Warclaw allows me to play support build!

Ryudnard.2587

Back in the day, I would have never been able to play my healing ele in WvW. It was near impossible for me to reach to the tag.

There were thiefs and the small elite group camping/ganking me and I had no means to escape or survive. It almost felt like griefing. I hated WvW for that reason. It reminded me of the corpse camping in WoW.

Now that I have a warclaw, they only catch me if theres more than 4 people nuking the hell out of me at the same time, and my position was bad and did not dodge. Under my territory, I find myself very comfortable surviving from them. If it is the enemey terriotry, highly likely they will outrun me and I die eventually.

I think this is fair. I always have a choice. If i want to fight the roamers that are camping, i can dismount and fight. If I want to ditch them, I will do it but they can still catch me fairly easy if it is their territory.

It makes ppt matters.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"steki.1478" said:

> How do you even die on a heal ele in zergs? Or outrun+outheal a bunch of thieves?

>

> How is any of this related to ppt? lol

Just...nod your head.....let them have this moment.....

Trust me, it makes sense if you don't think about it.

My thief can outrun a centaur.

But in all seriousness, I had roamed on thief for about 2 years because it was the fastest way to get anywhere and could win 1v1s against most things that weren't spamming conditions (in which case I'd just run away since I can't usually win that one). Nothing could catch my build unmounted, maybe a couple revs (yes, revs) got close, but ultimately I could lose them or they were so far ahead of their friends I could properly 1v1 them.

Now with mounts, I no longer feel compelled to play thief, since all classes and builds get across the map equally quickly. Once I'm in combat on most classes I have to fight, which is fine, but I no longer have to gimp myself with a swiftness build or runes of the traveler to roam on anything that isn't a thief.

> @"Ryudnard.2587" said:

> Back in the day, I would have never been able to play my healing ele in WvW. It was near impossible for me to reach to the tag.

>

> There were thiefs and the small elite group camping/ganking me and I had no means to escape or survive. It almost felt like griefing. I hated WvW for that reason. It reminded me of the corpse camping in WoW.

>

> Now that I have a warclaw, they only catch me if theres more than 4 people nuking the hell out of me at the same time, and my position was bad and did not dodge. Under my territory, I find myself very comfortable surviving from them. If it is the enemey terriotry, highly likely they will outrun me and I die eventually.

>

> I think this is fair. I always have a choice. If i want to fight the roamers that are camping, i can dismount and fight. If I want to ditch them, I will do it but they can still catch me fairly easy if it is their territory.

>

> It makes ppt matters.

welcome back to WvW, tell us when u left again cus if u died back then u will still die nowadays.

thief can still take u off your mount easily if they want to so i dunno wtf u based ur shit on but i give it 3 days and ur never gonna come back in WvW untill next wvw exclusive thing.

> @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> My thief can outrun a centaur.

>

> But in all seriousness, I had roamed on thief for about 2 years because it was the fastest way to get anywhere and could win 1v1s against most things that weren't spamming conditions (in which case I'd just run away since I can't usually win that one). Nothing could catch my build unmounted, maybe a couple revs (yes, revs) got close, but ultimately I could lose them or they were so far ahead of their friends I could properly 1v1 them.

>

> Now with mounts, I no longer feel compelled to play thief, since all classes and builds get across the map equally quickly. Once I'm in combat on most classes I have to fight, which is fine, but I no longer have to kitten myself with a swiftness build or runes of the traveler to roam on anything that isn't a thief.

Thief is still one of the top speed classes in the game and yes war claw makes them ever more overpowered speed-wise.

All you need to do is have some stealth, get out of combat and mount again. The only classes that can do this are:

* Thieves

* mesmers

* Rangers

* Engineers

And this is thanks to the BS mechanic of stealth and their high mobility, everyone else is doomed.

They also have the option to portal away while in stealth it they are facing a huge number of enemy players.

> @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> > My thief can outrun a centaur.

> >

> > But in all seriousness, I had roamed on thief for about 2 years because it was the fastest way to get anywhere and could win 1v1s against most things that weren't spamming conditions (in which case I'd just run away since I can't usually win that one). Nothing could catch my build unmounted, maybe a couple revs (yes, revs) got close, but ultimately I could lose them or they were so far ahead of their friends I could properly 1v1 them.

> >

> > Now with mounts, I no longer feel compelled to play thief, since all classes and builds get across the map equally quickly. Once I'm in combat on most classes I have to fight, which is fine, but I no longer have to kitten myself with a swiftness build or runes of the traveler to roam on anything that isn't a thief.

>

> Thief is still one of the top speed classes in the game and yes war claw makes them ever more overpowered speed-wise.

