defiant stance is to op for not being an elite

Tact.8063

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Healing while attacking is normal. If we stay on warrior he also has signet of healing or adrenal health. A basic boon is regen and we got much more.

If you mean healing by getting attacked there got rev a similar one and on lidle different aspect got the guard healed by blocking with aegis.

At all we coud also say rangers heal is op, cause he can dodge and attack while get healed or something like that. The main problem is maybe the overload on effects.

Btw even if we talk about the potential to ignore dmg by condis he still gets affected all other effects like chill. On that case we have stronger options on most classes, at least warrior is one of the most condi weak classes, esp if you can corrupt boons.

But it didn't change his rolle as duellist, cause he still can do more mistakes then other classes, that can counter him or duell onpoint.

Yeah this is the same for Revenants heal... It doesn't always work. So in one case, all damage is stopped no matter what. In the other case I might get healed, but if someone realizes the tell quickly, I don't.... They can kite for a few seconds, then kill me...

It's great in specific situations, just not all the time. And the classes are so different, there are far more factors determining what is powerful in which situation.

• 1 month later...

I agree, this skill really needs nerf. Right now its so OP that absolutely noone uses it apart from newbies and trolls, this really needs to be toned down. I'd say 90 second cooldown, 0.5 second duration, 2 second casting time and you take damage instead of healing from it. BALANCE!

> @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> I agree, this skill really needs nerf. Right now its so OP that absolutely noone uses it apart from newbies and trolls, this really needs to be toned down. I'd say 90 second cooldown, 0.5 second duration, 2 second casting time and you take damage instead of healing from it. BALANCE!

Its so OP that every warrior agreed that it would be unfair to use it and signed a pact to never ever use it.

hahaha I once fought a warrior using defiant stance in WvW. All I had to do was stop attacking him and he was only heal by 1800.

Once in a while I accidental hit him 1 or 2 times and heal him for about 3000, but the green numbers are so obvious!

I do the same thing with revenants, I sometimes attack them full damage when they have their healing skill active so i can have more fun fighting them (I only do this against bad players and backpedalers hehehe)

The OP has a L2P issue.

> @"Ovark.2514" said:

> 5 secs of invuln is a problem. FBF any invuln is a problem.

Great Scotts, vulnerable?

This is heavy doc!

Just stop attacking him during those 5 seconds and he is only going to be heal by a lousy 1800 health. Then you can resume with your attacks and finish him with ease.

> @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > 5 secs of invuln is a problem. FBF any invuln is a problem.

>

> Great Scotts, vulnerable?

> This is heavy doc!

> Just stop attacking him during those 5 seconds and he is only going to be heal by a lousy 1800 health. Then you can resume with your attacks and finish him with ease.

Oh ok, I'll just stop attacking him while he kills me or runs away and has a full heal.

> @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > > 5 secs of invuln is a problem. FBF any invuln is a problem.

> >

> > Great Scotts, vulnerable?

> > This is heavy doc!

> > Just stop attacking him during those 5 seconds and he is only going to be heal by a lousy 1800 health. Then you can resume with your attacks and finish him with ease.

>

> Oh ok, I'll just stop attacking him while he kills me or runs away and has a full heal.

hahahahaha a full heal; WEll folks you have heard it. This guy has a L2P issue.

How in the hell is warrior going to have a full heal if you stop attacking him when defiance stance is up?

the most warrior can heal is 1800 if you dont attack.

Go cry somewhere else, we have heard enough!

> @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > > 5 secs of invuln is a problem. FBF any invuln is a problem.

> >

> > Great Scotts, vulnerable?

> > This is heavy doc!

> > Just stop attacking him during those 5 seconds and he is only going to be heal by a lousy 1800 health. Then you can resume with your attacks and finish him with ease.

>

> Oh ok, I'll just stop attacking him while he kills me or runs away and has a full heal.

Actually yes, exactly. Its a little thing called kiting, which yes you can do against Warriors. They won't full heal if you don't hit them with Defiant Stance active, thats how that works.

Players will frequently stow weapons or kite to avoid things like healing someone using Glint heal or Defiant Stance or Litany of Wrath. Players even do it when a block is active, or when an invuln is used or when Full Counter has been activated.

**Defiant stance is too op for not being an elite**

This thread's title is genius. **Let's make defiant stance an elite skill for warrior so they can run healing signet at the same time.** Then you only have to wait for the shield block, endure pain, full counter and defiant stance cooldowns to be gone. Then you can finally do damage to a warrior meanwhile they're full healing all your damage. But the counterplay is to not attack and just die right? **/sarcasm**

> @"KryTiKaL.3125" said:

> > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > > @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > > > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > > > 5 secs of invuln is a problem. FBF any invuln is a problem.

> > >

> > > Great Scotts, vulnerable?

> > > This is heavy doc!

> > > Just stop attacking him during those 5 seconds and he is only going to be heal by a lousy 1800 health. Then you can resume with your attacks and finish him with ease.

> >

> > Oh ok, I'll just stop attacking him while he kills me or runs away and has a full heal.

>

> Actually yes, exactly. Its a little thing called kiting, which yes you can do against Warriors. They won't full heal if you don't hit them with Defiant Stance active, thats how that works.

>

> Players will frequently stow weapons or kite to avoid things like healing someone using Glint heal or Defiant Stance or Litany of Wrath. Players even do it when a block is active, or when an invuln is used or when Full Counter has been activated.

It seems several people misunderstand me when I said they get a full heal. What I meant was that they use GS5, Bulls Rush, Sword 2, etc. to get out of combat and heal up. Obviously I know how to counter-play a defiant stance.

> @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > @"KryTiKaL.3125" said:

> > > > @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > > > > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > > > > 5 secs of invuln is a problem. FBF any invuln is a problem.

> > > >

> > > > Great Scotts, vulnerable?

> > > > This is heavy doc!

> > > > Just stop attacking him during those 5 seconds and he is only going to be heal by a lousy 1800 health. Then you can resume with your attacks and finish him with ease.

> > >

> > > Oh ok, I'll just stop attacking him while he kills me or runs away and has a full heal.

> >

> > Actually yes, exactly. Its a little thing called kiting, which yes you can do against Warriors. They won't full heal if you don't hit them with Defiant Stance active, thats how that works.

> >

> > Players will frequently stow weapons or kite to avoid things like healing someone using Glint heal or Defiant Stance or Litany of Wrath. Players even do it when a block is active, or when an invuln is used or when Full Counter has been activated.

>

> It seems several people misunderstand me when I said they get a full heal. What I meant was that they use GS5, Bulls Rush, Sword 2, etc. to get out of combat and heal up. Obviously I know how to counter-play a defiant stance.

Defiant Stance lasts 4 seconds, 5 seconds when traited, and it takes about 10 seconds of the player taking no damage or being affected by something from an enemy to successfully get out of combat. If you have your own movement abilities you should be able to keep up with a Warrior who does this, or in turn since this is on the PvP forum they just kited OOC off of the capture point leaving it more free for you to capture and also allow you to get OOC as well to heal up.

> @"getalifeturd.8139" said:

> **Defiant stance is too op for not being an elite**

>

> This thread's title is genius. **Let's make defiant stance an elite skill for warrior so they can run healing signet at the same time.** Then you only have to wait for the shield block, endure pain, full counter and defiant stance cooldowns to be gone. Then you can finally do damage to a warrior meanwhile they're full healing all your damage. But the counterplay is to not attack and just die right? **/sarcasm**

Holy Shit you are right!

Lets make it an elite and see OP comming back with more QQ