Question about Roller Beetle Sweepstakes legality [merged]

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> > @"Palador.2170" said:

> > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > > > Hmm. @"Gaile Gray.6029" A question: I believe I already get the newsletter, though the last message I got from it was the March 30 2018 notice that SAB was back. If I resubmit the same email to make completely sure, is that ok or will it be flagged as multiple attempts?

> > >

> > > You mean essentially sign up for the newsletter using the same e-mail address? That should be just fine. The system should simply reject a second sign-up for that account.

> > >

> > > In fact, I suggest that people may want to make sure they're on the "opt in" list by submitting their e-mail address to ensure they're on the mailing list.

> >

> > Got a link of where to do that, just to make sure we're not missing it? Please?

>

> Thanks Gaile!

>

> Palador, look in https://www.guildwars2.com/en/rollerbeetle/ under the Opt In section.

Excellent, Donari -- thanks for sharing that link. :)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArenaNet Staff

I have seen some concerns about eligibility, so I talked to folks and have some information to share:

Each contest, sweepstakes, and tournament is bound by specific eligibility rules as outlined in the official announcement of the event on our website. Contest, sweepstakes, and tournament rules are reviewed by legal counsel. While we would very much like to offer our contests and sweepstakes on a global scale, doing so simply is not possible. This is because our eligibility standards must respect the legal restrictions that are set by a particular country, state, or province. For instance, one province requires the payment of a substantial fee in order to make a contest available to its residents, and one country requires a completely separate prize pool for its citizens. As you can imagine, it is not feasible for us to tailor a contest or sweepstakes on such a granular level, and with regret, we may determine that residents of that country, state, or province are ineligible for that particular contest.

ArenaNet forms partnerships in many different regions of the world, and we are always looking for ways to expand that reach. This means that one contest may be offered to residents of a country or group of countries, but a subsequent contest may extend eligibility to a completely different group of players. Therefore, if you are ineligible to participate in this sweepstakes, I suggest that you keep an eye on the rules for future events, as eligibility may change with an upcoming promotion.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> I have seen some concerns about eligibility, so I talked to folks and have some information to share:

>

> Each contest, sweepstakes, and tournament is bound by specific eligibility rules as outlined in the official announcement of the event on our website. Contest, sweepstakes, and tournament rules are reviewed by legal counsel. While we would very much like to offer our contests and sweepstakes on a global scale, doing so simply is not possible. This is because our eligibility standards must respect the legal restrictions that are set by a particular country, state, or province. For instance, one province requires the payment of a substantial fee in order to make a contest available to its residents, and one country requires a completely separate prize pool for its citizens. As you can imagine, it is not feasible for us to tailor a contest or sweepstakes on such a granular level, and with regret, we may determine that residents of that country, state, or province are ineligible for that particular contest.

>

> ArenaNet forms partnerships in many different regions of the world, and we are always looking for ways to expand that reach. This means that one contest may be offered to residents of a country or group of countries, but a subsequent contest may extend eligibility to a completely different group of players. Therefore, if you are ineligible to participate in this sweepstakes, I suggest that you keep an eye on the rules for future events, as eligibility may change with an upcoming promotion.

>

Gaile, out of curiosity, and not having much experience with these things, should someone win the grand prize and not wish to receive it, can it be given to someone else?

> I have seen some concerns about eligibility, so I talked to folks and have some information to share:

>

> Each contest, sweepstakes, and tournament is bound by specific eligibility rules as outlined in the official announcement of the event on our website. Contest, sweepstakes, and tournament rules are reviewed by legal counsel. While we would very much like to offer our contests and sweepstakes on a global scale, doing so simply is not possible. This is because our eligibility standards must respect the legal restrictions that are set by a particular country, state, or province. For instance, one province requires the payment of a substantial fee in order to make a contest available to its residents, and one country requires a completely separate prize pool for its citizens. As you can imagine, it is not feasible for us to tailor a contest or sweepstakes on such a granular level, and with regret, we may determine that residents of that country, state, or province are ineligible for that particular contest.

