Gem store : I'd pay more for armor sets than for outfits

Aodlop.1907

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> They did really make the decision to stop putting new armor sets in the gemstore and making them in game rewards.

>

> >[Hidden Arcana](http://dulfy.net/2015/05/28/gw2-hidden-arcanadeveloper-spotlight-on-crystin-cox/)

> >During Living World Season 2, Crystin took charge of a new team that was organized to improve in-game rewards in Guild Wars 2. Previously, no single dedicated team handled in-game rewards, and individual content teams were responsible for deciding how players would be rewarded. Crystin felt there should be a greater balance between Gem Store item offerings and in-game rewards, and she and the rewards and commerce teams have worked on creating a clear division so that items will fit their method of distribution. For example, **armor sets are now exclusively designed as in-game rewards while outfits are primarily Gem Store offerings.**

Thanks for the quote.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> So are you asking them to put future armour sets which would be released in-game (like the Elegy and Requiem sets released with A Star to Guide Us and the various sets released with PoF) into the gem store instead?

>

> Or does this idea work on the assumption that as well as the sets released in-game there will be others released in the gem store, at the same rate they currently release outfits?

>

> Because the first one will not be popular, especially considering they stopped making new gem store armour because so many people complained that they wanted to earn it in-game instead of pay for it. But the second one is unfortunately not realistic, due to the amount of time it takes them to make armour and the fact that the same artists who work on those make all the other stuff in the game so they can't just focus on armour.

The rate at which cosmetics will release we cant know. But we've seen them deliver rewards in game while also having rewards of the same type in the gemstore. Releasing gemstore armors would mean we wouldnt get ingame loot. The op is simply asking for something they would buy.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > I think Mike said it takes 9 months for a full Armor set. (That would be 3 months per weight.)

>

> I was under the impression that was in relation with ingame rewards, saying that they reserve those for big content updates i.e expansions.

Here is the quote about time to create new armor sets

>[**Mike-OBrien-ArenaNet**](

)

>Armor sets are by far the most expensive reward we can make. A full set includes heavy, medium, light, times five races, times two sexes, so it's like developing 30 sets. It takes nine months to develop. (That's for a normal armor set -- legendary is much longer.) It's not something we can do for Living World episodes. Individual pieces are good rewards for Living World episodes; full sets are more something for expansion packs.

Edit: a different quote mentioning difficulty in armor design and why they can’t outsource it to fan armor designers.

>**Regina B**

>Armor is one of the most expensive things in the game to create. Armor is complicated and needs to be created with many considerations in mind, and these considerations may not be easily apparent or describable to fan armor designers.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > @"Aodlop.1907" said:

> > > > Because I don't pay for outfits at all, never purchased one. I don't buy outfits because I enjoy being able to customize my gear, hide items, and make combinations.

> > > > If you don't want to sell armor sets at the same price as the previous ones, fine. Make them more expensive, as long you make them. I'd pay for it, or I'd farm for it.

> > > > I really don't like outfits. Can you please start making armor sets again ? Even if you make them more expensive ?

> > > > Thanks. <3

> > >

> > > Are you willing to pay 5000 gems for a new armor set? ANet's implied that it takes 8-9x more effort to produce armor sets: there are multiple weights, more variations of dye channels, the pieces have to mix & match with other skins of the same weight, and so on. People already balk at paying 2k for premium MountFits. It seems unlikely that ANet would be able to price armor sets high enough to significantly increase the rate at which they are released.

> >

> >

> > If you want to look at it in that way then the question should be - why are we paying 800 gems for outfits that require 8-9x less work than armor sets and all armor sets are 800 gems from the game beggining?

> >

> > I'd also prefer more armors, outfits are so NOT unique, makes you feel like army of clones. If you could at least use helmet skins with outfits, maybe it would be a little better.

> >

>

> I'd contest the notion that outfits are not unique. How are they not? How many armor options exist that look like one seamless piece of armor/suit? Most armor looks like it's a jumbled of pieces that vaguely resemble a theme. By the logic that there are MORE jumbled together looks than seamless looks, that already makes it more unique.

