Best Zerg DPS

Prophet.1584

> @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > Weaver, then staff DD, then hammer rev, then scourge

>

> if you think staff DD can be any good as a DPS class on a zerg you are just *self censored*, but then again you are in KRTA, never fought any propper group because you waypointed/swapped maps sooooo... Answering the OP rev is by far the best most consistent DPS class in WvW followed by scourge, Weaver is only good is you land a sick meteor or 2 on top of a bunch of people who down and then u get the downcleave, so pretty hit or miss depending on how quick/mobile the fights are, for consistent DPS Herald is by far the best option atm.

Also, try using the enter key to break up your rants. Unless you were trying to look like an angry 12 year old, in which case well done!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Straegen.2938" said:

> Firebrand, Scourge and Rev are the go-to classes for a reason and that reason is great damage with exceptional support. Ele and its variants are for PPT since guild groups find the rooting of staff on ele to be an issue.

>

> > @"Edward H Angle.1407" said:

> > A well played soulbeast or daredevil is actually the best DPS by far in a zerg. They also provide plenty of group support with stance share and venom share. My guild routines runs these 2 classes in our comps and we steamroll any group easily.

>

> The wrongness of this cannot be overstated. AoE classes have a ridiculously higher DPS because they are applying shots over 5 or more targets at a time. A Scouge in a zerg will out damage a glassy thief by an order of magnitude. Single target DPS is mostly pointless in an AoE fight. As for group support, both are laughable which is why medium armor classes are generally not welcome in organized guild groups.

See above video, staff DD works just fine if you're able to play it

> @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > Weaver, then staff DD, then hammer rev, then scourge

> >

> > if you think staff DD can be any good as a DPS class on a zerg you are just *self censored*, but then again you are in KRTA, never fought any propper group because you waypointed/swapped maps sooooo... Answering the OP rev is by far the best most consistent DPS class in WvW followed by scourge, Weaver is only good is you land a sick meteor or 2 on top of a bunch of people who down and then u get the downcleave, so pretty hit or miss depending on how quick/mobile the fights are, for consistent DPS Herald is by far the best option atm.

>

>

>

> Also, try using the enter key to break up your rants. Unless you were trying to look like an angry 12 year old, in which case well done!

Video thumbnail is him fully downed that should tell you all you need to know about running a DD on a blob, i mean it will work fine the smaller the groups get, but will nto work on mass scale. DD does not have perma evade, Vault has a small window where u can get hit/get corrupted, the bigger the blob the more corrupts will land through that window hitting you stab u will get feared and insta die.

I am jsut making sure the OP does not take advice from a KRTA member since all you do is run and waypoint, never fought anything u did not massivelly outnumber ever in your whole GW2 career and your video proves it.

> @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > > @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > Weaver, then staff DD, then hammer rev, then scourge

> > >

> > > if you think staff DD can be any good as a DPS class on a zerg you are just *self censored*, but then again you are in KRTA, never fought any propper group because you waypointed/swapped maps sooooo... Answering the OP rev is by far the best most consistent DPS class in WvW followed by scourge, Weaver is only good is you land a sick meteor or 2 on top of a bunch of people who down and then u get the downcleave, so pretty hit or miss depending on how quick/mobile the fights are, for consistent DPS Herald is by far the best option atm.

> >

> >

> >

> > Also, try using the enter key to break up your rants. Unless you were trying to look like an angry 12 year old, in which case well done!

>

> Video thumbnail is him fully downed that should tell you all you need to know about running a DD on a blob, i mean it will work fine the smaller the groups get, but will nto work on mass scale. DD does not have perma evade, Vault has a small window where u can get hit/get corrupted, the bigger the blob the more corrupts will land through that window hitting you stab u will get feared and insta die.

>

> I am jsut making sure the OP does not take advice from a KRTA member since all you do is run and waypoint, never fought anything u did not massivelly outnumber ever in your whole GW2 career and your video proves it.

