3rd Party Apps!

SevR.6429

So I was playing WvW yesterday. **Inside** a Tower fixing a wall I was targeted and hit by a rangers hail of arrows?!?! WTF! I was standing on the backside of the ramparts closest to the safe outpost and was targeted by an elementalist's ground targeting skills! Where is the line of sight? I witnessed a fight with a necromancer that had ground targeted Scourge skills, follow with the character. A player I was talking with stated it was a due to a 3rd party cursor/targeting application. I dunno wth is going on but this sucks, and reflects poorly on any kind of competitive game play. For starters please encrypt (better if need be) the game that resides in the memory map.

Any plans on fixing this Arena Net?

If you encrypt whats in the ram, how are you supposed to read it?

A necromancer using scourge skills... thats a scourge. AoE skills are also called AoE skills due to their AoE, something like the longbow barrage easily hits the width of a wall if they aim it good and not all AoE require LoS (I dont use ele so dunno if it still works, scepter has been popular for that in the past).

The program in memory is encrypted/decrypted by the client software, therefore keeping hacks (a.k.a. 3rd party apps) from reading/injecting code.

It seems I am not making myself clear enough. The targeting circle for the rangers hail of arrows was on the **INSIDE** of the Tower wall around me, this shouldn't be able to be done, w/out a hack of course. Scourge ground targeting systems are static once cast, thy don't travel under the player.

They can barrage behind walls with no gap and also I seen ele's ms behind walls as well. Seen more of it past few weeks. If I would have to give an example of the distance it's like the back part of their circle is the distance from the tactivators to the inner wall of green keep, when you see it it will definitely make you do a double take. Another example is an ele outside facing durious side, the whole ms circle is on the supply depot inside sm. I know some can be done from resolution/windowed mode/camera settings but there is also a third party app out there. I remember back in 2k16 seeing a meteor shower in the middle of anza tower coming from an ele that was outside facing dredge and also on the old ogrewatch (all on walls with no gate).

SeVR, I cannot speak for Ele, but Anet fixed a _6 year old Ranger bug_ regarding Barrage not needing line of sight back in May. Since that update, my Ranger has been able to Barrage well over walls and into the middle of a tower:

Ranger

•Barrage: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being targeted in certain areas blocked by line of sight.

Reference:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/39192/game-update-notes-may-8-2018#latest

So I went in with my ranger and tried to hit inside of the Tower with Barrage, so far I couldn't, the circle rides up the wall. It does **NOT** run down the side of the inner wall (not gate) as I stated. I'll keep playing with the Ranger, I'm 90% sure I won't be able to duplicate the scenario. From what I've read just this afternoon, it's a special cursor that allows players to "keep target" through walls, with just a slight crack. How pathetic.

Manifest Sand Shade is **STATIC** on the ground, **DOES NOT** travel with a player, unless...

Thanks for most of the posts!

I really would like to hear on if Anet going to start encrypting the program in memory.

> @"SevR.6429" said:

> So I went in with my ranger and tried to hit inside of the Tower with Barrage, so far I couldn't, the circle rides up the wall. It does **NOT** run down the side of the inner wall (not gate) as I stated. I'll keep playing with the Ranger, I'm 90% sure I won't be able to duplicate the scenario. From what I've read just this afternoon, it's a special cursor that allows players to "keep target" through walls, with just a slight crack. How pathetic.

> Manifest Sand Shade is **STATIC** on the ground, **DOES NOT** travel with a player, unless...

> Thanks for most of the posts!

> I really would like to hear on if Anet going to start encrypting the program in memory.

im pretty sure that nekro f skills activate once around the shade and once around the necro, traveling with said necro. thats how it used to be an i think still works, only the effect around the shades are static

> @"SevR.6429" said:

> So I went in with my ranger and tried to hit inside of the Tower with Barrage, so far I couldn't, the circle rides up the wall. It does **NOT** run down the side of the inner wall (not gate) as I stated. I'll keep playing with the Ranger, I'm 90% sure I won't be able to duplicate the scenario. From what I've read just this afternoon, it's a special cursor that allows players to "keep target" through walls, with just a slight crack. How pathetic.

> Manifest Sand Shade is **STATIC** on the ground, **DOES NOT** travel with a player, unless...

> I really would like to hear on if Anet going to start encrypting the program in memory.