With outfits its the fact that when new one comes out a lot of people wears it for a long time. Also it annoys me when I like 90% of the outfit but not like 1 element and I have no way of fixing it.

Not saying outfits are bad, just not very customizable.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Except there is no option to 'revert all Outfits to armor sets'. Outfits are a 4th armor weight, and can't be mixed. To do this, the Devs would have to create new armor sets that look just like the existing Outfits, and no time or resources would be saved, except maybe the concept art.

>

Fair enough. Maybe Anet should just go down the customisable outfit route and pretend armor weights never existed on all future armor designs. Boom, one third of work reduced.

I love the designers at Anet to bits. I mean, I really like how they try their best to go all out to give us a great experience... but sometimes I think they get a bit overzealous. Lol.

> @"Heraldusluminare.2946" said:

> Fair enough. Maybe Anet should just go down the customisable outfit route and pretend armor weights never existed on all future armor designs. Boom, one third of work reduced.

If they created a new weight of armor, then none of those pieces would mix or match with any existing pieces. It would require a new set of mechanics (allow any class to wear choose to skin as the new weight _or_ as the original weight for the class). It would require new UI. And it still wouldn't be possible to turn any existing outfits into this weight because they were designed as onesies; there are no separable parts.

(As a matter of nomenclature: there's no such thing as a customizable outfit _in GW2_: armor pieces are mix & match; outfits are not.)

> @"Kas.3509" said:

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > @"Aodlop.1907" said:

> > > > > Because I don't pay for outfits at all, never purchased one. I don't buy outfits because I enjoy being able to customize my gear, hide items, and make combinations.

> > > > > If you don't want to sell armor sets at the same price as the previous ones, fine. Make them more expensive, as long you make them. I'd pay for it, or I'd farm for it.

> > > > > I really don't like outfits. Can you please start making armor sets again ? Even if you make them more expensive ?

> > > > > Thanks. <3

> > > >

> > > > Are you willing to pay 5000 gems for a new armor set? ANet's implied that it takes 8-9x more effort to produce armor sets: there are multiple weights, more variations of dye channels, the pieces have to mix & match with other skins of the same weight, and so on. People already balk at paying 2k for premium MountFits. It seems unlikely that ANet would be able to price armor sets high enough to significantly increase the rate at which they are released.

> > >

> > >

> > > If you want to look at it in that way then the question should be - why are we paying 800 gems for outfits that require 8-9x less work than armor sets and all armor sets are 800 gems from the game beggining?

> > >

> > > I'd also prefer more armors, outfits are so NOT unique, makes you feel like army of clones. If you could at least use helmet skins with outfits, maybe it would be a little better.

> > >

> >

> > I'd contest the notion that outfits are not unique. How are they not? How many armor options exist that look like one seamless piece of armor/suit? Most armor looks like it's a jumbled of pieces that vaguely resemble a theme. By the logic that there are MORE jumbled together looks than seamless looks, that already makes it more unique.

>

> With outfits its the fact that when new one comes out a lot of people wears it for a long time. Also it annoys me when I like 90% of the outfit but not like 1 element and I have no way of fixing it.

> Not saying outfits are bad, just not very customizable.

Still doesn't invalidate that there are other outfits that isn't the new FotM that you can wear that a lot of people won't be wearing.

As for the issue with turning off parts, I think it's harder to promote improvements to outfits when you have people bemoaning them as bad, unoriginal, not unique and such. Lol how many "Improve Outfit" threads are there? But beside that, I have, in the past, put forth the idea to add unique custom options for outfits that would basically amount to "check this box to turn off helmet", "check this box to turn off shoulders", "check this box to turn off special unique part" that would be, IMO, pretty easy to implement.

There are other suggestions for outfits I've made but you get the point.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > @"Aodlop.1907" said:

> > > > > > Because I don't pay for outfits at all, never purchased one. I don't buy outfits because I enjoy being able to customize my gear, hide items, and make combinations.

> > > > > > If you don't want to sell armor sets at the same price as the previous ones, fine. Make them more expensive, as long you make them. I'd pay for it, or I'd farm for it.

> > > > > > I really don't like outfits. Can you please start making armor sets again ? Even if you make them more expensive ?

