Sun's Refuge: a mix between guild halls and Home Instance? [merged]

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was seriously hyped when I saw the video yesterday. I really think something like this would make for a good story hub going forward. Anyone know the location of the Sunspear Sanctuary relative to the GW2 maps?

I've been hoping (and posting) that they could use a scaled down version of a guild hall to build player housing.

> @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> Anyone know the location of the Sunspear Sanctuary relative to the GW2 maps?

If my reading of https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Sunspear_Sanctuary_world_map.jpg (GW1 location of the sanctuary) and https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Kourna/Map (GW1 whole map of Kourna) and https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/2/20/Domain_of_Kourna_map.jpg (GW2 Domain of Kourna map) is correct, it should be just outside the current Domain of Kourna map directly to the west (left) of the north-west (top-left) corner of GW2's Kourna.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> People called out for mounts - we got mounts

> People called out for sitting - we got chairs

> People called out for housing - we look to get that, too

>

>

> And people still say that ANet doesn't listen to the forums.

Wouldnt start calling it Housing until we know more.

As I see it, its more like a Content Hub as one dev said on the stream yesterday.

Don't expect it to be cheap. Don't expect it to be useful. Think of it as your personal GH building experience and you get the gist, at least that's what I'm anticipating. I think it will be like one of the pass-lobbies but with a mat/gold/time-sink of legendary proportions attached. As that I would like it. But I have a strong feeling that this will not come cheap and that there will be lots of crying about all the expensive upgrades, again, think about the GHs.

> @"WhatLiesBeneath.9018" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > People called out for mounts - we got mounts

> > People called out for sitting - we got chairs

> > People called out for housing - we look to get that, too

> >

> >

> > And people still say that ANet doesn't listen to the forums.

>

> Wouldnt start calling it Housing until we know more.

>

> As I see it, its more like a Content Hub as one dev said on the stream yesterday.

I've been saying for awhile that it would be best to do player housing as a Dragon's Watch GH so it could be a content hub back to the old forums. Some people on the forums were negative about it. I'm hoping it turns out to be a Dragon's Watch GH and we capture it via the story.

We don't know if it's housing! Stop claiming or you will be disapointed! It can be another personnal instance just like aurene room. I'm waiting to see if this sunspear thingy is an home instance bis, a simple story instance or a mix between a guildhall and home, we can't affirm anything right now, and want to see if it's well made or like gandara. Let's not sell the bear skin before killed him.

> @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> Really, what I want is something that allows for trophies of content played. I don't even mind having to replay content if that meant that I unlocked some sort of physical trophy I could place in the world and display to my friends.

Like a new Hall of Monuments? I like it!

> I was seriously hyped when I saw the video yesterday. I really think something like this would make for a good story hub going forward. **Anyone know the location of the Sunspear Sanctuary relative to the GW2 maps?**

>

> I've been hoping (and posting) that they could use a scaled down version of a guild hall to build player housing.

This is [That Shaman’s GW/GW2 overlay](https://www.thatshaman.com/tools/guide/?v=4&x=-1642.125&y=1221.25&z=2). The Sunspear Sanctuary is to the NW of the gw2 map of Kourna.

Looks too spacious for a homely personal instance where you unlock NPCs and collections. We'll see what they do with it.

This might end up being the "custom home" content they mentioned didn't make it into Pof, but can be released at the end of a LW before a new one begins. Also why Guild Halls were abandoned to work entirely on this. Hope its more meaningful and doesn't have tiers of redundant rewards.

They said you would be able to rebuild the SETTLEMENT, that to me means it either has a town you can rebuild attached or they're making something completely bigger than it was the first time around...and yes, that is the old Sunspear Sanctuary, which in the ensuing 250 years has been renamed Sun's Refuge.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> What do you want to bet that we’ll need to first clear it of [gigantic insects](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Secure_the_Refuge).

Yeah requiring full squad to do it before the individual can own it.

Then you need to put another 200 levels of scribe on board and endless amounts of grind in order to craft a few pictures for the wall and a statue of ya favourite pet mini....I can see all the same threads popping up again in complaint of the system so I won't be getting to excited just yet.

> > @"WhatLiesBeneath.9018" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > People called out for mounts - we got mounts

> > > People called out for sitting - we got chairs

> > > People called out for housing - we look to get that, too

> > >

> > >

> > > And people still say that ANet doesn't listen to the forums.

> >

> > Wouldnt start calling it Housing until we know more.

> >

> > As I see it, its more like a Content Hub as one dev said on the stream yesterday.

>

> I've been saying for awhile that it would be best to do player housing as a Dragon's Watch GH so it could be a content hub back to the old forums. Some people on the forums were negative about it. I'm hoping it turns out to be a Dragon's Watch GH and we capture it via the story.

The problem with Sun's Refuge being a Dragon's Watch GH is that it's episode 4 content. Which means it can't form the guild's GH if players without episode 4 (and Path of Fire) can't visit it. This is also what can limit this feature in terms of content available. Unless of course Sun's Refuge is core content and is not only available to those with Episode 4, that's a different story.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > > @"WhatLiesBeneath.9018" said:

> > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > People called out for mounts - we got mounts

> > > > People called out for sitting - we got chairs

> > > > People called out for housing - we look to get that, too

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > And people still say that ANet doesn't listen to the forums.

> > >

> > > Wouldnt start calling it Housing until we know more.

> > >

> > > As I see it, its more like a Content Hub as one dev said on the stream yesterday.

> >

> > I've been saying for awhile that it would be best to do player housing as a Dragon's Watch GH so it could be a content hub back to the old forums. Some people on the forums were negative about it. I'm hoping it turns out to be a Dragon's Watch GH and we capture it via the story.

>

> The problem with Sun's Refuge being a Dragon's Watch GH is that it's episode 4 content. Which means it can't form the guild's GH if players without episode 4 (and Path of Fire) can't visit it. This is also what can limit this feature in terms of content available. Unless of course Sun's Refuge is core content and is not only available to those with Episode 4, that's a different story.

When they talk about the Sun’s Refuge it sounded like its going to work as a Content Hub but also as a starting point for new people to get into the lore and bits of the story they’d missed.

I for one think Sun’s Refuge will count as Path of Fire content and be available to anyone with it, and not locked behind any specific Living World Episode.

But if you do have specific Living World Episodes, you’ll have more content and alot of different things to do, more things will show up there etc.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"WhatLiesBeneath.9018" said:

> > I for one think Sun’s Refuge will count as Path of Fire content and be available to anyone with it, and not locked behind any specific Living World Episode.

>

> This remains a problem, unless Dragon's Watch doesn't exist in the next expansion (which is unlikely)

May I ask whats the problem? They can include this in whatever product they decide to release, but have different content for you in there.

They have new Tech that allows them to hide things for you now.

Edit: We could also see them start releasing new ones with future Expansions. Just as Guild Halls works.