> All you need to do is have some stealth, get out of combat and mount again. The only classes that can do this are:

> * Thieves

> * mesmers

> * Rangers

> * Engineers

>

> And this is thanks to the BS mechanic of stealth and their high mobility, everyone else is doomed.

> They also have the option to portal away while in stealth it they are facing a huge number of enemy players.

I have to agree with you on this one.

It is really annoying that when they get very low on health, they just stealth and are able to OOC so fast and mount up.

> @"Sleepwalker.1398" said:

> > @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > > @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> > > My thief can outrun a centaur.

> > >

> > > But in all seriousness, I had roamed on thief for about 2 years because it was the fastest way to get anywhere and could win 1v1s against most things that weren't spamming conditions (in which case I'd just run away since I can't usually win that one). Nothing could catch my build unmounted, maybe a couple revs (yes, revs) got close, but ultimately I could lose them or they were so far ahead of their friends I could properly 1v1 them.

> > >

> > > Now with mounts, I no longer feel compelled to play thief, since all classes and builds get across the map equally quickly. Once I'm in combat on most classes I have to fight, which is fine, but I no longer have to kitten myself with a swiftness build or runes of the traveler to roam on anything that isn't a thief.

> >

> > Thief is still one of the top speed classes in the game and yes war claw makes them ever more overpowered speed-wise.

> > All you need to do is have some stealth, get out of combat and mount again. The only classes that can do this are:

> > * Thieves

> > * mesmers

> > * Rangers

> > * Engineers

> >

> > And this is thanks to the BS mechanic of stealth and their high mobility, everyone else is doomed.

> > They also have the option to portal away while in stealth it they are facing a huge number of enemy players.

>

> I have to agree with you on this one.

> It is really annoying that when they get very low on health, they just stealth and are able to OOC so fast and mount up.

They could disengage before, the mount doesn't change anything.

> @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> > @"Sleepwalker.1398" said:

> > > @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > > > @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> > > > My thief can outrun a centaur.

> > > >

> > > > But in all seriousness, I had roamed on thief for about 2 years because it was the fastest way to get anywhere and could win 1v1s against most things that weren't spamming conditions (in which case I'd just run away since I can't usually win that one). Nothing could catch my build unmounted, maybe a couple revs (yes, revs) got close, but ultimately I could lose them or they were so far ahead of their friends I could properly 1v1 them.

> > > >

> > > > Now with mounts, I no longer feel compelled to play thief, since all classes and builds get across the map equally quickly. Once I'm in combat on most classes I have to fight, which is fine, but I no longer have to kitten myself with a swiftness build or runes of the traveler to roam on anything that isn't a thief.

> > >

> > > Thief is still one of the top speed classes in the game and yes war claw makes them ever more overpowered speed-wise.

> > > All you need to do is have some stealth, get out of combat and mount again. The only classes that can do this are:

> > > * Thieves

> > > * mesmers

> > > * Rangers

> > > * Engineers

> > >

> > > And this is thanks to the BS mechanic of stealth and their high mobility, everyone else is doomed.

> > > They also have the option to portal away while in stealth it they are facing a huge number of enemy players.

> >

> > I have to agree with you on this one.

> > It is really annoying that when they get very low on health, they just stealth and are able to OOC so fast and mount up.

>

> They could disengage before, the mount doesn't change anything.

The mount helps stealth classes a lot, even more than non stealth classes.

A stealth class has high mobility, they can disengage and mount then use 3 mount dodges to travel more distance.

The more skillful players will dismount then use more stealth to throw enemies off. A skillful thief will follow this rotation:

1.- get out of combat

2.- Mount

3.- Press mount dodge 3 times

4.- dismount

5.- Stealth again

6.- remain in stealth or port away

Easy.

Non stealth players follow these rotations:

1.- Try to get out of combat

2.- Run

3.- Block, evade, invul

4.- Heal.

5.- Run

6.- Die

before warclaw, stealth classes could escape

After warclaw, stealth classes can escape

Before warclaw, non-stealth classes could escape

After warclaw, non-stealth classes cannot escape.

For you to say that "the mount doesn't change anything" is a very wrong statement.

> @"Hitman.5829" said:

> And this is the reason why WvW skill level in on decline. Daddy Anet literally giving away free rides.

See my sig.

> @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> > @"Sleepwalker.1398" said:

> > > @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > > > @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> > > > My thief can outrun a centaur.

> > > >

> > > > But in all seriousness, I had roamed on thief for about 2 years because it was the fastest way to get anywhere and could win 1v1s against most things that weren't spamming conditions (in which case I'd just run away since I can't usually win that one). Nothing could catch my build unmounted, maybe a couple revs (yes, revs) got close, but ultimately I could lose them or they were so far ahead of their friends I could properly 1v1 them.