>

> ArenaNet forms partnerships in many different regions of the world, and we are always looking for ways to expand that reach. This means that one contest may be offered to residents of a country or group of countries, but a subsequent contest may extend eligibility to a completely different group of players. Therefore, if you are ineligible to participate in this sweepstakes, I suggest that you keep an eye on the rules for future events, as eligibility may change with an upcoming promotion.

>

Thanks much for the info ^^

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said: Peviously when I've seen things which exclude US territories it says "the continental United States" or "the 48 continuous states".

>

> Apparently Hawaii and Alaska are 'territories'?...

I was responding to the OP, who was specifically asking about a territory, rather than being comprehensive. The full sentence should have been "previously when I've seen things which exclude US territories and some states it says...", but I didn't think that was relevant here since no one had asked about Alaska or Hawaii. I can't remember seeing anything which included all 50 states but not the territories, but things may have changed since I lived over there.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > I have seen some concerns about eligibility, so I talked to folks and have some information to share:

> >

> > Each contest, sweepstakes, and tournament is bound by specific eligibility rules as outlined in the official announcement of the event on our website. Contest, sweepstakes, and tournament rules are reviewed by legal counsel. While we would very much like to offer our contests and sweepstakes on a global scale, doing so simply is not possible. This is because our eligibility standards must respect the legal restrictions that are set by a particular country, state, or province. For instance, one province requires the payment of a substantial fee in order to make a contest available to its residents, and one country requires a completely separate prize pool for its citizens. As you can imagine, it is not feasible for us to tailor a contest or sweepstakes on such a granular level, and with regret, we may determine that residents of that country, state, or province are ineligible for that particular contest.

> >

> > ArenaNet forms partnerships in many different regions of the world, and we are always looking for ways to expand that reach. This means that one contest may be offered to residents of a country or group of countries, but a subsequent contest may extend eligibility to a completely different group of players. Therefore, if you are ineligible to participate in this sweepstakes, I suggest that you keep an eye on the rules for future events, as eligibility may change with an upcoming promotion.

> >

>

> Gaile, out of curiosity, and not having much experience with these things, should someone win the grand prize and not wish to receive it, can it be given to someone else?

From the official rules:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-roller-beetle-racing-sweepstakes-official-rules/

>No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.

>Prizes are not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.

So it looks like it is up to the sponsor of that prize.

> @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > I have seen some concerns about eligibility, so I talked to folks and have some information to share:

> > >

> > > Each contest, sweepstakes, and tournament is bound by specific eligibility rules as outlined in the official announcement of the event on our website. Contest, sweepstakes, and tournament rules are reviewed by legal counsel. While we would very much like to offer our contests and sweepstakes on a global scale, doing so simply is not possible. This is because our eligibility standards must respect the legal restrictions that are set by a particular country, state, or province. For instance, one province requires the payment of a substantial fee in order to make a contest available to its residents, and one country requires a completely separate prize pool for its citizens. As you can imagine, it is not feasible for us to tailor a contest or sweepstakes on such a granular level, and with regret, we may determine that residents of that country, state, or province are ineligible for that particular contest.

> > >

> > > ArenaNet forms partnerships in many different regions of the world, and we are always looking for ways to expand that reach. This means that one contest may be offered to residents of a country or group of countries, but a subsequent contest may extend eligibility to a completely different group of players. Therefore, if you are ineligible to participate in this sweepstakes, I suggest that you keep an eye on the rules for future events, as eligibility may change with an upcoming promotion.

> > >

> >

> > Gaile, out of curiosity, and not having much experience with these things, should someone win the grand prize and not wish to receive it, can it be given to someone else?

>

> From the official rules:

>

> https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-roller-beetle-racing-sweepstakes-official-rules/

>

> >No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.

>

> >Prizes are not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.

