Impossible collections to get

Hey was just wondering, why is it that you guys put out a collection that is impossible to get, I'm going for the Treasure Hunter collection, and have been trying to get these items

constantly for a month and they don't drop, yes the "chalice of Rhendak" drops all the time but the "Rhendak's Signet" never drops and people on the black lion are selling it for 280 gold, this is really ridiculous, either make the drops easier to get or replace them with items that can be obtained around Tyria, I know you want people to play the game, but come on, this only makes me want to give up the game and move on..... think about the big picture and not about your gold sinks.

> @"levelmakerguru.7210" said:

> Hey was just wondering, why is it that you guys put out a collection that is impossible to get, I'm going for the Treasure Hunter collection, and have been trying to get these items

> constantly for a month and they don't drop, yes the "chalice of Rhendak" drops all the time but the "Rhendak's Signet" never drops and people on the black lion are selling it for 280 gold, this is really ridiculous, either make the drops easier to get or replace them with items that can be obtained around Tyria, I know you want people to play the game, but come on, this only makes me want to give up the game and move on..... think about the big picture and not about your gold sinks.

280 gold on the TP means just that: it's rare enough to have a price which is that high. In general, unless you plan to get lucky, most expensive items of that value or above require farming gold and purchasing the item off the TP. Anything above 50 gold is basically a hard rng drop.

ANET has recently shown they are aware of these uber rare drops. Consider how they added Berserker Mordrem Weapons in the Dragon's Coffers.

Look at some of the rare items they added to the extra rewards from blitz events.

Great example is the changes they made to PoF music boxes becoming tradeable with increased drop rate.

I suspect we will see more of this going forward, so don't lose hope

> @"levelmakerguru.7210" said:

> Hey was just wondering, why is it that you guys put out a collection that is impossible to get, I'm going for the Treasure Hunter collection, and have been trying to get these items

> constantly for a month and they don't drop, yes the "chalice of Rhendak" drops all the time but the "Rhendak's Signet" never drops and people on the black lion are selling it for 280 gold, this is really ridiculous, either make the drops easier to get or replace them with items that can be obtained around Tyria, I know you want people to play the game, but come on, this only makes me want to give up the game and move on..... think about the big picture and not about your gold sinks.

A month... try 6 yrs

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"levelmakerguru.7210" said:

> > _280 gold, this is really ridiculous_

>

> Only 280?

Plus, many of the items are cheaper, some far cheaper than when first released. Rhendak's peak WTS price was around 370g, in Oct 2016.

> There's some things in that collection worth a precursor

490g is today's current peak price for any of the the tradeable items. [in July 2016](https://www.gw2tp.com/item/39475-pendant-of-arah?full=1), that one had a WTS price over 700g

• 2 months later...

I've battled Rhendak the Crazed every day for over six months. Only recently took a few days off because of an out-of-town trip. I only play one character. Probably always will only play one character. I got tired of doing the six events to get into the place and so just park my only character there and only play for about 15 minutes a day. I don't get gold from dailies. I don't harvest my home instance. I don't participate in festivals. When the next expansion comes out, I won't be playing it. I'll be stuck in an underwater grave hoping for a rare drop to complete some made up achievement. On the bright side, my life doesn't center around this game as much. The game has gotten quite boring actually when there is only one character to fight and no game-changing value in the loot.

Also, I've noticed a few bugs within the instance.

For items purchased via the "gleam of sentience" during one day, those items can't be purchased after the daily reset if staying inside the instance. A player must leave the instance or logout/login to purchase the items.

Occasionally, the grand chest doesn't appear right after daily reset. I fight Rhendak exactly once per day. If the daily reset is supposed to clear any diminished returns, then the grand chest should always appear. As an observation, for me, it seems to always be Mondays and Tuesdays when it doesn't appear.

As an enhancement, I'd like to see Rhendak unsummonable for the last 15 minutes of a day. Similar to Tequatl. It is quite irritating to us that are waiting for the daily reset to battle Rhendak and someone kills him one minute before the daily reset. This occurs surprisingly often and requires many of us to wait longer to respawn Rhendak the next day.

> @"Saxon.8507" said:

> I've battled Rhendak the Crazed every day for over six months. Only recently took a few days off because of an out-of-town trip. I only play one character. Probably always will only play one character. I got tired of doing the six events to get into the place and so just park my only character there and only play for about 15 minutes a day. I don't get gold from dailies. I don't harvest my home instance. I don't participate in festivals. When the next expansion comes out, I won't be playing it. I'll be stuck in an underwater grave hoping for a rare drop to complete some made up achievement. On the bright side, my life doesn't center around this game as much. The game has gotten quite boring actually when there is only one character to fight and no game-changing value in the loot.

>

> Also, I've noticed a few bugs within the instance.

> For items purchased via the "gleam of sentience" during one day, those items can't be purchased after the daily reset if staying inside the instance. A player must leave the instance or logout/login to purchase the items.

> Occasionally, the grand chest doesn't appear right after daily reset. I fight Rhendak exactly once per day. If the daily reset is supposed to clear any diminished returns, then the grand chest should always appear. As an observation, for me, it seems to always be Mondays and Tuesdays when it doesn't appear.