There's plenty of qvq fights in there. I'm still learning the class, but it can definitely be used to top a damage meter. Saying it can't is ignorant.

Damn, lots of KRTA hate. Did I step on you at some point? Show me in the video which splat you are, I'll put up a banner there for you =D

> @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > @"Prophet.1584" said:

> > So in your opinion which class has the upper hand, a well played scourge or rev?

>

> Rev has higher DPS for sure, but even if scourge had half of rev dps, it would be still needed becouse of boon corrupt.

> Current meta is forced by firebrands that apply almost all possible boons. It forces scourges to boonrip most important ones like stab or prot, so the revs or other dpses can kitten enemies up.

Top skill DPS is the Rev. Essentially need Firebrands to keep the Scourge up and Scourge to keep the Revs thumping. Everything else is mostly utility. GvG groups do mix in special builds and variants to counter other GvG groups but in a Zerg'em down mode those are the meta.

> > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > > > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > > Weaver, then staff DD, then hammer rev, then scourge

> > > >

> > > > if you think staff DD can be any good as a DPS class on a zerg you are just *self censored*, but then again you are in KRTA, never fought any propper group because you waypointed/swapped maps sooooo... Answering the OP rev is by far the best most consistent DPS class in WvW followed by scourge, Weaver is only good is you land a sick meteor or 2 on top of a bunch of people who down and then u get the downcleave, so pretty hit or miss depending on how quick/mobile the fights are, for consistent DPS Herald is by far the best option atm.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Also, try using the enter key to break up your rants. Unless you were trying to look like an angry 12 year old, in which case well done!

> >

> > Video thumbnail is him fully downed that should tell you all you need to know about running a DD on a blob, i mean it will work fine the smaller the groups get, but will nto work on mass scale. DD does not have perma evade, Vault has a small window where u can get hit/get corrupted, the bigger the blob the more corrupts will land through that window hitting you stab u will get feared and insta die.

> >

> > I am jsut making sure the OP does not take advice from a KRTA member since all you do is run and waypoint, never fought anything u did not massivelly outnumber ever in your whole GW2 career and your video proves it.

>

> There's plenty of qvq fights in there. I'm still learning the class, but it can definitely be used to top a damage meter. Saying it can't is ignorant.

>

> kitten, lots of KRTA hate. Did I step on you at some point? Show me in the video which splat you are, I'll put up a banner there for you =D

I mean all KRTA has ever done to me is waypoint on inc the soon the see us coming, and maphopping imediatelly, that is particularly infuriating so yeah you could say i am salty. Now if the OP is to take advice from a member of that kind of guild at least we should point out the context and background of such player/guild dont you think?

You are not fighting anything in those videos only dumb ass pugs with a full mapblob on your side, this video proves nothing try this vs KEK or the BG cookie blob or us and u will see what happens when u vault into 30 competent players fully comped up on a staff DD. But then again to actually get to try this scenario your guild should stop waypointing or maphopping for once.

> @"Prophet.1584" said:

> > @"Straegen.2938" said:

> > Firebrand, Scourge and Rev are the go-to classes for a reason and that reason is great damage with exceptional support. Ele and its variants are for PPT since guild groups find the rooting of staff on ele to be an issue.

> >

> > > @"Edward H Angle.1407" said:

> > > A well played soulbeast or daredevil is actually the best DPS by far in a zerg. They also provide plenty of group support with stance share and venom share. My guild routines runs these 2 classes in our comps and we steamroll any group easily.

> >

> > The wrongness of this cannot be overstated. AoE classes have a ridiculously higher DPS because they are applying shots over 5 or more targets at a time. A Scouge in a zerg will out damage a glassy thief by an order of magnitude. Single target DPS is mostly pointless in an AoE fight. As for group support, both are laughable which is why medium armor classes are generally not welcome in organized guild groups.

>

> So in your opinion which class has the upper hand, a well played scourge or rev?

Weaver should be top dps. Followed by heralds. Scourges' top priority is booncorrupting, not dps (although they do substantial dmg in this power meta, running power stats themselves).