>

> So it looks like it is up to the sponsor of that prize.

Oof! well, heres hoping i dont win anything big if at all xD

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> Gaile, out of curiosity, and not having much experience with these things, should someone win the grand prize and not wish to receive it, can it be given to someone else?

Nope, it's listed as non-transferable in the Rules. There is an option to take cash instead.

I would assume that once you have title to the car you could of course sell it or trade it in. My husband is pushing for us to get a new electric car fairly soon (I'm resisting, we have one already plus a gas using one, both in good shape) and nifty though this custom Beetle would be it's not even a hybrid so could be it wouldn't fit our needs. I don't believe it would be a white elephant prize that you can never get rid of, you just can't make the Sweepstakes hand it off to someone other than you if you win.

Not that I expect to win, not even a mouse pad. There are around 50 prizes and the entries will only require a player to do one race a week, with rentable beetles for those that don't have one. Even subtracting all the ineligible players, at four entries per eligible participating player we are talking long odds. So I'll just have fun racing!

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > I have seen some concerns about eligibility, so I talked to folks and have some information to share:

> > >

> > > Each contest, sweepstakes, and tournament is bound by specific eligibility rules as outlined in the official announcement of the event on our website. Contest, sweepstakes, and tournament rules are reviewed by legal counsel. While we would very much like to offer our contests and sweepstakes on a global scale, doing so simply is not possible. This is because our eligibility standards must respect the legal restrictions that are set by a particular country, state, or province. For instance, one province requires the payment of a substantial fee in order to make a contest available to its residents, and one country requires a completely separate prize pool for its citizens. As you can imagine, it is not feasible for us to tailor a contest or sweepstakes on such a granular level, and with regret, we may determine that residents of that country, state, or province are ineligible for that particular contest.

> > >

> > > ArenaNet forms partnerships in many different regions of the world, and we are always looking for ways to expand that reach. This means that one contest may be offered to residents of a country or group of countries, but a subsequent contest may extend eligibility to a completely different group of players. Therefore, if you are ineligible to participate in this sweepstakes, I suggest that you keep an eye on the rules for future events, as eligibility may change with an upcoming promotion.

> > >

> >

> > Gaile, out of curiosity, and not having much experience with these things, should someone win the grand prize and not wish to receive it, can it be given to someone else?

>

> From the official rules:

>

> https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-roller-beetle-racing-sweepstakes-official-rules/

>

> >No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.

>

> >Prizes are not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.

>

> So it looks like it is up to the sponsor of that prize.

Although I suppose once its yours you can do what you like with it, including give it to someone else. The only one where that might not work is the holiday, because the flights are being booked by the people running the promotion so they'll be in the winners name. But if you won the computer for example you could have it sent to you and then give it to someone else once you've got it.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > I have seen some concerns about eligibility, so I talked to folks and have some information to share:

> > > >

> > > > Each contest, sweepstakes, and tournament is bound by specific eligibility rules as outlined in the official announcement of the event on our website. Contest, sweepstakes, and tournament rules are reviewed by legal counsel. While we would very much like to offer our contests and sweepstakes on a global scale, doing so simply is not possible. This is because our eligibility standards must respect the legal restrictions that are set by a particular country, state, or province. For instance, one province requires the payment of a substantial fee in order to make a contest available to its residents, and one country requires a completely separate prize pool for its citizens. As you can imagine, it is not feasible for us to tailor a contest or sweepstakes on such a granular level, and with regret, we may determine that residents of that country, state, or province are ineligible for that particular contest.

> > > >

> > > > ArenaNet forms partnerships in many different regions of the world, and we are always looking for ways to expand that reach. This means that one contest may be offered to residents of a country or group of countries, but a subsequent contest may extend eligibility to a completely different group of players. Therefore, if you are ineligible to participate in this sweepstakes, I suggest that you keep an eye on the rules for future events, as eligibility may change with an upcoming promotion.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Gaile, out of curiosity, and not having much experience with these things, should someone win the grand prize and not wish to receive it, can it be given to someone else?