> > > > > > Thanks. <3

> > > > >

> > > > > Are you willing to pay 5000 gems for a new armor set? ANet's implied that it takes 8-9x more effort to produce armor sets: there are multiple weights, more variations of dye channels, the pieces have to mix & match with other skins of the same weight, and so on. People already balk at paying 2k for premium MountFits. It seems unlikely that ANet would be able to price armor sets high enough to significantly increase the rate at which they are released.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > If you want to look at it in that way then the question should be - why are we paying 800 gems for outfits that require 8-9x less work than armor sets and all armor sets are 800 gems from the game beggining?

> > > >

> > > > I'd also prefer more armors, outfits are so NOT unique, makes you feel like army of clones. If you could at least use helmet skins with outfits, maybe it would be a little better.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I'd contest the notion that outfits are not unique. How are they not? How many armor options exist that look like one seamless piece of armor/suit? Most armor looks like it's a jumbled of pieces that vaguely resemble a theme. By the logic that there are MORE jumbled together looks than seamless looks, that already makes it more unique.

> >

> > With outfits its the fact that when new one comes out a lot of people wears it for a long time. Also it annoys me when I like 90% of the outfit but not like 1 element and I have no way of fixing it.

> > Not saying outfits are bad, just not very customizable.

>

> Still doesn't invalidate that there are other outfits that isn't the new FotM that you can wear that a lot of people won't be wearing.

>

> As for the issue with turning off parts, I think it's harder to promote improvements to outfits when you have people bemoaning them as bad, unoriginal, not unique and such. Lol how many "Improve Outfit" threads are there? But beside that, I have, in the past, put forth the idea to add unique custom options for outfits that would basically amount to "check this box to turn off helmet", "check this box to turn off shoulders", "check this box to turn off special unique part" that would be, IMO, pretty easy to implement.

>

> There are other suggestions for outfits I've made but you get the point.

in which they could just as much make it an armor. (hint hint)

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > @"Aodlop.1907" said:

> > > > > > > Because I don't pay for outfits at all, never purchased one. I don't buy outfits because I enjoy being able to customize my gear, hide items, and make combinations.

> > > > > > > If you don't want to sell armor sets at the same price as the previous ones, fine. Make them more expensive, as long you make them. I'd pay for it, or I'd farm for it.

> > > > > > > I really don't like outfits. Can you please start making armor sets again ? Even if you make them more expensive ?

> > > > > > > Thanks. <3

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Are you willing to pay 5000 gems for a new armor set? ANet's implied that it takes 8-9x more effort to produce armor sets: there are multiple weights, more variations of dye channels, the pieces have to mix & match with other skins of the same weight, and so on. People already balk at paying 2k for premium MountFits. It seems unlikely that ANet would be able to price armor sets high enough to significantly increase the rate at which they are released.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > If you want to look at it in that way then the question should be - why are we paying 800 gems for outfits that require 8-9x less work than armor sets and all armor sets are 800 gems from the game beggining?

> > > > >

> > > > > I'd also prefer more armors, outfits are so NOT unique, makes you feel like army of clones. If you could at least use helmet skins with outfits, maybe it would be a little better.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I'd contest the notion that outfits are not unique. How are they not? How many armor options exist that look like one seamless piece of armor/suit? Most armor looks like it's a jumbled of pieces that vaguely resemble a theme. By the logic that there are MORE jumbled together looks than seamless looks, that already makes it more unique.

> > >

> > > With outfits its the fact that when new one comes out a lot of people wears it for a long time. Also it annoys me when I like 90% of the outfit but not like 1 element and I have no way of fixing it.

> > > Not saying outfits are bad, just not very customizable.

> >

> > Still doesn't invalidate that there are other outfits that isn't the new FotM that you can wear that a lot of people won't be wearing.

> >

> > As for the issue with turning off parts, I think it's harder to promote improvements to outfits when you have people bemoaning them as bad, unoriginal, not unique and such. Lol how many "Improve Outfit" threads are there? But beside that, I have, in the past, put forth the idea to add unique custom options for outfits that would basically amount to "check this box to turn off helmet", "check this box to turn off shoulders", "check this box to turn off special unique part" that would be, IMO, pretty easy to implement.

