We Now Play In A Game Mode Where You Have To Burn Through 3 Health Bars To Kill Someone

K THEN.5162

> @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> In case you didn't know, people can use them to contest camps while waiting for allies to respawn. It's much more annoying than the wasted time chasing some random person on a mount in the middle of nowhere.

I don't understand what this gotta do with zerglings getting "ganked" running back to zerg.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Farout.8207" said:

> > @"Archeia.8905" said:

> > > @"Farout.8207" said:

> > >

> > > Nobody asked for it and it is killing my preferred game mode.

> >

> > Plenty of people asked for it lol. Overall wvw is more active than I've seen it in awhile so idk how the mount is killing the game mode. Does it have issues? sure. They can be fixed tho. QQ'ing about it isn't going to change anything since it's here to stay.

> >

> >

>

> How much time do you have playing WvW? Not trying to be rude, just trying to get some perspective about the people that are all for it.

somewhere around 3400 hours. I'm not saying there aren't issues with it (like it shouldn't be immune to CC thats just silly/maybe remove 1 endurance bar so you only have 2 leaps?) but crying without offering opinions on possible nerfs/ways to balance it are rather pointless, like much of the forum is doing at the moment. They wont remove it after all.

Personally while the mount has issues it's made WvW feel a bit less stale for me and I'm pretty happy that WvW finally has an exclusive and unique reward tied to it, I do think it's a shame the collection was so easy to finish and could have had a bit more of a grind to keep people around a bit longer imo. Although if they intend to add additional mounts in the future to WvW (hopefully more balanced ones) I'd like the collections to require a bit more grind to them.

Also the big issue with things is player retention. The influx of new players is great but the real question is will they stick around. I've seen/heard from several people that they intend to but the question is will the gain of new players outweigh the loss of veterans that're apparently quitting (personally I dont know any since most of the old WvW'ers already quit lol)

> @"tobin.6754" said:

> > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

>

> > In case you didn't know, people can use them to contest camps while waiting for allies to respawn. It's much more annoying than the wasted time chasing some random person on a mount in the middle of nowhere.

>

> I don't understand what this gotta do with zerglings getting "ganked" running back to zerg.

>

And I don't understand why 10k extra hp matters in a fight that is almost completely pointless.

> @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> And I don't understand why 10k extra hp matters in a fight that is almost completely pointless.

It's more than just 10k hp, but I don't think anything said here will change people's minds.

Anet might as well make people on mount immune to damage, so they can avoid all fight.

> @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > @"tobin.6754" said:

> > > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> >

> > > In case you didn't know, people can use them to contest camps while waiting for allies to respawn. It's much more annoying than the wasted time chasing some random person on a mount in the middle of nowhere.

> >

> > I don't understand what this gotta do with zerglings getting "ganked" running back to zerg.

> >

>

> And I don't understand why 10k extra hp matters in a fight that is almost completely pointless.

Its not just 10k hp. The fact you think that is all it is tells me you shouldn't speak on balance much if that is all you see it as. Its 10k hp with 3 dodges. Non CCable. Requires a ton of burst to dismount. Leaving me with no cooldowns if I even manage to dismount. At which point you can hop off and have all of your cooldowns. Not very engaging.

> @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > @"tobin.6754" said:

> > > > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > >

> > > > In case you didn't know, people can use them to contest camps while waiting for allies to respawn. It's much more annoying than the wasted time chasing some random person on a mount in the middle of nowhere.

> > >

> > > I don't understand what this gotta do with zerglings getting "ganked" running back to zerg.

> > >

> >

> > And I don't understand why 10k extra hp matters in a fight that is almost completely pointless.

>

> Its not just 10k hp. The fact you think that is all it is tells me you shouldn't speak on balance much if that is all you see it as. Its 10k hp with 3 dodges. Non CCable. Requires a ton of burst to dismount. Leaving me with no cooldowns if I even manage to dismount. At which point you can hop off and have all of your cooldowns. Not very engaging.

Unless the person you want to dismount is capping or defending something , your struggle has as much to do with balance as costume brawl fights.

> @"tobin.6754" said:

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

>

> > That's not really the point. The point is why is it such a huge loss if people like that get away? Wouldn't you rather encounter players who actually want to fight a roamer? I mean, I'm not above killing people just because I see them and they're on the enemy team, but when they can't even put up a fight it's nowhere near as fun as encountering your nemesis on the field - the one who will give you a good fight every time and you never know who will come out on top.

> >

> > I guess that's why I have a positive view of the warclaw? It gets me to those fights I want in less time and brings those same enemies to me faster as well. Who cares if helpless players who I will kill in <10 seconds get away more often?

>

> Maybe those players should learn to fight? How do you get better if you just run away?

