• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully they remember to add the batwing brew as well.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Anyone know how to deactivate the MArriner's Horn once equipped? Seems there's no "stop playing" function so there isn't a way of returning to my weapons short of logging out. The drop bundle button is greyed out unlike on other instruments

Click the button that was used to equip it again?

> @"Kelly.7019" said:

> the problem with adding all those tonics is you'd only be able to have one, ONE avail at a time if they keep the current method. It'd be better if they allowed you to use any four from whatever category you wanted. I often switch up my kites/ balloons when im in a costume. after adding them to the wardrobe i realized i can only have 1 up at a time and it's even more annoying to have to open up the hero tab to switch em out, then just opening my bag and doing it :(

Good point. As it is, you can use the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Friendship_Tonic in conjunction with just about any other type of tonic.

> @"Dreadshow.9320" said:

> Novelties Tab is awesome, just need to add a few items that were miss like endless tonics and the unbreakable choir bell,I mean the Magnanimous Choir Bell is there but not the Unbreakable, probably just an oversight. But Endless Tonics would free up lots of space may be not the Elemental on since you have to select which element but the others...

Read the patch notes and news first before posting (I made the same mistake earlier, ahem). ;)

They said they are working on adding a Tonics tab, and the Unbreakable Choir Bell is added by double-clicking it (in order to obtain a version you can add to the wardrobe). :)

Everything they did is great except for the only 1 item of each category.

The main problem for me with this new novelty tab is not being able to switch between my kites, balloons, music devices, etc. easily.

I'll often color combo my kites with costumes or just decide i want to hold a different one. It's much easier to open my bag and do it then take an additional step thru the hero tab to do it.

**Basically just allow us to add whatever four items we want. The novelties tab can still be sectioned off by type, but when you drag them over it should allow 4 of the same type.**

I'd like to request that some of the transforms and effects from Legendary equipment collections (spirit quest from raid armor, mystic chromatic ooze from juggernaut, wolf totem from howler(?), etc.) also be added alongside the tonics, when you get to those.

And I'd like to second the costume brawl toys. I have the broom, but it doesn't go in the novelties even though there's the broom there.

Please put the endless snowball do dah in when you get a moment, my fellow Reapers seem to be happy so im happy I think?!

Incidentally ive just read the anniversary info graphic, which is always good for a giggle, those poor Bog Skale - im going to make a concerted effort to find one tomorrow and sit there until he kills me.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> Hopefully they remember to add the batwing brew as well.

>

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > Anyone know how to deactivate the MArriner's Horn once equipped? Seems there's no "stop playing" function so there isn't a way of returning to my weapons short of logging out. The drop bundle button is greyed out unlike on other instruments

>

> Click the button that was used to equip it again?

Didnt work

> @"Artanis.4963" said:

> I'd like to request that some of the transforms and effects from Legendary equipment collections (spirit quest from raid armor, mystic chromatic ooze from juggernaut, wolf totem from howler(?), etc.) also be added alongside the tonics, when you get to those.

>

> And I'd like to second the costume brawl toys. I have the broom, but it doesn't go in the novelties even though there's the broom there.

The broom *currently* in the novelties panel is the travelling toy, not the costume brawl toy.

The API seems to be reporting two boon strip values for the new Devouring Darkness ability, is this a bug, or is it intended to strip *five* boons?

{

"text": "Boons Converted to Conditions",

"type": "Number",

"icon": "https://render.guildwars2.com/file/9352ED3244417304995F26CB01AE76BB7E547052/156661.png",

"value": 3

},

{

"text": "Boons Converted to Conditions",

"type": "Number",

"icon": "https://render.guildwars2.com/file/9352ED3244417304995F26CB01AE76BB7E547052/156661.png",

"value": 2

}

I don't own any toys or chairs so for me that excitement passed me by. I was interested in the class changes and I play guardian mostly. So I like the fact that signet of courage pulses more often now (every 3 seconds instead of 10) and I get that you lowered the health gain in accordance with that, but I have to say that all in all, I'm not sure whether I like it better or not. With the 10 seconds it was a useful heal but it didn't happen that often in a fight so it wasn't always that useful but in longer fights when I get hit after using my normal heal I could do a tactical retreat for some seconds and jump back into the fight. It was useful that way.

Now it feels less useful to me because, well, we do take big hits in boss fights and in the above situation I still have to get away and come back except I heal in shorter increments but as after 9 seconds (3x3 heal pulses) it actually heals less than the pulse every 10 seconds I have to wait a bit longer to get back into it.

I mean I'm not a pro-player here. I just do stories and open world basically and that's where I experience such things. I get that the heal also extends to nearby allies but to be honest, I prefer a better heal over time that works just for me. Since in the content I do people are generally running around dodging circles and the group heal is less effective anyway.