> @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > > @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > > > > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > > > Weaver, then staff DD, then hammer rev, then scourge

> > > > >

> > > > > if you think staff DD can be any good as a DPS class on a zerg you are just *self censored*, but then again you are in KRTA, never fought any propper group because you waypointed/swapped maps sooooo... Answering the OP rev is by far the best most consistent DPS class in WvW followed by scourge, Weaver is only good is you land a sick meteor or 2 on top of a bunch of people who down and then u get the downcleave, so pretty hit or miss depending on how quick/mobile the fights are, for consistent DPS Herald is by far the best option atm.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Also, try using the enter key to break up your rants. Unless you were trying to look like an angry 12 year old, in which case well done!

> > >

> > > Video thumbnail is him fully downed that should tell you all you need to know about running a DD on a blob, i mean it will work fine the smaller the groups get, but will nto work on mass scale. DD does not have perma evade, Vault has a small window where u can get hit/get corrupted, the bigger the blob the more corrupts will land through that window hitting you stab u will get feared and insta die.

> > >

> > > I am jsut making sure the OP does not take advice from a KRTA member since all you do is run and waypoint, never fought anything u did not massivelly outnumber ever in your whole GW2 career and your video proves it.

> >

> > There's plenty of qvq fights in there. I'm still learning the class, but it can definitely be used to top a damage meter. Saying it can't is ignorant.

> >

> > kitten, lots of KRTA hate. Did I step on you at some point? Show me in the video which splat you are, I'll put up a banner there for you =D

>

> I mean all KRTA has ever done to me is waypoint on inc the soon the see us coming, and maphopping imediatelly, that is particularly infuriating so yeah you could say i am salty. Now if the OP is to take advice from a member of that kind of guild at least we should point out the context and background of such player/guild dont you think?

>

> You are not fighting anything in those videos only dumb kitten pugs with a full mapblob on your side, this video proves nothing try this vs KEK or the BG cookie blob or us and u will see what happens when u vault into 30 competent players fully comped up on a staff DD. But then again to actually get to try this scenario your guild should stop waypointing or maphopping for once.

Why on earth would we continue to fight a group that we're losing against? You realize other guilds aren't responsible for your enjoyment right?

There's an easy rule for vaulting into competent players, don't jump into the middle of the group. cleave off people on the sides and wait 7s after the enemy scourges bomb to dive in. If you don't have the reaction time to play staff DD, stick with your rev (until it gets nerfed tuesday =D)

> > @"Edward H Angle.1407" said:

> > A well played soulbeast or daredevil is actually the best DPS by far in a zerg. They also provide plenty of group support with stance share and venom share. My guild routines runs these 2 classes in our comps and we steamroll any group easily.

>

> Soulbeast? Plz tell me something about it cuz I'm rly not sure if ur trolling or I missed something.

> BTW thief has good dps, but it's hard to play, 1 bad move and ull die from random aoe.

> As mentioned revs and eles has highest dps, but rev is much safer, and gives some more to the squad.

Edit: This is not my vid.

> @"Sleepwalker.1398" said:

> > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > A well played soulbeast or daredevil is actually the best DPS by far in a zerg. They also provide plenty of group support with stance share and venom share. My guild routines runs these 2 classes in our comps and we steamroll any group easily.

> >

> > Soulbeast? Plz tell me something about it cuz I'm rly not sure if ur trolling or I missed something.

> > BTW thief has good dps, but it's hard to play, 1 bad move and ull die from random aoe.

> > As mentioned revs and eles has highest dps, but rev is much safer, and gives some more to the squad.

>

>

> Edit: This is not my vid.

This looks like the trash version of a DH trap build

Weaver is probably the highest damage, though they struggle to land skills in highly mobile fights. In fights where both zergs are constantly moving/pushing through eachother with superspeed/veils, rev and staff DD is probably the highest damage. For anything else weaver is usually top since one meteor shower often does 200k+damage.