> >

> > There are other suggestions for outfits I've made but you get the point.

>

> in which they could just as much make it an armor. (hint hint)

Making outfit parts "layers" that one can turn off and on is not the same as making outfit parts into pieces that fit with 3 different armor weights.

There are already outfits where parts can be turned off. (hint hint)

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Aodlop.1907" said:

> > > > > > > > Because I don't pay for outfits at all, never purchased one. I don't buy outfits because I enjoy being able to customize my gear, hide items, and make combinations.

> > > > > > > > If you don't want to sell armor sets at the same price as the previous ones, fine. Make them more expensive, as long you make them. I'd pay for it, or I'd farm for it.

> > > > > > > > I really don't like outfits. Can you please start making armor sets again ? Even if you make them more expensive ?

> > > > > > > > Thanks. <3

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Are you willing to pay 5000 gems for a new armor set? ANet's implied that it takes 8-9x more effort to produce armor sets: there are multiple weights, more variations of dye channels, the pieces have to mix & match with other skins of the same weight, and so on. People already balk at paying 2k for premium MountFits. It seems unlikely that ANet would be able to price armor sets high enough to significantly increase the rate at which they are released.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you want to look at it in that way then the question should be - why are we paying 800 gems for outfits that require 8-9x less work than armor sets and all armor sets are 800 gems from the game beggining?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'd also prefer more armors, outfits are so NOT unique, makes you feel like army of clones. If you could at least use helmet skins with outfits, maybe it would be a little better.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I'd contest the notion that outfits are not unique. How are they not? How many armor options exist that look like one seamless piece of armor/suit? Most armor looks like it's a jumbled of pieces that vaguely resemble a theme. By the logic that there are MORE jumbled together looks than seamless looks, that already makes it more unique.

> > > >

> > > > With outfits its the fact that when new one comes out a lot of people wears it for a long time. Also it annoys me when I like 90% of the outfit but not like 1 element and I have no way of fixing it.

> > > > Not saying outfits are bad, just not very customizable.

> > >

> > > Still doesn't invalidate that there are other outfits that isn't the new FotM that you can wear that a lot of people won't be wearing.

> > >

> > > As for the issue with turning off parts, I think it's harder to promote improvements to outfits when you have people bemoaning them as bad, unoriginal, not unique and such. Lol how many "Improve Outfit" threads are there? But beside that, I have, in the past, put forth the idea to add unique custom options for outfits that would basically amount to "check this box to turn off helmet", "check this box to turn off shoulders", "check this box to turn off special unique part" that would be, IMO, pretty easy to implement.

> > >

> > > There are other suggestions for outfits I've made but you get the point.

> >

> > in which they could just as much make it an armor. (hint hint)

>

> Making outfit parts "layers" that one can turn off and on is not the same as making outfit parts into pieces that fit with 3 different armor weights.

>

> There are already outfits where parts can be turned off. (hint hint)

the layers are armor parts, not the other way around.

i have done enough 3D modeling and modding to know how such things really work, all you do is disabling a part of the costume A.K.A. armor parts.

Personally...I'd love if we could mix and match pieces of outfits.

With that said, I do not like armor pieces due to the transmutation charges. I don't know if it's just me or...I don't know, but I don't feel comfortable experimenting with armor looks due to the limitations with these charges.

With outfit you just put it on, dye it and stop worrying if you have to change the look of armor piece because you changed the gear.

I really wish transmutation charges never existed though >.<

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Aodlop.1907" said:

> > > > > > > > > Because I don't pay for outfits at all, never purchased one. I don't buy outfits because I enjoy being able to customize my gear, hide items, and make combinations.

> > > > > > > > > If you don't want to sell armor sets at the same price as the previous ones, fine. Make them more expensive, as long you make them. I'd pay for it, or I'd farm for it.

> > > > > > > > > I really don't like outfits. Can you please start making armor sets again ? Even if you make them more expensive ?