The AoE that moves with a scourge is the desert shroud effect.

Desert Shroud:

"Enter the desert shroud, gaining a powerful barrier and pulsing necrotic energy **around you and your sand shades**."

[https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Desert_Shroud](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Desert_Shroud "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Desert_Shroud")

So while the sand shades are static the pulses of desert shroud affect the shades and an area around the Necro and it moves with the Necro. It is working as intended.

It's pretty easy actually. Make sure you set your Camera options to the far right for: Vertical position near and far.

The go on your Ranger and get right up close and personal to a wall... or gate especially... and see how much you can hit. Pretty cool actually. And NOW you can actually hit people outside the wall on catas without having to stand right on the edge where you insta-die.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > No worse then being near the bottom of the stairs and chain pulled over the top to your death!!!

>

> Or when ur tink ur safe inside the portal and some mesmer does 8 straight pulls and u end outside dead.

>

> Quite funny i must say.

Yeah, that's why I moved further in. Doesn't help though, lol.

Another player accusing others without finding out what is and isn't actually possible.

Barrage recently had a line of sight change. You can infact cast it anywhere within range WITHOUT needing to have a direct line of sight. So for example, at red keep in ebg you can put your mouse on those pesky ac's on the supply hut that everyone thinks cant be hit and target your barrage on them. You can stand outside a tower and direct your mouse vaguely inside and barrage will fire. This is not a cheat or zoom hack. Its how the ability now works. Rangers are now useful for killing siege in out of the way places.

First let me state I like to play WvW, not new at it also not a far seasoned vet. But I know what I've seen, my attempts to explain it to other players here seems to have failed. I should have taken screen shots of where the circles were or better yet a video. I know the three (not one) things I've seen are the aid of 3rd party hacks which exist, as stated that some of the posters apparently didn't read.

If you need to see for yourself, get out of your google bubble, get the onion and go deep diving to find them.

There are players using scripts for executing multiple key bindings. I know this because they are former guild mates, it all can be done.

Logically, if someone can use a DPS meter/item viewer another hack can be made. Less so if Anet starts to encrypt the game in memory.

> @"Celsith.2753" said:

>

> Another player accusing others without finding out what is and isn't actually possible.

It seems you haven't read (READ don't skim before you post).

If you prefer to bury your head in the sand an think everything is okay, and I am incorrect, great! Everyone has their own views. If I were wrong, move on no need to post anything.

I won't do that, in life or gaming.

The only thing left for posting is if Anet (from Anet) if they plan on doing anything.

> @"SevR.6429" said:

> First let me state I like to play WvW, not new at it also not a far seasoned vet. But I know what I've seen, my attempts to explain it to other players here seems to have failed. I should have taken screen shots of where the circles were or better yet a video. I know the three (not one) things I've seen are the aid of 3rd party hacks which exist, as stated that some of the posters apparently didn't read.

> If you need to see for yourself, get out of your google bubble, get the onion and go deep diving to find them.

> There are players using scripts for executing multiple key bindings. I know this because they are former guild mates, it all can be done.

> Logically, if someone can use a DPS meter/item viewer another hack can be made. Less so if Anet starts to encrypt the game in memory.

>

> > @"Celsith.2753" said:

> >

> > Another player accusing others without finding out what is and isn't actually possible.

> It seems you haven't read (READ don't skim before you post).

>

> If you prefer to bury your head in the sand an think everything is okay, and I am incorrect, great! Everyone has their own views. If I were wrong, move on no need to post anything.

> I won't do that, in life or gaming.

>

> The only thing left for posting is if Anet (from Anet) if they plan on doing anything.

You are correct that commenters haven't seen what you have. That would be because you haven't posted a video of what you saw.

They have done what Anet would have to do based on your post: **speculate**.

Which is not going to get your Desired result.

If you can't record, or are unwilling to record, I am afraid that your pursuit is perceived as little more than an ignorance of the features of the classes involved.

With video, your point would be much more eloquent and possibly even more convincing.

> @"SevR.6429" said:

Its LoS. I reported something similar when first saw this in the bug forum. Have screenshot in that thread too:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/42707/wvw-ranger-longbow-skill-5-exploited#latest

What i have tested and you have to do in options:

Increase "Field of View" to max

Increase "Vertical Position Near" to Max

Increase "Vertical Position Far" to Max.

