Thanks for the purple mask, but....

Its not purple - its pink. By any definition i thought i knew and even researched in the internet.

I mean.. thanks, really... i know its a present and i appreciate it.

But so goes my hope to ever get a purple - real purple - - mask poof...

Edit: btw, this is purple:

D5QVpJS.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a light purple, wouldn't call it pink just yet. Remember that every human perceives color differently and women can see and tell them apart even better than men, hence the bit of a meme of men simply calling things blue, women referring to it by the shade of blue.

THB it looks purple to me so no issues there... except - when transmuting the head piece to show the eyes.. it now shows the headpiece and the eyes.. if I don't want to see the helmet I cant have the eyes.

This is not what happens with the other colored eyes/masks in game. If I want to not show helmet then that is one thing but surely if you transmute the helmet it should not then be a helmet anymore its the purple eye mask.... bugged or as planned?

EDIT.. just tried transmuting another helm to Inventor sunglasses.. same thing now happens.. I get the helm showing not the sunglasses, so something is definitely borked with transmuting imo

EDIT - Sorted the appearance issue.. even though I had an outfit selected and not in use it was seemingly thinking it was.. a quick outfit change and select/deselect fixed the issue... and it looks purple, in fact it matches my purple warrior perfectly as afar as my eyes can see at least.

Maybe its the different graphic settings - on everything max/ultra settings its magenta - same color as the magenta dye ingame. If not event the guild wars 2 deffinition of magenta (which is not violet Ashantara, im sorry) is not enough then i dont know how to describe it.

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> Wish it was available outside US

I thought the purple mask was available everywhere - you just had to sign up for the newsletter to get it. (I can't log in to check for another few hours, but the announcement certainly made it sound like it was world-wide.)

It was the dragon t-shirt outfit promotion which was exclusive to the US.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > Wish it was available outside US

>

> I thought the purple mask was available everywhere - you just had to sign up for the newsletter to get it. (I can't log in to check for another few hours, but the announcement certainly made it sound like it was world-wide.)

>

> It was the dragon t-shirt outfit promotion which was exclusive to the US.

Hmm, I must look into this again. I could have sworn i saw it was US only

> @"Mil.3562" said:

> Can we agree on.. it's pinkish purple? :D

yeah =) guess its describes it quite accurate.

Dont know.. for me purple is more (talking gw2 colors) like: black light, arcane, violite, fear, cobolt, blodstone indigo, even electro purple - less red than blue i guess?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shades_of_purple

I also often use the following as a quick guide on common colors with their names.

https://digitalsynopsis.com/design/color-thesaurus-correct-names-of-shades/

It could help in identifying other colors in the game. I also heard that you could take the picture into any graphics software and use the color picker tool to figure out it’s RGB and color name.