Want to change race but ... bag slots?!

They would be gone, yes.

Having them account bound so one could move around which alt has them would be very nice indeed. It would probably mean some coding to make an unlocked slot convertible to an item again, and might run into problems if it has the same difficulty as removing unlocked wardrobe items, but since they're working on QoL stuff maybe something like this could happen? Maybe?

> @"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:

> i have 5 additional bags on my main human guardian and had to buy them all over again.

> That would be 2000 gems (25€). somehow. i dont know ...

> let us move them around

>

> btw. what would happen if i delete the character with the additional bag slots? would they be gone?

Having them account bound also takes away a nice source of income for ArenaNet, it's not really that expensive if you just wait until they go on sale.

It would be nice if either we could extract them like we do bags from one character to put on another or just have an interface to allow us to allot them dynamically. I think the former would be easier. With the recent bag drop changes I wouldn't mind re-allotting my extra slots to other characters.

I went through this last year with some storage characters. I needed all of them, but had created 2 too many norns for my 1 of every race of every profession side project. It was a question of ocd over bag money, and no matter which 2 norns I scrapped, I'd lose gem bought bag slots, but if I didn't scrap 2 norns and create an asura Rev and charr Rev then I'd have to get 2 more character slots for the race/profession side project. In the end I deleted 2 of the norns and ate the bag cost.

You know, just for an experiment, it might be worth making a ticket.

Make a new character, tell anet you’ll delete character x with extra slots (picture proof)

**wait for their confirmation**

Delete the character, and receive new bag upgrades in the mail.

A process that may take a whole week, but *should* work, if anet cooperates.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:

> > i have 5 additional bags on my main human guardian and had to buy them all over again.

> > That would be 2000 gems (25€). somehow. i dont know ...

> > let us move them around

> >

> > btw. what would happen if i delete the character with the additional bag slots? would they be gone?

>

> Having them account bound also takes away a nice source of income for ArenaNet, it's not really that expensive if you just wait until they go on sale.

sure thats a point from Anet, but not very customer friendly

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > @"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:

> > > i have 5 additional bags on my main human guardian and had to buy them all over again.

> > > That would be 2000 gems (25€). somehow. i dont know ...

> > > let us move them around

> > >

> > > btw. what would happen if i delete the character with the additional bag slots? would they be gone?

> >

> > Having them account bound also takes away a nice source of income for ArenaNet, it's not really that expensive if you just wait until they go on sale.

>

> sure thats a point from Anet, but not very customer friendly

Buy another character slot and keep your guardian as a mule or unid opener

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:

> > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > > @"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:

> > > > i have 5 additional bags on my main human guardian and had to buy them all over again.

> > > > That would be 2000 gems (25€). somehow. i dont know ...

> > > > let us move them around

> > > >

> > > > btw. what would happen if i delete the character with the additional bag slots? would they be gone?

> > >

> > > Having them account bound also takes away a nice source of income for ArenaNet, it's not really that expensive if you just wait until they go on sale.

> >

> > sure thats a point from Anet, but not very customer friendly

>

> Buy another character slot and keep your guardian as a mule or unid opener

oh i would, i would never delete that character :-) 100% map

but running around doing stuff with only 4 bags is very annoying.

i just asked what would happen IF i would delete that character. maybe anet would resend you the bag slots to another character.

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > > > @"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:

> > > > > i have 5 additional bags on my main human guardian and had to buy them all over again.

> > > > > That would be 2000 gems (25€). somehow. i dont know ...

> > > > > let us move them around

> > > > >

> > > > > btw. what would happen if i delete the character with the additional bag slots? would they be gone?

> > > >

> > > > Having them account bound also takes away a nice source of income for ArenaNet, it's not really that expensive if you just wait until they go on sale.

> > >

> > > sure thats a point from Anet, but not very customer friendly

> >

> > Buy another character slot and keep your guardian as a mule or unid opener

>

> oh i would, i would never delete that character :-) 100% map

> but running around doing stuff with only 4 bags is very annoying.