> > > > > > > > > Thanks. <3

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Are you willing to pay 5000 gems for a new armor set? ANet's implied that it takes 8-9x more effort to produce armor sets: there are multiple weights, more variations of dye channels, the pieces have to mix & match with other skins of the same weight, and so on. People already balk at paying 2k for premium MountFits. It seems unlikely that ANet would be able to price armor sets high enough to significantly increase the rate at which they are released.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you want to look at it in that way then the question should be - why are we paying 800 gems for outfits that require 8-9x less work than armor sets and all armor sets are 800 gems from the game beggining?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'd also prefer more armors, outfits are so NOT unique, makes you feel like army of clones. If you could at least use helmet skins with outfits, maybe it would be a little better.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'd contest the notion that outfits are not unique. How are they not? How many armor options exist that look like one seamless piece of armor/suit? Most armor looks like it's a jumbled of pieces that vaguely resemble a theme. By the logic that there are MORE jumbled together looks than seamless looks, that already makes it more unique.

> > > > >

> > > > > With outfits its the fact that when new one comes out a lot of people wears it for a long time. Also it annoys me when I like 90% of the outfit but not like 1 element and I have no way of fixing it.

> > > > > Not saying outfits are bad, just not very customizable.

> > > >

> > > > Still doesn't invalidate that there are other outfits that isn't the new FotM that you can wear that a lot of people won't be wearing.

> > > >

> > > > As for the issue with turning off parts, I think it's harder to promote improvements to outfits when you have people bemoaning them as bad, unoriginal, not unique and such. Lol how many "Improve Outfit" threads are there? But beside that, I have, in the past, put forth the idea to add unique custom options for outfits that would basically amount to "check this box to turn off helmet", "check this box to turn off shoulders", "check this box to turn off special unique part" that would be, IMO, pretty easy to implement.

> > > >

> > > > There are other suggestions for outfits I've made but you get the point.

> > >

> > > in which they could just as much make it an armor. (hint hint)

> >

> > Making outfit parts "layers" that one can turn off and on is not the same as making outfit parts into pieces that fit with 3 different armor weights.

> >

> > There are already outfits where parts can be turned off. (hint hint)

>

> the layers are armor parts, not the other way around.

> i have done enough 3D modeling and modding to know how such things really work, all you do is disabling a part of the costume A.K.A. armor parts.

Disabling a part doesn't make it a piece of armor, merely something hidden like a clipping mask. More precisely, something hidden with such means isn't beholden to anchor points like armor is.

If you're so experienced with 3D modeling/modding, shouldn't you know that?

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Aodlop.1907" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Because I don't pay for outfits at all, never purchased one. I don't buy outfits because I enjoy being able to customize my gear, hide items, and make combinations.

> > > > > > > > > > If you don't want to sell armor sets at the same price as the previous ones, fine. Make them more expensive, as long you make them. I'd pay for it, or I'd farm for it.

> > > > > > > > > > I really don't like outfits. Can you please start making armor sets again ? Even if you make them more expensive ?

> > > > > > > > > > Thanks. <3

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Are you willing to pay 5000 gems for a new armor set? ANet's implied that it takes 8-9x more effort to produce armor sets: there are multiple weights, more variations of dye channels, the pieces have to mix & match with other skins of the same weight, and so on. People already balk at paying 2k for premium MountFits. It seems unlikely that ANet would be able to price armor sets high enough to significantly increase the rate at which they are released.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If you want to look at it in that way then the question should be - why are we paying 800 gems for outfits that require 8-9x less work than armor sets and all armor sets are 800 gems from the game beggining?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'd also prefer more armors, outfits are so NOT unique, makes you feel like army of clones. If you could at least use helmet skins with outfits, maybe it would be a little better.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'd contest the notion that outfits are not unique. How are they not? How many armor options exist that look like one seamless piece of armor/suit? Most armor looks like it's a jumbled of pieces that vaguely resemble a theme. By the logic that there are MORE jumbled together looks than seamless looks, that already makes it more unique.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > With outfits its the fact that when new one comes out a lot of people wears it for a long time. Also it annoys me when I like 90% of the outfit but not like 1 element and I have no way of fixing it.

> > > > > > Not saying outfits are bad, just not very customizable.

> > > > >

> > > > > Still doesn't invalidate that there are other outfits that isn't the new FotM that you can wear that a lot of people won't be wearing.