> > > >

> > > > Now with mounts, I no longer feel compelled to play thief, since all classes and builds get across the map equally quickly. Once I'm in combat on most classes I have to fight, which is fine, but I no longer have to kitten myself with a swiftness build or runes of the traveler to roam on anything that isn't a thief.

> > >

> > > Thief is still one of the top speed classes in the game and yes war claw makes them ever more overpowered speed-wise.

> > > All you need to do is have some stealth, get out of combat and mount again. The only classes that can do this are:

> > > * Thieves

> > > * mesmers

> > > * Rangers

> > > * Engineers

> > >

> > > And this is thanks to the BS mechanic of stealth and their high mobility, everyone else is doomed.

> > > They also have the option to portal away while in stealth it they are facing a huge number of enemy players.

> >

> > I have to agree with you on this one.

> > It is really annoying that when they get very low on health, they just stealth and are able to OOC so fast and mount up.

>

> They could disengage before, the mount doesn't change anything.

It does, without a doubt. You have to be able to burst the mount to dismount them, that means all my CDs and assumes they are stupid and it all lands as they have triple dodges, but lets assume I land everything and they don't dodge, I am full CD, I am an easy kill at that point, full advantage in their favor. But, lets assume they start losing the fight again, just stealth, blink/port OOC and remount, because even if you kill a mount, after the 5 second CD they can mount again, so every 5 seconds they have a free 11k HP and 3 dodges. Yeah, totally no advantage there.

> @"Ryudnard.2587" said:

> Back in the day, I would have never been able to play my healing ele in WvW. It was near impossible for me to reach to the tag.

>

> There were thiefs and the small elite group camping/ganking me and I had no means to escape or survive. It almost felt like griefing. I hated WvW for that reason. It reminded me of the corpse camping in WoW.

>

> Now that I have a warclaw, they only catch me if theres more than 4 people nuking the hell out of me at the same time, and my position was bad and did not dodge. Under my territory, I find myself very comfortable surviving from them. If it is the enemey terriotry, highly likely they will outrun me and I die eventually.

>

> I think this is fair. I always have a choice. If i want to fight the roamers that are camping, i can dismount and fight. If I want to ditch them, I will do it but they can still catch me fairly easy if it is their territory.

>

> It makes ppt matters.

Don't get too excited lol

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72418/updated-upcoming-warclaw-bug-fixes-changes

"Medium to Long-term

- Working on a dismount trap - Rough prototype is done internally. Still experimenting with costs, area size, fx, etc.

- Considering a dismount trick. Something that can be used with less planning and by players who don't have the mount. The user experience of using consumables during conflict is not the greatest, but it still may be useful for players to have.

- Working on a new mounted skill to dismount other mounted players. This will also dismount yourself and put both players into combat briefly. - Rough prototype is done internally. Going to need fx and we're determining how to unlock it. Currently leaning towards a new mastery. Determining if it should have a cost, outside of burning the cooldown on use."

> @"Ryudnard.2587" said:

>

This, so much. I roam, and I play in zergs, and I get it. Of course, there are people complaining now, that they can't just gank the shit out of anyone, alone. Well? I also think that's fair. It's fair if I am on my build, which more suited for roaming. Chances are that those who run from fights are anyway not the people giving good fights or even wanting to fight. I don't see what's wrong with that. It's fair if I'm only my zerg-build and _don't want to get into those fights_, because I get nothing out of them. No participation, no loot, no xp, no nothing!

And you know what? I guess many of those people complaining are the ones, that use their own movement skills, stealth and teleports to disengage from a fight, that's going south.. They _get on their mount_ and escape! Oh the hypocrisy.

I say thee nay! I'd definitely do the same, when I am in trouble. And so it's only fair, there is no need to complain.

Mounts are a good thing, they're there to stay and I hope Anet does not make them irrelevant with some kind of too easily obtainable and usable dismount trap or skill from which you cannot escape.

> @"nthmetal.9652" said:

> > @"Ryudnard.2587" said:

> > Now that I have a warclaw, they only catch me if theres more than 4 people nuking the hell out of me at the same time, and my position was bad and did not dodge. Under my territory, I find myself very comfortable surviving from them. If it is the enemey terriotry, highly likely they will outrun me and I die eventually.

> >

> > I think this is fair. I always have a choice. If i want to fight the roamers that are camping, i can dismount and fight. If I want to ditch them, I will do it but they can still catch me fairly easy if it is their territory.

