Trinity

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am afraid the "trinity" will never return to Guild Wars 2.

One of the core philosophies of this game was to move away from the standard tank/healer/DPS that is prevalent in almost _every other MMORPG_ on the market. Personally, I feel they have done this remarkably well and I doubt they will ever return to it.

As a side note, the only play in the game that I can think of this appearing in some form would be raids. If you are really looking for the more traditional setup, give raids a go.

I don't understand this thread. This game easily has the strictest trinity-system I've ever met in any MMORPG - at least in raids. Whoever had the idea to stack the most important support-functions onto the designated tank- and healing-specs needs some serious tutoring on healthy game-development.

> @"Keira Wildflower.7304" said:

> Can we bring back the trinity? It is the most balanced system to date and it promotes teamwork and hinders trolls.

In order to bring back a strict trinity it would have needed to exist here in the first place and it has not while I have been here.

This game does not lend itself well to that and was not designed around it.

It works fine the way it is. At this point in the games history as well this is not even something that is regularly complained about anymore. I am just guessing but I am thinking that you are in the small minority of players who want this or even cares to still discuss it.

Thank you for being civil about it but I don't think that it is the right direction for this game to take. Maybe in the future they will try a more classic game like that but who can say.

While I think it would have been better for the game if they had embraced the trinity from the start, I don't think turning the game on its head now is a viable strategy. The entire house of cards is built upon the non-trinity foundation at this point. For good or ill, I think we're riding this train until it runs out of track.

> @"Keira Wildflower.7304" said:

> Can we bring back the trinity? It is the most balanced system to date and it promotes teamwork and hinders trolls.

It's already back! With an extra!

Chrono Tank

Druid Healer

Warrior Bannerslave

DPS

Now i just hope Arena Net gets of the lazy chair and starts adding out-of-expansion Elite Specs so they can grow the Roster and leave the Holy Trinity state into the better "no-trinity" one where any class can fill those roles equally effectively or at least there's 2-3 Elites per role.

Since Raids and even since HoT released, GW2 has been in it's worse state ever in regards to it's balance. The power creep brought by Elites without enough choices of Elite Specializations diminished the game a lot.

And unless they stop using semantics excuses (like when they renamed Traits into Specializations, to quash the critics that if there's only one, then it's not really specializing), and saving the improvements for the biennial Expansions, it will be 4-6+ years until we reach a critical mass of specializations that allows for that issue to resolve itself.

But it's highly unlikely that this will ever come to pass, Arena net since HoT has shown to be in a state of not risking anything and doing the least possible to profit the most possible. Every time something gets suggested the answer is always in the vein of "too much work", and "have to prioritize new content"... Well... That's not working great.