> > > > >

> > > > > As for the issue with turning off parts, I think it's harder to promote improvements to outfits when you have people bemoaning them as bad, unoriginal, not unique and such. Lol how many "Improve Outfit" threads are there? But beside that, I have, in the past, put forth the idea to add unique custom options for outfits that would basically amount to "check this box to turn off helmet", "check this box to turn off shoulders", "check this box to turn off special unique part" that would be, IMO, pretty easy to implement.

> > > > >

> > > > > There are other suggestions for outfits I've made but you get the point.

> > > >

> > > > in which they could just as much make it an armor. (hint hint)

> > >

> > > Making outfit parts "layers" that one can turn off and on is not the same as making outfit parts into pieces that fit with 3 different armor weights.

> > >

> > > There are already outfits where parts can be turned off. (hint hint)

> >

> > the layers are armor parts, not the other way around.

> > i have done enough 3D modeling and modding to know how such things really work, all you do is disabling a part of the costume A.K.A. armor parts.

>

> Disabling a part doesn't make it a piece of armor, merely something hidden like a clipping mask. More precisely, something hidden with such means isn't beholden to anchor points like armor is.

>

> If you're so experienced with 3D modeling/modding, shouldn't you know that?

fancy words for something as simple as a part of a 3D model, a 3D piece of a frame put together in pieces so the game can connect each piece to a function.

looks like armor pieces to me, where each armor piece is nothing but a separate 3D piece with it's own slot entity to distinguish a glove from a chest piece.

or are you so stuck in fancy words that it should be done with flair and expertise?

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Aodlop.1907" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Because I don't pay for outfits at all, never purchased one. I don't buy outfits because I enjoy being able to customize my gear, hide items, and make combinations.

> > > > > > > > > > > If you don't want to sell armor sets at the same price as the previous ones, fine. Make them more expensive, as long you make them. I'd pay for it, or I'd farm for it.

> > > > > > > > > > > I really don't like outfits. Can you please start making armor sets again ? Even if you make them more expensive ?

> > > > > > > > > > > Thanks. <3

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Are you willing to pay 5000 gems for a new armor set? ANet's implied that it takes 8-9x more effort to produce armor sets: there are multiple weights, more variations of dye channels, the pieces have to mix & match with other skins of the same weight, and so on. People already balk at paying 2k for premium MountFits. It seems unlikely that ANet would be able to price armor sets high enough to significantly increase the rate at which they are released.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If you want to look at it in that way then the question should be - why are we paying 800 gems for outfits that require 8-9x less work than armor sets and all armor sets are 800 gems from the game beggining?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I'd also prefer more armors, outfits are so NOT unique, makes you feel like army of clones. If you could at least use helmet skins with outfits, maybe it would be a little better.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'd contest the notion that outfits are not unique. How are they not? How many armor options exist that look like one seamless piece of armor/suit? Most armor looks like it's a jumbled of pieces that vaguely resemble a theme. By the logic that there are MORE jumbled together looks than seamless looks, that already makes it more unique.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > With outfits its the fact that when new one comes out a lot of people wears it for a long time. Also it annoys me when I like 90% of the outfit but not like 1 element and I have no way of fixing it.

> > > > > > > Not saying outfits are bad, just not very customizable.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Still doesn't invalidate that there are other outfits that isn't the new FotM that you can wear that a lot of people won't be wearing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As for the issue with turning off parts, I think it's harder to promote improvements to outfits when you have people bemoaning them as bad, unoriginal, not unique and such. Lol how many "Improve Outfit" threads are there? But beside that, I have, in the past, put forth the idea to add unique custom options for outfits that would basically amount to "check this box to turn off helmet", "check this box to turn off shoulders", "check this box to turn off special unique part" that would be, IMO, pretty easy to implement.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There are other suggestions for outfits I've made but you get the point.

> > > > >

> > > > > in which they could just as much make it an armor. (hint hint)

> > > >

> > > > Making outfit parts "layers" that one can turn off and on is not the same as making outfit parts into pieces that fit with 3 different armor weights.