>

> The mount didn't change much for me, roaming has been dead anyway with the "marked" debuff and stale balancing. Now people just avoid fight altogether .

Maybe they don't have solo roamer builds on? Maybe they have no interest in pointless one v one in the middle of no where when they aren't built for it against someone who clearly is?

Maybe they know exactly how to fight- and that doesn't include pandering to some solo specc'd 'roamer' who thinks they should stop and fight on a build not meant for it, they'd rather get back to the group where their build functions?

So far my record for longest 1vX CHASE ME is from ABL nwc to land just south of bay WG reservoir. I got dismounted somewhere around the moas at east bay wall and probably would've gotten further on foot if the other team hadn't sandwhiched me and my pursuers in from the south. It's OK though because I didn't die alone :).

Anyway, testing continues!

> @"Baldrick.8967" said:

> > @"tobin.6754" said:

> > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> >

> > > That's not really the point. The point is why is it such a huge loss if people like that get away? Wouldn't you rather encounter players who actually want to fight a roamer? I mean, I'm not above killing people just because I see them and they're on the enemy team, but when they can't even put up a fight it's nowhere near as fun as encountering your nemesis on the field - the one who will give you a good fight every time and you never know who will come out on top.

> > >

> > > I guess that's why I have a positive view of the warclaw? It gets me to those fights I want in less time and brings those same enemies to me faster as well. Who cares if helpless players who I will kill in <10 seconds get away more often?

> >

> > Maybe those players should learn to fight? How do you get better if you just run away?

> >

> > The mount didn't change much for me, roaming has been dead anyway with the "marked" debuff and stale balancing. Now people just avoid fight altogether .

>

> Maybe they don't have solo roamer builds on? Maybe they have no interest in pointless one v one in the middle of no where when they aren't built for it against someone who clearly is?

>

> Maybe they know exactly how to fight- and that doesn't include pandering to some solo specc'd 'roamer' who thinks they should stop and fight on a build not meant for it, they'd rather get back to the group where their build functions?

I think this guy hit the nail on the head.

> @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > No more Mesmer 1-shot shatter combo from invis for you hehehehe

>

> Just nvm. You paste the same heheheeheher thing everywhere you go and call all roamers 1 shot builds then go make a thread saying you're a roamer. Just stop.

His problem was that he wanted to roam cause he has no zerg that wants him, but refused to get off the one class he knows to do it.

> @"Baldrick.8967" said:

> Maybe they don't have solo roamer builds on? Maybe they have no interest in pointless one v one in the middle of no where when they aren't built for it against someone who clearly is?

>

> Maybe they know exactly how to fight- and that doesn't include pandering to some solo specc'd 'roamer' who thinks they should stop and fight on a build not meant for it, they'd rather get back to the group where their build functions?

There's no pandering. Unless, of course, you're saying that everybody should be able to pick and choose what fights they have? Because that's one of the primary functions of a roamer; to help their team by doing exactly as you say and preventing someone with a zerg build from getting back to their group, **where they are most effective**, generating score while doing so. It's not just about 1v1 fights.

Sure, prior to this update, if OoC, you had the option to WP to avoid fights, but that meant going back and taking another route which meant the roamer was still just as effective at hampering that person's return to the zerg, minus the kill score.

WvW is an open PvP mode. All encounters are different. If you are running a zerg build and are caught out of position in a 1v1 situation by someone with a build that excels in those circumstances, they have the advantage. The inverse is the same.

It also plays into class balance in the sense that it reduces the effectiveness of classes/builds with a penchant for mobility and engages/escapes, while effectively buffing classes/builds that purposely don't have those things.

> @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > @"tobin.6754" said:

> > > > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > >

> > > > In case you didn't know, people can use them to contest camps while waiting for allies to respawn. It's much more annoying than the wasted time chasing some random person on a mount in the middle of nowhere.

> > >

> > > I don't understand what this gotta do with zerglings getting "ganked" running back to zerg.

> > >

> >

> > And I don't understand why 10k extra hp matters in a fight that is almost completely pointless.

>

> Its not just 10k hp. The fact you think that is all it is tells me you shouldn't speak on balance much if that is all you see it as. Its 10k hp with 3 dodges. Non CCable. Requires a ton of burst to dismount. Leaving me with no cooldowns if I even manage to dismount. At which point you can hop off and have all of your cooldowns. Not very engaging.

