Too many pull mechanics

Bast.7253

I’ve always hated pull mechanics in this mode, especially when you’re a small group trying to defend a cap against a larger one. But I’ve noticed lately that there seem to be some pulls that are completely ignoring los and nearly pulling you up from staircases over the edge right into the 60 red circles of instant death. Just makes it really difficult to attempt to defend when you can’t stand on the edge due to ranged aoe spam and can’t stand even somewhat close due to pulls. So then you’re left with arrow carts which have been needed and do next to no damage depending on their comp.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> I miss the old Stability.. the stack based one is utterly useless I find.

>

> Here you go 3 whole stacks of Stability.. Awesome how.. oh it's gone and i'm being pinballed again great..

So much this. Assuming your stab doesn't get boonripped or corrupted, the stacks are almost instantly overwhelmed by CC spam. Every ability in the game that gives stab should have its stacks at least doubled. I don't think that'd be OP or force a return to meleeball meta. Pirate ship is here to stay, like it or not. Too much boon hate in the game for anything else.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> Just yesterday we played against a guild squad where at least half their scourges brought Spectral Grasp. It was absolutely infuriatng when half your squad gets suddenly picked off the tag because of some tiny projectile

Spectral Grasp is a projectile finisher that targets 5 people. What do you think happens when you REFLECT a projectile finisher?

Tip: it’s funny. ?

> @"Brother.1504" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > Just yesterday we played against a guild squad where at least half their scourges brought Spectral Grasp. It was absolutely infuriatng when half your squad gets suddenly picked off the tag because of some tiny projectile

>

> Spectral Grasp is a projectile finisher that targets 5 people. What do you think happens when you REFLECT a projectile finisher?

>

> Tip: it’s funny. ?

Sometimes I wish I had more than one reflect on a 20 second cooldown :(

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"Brother.1504" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > Just yesterday we played against a guild squad where at least half their scourges brought Spectral Grasp. It was absolutely infuriatng when half your squad gets suddenly picked off the tag because of some tiny projectile

> >

> > Spectral Grasp is a projectile finisher that targets 5 people. What do you think happens when you REFLECT a projectile finisher?

> >

> > Tip: it’s funny. ?

>

> Sometimes I wish I had more than one reflect on a 20 second cooldown :(

That’s why you fight with your friends. When the enemy uses cheesy mechanics. Punish them for it. Make them launch half their back line into your bomb a few times and they will change strategy. Good luck.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> Ele needs a pull on sword. :tongue:

Tidal Wave, Big aoe targets afected float inside a large tidal wave and get pulled towards caster. :<

Elementalist also need a Blizzard, not only chilling but freezing(CC) targets.

Battlemage with shield:<

> @"Brother.1504" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > Just yesterday we played against a guild squad where at least half their scourges brought Spectral Grasp. It was absolutely infuriatng when half your squad gets suddenly picked off the tag because of some tiny projectile

>

> Spectral Grasp is a projectile finisher that targets 5 people. What do you think happens when you REFLECT a projectile finisher?

>

> Tip: it’s funny. ?

Yes indeed. Scary to pop SG and whip yourself right into the middle of the enemy zerg.

> @"Kaiser.9873" said:

> > @"Brother.1504" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > Just yesterday we played against a guild squad where at least half their scourges brought Spectral Grasp. It was absolutely infuriatng when half your squad gets suddenly picked off the tag because of some tiny projectile

> >

> > Spectral Grasp is a projectile finisher that targets 5 people. What do you think happens when you REFLECT a projectile finisher?

> >

> > Tip: it’s funny. ?

>

> Yes indeed. Scary to pop SG and whip yourself right into the middle of the enemy zerg.

This made me log in on my necro to put on SG in WvW. Time to have dumb fun again.

> @"misterman.1530" said:

> Does the Engi skill Magnet ignore Stab altogether? Its skill description says it's "unblockable". I know I've popped stab, and been immediately pulled off of walls, so am wondering.

>

Pull your target to you.

Range.png Range: 1,200

Miscellaneous effect: Unblockable

— In-game description [?]

That would be correct good sir and/or madam. Its the same thing for Thief's Basilisk Venom. Unblockable

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > @"misterman.1530" said:

> > Does the Engi skill Magnet ignore Stab altogether? Its skill description says it's "unblockable". I know I've popped stab, and been immediately pulled off of walls, so am wondering.

> >

>

>

>

> Pull your target to you.

>

> Range.png Range: 1,200

> Miscellaneous effect: Unblockable

>

> — In-game description [?]

>

> That would be correct good sir and/or madam. Its the same thing for Thief's Basilisk Venom. Unblockable

Which is what I thought. I wonder why that is? I mean, why are some skills like that unblockable by design? There are traits/skills (soulbeast has one) that makes attacks unblockable for a short time when they trigger - but why would there be one that totally ignores Stability as part of the intrinsic design of the skill? It makes no sense, balance-wise. I mean, it's almost as stupid as a Necro's Fear being blockable.

> @"misterman.1530" said:

> Does the Engi skill Magnet ignore Stab altogether? Its skill description says it's "unblockable". I know I've popped stab, and been immediately pulled off of walls, so am wondering.

>

Its unblockable meaning it can't be blocked bit its definitely negated by stability.

Thief basilisk venom is also unblockable bit it tends to land because thieves use it with steal, so the steal lands because basilisk makes it unblockable then it steals your stab and stuns you.

Honestly, the current stability system is the bigger problem. With the hard CC spam brought by the newer elites combined with all the boon hate out there, the crappy stack system needs to go. Revert back to old stab mechanics, or at least double or even triple how many stacks we currently get.

That being said, immob tends to get me killed more than pulls do, and stab does nothing for that.