For me the pulses in the current way of working should heal more for me to feel this is really an improvement. In the end, I still need to focus on doing damage and having some survivability at the same time. The thing is that we don't take damage slowly, there's a lot of spike damage and the way the signet works now in the passive mode, doesn't really work well for that. I think between how it works now and how it used to work I actually prefer it they way it used to work because at least the heal was significant enough to off set spike damage when it hit. And I effectively have to wait 12 seconds now instead of 10 to get at least the amount I used to get. It'd be great if we took less spike damage but let's be honest, this game mostly does spike damage when it comes to boss fights.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

love the new novelties. had a similar idea a while ago so its great to see this. however there are a few simple improvements to the system and to quality of life i would like to see

1) make all of the novelties panel items unlocked have a inventory item purchasable for free from a certain merchant. the main reason for this is some items are more convenient as inventory items you can click. such as the bobble head and aviator goggles. (sadly i converted them to the wardrobe without thinking about it) this would just fix some issues and would be a EASY quality of life change and fix

2) being able to put whatever novelty you wish in to any of the 4 available slots. being able to mix and match which novelty in which slot will allow the player to say have 4 musical instruments equipped. or really whatever they want which i think is a good idea. after all one of the slots has several items which have totally different functionality so i think coding wise this would be a easy change to allow the system to be more flexible.

3) the ability to favorite a certain amount of novelties. then when right clicking the novelty button which will bring up the 4 available slots, to then have the ability to right click said slots and from the Favorited list novelties show up in a row on the right to click and put in to that slot. this will make switching novelties easy without having to go in to a panel. which for certain one time use novelties (say for example trying to use aviator goggles and bobble head or belchers bluff) would make them easier to use.

4) just waiting on the tonic section ;)

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> While saving up my stuff, i noticed that the executioner's axe isn't getting saved... Won't Costume brawl items like that be added, or will they be added with the tonics (since it kinda works like some tonics).

Noticed this right away. It doesn't look like any of the costume brawl toys (witch's broom, executioner's axe, pirate sword, boxing gloves, etc) made the cut.

Great update and I see a lot of people having fun - but this does seem like a little bit of an oversight.

Im guessing (hoping) it is because they are considered tonics and will be included in that addition.

While saving up my stuff, i noticed that the executioner's axe isn't getting saved... Won't Costume brawl items like that be added, or will they be added with the tonics (since it kinda works like some tonics).

> @"Artanis.4963" said:

> I'd like to request that some of the transforms and effects from Legendary equipment collections (spirit quest from raid armor, mystic chromatic ooze from juggernaut, wolf totem from howler(?), etc.) also be added alongside the tonics, when you get to those.

>

> And I'd like to second the costume brawl toys. I have the broom, but it doesn't go in the novelties even though there's the broom there.

The broom that goes there is the "transport" one... I picked that one from the box we got for free thinking it would be the costume brawl weapon, wanted it for the cat summon, guess i was wrong ^_^

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> I would like them to add the Birthday Blaster to the wardrobe also. There’s really no reason for each of our chars that are over 2 years old to have its own separate Blaster (and I’d love to use it on my low level chars)

Yes, please this! I would really like to use the birthday blaster from my novelties tab and button.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> I don't own any toys or chairs so for me that excitement passed me by. I was interested in the class changes and I play guardian mostly. So I like the fact that signet of courage pulses more often now (every 3 seconds instead of 10) and I get that you lowered the health gain in accordance with that, but I have to say that all in all, I'm not sure whether I like it better or not. With the 10 seconds it was a useful heal but it didn't happen that often in a fight so it wasn't always that useful but in longer fights when I get hit after using my normal heal I could do a tactical retreat for some seconds and jump back into the fight. It was useful that way.

>

> Now it feels less useful to me because, well, we do take big hits in boss fights and in the above situation I still have to get away and come back except I heal in shorter increments but as after 9 seconds (3x3 heal pulses) it actually heals less than the pulse every 10 seconds I have to wait a bit longer to get back into it.

>

> I mean I'm not a pro-player here. I just do stories and open world basically and that's where I experience such things. I get that the heal also extends to nearby allies but to be honest, I prefer a better heal over time that works just for me. Since in the content I do people are generally running around dodging circles and the group heal is less effective anyway.

>

> For me the pulses in the current way of working should heal more for me to feel this is really an improvement. In the end, I still need to focus on doing damage and having some survivability at the same time. The thing is that we don't take damage slowly, there's a lot of spike damage and the way the signet works now in the passive mode, doesn't really work well for that. I think between how it works now and how it used to work I actually prefer it they way it used to work because at least the heal was significant enough to off set spike damage when it hit. And I effectively have to wait 12 seconds now instead of 10 to get at least the amount I used to get. It'd be great if we took less spike damage but let's be honest, this game mostly does spike damage when it comes to boss fights.

>

> Just my thoughts on the matter.

>

Well, I think you misunderstand the use of this skill. It is not for direct personal sustain, at least not the passive, especially not the skill on it's own.

1) It's an aoe regen, but not the boon, so it stacks with regen.

2) Guard has easy access to regen, aoe regen to be specific.

3) Guard can make virtue of resolve aoe via trait. Another regen effect, stacking with actual regen (the boon).

I think you get where I am going. You can stack 3 passive regenerations without even interrupting your attacking. Sure, it may not be that much healing but it helps a lot to fight of small damage and even spike damage if you and your group members avoid getting hit. And guard has so many blocks, aegis, invuln etc... that is no problem at all. So, it actually does what you want it to do but only if you are not taking every hit you could take and that is never a thing you should do. And if the kitten goes down real hard you can use the active to heal 5 people to full in a 1200 radius. That's more than enough for any "oh kitten" situation I think. Works even better with quickness of course but you group should have that covered. It's a multiplayer game after all.

And if you really want to view the skill in a vacuum: The active is the strongest aoe heal (and a massive in radius at that) in the game if used right. I think you can't get more from 1 skill slot.

If this skill would be as strong as you want it to be... oh boy, bunker guard all over again.