> @"Sleepwalker.1398" said:

> >

> > Soulbeast? Plz tell me something about it cuz I'm rly not sure if ur trolling or I missed something.

> > BTW thief has good dps, but it's hard to play, 1 bad move and ull die from random aoe.

> > As mentioned revs and eles has highest dps, but rev is much safer, and gives some more to the squad.

>

>

> Edit: This is not my vid.

99% of this is you running into groups of like 10 doing damage that wouldn't even move most player's health pool, then you get roflstomped until you have to escape...

For my fight guild DPS wise the past 3 months:

Zerg fights: Rev, Scrg, Ele. Zerg fights for my server are mobile, more like pirate ship zerg fights. Ele's aren't super effective.

Zerg Busting: Scrg Rev, Ele. When we Zbust we typically might, and side flank dropping literally everything bomb wise, and scourge tends to have highest overall DPS in those moments.

PvE: Ele, Rev, Scrg. Every keep lord I've ever seen has an ele at #1dps followed by a rev close 2nd.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > snip

> check yourself before you rek yourself. staff dd works fine. lays uses it.

As someone already said. It's fine in smaller - UP to 30x 30 if u place urself correctly, in bigger fights it dies in 1 animation lock of vault and can't get any close to other mentioned specs (I don't mean soulbeast). Perform best in 10-20 member squads

Edit. It's usefull in big blob fights only to chase already destroyed groups, but in a strict blob fight its useless

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > snip

> > check yourself before you rek yourself. staff dd works fine. lays uses it.

>

> As someone already said. It's fine in smaller - UP to 30x 30 if u place urself correctly, in bigger fights it dies in 1 animation lock of vault and can't get any close to other mentioned specs (I don't mean soulbeast). Perform best in 10-20 member squads

> Edit. It's usefull in big blob fights only to chase already destroyed groups, but in a strict blob fight its useless

3rd clip into the video is qvq, staff dd works fine in big numbers so long as you're careful and the game doesn't lock up from lag

It isn't ideal for qvq, but it's doable if someone spends the time to get good with it

A the top 5-10% of weavers will outdps revs (even the best revs) by quite a bit; however, they are few and far between, the remaining 90-95% of weavers wont crack the top 10. In general, would not recommend weaver to most people, and I dont play it myself.

Revs will out damage scourges for most fights, especially proper zerg vs zerg fights.

Rangers and theives are essentially useless vs a proper opposing zerg which should typically have large amounts of projectile reflect, absorb, etc up.

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > > > snip

> > > check yourself before you rek yourself. staff dd works fine. lays uses it.

> >

> > As someone already said. It's fine in smaller - UP to 30x 30 if u place urself correctly, in bigger fights it dies in 1 animation lock of vault and can't get any close to other mentioned specs (I don't mean soulbeast). Perform best in 10-20 member squads

> > Edit. It's usefull in big blob fights only to chase already destroyed groups, but in a strict blob fight its useless

>

> 3rd clip into the video is qvq, staff dd works fine in big numbers so long as you're careful and the game doesn't lock up from lag

>

> It isn't ideal for qvq, but it's doable if someone spends the time to get good with it

Yea sure, but now try it with organised stacked blob

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > snip

> check yourself before you rek yourself. staff dd works fine. lays uses it.

M8 GvG has nothing to do with zerging, like sure staff DD works in GvG we use 2 of them, that is meta. It does not mean it works in zergs, like whatver works in 5v5 or 15v15 dont necesary work across the board all the way up to 70v70, the OP is not in a GvG guild, he is a pug looking to tag alongside a random pug commander, in this care thief just sucks ass. Thief just does not scale well with numbers because as i said the more people you fight the more dangerous it is to go melee as a thief due the small window u get hit after the vault iframe, you get corrupted+fear+death, in a 5v5 the risk of getting corrupted through within that small window is minimal in a 70v70 where the blobs cant even aproach each other it is almost certain death. Play the game a little the comment, thanks