>

> i just asked what would happen IF i would delete that character. maybe anet would resend you the bag slots to another character.

It states on the wiki that there is no way to recover bag slots when a character is deleted. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bag_Slot_Expansion

Also personally I'd not raise a ticket as someone else suggested as support probably still have a tonne of tickets to sort, sending them one for something like this as a "test" to see if you can get bag slots transferred/back (which the wiki already says you won't) will just slow support down for players who have tickets with actual issues that need sorting.

While it would be nice to transfer slots, I think it's fair for Anet to be able to make some money from them, after all they aren't needed, and with the change to gear I've found just having 20 slot bags is sufficient on my alts for doing world & expansion completion, just do a quick inventory cleanup after each map or two and your good to go. Then for opening more unid gear at a time I just put it in the bank and open on my main with max slots.

Of course as someone else said, if you want them then wait till sale to help soften the blow.

This needs to be fixed and a much needed QoL improvement that I have wanted for ages.

when you buy bank or shared inventory slots they are accessible by all of your characters. Why not bag slots? You still have to buy the bag to put in the slot to hold the items so why not? Its a rhetorical question because the only fathomable reason is for gems purchases.

My suggestion would be for anet to tally up the total number of bag slots purchased for an account and anything over the max amount of bag slots reached reimburse with gems for all the extra bag purchases.

What's the selling point here? Hey common buy and extra character slot so you can buy more bag slots! huzah sign me up!

Meanwhile I have a stockpile of bag slot unlocks that I'll likely never use, especially now that they've altered unidentified gear to save bag space. It would be great if these were in some way exchangeable - either giftable after purchase (as long as they haven't been used) or exchangeable for some kind of exchange token to be swapped for other goods.

> @"Excursion.9752" said:

> This needs to be fixed and a much needed QoL improvement that I have wanted for ages.

>

> when you buy bank or shared inventory slots they are accessible by all of your characters. Why not bag slots? You still have to buy the bag to put in the slot to hold the items so why not? Its a rhetorical question because the only fathomable reason is for gems purchases.

>

> My suggestion would be for anet to tally up the total number of bag slots purchased for an account and anything over the max amount of bag slots reached reimburse with gems for all the extra bag purchases.

>

> What's the selling point here? Hey common buy and extra character slot so you can buy more bag slots! huzah sign me up!

>

Bank/shared slots are obviously much different than bag slots which is why.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > This needs to be fixed and a much needed QoL improvement that I have wanted for ages.

> >

> > when you buy bank or shared inventory slots they are accessible by all of your characters. Why not bag slots? You still have to buy the bag to put in the slot to hold the items so why not? Its a rhetorical question because the only fathomable reason is for gems purchases.

> >

> > My suggestion would be for anet to tally up the total number of bag slots purchased for an account and anything over the max amount of bag slots reached reimburse with gems for all the extra bag purchases.

> >

> > What's the selling point here? Hey common buy and extra character slot so you can buy more bag slots! huzah sign me up!

> >

>

> Bank/shared slots are obviously much different than bag slots which is why.

That's a matter of perspective. I don't see it that way. Buying a slot is buying a slot regardless and I feel they should be account wide. They simply just made the decision to make it individualized. It does not have to be. I am not saying I don't understand why. I think it discourages making new or playing alts that do not have what you feel is efficient bag space. People should not be torn about wasting money because they want to delete a character that they used gems on. Going to account bound slots would cure this.

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > i have 5 additional bags on my main human guardian and had to buy them all over again.

> > > That would be 2000 gems (25€). somehow. i dont know ...

> > > let us move them around

> > >

> > > btw. what would happen if i delete the character with the additional bag slots? would they be gone?

> >

> > Having them account bound also takes away a nice source of income for ArenaNet, it's not really that expensive if you just wait until they go on sale.

>

> sure thats a point from Anet, but not very customer friendly

If i've learned anyting, its that the potential abuse works both ways. I don't understand what it is about the last 2 years that has caused players across multiple games to suddenly start treating any money paid in as infinitely recycled store credit. Especially given the model of unlocks over consumables this game uses, compared to what you'd normally see in games that are this much of a casual magnet.