> >

> > From the official rules:

> >

> > https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-roller-beetle-racing-sweepstakes-official-rules/

> >

> > >No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.

> >

> > >Prizes are not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.

> >

> > So it looks like it is up to the sponsor of that prize.

>

> Although I suppose once its yours you can do what you like with it, including give it to someone else. The only one where that might not work is the holiday, because the flights are being booked by the people running the promotion so they'll be in the winners name. But if you won the computer for example you could have it sent to you and then give it to someone else once you've got it.

Of course once you receive the prize you could do anything you want with it. Give it to someone else, sell it, throw it in the trash, or whatever. I think Dante was asking if a person wins the prize if they could transfer the winning prize to someone else and have it sent to them. That may still be possible but will depend on if the sponsor will allow it as outlined in the rules.

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > > I have seen some concerns about eligibility, so I talked to folks and have some information to share:

> > > > >

> > > > > Each contest, sweepstakes, and tournament is bound by specific eligibility rules as outlined in the official announcement of the event on our website. Contest, sweepstakes, and tournament rules are reviewed by legal counsel. While we would very much like to offer our contests and sweepstakes on a global scale, doing so simply is not possible. This is because our eligibility standards must respect the legal restrictions that are set by a particular country, state, or province. For instance, one province requires the payment of a substantial fee in order to make a contest available to its residents, and one country requires a completely separate prize pool for its citizens. As you can imagine, it is not feasible for us to tailor a contest or sweepstakes on such a granular level, and with regret, we may determine that residents of that country, state, or province are ineligible for that particular contest.

> > > > >

> > > > > ArenaNet forms partnerships in many different regions of the world, and we are always looking for ways to expand that reach. This means that one contest may be offered to residents of a country or group of countries, but a subsequent contest may extend eligibility to a completely different group of players. Therefore, if you are ineligible to participate in this sweepstakes, I suggest that you keep an eye on the rules for future events, as eligibility may change with an upcoming promotion.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Gaile, out of curiosity, and not having much experience with these things, should someone win the grand prize and not wish to receive it, can it be given to someone else?

> > >

> > > From the official rules:

> > >

> > > https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-roller-beetle-racing-sweepstakes-official-rules/

> > >

> > > >No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.

> > >

> > > >Prizes are not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.

> > >

> > > So it looks like it is up to the sponsor of that prize.

> >

> > Although I suppose once its yours you can do what you like with it, including give it to someone else. The only one where that might not work is the holiday, because the flights are being booked by the people running the promotion so they'll be in the winners name. But if you won the computer for example you could have it sent to you and then give it to someone else once you've got it.

>

> Of course once you receive the prize you could do anything you want with it. Give it to someone else, throw it in the trash, or whatever. I think Dante was asking a person wins the prize if they could transfer the winning prize to someone else and have it sent to them. That may still be possible but will depend on if the sponsor will allow it as outlined in the rules.

Yup that is 100% what i was asking. For instance and an example id have a *ton* of issues being able to pay for the taxes on a car, so if lets say i won that, id prefer it go to somebody else than to me. Sure it would be cool to have it, but i couldnt afford to pay for it.

Thanks for the link!

Now, suggestion for Gaile to pass on: If these races are going to be an ongoing thing even after this event with prizes you have to keep racing to win (and it sounds like that's the plan), then can I suggest a device like the World Boss Portal Device be added to the gemstore to help players know when a race is about to start and to get there in time? Or maybe make it one of the prizes you can earn?