> > > >

> > > > There are already outfits where parts can be turned off. (hint hint)

> > >

> > > the layers are armor parts, not the other way around.

> > > i have done enough 3D modeling and modding to know how such things really work, all you do is disabling a part of the costume A.K.A. armor parts.

> >

> > Disabling a part doesn't make it a piece of armor, merely something hidden like a clipping mask. More precisely, something hidden with such means isn't beholden to anchor points like armor is.

> >

> > If you're so experienced with 3D modeling/modding, shouldn't you know that?

>

> fancy words for something as simple as a part of a 3D model, a 3D piece of a frame put together in pieces so the game can connect each piece to a function.

> looks like armor pieces to me, where each armor piece is nothing but a separate 3D piece with it's own slot entity to distinguish a glove from a chest piece.

>

> or are you so stuck in fancy words that it should be done with flair and expertise?

"a 3D piece of a frame put together in pieces so the game can connect each piece to a function" may be the initial means of rendering a model for both armor and outfits but "where each armor piece is nothing but a separate 3D piece with it's own slot entity to distinguish a glove from a chest piece" is not the only consequence of building a piece of armor. Again, armor pieces interact with defined anchor points that make up the armor system and has been described why you can't mix medium armor with, say, heavy armor (because the anchor points don't overlap the same).

> @"Blur.3465" said:

> Personally...I'd love if we could mix and match pieces of outfits.

> With that said, I do not like armor pieces due to the transmutation charges. I don't know if it's just me or...I don't know, but I don't feel comfortable experimenting with armor looks due to the limitations with these charges.

> With outfit you just put it on, dye it and stop worrying if you have to change the look of armor piece because you changed the gear.

>

> I really wish transmutation charges never existed though >.<

This community is so best and so great, not buying anything from Gemstore to support the developers, so the one left way is to implement BLC and things like transmutation charges

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Aodlop.1907" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Because I don't pay for outfits at all, never purchased one. I don't buy outfits because I enjoy being able to customize my gear, hide items, and make combinations.

> > > > > > > > > > > > If you don't want to sell armor sets at the same price as the previous ones, fine. Make them more expensive, as long you make them. I'd pay for it, or I'd farm for it.

> > > > > > > > > > > > I really don't like outfits. Can you please start making armor sets again ? Even if you make them more expensive ?

> > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks. <3

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Are you willing to pay 5000 gems for a new armor set? ANet's implied that it takes 8-9x more effort to produce armor sets: there are multiple weights, more variations of dye channels, the pieces have to mix & match with other skins of the same weight, and so on. People already balk at paying 2k for premium MountFits. It seems unlikely that ANet would be able to price armor sets high enough to significantly increase the rate at which they are released.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > If you want to look at it in that way then the question should be - why are we paying 800 gems for outfits that require 8-9x less work than armor sets and all armor sets are 800 gems from the game beggining?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I'd also prefer more armors, outfits are so NOT unique, makes you feel like army of clones. If you could at least use helmet skins with outfits, maybe it would be a little better.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I'd contest the notion that outfits are not unique. How are they not? How many armor options exist that look like one seamless piece of armor/suit? Most armor looks like it's a jumbled of pieces that vaguely resemble a theme. By the logic that there are MORE jumbled together looks than seamless looks, that already makes it more unique.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > With outfits its the fact that when new one comes out a lot of people wears it for a long time. Also it annoys me when I like 90% of the outfit but not like 1 element and I have no way of fixing it.

> > > > > > > > Not saying outfits are bad, just not very customizable.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Still doesn't invalidate that there are other outfits that isn't the new FotM that you can wear that a lot of people won't be wearing.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > As for the issue with turning off parts, I think it's harder to promote improvements to outfits when you have people bemoaning them as bad, unoriginal, not unique and such. Lol how many "Improve Outfit" threads are there? But beside that, I have, in the past, put forth the idea to add unique custom options for outfits that would basically amount to "check this box to turn off helmet", "check this box to turn off shoulders", "check this box to turn off special unique part" that would be, IMO, pretty easy to implement.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > There are other suggestions for outfits I've made but you get the point.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > in which they could just as much make it an armor. (hint hint)

> > > > >

> > > > > Making outfit parts "layers" that one can turn off and on is not the same as making outfit parts into pieces that fit with 3 different armor weights.