As much one could argue the game's structure creating this situation, you can just as easily argue that the purpose of the item hasn't changed. And the changes to UID gear don't invalidate the value of the bag slots to the character, and the new UID gear is far more convenient then it was before. You're not benefiting less from it, it simply less of a perceived necessity.

Which leads to the real worthwhile debate- What constitutes investment in a PC, now that players can become so disconnected from then to be considered disposable?

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > What's the selling point here? Hey common buy and extra character slot so you can buy more bag slots! huzah sign me up!

> > >

> >

> > Bank/shared slots are obviously much different than bag slots which is why.

> That's a matter of perspective. I don't see it that way. Buying a slot is buying a slot regardless and I feel they should be account wide. They simply just made the decision to make it individualized. It does not have to be. I am not saying I don't understand why. I think it discourages making new or playing alts that do not have what you feel is efficient bag space. People should not be torn about wasting money because they want to delete a character that they used gems on. Going to account bound slots would cure this.

ANet could make inventory slot expansions accountwide rather than per character, but then the price would have to be raised accordingly.

However, people with few / no alts would actually be paying a lot more for less returns, compared to players with multiple characters. Hence, the fair price is per character and per bag.

> > > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > > This needs to be fixed and a much needed QoL improvement that I have wanted for ages.

> > >

> > > when you buy bank or shared inventory slots they are accessible by all of your characters. Why not bag slots? You still have to buy the bag to put in the slot to hold the items so why not? Its a rhetorical question because the only fathomable reason is for gems purchases.

> > >

> > > My suggestion would be for anet to tally up the total number of bag slots purchased for an account and anything over the max amount of bag slots reached reimburse with gems for all the extra bag purchases.

> > >

> > > What's the selling point here? Hey common buy and extra character slot so you can buy more bag slots! huzah sign me up!

> > >

> >

> That's a matter of perspective. I don't see it that way. Buying a slot is buying a slot regardless and I feel they should be account wide. They simply just made the decision to make it individualized. It does not have to be. I am not saying I don't understand why. I think it discourages making new or playing alts that do not have what you feel is efficient bag space. People should not be torn about wasting money because they want to delete a character that they used gems on. Going to account bound slots would cure this.

Bank/shared slots are by definition meant to be used across all characters. Bank tabs are not ever restricted to a single character nor or shared slots. What this means is that if you put an item into any of the bank/shared slots, it's accessible to all players. Bag slots are different as the items in the bag slot are only accessible on that character. Big difference.

> > > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > > This needs to be fixed and a much needed QoL improvement that I have wanted for ages.

> > >

> > > when you buy bank or shared inventory slots they are accessible by all of your characters. Why not bag slots? You still have to buy the bag to put in the slot to hold the items so why not? Its a rhetorical question because the only fathomable reason is for gems purchases.

> > >

> > > My suggestion would be for anet to tally up the total number of bag slots purchased for an account and anything over the max amount of bag slots reached reimburse with gems for all the extra bag purchases.

> > >

> > >

> >

Look at it from another perspective...what is the point of disposable income? Theoretically players are spending disposable income(if not converting gold to gems) for cosmetics and items like bag slots. So the question then would be do you feel like it's a waste of your disposable income to spend it on the same item for different characters? Personally I have bought bag slots for several of my characters, but not all of them, mostly because I tend to only play one or two(even if I have a dozen or so) and I don't mind spending my money on the game. I think it's up to each individual person to decide whether or not an item is important to them enough to purchase said items or not.

I've never bought (and likely never will) buy a bag slot simply because they are character bound. No single character really needs the extra space that badly. However, I have bought shared inventory slots, which has indirectly freed up slots for all of my characters (move things like food, boosters, etc, into those slots).

If bag slots were account wide, I would be more inclined to buy them, depending on price (probably around 1000 gems/slot would be my upper limit, however). That would certainly be less gems than buying bag slots at 400 gems/character, but since I'm never going to buy them, that isn't money they are seeing anyways.