Precursor weapons on Mystic Forge

I don't know of anyone putting 3 or 4 precursors in together but I know people have accidentally put a precursor in with other exotic weapons. Usually because they were working through an inventory full of exotics as quickly as they could and failed to notice a precursor came out until they saw it disappear.

They just act as normal exotics, you don't get anything special from them and you're highly unlikely to even get another precursor back.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> It treats them as 4 exotics

Correct. A related (and potentially more expensive test) is combining four exclusive dyes (e.g. Sand Shark or Incandescent). Zomorros treats them like any 'ordinary' rare dye, except there's no chance of getting an exclusive dye from that combination.

Currently the cheapest precursor is running ~40-45 gold on the TP, so each test of the OP's question is a mere 180g or less.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > IMO it would be nice if a small symbol is placed next to the name so ppl can ID the precursor.

>

> so the text on said weapon This weapon is used to craft the legendary .... aint clue enough?

that's only when you actually read the description, not a clue when you only see a name.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > IMO it would be nice if a small symbol is placed next to the name so ppl can ID the precursor.

> >

> > so the text on said weapon This weapon is used to craft the legendary .... aint clue enough?

>

> that's only when you actually read the description, not a clue when you only see a name.

Then use the head and read? That's not hard to do, especially when someone is TRYING to get a Precursor.

I have nothing against a marker being added to precursors, so that more people can avoid paying attention to the details the game already conveys. But

* It hardly seems necessary. Not that many people forge exotics at all.

* And I am 99% sure that a lot of the people who don't bother to check what they are throwing into the forge would also fail to notice a "I'm a precursor" marker.

> @"calb.3128" said:

> > @"The Ronin.4673" said:

> > hello,

> > anyone already try to put 3 or 4 precursor weapons on mystic forge ? what they get from it?

>

> Send me three or four precursors and I'll let you know. :3

Let me guess: they turn into several hundred gold, and possibly a Legendary. :D

Hello!

You can put 4 pres on the Forge, but the Forge button never actives.

You can put 3 exos and one pre on the Forge, but the Forge button never actives.

You can put any amount of exos mixed with any amount of pres, but the Forges button never actives.

You can put 3 pres and use Mystic Stones, but the Forges button never actives.

Looks like it is a foolproof method to avoid people tossing pres together on the Mystic Forge.

Have fun and good luck.

Side note: Anytime you put a pre on the Forge, all the other weapons go gray [the rare (obiously since it is an exo), the exos and the other pres too], then you will need to "force" the other items you want dragging those to the Forge.

> @"Leon de Damasco.8105" said:

> Hello!

> You can put 4 pres on the Forge, but the Forge button never actives.

> You can put 3 exos and one pre on the Forge, but the Forge button never actives.

> You can put any amount of exos mixed with any amount of pres, but the Forges button never actives.

> You can put 3 pres and use Mystic Stones, but the Forges button never actives.

> Looks like it is a foolproof method to avoid people tossing pres together on the Mystic Forge.

> Have fun and good luck.

>

> Side note: Anytime you put a pre on the Forge, all the other weapons go gray [the rare (obiously since it is an exo), the exos and the other pres too], then you will need to "force" the other items you want dragging those to the Forge.

>

Wonder when this change was pushed through was it undocumented?

It never did, i guess it was a suggestion.

And as for OP - it has been tried before, and the results are as already described - the forge treats them as any other level 80 exotic.

Just so you know, precursors are not mechanically a separate category of items. They are just named exotics that happen to be used in a legendary forging recipe. That's all.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Leon de Damasco.8105" said:

> > Hello!

> > You can put 4 pres on the Forge, but the Forge button never actives.

> > You can put 3 exos and one pre on the Forge, but the Forge button never actives.

> > You can put any amount of exos mixed with any amount of pres, but the Forges button never actives.

> > You can put 3 pres and use Mystic Stones, but the Forges button never actives.

> > Looks like it is a foolproof method to avoid people tossing pres together on the Mystic Forge.

> > Have fun and good luck.

> >

> > Side note: Anytime you put a pre on the Forge, all the other weapons go gray [the rare (obiously since it is an exo), the exos and the other pres too], then you will need to "force" the other items you want dragging those to the Forge.

> >

>

> Wonder when this change was pushed through was it undocumented?

It was documented, but this change is years ago.