> > > > >

> > > > > There are already outfits where parts can be turned off. (hint hint)

> > > >

> > > > the layers are armor parts, not the other way around.

> > > > i have done enough 3D modeling and modding to know how such things really work, all you do is disabling a part of the costume A.K.A. armor parts.

> > >

> > > Disabling a part doesn't make it a piece of armor, merely something hidden like a clipping mask. More precisely, something hidden with such means isn't beholden to anchor points like armor is.

> > >

> > > If you're so experienced with 3D modeling/modding, shouldn't you know that?

> >

> > fancy words for something as simple as a part of a 3D model, a 3D piece of a frame put together in pieces so the game can connect each piece to a function.

> > looks like armor pieces to me, where each armor piece is nothing but a separate 3D piece with it's own slot entity to distinguish a glove from a chest piece.

> >

> > or are you so stuck in fancy words that it should be done with flair and expertise?

>

> "a 3D piece of a frame put together in pieces so the game can connect each piece to a function" may be the initial means of rendering a model for both armor and outfits but "where each armor piece is nothing but a separate 3D piece with it's own slot entity to distinguish a glove from a chest piece" is not the only consequence of building a piece of armor. Again, armor pieces interact with defined anchor points that make up the armor system and has been described why you can't mix medium armor with, say, heavy armor (because the anchor points don't overlap the same).

On top of that, mixing those anchor points(medium and heavy) on skeletons ripped from the game creates some terrible textures and can break the skeleton really badly.

> @"Cherdakuru.5841" said:

> This community is so best and so great, not buying anything from Gemstore to support the developers, so the one left way is to implement BLC and things like transmutation charges

I'm not sure if you're sarcastic or if I misunderstood you? Please correct me if I'm wrong in any case!

That being said, I have no problems buying mount skins, outfits and other cool things from store. I've spent a ton of money on the Gem Store alone and I don't regret it. I hate spending money ON Transmutation Charges which I WASTE for transmuting armor pieces. It's limited and it gets wasted, which makes me panic a bit when I want to experiment with armor sets and create specific looking armor sets, just to 'test' how certain things will look on my character.

...but then again, that's just me! I'm currently only using one mix-n-match armor set and I am waiting for Haunted Armor outfit to come in store so I can just replace that and forever keep the outfit on <3

> @"Cherdakuru.5841" said:

> > @"Blur.3465" said:

> > Personally...I'd love if we could mix and match pieces of outfits.

> > With that said, I do not like armor pieces due to the transmutation charges. I don't know if it's just me or...I don't know, but I don't feel comfortable experimenting with armor looks due to the limitations with these charges.

> > With outfit you just put it on, dye it and stop worrying if you have to change the look of armor piece because you changed the gear.

> >

> > I really wish transmutation charges never existed though >.<

>

> This community is so best and so great, not buying anything from Gemstore to support the developers, so the one left way is to implement BLC and things like transmutation charges

Barely anyone buys transmutation charges tho. Most players just farm map completion or PvP dailies.

Also, outfits are a part of the gem store which would support the devs if you buy them.

> @"Lambent.6375" said:

> Im not sure what all goes into making new armor sets, but if they sold armor in the gemstore for 3-5k gems, and they sold well, wouldn't they be able to shift more resources to armor design and cut down on the time it takes to make them?

>

I'm not speaking from a position of insight here, but I'd say the only way to specifically decrease the time to develop armor sets is to decrease other modeling development (like weapons, NPC/character rigs, etc) and other relevant workers and funnel them into armor creation...or hire more workers. I don't think money is what's slowing the process down significantly.

> @"Lambent.6375" said:

> Im not sure what all goes into making new armor sets, but if they sold armor in the gemstore for 3-5k gems, and they sold well, wouldn't they be able to shift more resources to armor design and cut down on the time it takes to make them?

>

The problem with armor sets is that they were already parts of the gem store and had a price of 800 gems, if they re-introduce armor in the gem store with prices way above that, it would cause them even more problems. How would the community react if the new armors cost 3k gems while the old ones are at 800 gems?