Can we get Mystic coins as event drop?

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> All of the complaining about MC pricing, in my opinion, is coming from players who want legendaries but want them immediately. Not saying that this is necessarily the case with the OP of this particular thread. To me, Legendaries are something that should take a good amount of time to acquire. This is why MC is as rare as it is. Now, if a player doesn't want to put in the time, then they can buy MC from those willing to sell them; however, I don't feel that it is right to complain about the MC price at that point.

>

> Meh. Just my take/feeling about this hue and outcry over the MC market.

Want it now. Don't want to pay. Probably refuses to make use of any of the other alternative/additional ways to get coins and clovers. :/

> @"Asum.4960" said:

> > @"gateless gate.8406" said:

> > > @"Asum.4960" said:

> > > Fractal CM's are some of the most engaging content in the game, if people still don't play it the Mystic Coin price can't be that much of an issue.

> >

> > Repeating the same two fractals every single day (one of which has a bunch of annoying RP) is "some of the most engaging content"? Strong disagree.

>

> Dialoge is skipped in CM's.

>

> It's miles better than pressing 1 at the same meta event every day.

Even without doing CM the fractals dailies give a nice chunk of gold. Also pristine relics for buying clovers which reduces the number of coins you need for them by 66%.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > All of the complaining about MC pricing, in my opinion, is coming from players who want legendaries but want them immediately. Not saying that this is necessarily the case with the OP of this particular thread. To me, Legendaries are something that should take a good amount of time to acquire. This is why MC is as rare as it is. Now, if a player doesn't want to put in the time, then they can buy MC from those willing to sell them; however, I don't feel that it is right to complain about the MC price at that point.

> >

> > Meh. Just my take/feeling about this hue and outcry over the MC market.

>

> Want it now. Don't want to pay. Probably refuses to make use of any of the other alternative/additional ways to get coins and clovers. :/

>

> > @"Asum.4960" said:

> > > @"gateless gate.8406" said:

> > > > @"Asum.4960" said:

> > > > Fractal CM's are some of the most engaging content in the game, if people still don't play it the Mystic Coin price can't be that much of an issue.

> > >

> > > Repeating the same two fractals every single day (one of which has a bunch of annoying RP) is "some of the most engaging content"? Strong disagree.

> >

> > Dialoge is skipped in CM's.

> >

> > It's miles better than pressing 1 at the same meta event every day.

>

> Even without doing CM the fractals dailies give a nice chunk of gold. Also pristine relics for buying clovers which reduces the number of coins you need for them by 66%.

>

The Clovers actually only take normal Relics.

But yea, even just doing Fractals daily you can turn what you get into a good 8 Clovers a day, even at 1,5g per MC, which means less than 2 weeks of doing Fractals to cover the Clovers needed for a Legendary Weapon or set of Armor.

Quite outrageous.

Op maybe read the thread abit more then just the opening post of the reddit link you posted?

Second post of said thread.

So no you dont have to use mystic coins, but if someone want to buy for those the sellers must put up the price in that aswell so they can easily see it.

Sim_Souls

Blood.5607

8 days ago

Just to clear up some confusion. we are NOT forcing transactions over 500g to be done in MC's. We are asking that a price in MC is put up (that can be seen in the link above) for items. You may choose to deal with other items or gold if you want, but a price in MC's must be listed as well if over 500g.

> @"Friday.7864" said:

> Just to normalize the price a bit after **GW2Exchange made it their official currency.**

> **I repeat, MC is no longer a scarce material, it has become a currency people are stocking up on.**

You misunderstand why Mystic Coins are a good option as an alternative currency:

* They are readily available to anyone who wants them.

* The price is historically stable.

* There's no limit to how many can be accepted from mail on a weekly basis.

* They are worth enough when stacked to be convenient.

If any of those things stops being true, it will no longer be a good alternative currency. If ANet adds faucets, it will no longer be a good choice.

This includes "people stocking up on it" if it reaches the point of becoming scarce.

PS things that are "not scarce" do not remain high in price. The current price is not likely to sustain itself for long. (Although, the more people post about how there's a problem with the price, the longer it will take.)

Mystic Coins like everything else in this game have an unlimited supply.