Come to think of it... If these races are going to stick around, and there's going to be ways to rent a beetle if you need to so you can race, can we have some kind of guild beetle race added to guild missions? This seems like a real natural for a guild to get together and do, and rental beetles means you don't have to worry about excluding non PoF owners from the event/mission.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > > > I have seen some concerns about eligibility, so I talked to folks and have some information to share:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Each contest, sweepstakes, and tournament is bound by specific eligibility rules as outlined in the official announcement of the event on our website. Contest, sweepstakes, and tournament rules are reviewed by legal counsel. While we would very much like to offer our contests and sweepstakes on a global scale, doing so simply is not possible. This is because our eligibility standards must respect the legal restrictions that are set by a particular country, state, or province. For instance, one province requires the payment of a substantial fee in order to make a contest available to its residents, and one country requires a completely separate prize pool for its citizens. As you can imagine, it is not feasible for us to tailor a contest or sweepstakes on such a granular level, and with regret, we may determine that residents of that country, state, or province are ineligible for that particular contest.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ArenaNet forms partnerships in many different regions of the world, and we are always looking for ways to expand that reach. This means that one contest may be offered to residents of a country or group of countries, but a subsequent contest may extend eligibility to a completely different group of players. Therefore, if you are ineligible to participate in this sweepstakes, I suggest that you keep an eye on the rules for future events, as eligibility may change with an upcoming promotion.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Gaile, out of curiosity, and not having much experience with these things, should someone win the grand prize and not wish to receive it, can it be given to someone else?

> > > >

> > > > From the official rules:

> > > >

> > > > https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-roller-beetle-racing-sweepstakes-official-rules/

> > > >

> > > > >No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.

> > > >

> > > > >Prizes are not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.

> > > >

> > > > So it looks like it is up to the sponsor of that prize.

> > >

> > > Although I suppose once its yours you can do what you like with it, including give it to someone else. The only one where that might not work is the holiday, because the flights are being booked by the people running the promotion so they'll be in the winners name. But if you won the computer for example you could have it sent to you and then give it to someone else once you've got it.

> >

> > Of course once you receive the prize you could do anything you want with it. Give it to someone else, throw it in the trash, or whatever. I think Dante was asking a person wins the prize if they could transfer the winning prize to someone else and have it sent to them. That may still be possible but will depend on if the sponsor will allow it as outlined in the rules.

>

> Yup that is 100% what i was asking. For instance and an example id have a *ton* of issues being able to pay for the taxes on a car, so if lets say i won that, id prefer it go to somebody else than to me. Sure it would be cool to have it, but i couldnt afford to pay for it.

If you win the car there is an alternate cash prize of $20,000. So you could accept the cash less applicable taxes of course or paid when filing taxes depending on where you live and how cash prizes are handled.

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > > > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > > > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > > > > I have seen some concerns about eligibility, so I talked to folks and have some information to share:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Each contest, sweepstakes, and tournament is bound by specific eligibility rules as outlined in the official announcement of the event on our website. Contest, sweepstakes, and tournament rules are reviewed by legal counsel. While we would very much like to offer our contests and sweepstakes on a global scale, doing so simply is not possible. This is because our eligibility standards must respect the legal restrictions that are set by a particular country, state, or province. For instance, one province requires the payment of a substantial fee in order to make a contest available to its residents, and one country requires a completely separate prize pool for its citizens. As you can imagine, it is not feasible for us to tailor a contest or sweepstakes on such a granular level, and with regret, we may determine that residents of that country, state, or province are ineligible for that particular contest.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ArenaNet forms partnerships in many different regions of the world, and we are always looking for ways to expand that reach. This means that one contest may be offered to residents of a country or group of countries, but a subsequent contest may extend eligibility to a completely different group of players. Therefore, if you are ineligible to participate in this sweepstakes, I suggest that you keep an eye on the rules for future events, as eligibility may change with an upcoming promotion.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Gaile, out of curiosity, and not having much experience with these things, should someone win the grand prize and not wish to receive it, can it be given to someone else?

> > > > >

> > > > > From the official rules:

> > > > >

> > > > > https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-roller-beetle-racing-sweepstakes-official-rules/

> > > > >

> > > > > >No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.

> > > > >

> > > > > >Prizes are not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.