>

> This, so much. I roam, and I play in zergs, and I get it. Of course, there are people complaining now, that they can't just gank the kitten out of anyone, alone. Well? I also think that's fair. It's fair if I am on my build, which more suited for roaming. Chances are that those who run from fights are anyway not the people giving good fights or even wanting to fight. I don't see what's wrong with that. It's fair if I'm only my zerg-build and _don't want to get into those fights_, because I get nothing out of them. No participation, no loot, no xp, no nothing!

>

> And you know what? I guess many of those people complaining are the ones, that use their own movement skills, stealth and teleports to disengage from a fight, that's going south.. They _get on their mount_ and escape! Oh the hypocrisy.

> I say thee nay! I'd definitely do the same, when I am in trouble. And so it's only fair, there is no need to complain.

>

> Mounts are a good thing, they're there to stay and I hope Anet does not make them irrelevant with some kind of too easily obtainable and usable dismount trap or skill from which you cannot escape.

It is not fair because that is how PvP works. Builds have up and downsides and aren't good for every situation, that doesn't naje we should just make their weaker situations skippable. Also ignoring it is objectively overtuned here.

Also killing someone is fun, the poeple that like to kill poeple don't do it for the loot or the XP or whatever. See: most PvP games.

Literally your comment from the other thread:

>Stealth itself is already a problematic issue, as it flat-out denies the opposing player many means of interacting with the stealthed party.

You can replace stealth with mounts, same thing.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"nthmetal.9652" said:

> > > @"Ryudnard.2587" said:

> > > Now that I have a warclaw, they only catch me if theres more than 4 people nuking the hell out of me at the same time, and my position was bad and did not dodge. Under my territory, I find myself very comfortable surviving from them. If it is the enemey terriotry, highly likely they will outrun me and I die eventually.

> > >

> > > I think this is fair. I always have a choice. If i want to fight the roamers that are camping, i can dismount and fight. If I want to ditch them, I will do it but they can still catch me fairly easy if it is their territory.

> >

> > This, so much. I roam, and I play in zergs, and I get it. Of course, there are people complaining now, that they can't just gank the kitten out of anyone, alone. Well? I also think that's fair. It's fair if I am on my build, which more suited for roaming. Chances are that those who run from fights are anyway not the people giving good fights or even wanting to fight. I don't see what's wrong with that. It's fair if I'm only my zerg-build and _don't want to get into those fights_, because I get nothing out of them. No participation, no loot, no xp, no nothing!

> >

> > And you know what? I guess many of those people complaining are the ones, that use their own movement skills, stealth and teleports to disengage from a fight, that's going south.. They _get on their mount_ and escape! Oh the hypocrisy.

> > I say thee nay! I'd definitely do the same, when I am in trouble. And so it's only fair, there is no need to complain.

> >

> > Mounts are a good thing, they're there to stay and I hope Anet does not make them irrelevant with some kind of too easily obtainable and usable dismount trap or skill from which you cannot escape.

>

> It is not fair because that is how PvP works. Builds have up and downsides and aren't good for every situation, that doesn't naje we should just make their weaker situations skippable. Also ignoring it is objectively overtuned here.

>

> Also killing someone is fun, the poeple that like to kill poeple don't do it for the loot or the XP or whatever. See: most PvP games.

>

> Literally your comment from the other thread:

>

> >Stealth itself is already a problematic issue, as it flat-out denies the opposing player many means of interacting with the stealthed party.

>

> You can replace stealth with mounts, same thing.

Except that the builds still have their downsides. The warclaw offer more flexibility, it doesnt change the build of the player. Same thing with stealth. It doesnt change any of the inherent flaws of the build/class using it.

Roaming is so dead since the release of the mount, sad that they always look after the noob players. This game has become a meme.

The only thing that kept me here was the combat, and ofcourse with every balance patch stuff just gets worse.

WvW is a blobbing thing only now, congratz anet in killing roaming, you finally did it!

I hope you get more money now from all the pve players, because lets face it, that’s always been your goal.

I’m glad you made me notice ESO, since they actually do shit right in terms of balance and content.

> @"noot.8641" said:

> Roaming is so dead since the release of the mount, sad that they always look after the noob players. This game has become a meme.

> The only thing that kept me here was the combat, and ofcourse with every balance patch stuff just gets worse.

> WvW is a blobbing thing only now, congratz anet in killing roaming, you finally did it!

> I hope you get more money now from all the pve players, because lets face it, that’s always been your goal.

> I’m glad you made me notice ESO, since they actually do kitten right in terms of balance and content.

Roaming? It died long before mounts, with people either relying on broken permastealth/powercreep/disengage and retry builds, or they stick in packs of 5-10. Roaming.