If I have a hundred gazillion Mystic Coins in my bank, it has no effect on anyone else being able to get more.

These types of posts happen every time Anet releases some new shiny thing that everyone just has to have NOW, and they dont have enuf MCs to make them, so they turn to the TP and find the price has gone up because everyone wants them NOW.

it's just like Ectos and Ob shards during GW1 prior to EoTN, they are a replacement currency for other transactions

i remember back in the day when it was just around 20s... but ever since HoT there had been a massive influx of ecto and liquid gold created by Anet, creating massive inflation to a lot of items on TP, and ectos went down the drain...

glad i purchased by 6 stacks of MC when it was still around 70s

> @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > @"Crystal Black.8190" said:

> > I suggested elsewhere that Orr should get reworked like the vabbi metas and get a hero chest that has a mystic coin as a selectable reward instead of a gemstone.

>

> Arent gemstones worth more than mc. So why wouldn't you sell it and buy a mc.

The difference is currently only something like 20silver and i expect the coins to catch up. I suggested this in context of a orr rework and gemstones are needed only in expansion legendaries while orr is a core game area. So a item of similar worth that is used in first gen legendaries would be mystic coins.

And yet again I'm reminded why I'm annoyed with the MC price. Just flushed 50 down the mystic toiled and didn't get a single mystic clover ^^

After I deduct the items I got back it's over 50g out of my pocket, just like that ^^

I hate RNG so freaking much

Edit: flushed another 40MC, after 90MC i got 10 whole clovers, I wanna kms ^^

> @"Friday.7864" said:

> And yet again I'm reminded why I'm annoyed with the MC price. Just flushed 50 down the mystic toiled and didn't get a single mystic clover ^^

> After I deduct the items I got back it's over 50g out of my pocket, just like that ^^

> I hate RNG so freaking much

>

> Edit: flushed another 40MC, after 90MC i got 10 whole clovers, I wanna kms ^^

Never use the batch method. It is more of a pain to do the one at a time, but the results are much more pleasant.

> @"Friday.7864" said:

> And yet again I'm reminded why I'm annoyed with the MC price. Just flushed 50 down the mystic toiled and didn't get a single mystic clover ^^

> After I deduct the items I got back it's over 50g out of my pocket, just like that ^^

> I hate RNG so freaking much

>

> Edit: flushed another 40MC, after 90MC i got 10 whole clovers, I wanna kms ^^

Then buy them in fractal lobby. they are timegated but no rng. Also don't use 10 clover recipe unless you are crafting a loooot of them. Single clovers gives you more tries thus less variance. I never needed more than ~300 MC for 77 clovers.

> @"Critical Lag.9075" said:

> > @"Friday.7864" said:

> > And yet again I'm reminded why I'm annoyed with the MC price. Just flushed 50 down the mystic toiled and didn't get a single mystic clover ^^

> > After I deduct the items I got back it's over 50g out of my pocket, just like that ^^

> > I hate RNG so freaking much

> >

> > Edit: flushed another 40MC, after 90MC i got 10 whole clovers, I wanna kms ^^

>

> Then buy them in fractal lobby. they are timegated but no rng. Also don't use 10 clover recipe unless you are crafting a loooot of them. Single clovers gives you more tries thus less variance. I never needed more than ~300 MC for 77 clovers.

Or just choose the legendary items option in the monthly log in rewards. Gives you 7 clovers each time.

The problem isn't Mystic Coins, its that everything else in the game is worthless. I mean, half of the materials in the storage can't even sell on TP anymore, because their price is too low to be listed due to excessive supply and insufficient demand.

If ArenaNet would nerf things like mithril, silk, and all the random mats, you'd see people trading with alot more than MC.

> @"Friday.7864" said:

> Just to normalize the price a bit after **GW2Exchange made it their official currency.**

> **I repeat, MC is no longer a scarce material, it has become a currency people are stocking up on.**

>

So a third party site has done something so the official program should react? The gold sellers would have a field day with that.

GW2Exchange is not a part of Anet and whatever it is they decide to do should have ZERO impact on any decisions Anet makes.

Edit: That's not to say I wouldn't appreciate more ways to obtain MC. I just don't want that decision driven by sources outside of Anet.