> > > > >

> > > > > So it looks like it is up to the sponsor of that prize.

> > > >

> > > > Although I suppose once its yours you can do what you like with it, including give it to someone else. The only one where that might not work is the holiday, because the flights are being booked by the people running the promotion so they'll be in the winners name. But if you won the computer for example you could have it sent to you and then give it to someone else once you've got it.

> > >

> > > Of course once you receive the prize you could do anything you want with it. Give it to someone else, throw it in the trash, or whatever. I think Dante was asking a person wins the prize if they could transfer the winning prize to someone else and have it sent to them. That may still be possible but will depend on if the sponsor will allow it as outlined in the rules.

> >

> > Yup that is 100% what i was asking. For instance and an example id have a *ton* of issues being able to pay for the taxes on a car, so if lets say i won that, id prefer it go to somebody else than to me. Sure it would be cool to have it, but i couldnt afford to pay for it.

>

> If you win the car there is an alternate cash prize of $20,000. So you could accept the cash less applicable taxes of course or paid when filing taxes depending on where you live and how cash prizes are handled.

Yup, for some reason i read over that line when i first read the prizes(i read super fast so i miss things sometimes).

> > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > > @"Palador.2170" said:

> > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > > > > Hmm. @"Gaile Gray.6029" A question: I believe I already get the newsletter, though the last message I got from it was the March 30 2018 notice that SAB was back. If I resubmit the same email to make completely sure, is that ok or will it be flagged as multiple attempts?

> > > >

> > > > You mean essentially sign up for the newsletter using the same e-mail address? That should be just fine. The system should simply reject a second sign-up for that account.

> > > >

> > > > In fact, I suggest that people may want to make sure they're on the "opt in" list by submitting their e-mail address to ensure they're on the mailing list.

> > >

> > > Got a link of where to do that, just to make sure we're not missing it? Please?

> >

> > Thanks Gaile!

> >

> > Palador, look in https://www.guildwars2.com/en/rollerbeetle/ under the Opt In section.

>

> Excellent, Donari -- thanks for sharing that link. :)

Perhaps because I tried on my iPad, but it wasn’t possible to sign in on that link. On the birthday I was unable to go past the DD to put anything in the MM or YYYY slots.

>

>

>

So, I was able to sign myself on the sweepstake, but reading your rules, seems like the guys for Spain are out of that. Why we can sign if we can't receive the prizes, also why Germany and France can receive prizes while Spain not? which is the other supported language?

I'm a bit sad about this, maybe I just would like to get an in-game prize instead of real one if my country for whatever reason can't be included for prizes.

Thanks anyway Gaile for the explanation.

Hello

So Austria and New Zealand are okay but not Australia ??????????? Really ?

from the official rules:

1. ELIGIBILITY: ArenaNet “Guild Wars 2 Roller Beetle Racing” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of Austria, Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec), Finland, France, Germany, New Zealand, Norway, Russia, Switzerland, the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) and the United States (including the District of Columbia), who possess a valid form of identification and are 18 years of age or older (or legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside).

Wyld

Well, played this game for 14k hours, have seen ups and downs but this is just discriminating.. At least hand out the same rewards for the same server groups if legal stuff prevents you from having the same contest available to everyone. Get one with random drawings for the US servers, some "fixed" ingame reward for the EU servers since otherwise apparently 99% of Europe is excluded anyway, and make something seperate for the Asian ones.

Now you're leaving out a huge portion of the playerbase, how silly is that?

It's already baffling enough how any pack involving black lions keys, dye kits or random mounts is locked for a part of the community without any solution for it. One would think the least you could do would be NOT to add any more things that are locked until there's a fix for it. Yet you manage to do the complete opposite and divide people even more. Then just don't give any prize at all if you can't do it properly for everyone.. -.-'

Imagine I'd announce everyone who drank coffee at work the past month is entered into a pool to win prizes of 250, 100 and 50 euro and it will be repeated every 3 or 4 months, how would you feel if you're someone who's allergic to coffee so you can't do anything about it for next time either?