It's like the spirits of the renegades

If you Alone IT requires a little focus to kill (except you gotta kill a moveable object and ruin a Burst)

OR you let 10 minstrel fb's sneeze on IT

There's a difference

Yes as skilled guildgroup you can easily kill the nonbuffed mounts trying to engage

As a roamer there's nothing you can do against IT. Same counts if you running around 4-5

> @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > No more Mesmer 1-shot shatter combo from invis for you hehehehe

>

> Just nvm. You paste the same heheheeheher thing everywhere you go and call all roamers 1 shot builds then go make a thread saying you're a roamer. Just stop.

This player runs 30k, how can someone get "1shot" with that health in the first place

> @"Archeia.8905" said:

> > @"Farout.8207" said:

> >

> > Nobody asked for it and it is killing my preferred game mode.

>

> Plenty of people asked for it lol. Overall wvw is more active than I've seen it in awhile so idk how the mount is killing the game mode. Does it have issues? sure. They can be fixed tho. QQ'ing about it isn't going to change anything since it's here to stay.

>

>

There was plenty of players around for beetle race too.

> Add more game-specific counterplay to mounts. Ballista #3 skill dismounting was a very good choice, but I think we could have more. Perhaps a layable trap or even a new piece of siege (a canon that eats 5 supply from you and fires a net and all it does is dismount players).

Detection trap and skill for stealth has always been a joke. The last thing we need is to build a trap or siege to stop a mounted player. One of the two scenarios, the mounted player will be long gone by then or already engaged you :lol:. Last but not least, supplies (starter players can't carry alot of supplies.)

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"tobin.6754" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > if people don't wanna fight why bother? theyre probably on a zerg build and not much of a challenge anyways.

> >

> > If they don't want to fight, why bother coming to a competitive game mode? Most people that get "ganked" running back to zerg will end up being 1 push anyway.

>

> they want to fight. in zergs. sort of obvious.

Also, scouting. I play a zerker staff Ele (Tempest) and have done for six years. I have literally no interest in fighting anyone 1v1. About the only way I'd win would be if my opponent was afk. I'm either backline with a zerg, taking out siege or, often, watching the map and calling out reports. I frequently travel across the map to see what's happening when swords pop or something contests so I can call it in map or team. The Mount is somewhat useful for that now but, due to my pre-existing hatred of mounts due to their extreme nausea-inducing inertia, I'm not using mine if I can possibly avoid it.

The point is, there are legitimate activities WvW players can be involved in that don't involve fighting other players 1v1. Yes, it's a competetive game mode but it was designed as a competetive Team-based game mode based on taking and holding structures and dominating territory. I realize that died for a lot of people years ago because of a series of poor design decisions by the developers but there are still people who make some attempt to play the game mode the way it was originally intended, increasingly pointless though that seems even to those of us still doing it.

Also, on the idea that just because the Warclaw is here it will always be here and we should all stop whining about... they said that about all BLs being Desert BL. Not that I think the mount will be removed but it's been proven before that enough people whining loudly enough for long enough can wear away stone.

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > > No more Mesmer 1-shot shatter combo from invis for you hehehehe

> >

> > Just nvm. You paste the same heheheeheher thing everywhere you go and call all roamers 1 shot builds then go make a thread saying you're a roamer. Just stop.

>

> This player runs 30k, how can someone get "1shot" with that health in the first place

I’ll take that guess: He’s bad?

yup i agree. i dont even bother fighting someone if he/she is on a mount. Just not worth it and low chance of successs. Same goes both ways. Ive seen a zerg come around a corner. I hop on my mount and because im in my own controlled territory the enemy has ZERO chance of catching me. Previously i would have been dead meat.

Stupid design.

Mount needs to be susceptible to CC, plus lower HP. It should purely be for mobility just like in PVE.

How many people crying about mount are in the wood league I wonder. Nobody cares about you solos and your precious camp. That's a waste of time and any good group will tell you not to chase squirrels.

If someone runs from you maybe your just not worth their time. I know that hurts the ego but it's true. Think I'm gunna miss a good fight to get kited by 3 mirage. heh..hehe

> @"K THEN.5162" said:

>this mount has completely robbed numerous people of the desire to engage in combat completely.

Incorrect. The mount has completely robbed players from engaging in one sided combat. If two players want to fight each other, they aren't going to stay mounted for long. The people who aren't engaging in combat on the mount now probably didn't want to before they got the mount, except now they have a choice in the matter, vs. before they were just run down by high mobility Mesmer/Ranger/Holo/Thief, and those health pools you are complaining about, were gone within 1.5 seconds (at least according to combat logs).

The Warclaw hasn't ruined WvW, it has just shaken up the playstyle a bit, which is a good thing. If that means those who solo roam have to live with only fighting against willing opponents vs. anyone who crosses their path, well sorry for your loss. If playing 1v1 is your thing, you might be better off in Conquest mode, but then again many roamers aren't interested in straight up 1v1, but would rather just ambush other players for easy kills.