Balance 02/10

breno.5423

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"coro.3176" said:

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > Another balance patch in the middle of a season.

> > Anet competent as always.

> >

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/56372/balance-update-2-october-2018/p2

>

> Are you complaining? More frequent balance patches are good! It beats waiting 4 months.

OP complains about everything. Small balance updates are fine during the season which is what this is going to be.

> @"coro.3176" said:

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > Another balance patch in the middle of a season.

> > Anet competent as always.

> >

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/56372/balance-update-2-october-2018/p2

>

> Are you complaining? More frequent balance patches are good! It beats waiting 4 months.

Its fine to change the meta drastically in the middle of the season, you're right

> @"breno.5423" said:

> > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > Another balance patch in the middle of a season.

> > > Anet competent as always.

> > >

> > > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/56372/balance-update-2-october-2018/p2

> >

> > Are you complaining? More frequent balance patches are good! It beats waiting 4 months.

>

> Its fine to change the meta drastically in the middle of the season, you're right

"drastically" hahahahhaa

This is what was said:

"‘Allo Fellow Tyrians,

We wanted to let you know that next Tuesday the Systems team will be releasing a smaller balance update. This update is coming out a bit earlier than we normally release a balance pass – consider it a little bonus! The release is focused around updating some weapon traits to make them more broadly usable and splitting some skills between game modes.

Cheers,

The ArenaNet Systems Team"

Splitting skills seems to imply there will be PvP side nerfs. Weapon traits? Who knows?

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > Shatterstone damage increased by 20%.

> >

> > Mesmer focus was kinda unused in PVP, so we decides to reduce all cooldowns by 50% and let it spawn two phantasms. For fun.

> >

> > I'm so hyped.

>

> Even that wouldn't result in mesmer focus being run in PvP.

Zeromis uses it to win pretty much every monthly at on NA. He did play the conventional condi build though when they went against rank 55 for the woodenpotatoes tourney.

Becuase they droped the last balance patch in the beginning of the season and that turned necro into a super power house. I am really looking foward to this one. I hope it lowers some of reapers dps. 3 more months of this kind of op spin to win power reaper is not healthy game play at all nor is it fun with it happening in everygame and sometimes have 2 spin to win necros can be a real frustrating ting...

You have to let go of this anger twords irregular balance patchs or rather the scarcity of them. Just be glad to have it and to have the devs put there attention into pvp balance instead of mounts, gem store items, or pve living world agendas.

Anet is a pve company now, long gone are the days of gw1 pvp scene got to get over that sorry to say it. It hurts me soul saying it. It will never come back. Maybe it still exsists but i dont know about it.

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> We want more balance patches

> "Ok we shall do smaller things more frequently"

> Why are you balancing mid season.

>

> This community..

Yeah only the meta-chasing bandwaggoners ever protest mid-season balancing. Those with rational and fair points of view are totally in support of mid-season balancing as long as there is good reason for it.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> If they nerf reaper in pve i'm quitting guild wars 2.

>

> Lets hope they don't gut any classes.

> Also hopeful maybe tempest will finally get buffed.If it does become a buffer i'm more certain to stay.

Ele has not been buffed to relevance for the last 4 years, in only got nerfed at every turn since 2015 June. What I am saying is that ele has not been buffed from a trash level to a balanced state since Jon Peters left in 2014 when he dropped the new traits line patch in December 2014 : **Diamond skin and stone heart**; after that ele never received new traits/skills to combat raising power creep, it got shoved more and more into a bunker/support role..until that got nerfed out of existence too.

So expecting relevant buffs to ele **against the office politics dictating balance atm**...no chance in hell

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > If they nerf reaper in pve i'm quitting guild wars 2.

> >

> > Lets hope they don't gut any classes.

> > Also hopeful maybe tempest will finally get buffed.If it does become a buffer i'm more certain to stay.

>

> Ele has not been buffed to relevance for the last 4 years, in only got nerfed at every turn since 2015 June. What I am saying is that ele has not been buffed from a trash level to a balanced state since Jon Peters left in 2014 when he dropped the new traits line patch in December 2014 : **Diamond skin and stone heart**; after that ele never received new traits/skills to combat raising power creep, it got shoved more and more into a bunker/support role..until that got nerfed out of existence too.

>

> So expecting relevant buffs to ele **against the office politics dictating balance atm**...no chance in hell

But they buffed reaper.If they buffed reaper maybe they will finally buff tempest auras and make them good buffers in WVW and raids, we can only dream i guess?

It would also add diversity instead of having your typical druid mesmer firebrand overlords, as you would give a role to a older spec which has to compete with better specs and newer elite spec weaver.Besides we all know the likelyhood of tempest actually being on weaver levels so far is not good.

On top of that auras are something unique to elementalist, so it wouldn't be homogenized, and it probably wouldn't be overpowered anyways when comparing other classes capable of spewing out more buffs.