to complain about in pre-launch or beta even.

> @"Straegen.2938" said:

>

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > alliance needs to be tested asap.

> >

> > battle of azeroth is in 2 weeks.

>

> WoW PvE is BORRRINNNNGGGGG! Call me when WoW has any decent PvP that isn't solely reliant on a rotation.

Gw2 isnt much diferent xD stack n rotate that how tyria rolls...

No it isn't dying, however it definitely is not as strong as it once was. A lot of the Old Guard have moved on and have been replaced by newer players. That is where the frustration lies for the old players still here. Newer players came with newer meta shifts, for example hot and all It brought to the table, this has fundamentally shifted the game. What we're witnessing now both on the forums and in game is a push and pull between old and new. Personally I prefer the old but I respect the new.

> @"Trajan.4953" said:

> No it isn't dying, however it definitely is not as strong as it once was. A lot of the Old Guard have moved on and have been replaced by newer players. That is where the frustration lies for the old players still here. Newer players came with newer meta shifts, for example hot and all It brought to the table, this has fundamentally shifted the game. What we're witnessing now both on the forums and in game is a push and pull between old and new. Personally I prefer the old but I respect the new.

The meta is the result of the balance due to PoF specs. It's slowly changing more melee / HoT-era again.

The new players replacing the old is also the result of HoT mostly. HoT started with several months of severe neglect of WvW, often being unplayable. (Desert BL in it's most broken form, rev hitting 15 players, doublehitting players, 2s CD, insane powercreep we were forced into pve for, lagfest every 2 hours, ...)

We got a large increase in reward-baited players off WvW restructuring + gliding additions, including many who aim for skins / backpack / legendary armor. These new players do play a different style.

WvW isn't dying as in : there is a lack of players. Organised WvW play is very much dying and a dead horse repeatedly being beaten. Coordinated severs on EU are more rare than heavily pug-dominated servers. Guilds are increasingly more rare. I can't even name 3 competitive guilds that are actively raiding in EU. I can't even name 5 if I include the ones currently on break.

So having commanders to follow? Having guilds to play with? Any type of high level gameplay? Very much dying. The pugs are still grinding their rewards semi-afk telling us it's very much alive; but I think the quality of WvW is quickly decreasing. And as it decreases, so does its dedicated playerbase. It's not difficult to find "replacement" players for the numbers by adding grindy rewards; but for fun and entertainment someone who enjoys what they're doing is much healthier than someone who grinds rewards at the expense of others.

> @"Dami.5046" said:

> Stop hugging onto your meta builds so tight for one. NO profession should be made to feel exempt from anything GW2 has to offer.

They aren't exempt. And I think the word you are looking for is excluded.

Nothing about 'playing your way' guaranteed you a spot in any squad. If your server commanders won't allow you into their squad then you have four choices:

- change your style and build to what they need

- Run along and take the risk of getting dragged into a mess without knowing the reason

- run your own tag

- Transfer to a server that would welcome your class.

Note the last two have similar in game gold cost.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Dami.5046" said:

> > Stop hugging onto your meta builds so tight for one. NO profession should be made to feel exempt from anything GW2 has to offer.

>

> They aren't exempt. And I think the word you are looking for is excluded.

>

> Nothing about 'playing your way' guaranteed you a spot in any squad. If your server commanders won't allow you into their squad then you have four choices:

>

> - change your style and build to what they need

> - Run along and take the risk of getting dragged into a mess without knowing the reason

> - run your own tag

> - Transfer to a server that would welcome your class.

>

> Note the last two have similar in game gold cost.

Doesn't really help any issue people have in wvw dying. Put up or shut up, wouldn't of expected any less.