You now will be able to other side of wall if you position yourself correctly. I have tested this with ranger class and it works. Very easy to take out siege on top supply hut etc.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > No worse then being near the bottom of the stairs and chain pulled over the top to your death!!!

>

> Or when ur tink ur safe inside the portal and some mesmer does 8 straight pulls and u end outside dead.

>

> Quite funny i must say.

OMG thanks for mentioning this, the amount of times I've been pulled into the portal only to end up outside being bombed by 20-30 players lmao Thought I might have been the only one

> @"Sleepwalker.1398" said:

> > @"SevR.6429" said:

> > So I went in with my ranger and tried to hit inside of the Tower with Barrage, so far I couldn't, the circle rides up the wall. It does **NOT** run down the side of the inner wall (not gate) as I stated. I'll keep playing with the Ranger, I'm 90% sure I won't be able to duplicate the scenario. From what I've read just this afternoon, it's a special cursor that allows players to "keep target" through walls, with just a slight crack. How pathetic.

> > Manifest Sand Shade is **STATIC** on the ground, **DOES NOT** travel with a player, unless...

> > Thanks for most of the posts!

> > I really would like to hear on if Anet going to start encrypting the program in memory.

>

> Its LoS. I reported something similar when first saw this in the bug forum. Have screenshot in that thread too:

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/42707/wvw-ranger-longbow-skill-5-exploited#latest

>

> What i have tested and you have to do in options:

> Increase "Field of View" to max

> Increase "Vertical Position Near" to Max

> Increase "Vertical Position Far" to Max.

> You now will be able to other side of wall if you position yourself correctly. I have tested this with ranger class and it works. Very easy to take out siege on top supply hut etc.

This is exactly what he is seeing from his description. The easy way to test this for yourself is hop on your ranger, go to a tower or keep that has a gap between the top of the gate and the wall above it - like Ogrewatch - aim your camera thru the gap, place your mouse pointer anywhere on the ground inside the tower and hit you barrage skill. Voila you are now shooting everyone inside the tower.

You don't even need to do that. Just stand at long range and aim your mouse as far away as you can and hit barrage. It'll still fire and it'll be at max range. Which will be over the wall. No hacks, no cheat programs. Barrage was changed to be this way a month or two ago and i've been trying to tell the rangers on my servers about the change ever since. Apparently it's hard to grasp.

When people are explaining to you how the ability was changed and giving you scenarios in which to test it for yourself I don't know what else they can do for you.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > No worse then being near the bottom of the stairs and chain pulled over the top to your death!!!

> >

> > Or when ur tink ur safe inside the portal and some mesmer does 8 straight pulls and u end outside dead.

> >

> > Quite funny i must say.

>

> OMG thanks for mentioning this, the amount of times I've been pulled into the portal only to end up outside being bombed by 20-30 players lmao Thought I might have been the only one

Alot of skills have its LoS broken, ment to be that way i guess.

I always have my FOV as far out as possible at all times, in all RPG games. Except in Guild wars 2 Jumping Puzzles I find those easiest to do zoomed in more like the FOV I use in Quake-3A/L/C. I still have not been able to target the **inside wall** of a Tower wall with Barrage. It's possible that now without the LoS requirement is how the aiming hax can target the **inside wall** of a Tower.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> You are correct that commenters haven't seen what you have. That would be because you haven't posted a video of what you saw.

>

> They have done what Anet would have to do based on your post: **speculate**.

>

> Which is not going to get your Desired result.

>

> If you can't record, or are unwilling to record, I am afraid that your pursuit is perceived as little more than an ignorance of the features of the classes involved.

>

> With video, your point would be much more eloquent and possibly even more convincing.

Some of this is true. Have no fear it's okay, the target group would understand. DPS meters/Equipped item viewers/Special Cursors exist which solidifies that the game has hax. If one/then two... However my post had nothing to do with other players and their opinions of what happened. I've been doing IT/CSS for a while now, and I know that Arena Net has their own CSS team. This post was directed towards that team to let them know it's getting this bad, which was my desired result. If they are like the team I'm on, in which most are, they would know how it's being done and what needs to be done. Which is why I mentioned encrypting the game residing in memory which is where the hax start. I would really like to see that implemented.