Exactly..

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > REALLY, france and germany are allowed but the Benelux (who btw have the same European laws) are excluded......kitten Anet?

>

> They do not have identical laws, especially regarding the definition of "gambling."

> ANet doesn't get to choose the rules and I'm surprised that anyone expects them to figure out how to have a contest that would work everywhere in the world.

>

Holland has nothing against gambling, Belgium does.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > > > @"Palador.2170" said:

> > > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > > > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > > > > > Hmm. @"Gaile Gray.6029" A question: I believe I already get the newsletter, though the last message I got from it was the March 30 2018 notice that SAB was back. If I resubmit the same email to make completely sure, is that ok or will it be flagged as multiple attempts?

> > > > >

> > > > > You mean essentially sign up for the newsletter using the same e-mail address? That should be just fine. The system should simply reject a second sign-up for that account.

> > > > >

> > > > > In fact, I suggest that people may want to make sure they're on the "opt in" list by submitting their e-mail address to ensure they're on the mailing list.

> > > >

> > > > Got a link of where to do that, just to make sure we're not missing it? Please?

> > >

> > > Thanks Gaile!

> > >

> > > Palador, look in https://www.guildwars2.com/en/rollerbeetle/ under the Opt In section.

> >

> > Excellent, Donari -- thanks for sharing that link. :)

>

> Perhaps because I tried on my iPad, but it wasn’t possible to sign in on that link. On the birthday I was unable to go past the DD to put anything in the MM or YYYY slots.

>

>

It worked fine for me just now, so it is possible there is something wrong with mobile functionality. Try again when you have a computer available

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > REALLY, france and germany are allowed but the Benelux (who btw have the same European laws) are excluded......kitten Anet?

> >

> > They do not have identical laws, especially regarding the definition of "gambling."

> > ANet doesn't get to choose the rules and I'm surprised that anyone expects them to figure out how to have a contest that would work everywhere in the world.

> >

> Holland has nothing against gambling, Belgium does.

>

The point is: EU countries do **not** have the same laws.

> @"evlover.6270" said:

> Well, played this game for 14k hours, have seen ups and downs but this is just discriminating.. At least hand out the same rewards for the same server groups if legal stuff prevents you from having the same contest available to everyone. Get one with random drawings for the US servers, some "fixed" ingame reward for the EU servers since otherwise apparently 99% of Europe is excluded anyway, and make something seperate for the Asian ones.

>

> Now you're leaving out a huge portion of the playerbase, how silly is that?

> It's already baffling enough how any pack involving black lions keys, dye kits or random mounts is locked for a part of the community without any solution for it. One would think the least you could do would be NOT to add any more things that are locked until there's a fix for it. Yet you manage to do the complete opposite and divide people even more. Then just don't give any prize at all if you can't do it properly for everyone.. -.-'

>

> Imagine I'd announce everyone who drank coffee at work the past month is entered into a pool to win prizes of 250, 100 and 50 euro and it will be repeated every 3 or 4 months, how would you feel if you're someone who's allergic to coffee so you can't do anything about it for next time either?

> Exactly..

>

>

ANet is not leaving people out, Those people have voted for governments that enact laws excluding them.

Hi! I've talked to multiple people about this & everyone thinks it's incredibly obvious. However not everyone who I've talked to agrees about which side yey or ney is actually the "obvious" answer, so I figured I'd ask: In the official rules it states that "entering under multiple identities or multiple times" is prohibited. BUT multiple accounts can easily be registered to different people / names. I'm personally going to air on the side of "it's pretty obvious that we only want each person to enter once." But I'd really appreciate an official ruling on this. Thanks in advance & for the awesome races! :D

[https://imgur.com/a/8rOZ7G7](https://imgur.com/a/8rOZ7G7 "https://imgur.com/a/8rOZ7G7")