> As an enhancement, I'd like to see Rhendak unsummonable for the last 15 minutes of a day. Similar to Tequatl. It is quite irritating to us that are waiting for the daily reset to battle Rhendak and someone kills him one minute before the daily reset. This occurs surprisingly often and requires many of us to wait longer to respawn Rhendak the next day.

>

No daily reset dont clear diminishing returns only going into another map and do events do that.

I used to go into wvws take 2-3 camps and sentrys when I was doing my rhendark ring attempts.

About the killing rhendark just before reset, what if they dident do it any other time before that day why should they not be allowed to kill it daily aswell?

• 5 months later...

NOTE:

You can only loot the chest that can drop the signet once per day per character.

Further, the same character cannot loot it at all if the last thing that character did was loot it, no matter how long you wait. You must perform other in-game activities. ANet doesn't say what kinds of activities, but I've found two that make the chest appear:

* Go to WvW and capture a camp, killing at least one guard in the process.

* Go back to the open world and do the Flame Temple Battles meta chain that ends by letting you into the Font of Rhand mini-dungeon.

Both of these are reliable ways to reset the chest (but you still have to wait a day).

> @"Saxon.8507" said:

> I've battled Rhendak the Crazed every day for over six months. Only recently took a few days off because of an out-of-town trip. I only play one character. Probably always will only play one character. I got tired of doing the six events to get into the place and so just park my only character there and only play for about 15 minutes a day. I don't get gold from dailies. I don't harvest my home instance. I don't participate in festivals. When the next expansion comes out, I won't be playing it. I'll be stuck in an underwater grave hoping for a rare drop to complete some made up achievement. On the bright side, my life doesn't center around this game as much. The game has gotten quite boring actually when there is only one character to fight and no game-changing value in the loot.

>

> Also, I've noticed a few bugs within the instance.

> For items purchased via the "gleam of sentience" during one day, those items can't be purchased after the daily reset if staying inside the instance. A player must leave the instance or logout/login to purchase the items.

> Occasionally, the grand chest doesn't appear right after daily reset. I fight Rhendak exactly once per day. If the daily reset is supposed to clear any diminished returns, then the grand chest should always appear. As an observation, for me, it seems to always be Mondays and Tuesdays when it doesn't appear.

> As an enhancement, I'd like to see Rhendak unsummonable for the last 15 minutes of a day. Similar to Tequatl. It is quite irritating to us that are waiting for the daily reset to battle Rhendak and someone kills him one minute before the daily reset. This occurs surprisingly often and requires many of us to wait longer to respawn Rhendak the next day.

>

So how many times did something drop for you in those 6 months?

People have to realize that content like this is not intended for players to loot every item themselves. It's intended to create items of high value in the economy, which is good for the game. You *can* do it, obviously, if you really like grinding and need the satisfaction of getting the drops yourself (like the people who want to direct farm for every single bit of their legendary), but you shouldn't grumble that it's punishingly rare because it's not really intended to be completed that way. What it does is put a lottery ticket on the event so more people will show up to do it when it's called out, or make it part of their routine. If what you want is the collection reward you should absolutely plan to buy some of it.

Personally I bought about half the items and farmed about half, I'd say. I made a game of it in terms of which ones I thought were worth farming in terms of fun/reward and which I wanted to just buy because I didn't like the event or it was within my budget. I ended up getting two All-Seeing to drop, so that really helped offset the cost. Found Sam and Rhendak's Signet, and bought Pendant of Arah and Commissar's Manifesto, IIRC.

Figure out what it is you actually want, and how fast, and then decide what's the best way to get there. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun, don't make it into a punishment.

I second the post straight above my. The game has a market that needs to have all type of items, from cheap up to hardly affordable and that will correspond to items that drop easily up to almost never.

To get a node/chest added to home instance is a real bonus, a privilege. Of course, it's logic that the action to get it needs some work. It's not supposed to be easy.

Now a side note on this enchanted treasure chest, that is of course a personal opinion: I have it and honestly, the daily content is rather poor. If I could go back in time, I would not redo the collection for it.

> @"Kunzaito.8169" said:

> People have to realize that content like this is not intended for players to loot every item themselves. It's intended to create items of high value in the economy, which is good for the game. You *can* do it, obviously, if you really like grinding and need the satisfaction of getting the drops yourself (like the people who want to direct farm for every single bit of their legendary), but you shouldn't grumble that it's punishingly rare because it's not really intended to be completed that way. What it does is put a lottery ticket on the event so more people will show up to do it when it's called out, or make it part of their routine. If what you want is the collection reward you should absolutely plan to buy some of it.

These kind of achievements work to draw players to these events. My only complaint is... why did they picked some really mundane uninteresting ones that really didn't need more of draw beyond "daily map x events"? Why they don't draw players towards more interesting kinds of events... like, let's say, serpent's ire?

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > @"Kunzaito.8169" said:

> > People have to realize that content like this is not intended for players to loot every item themselves. It's intended to create items of high value in the economy, which is good for the game. You *can* do it, obviously, if you really like grinding and need the satisfaction of getting the drops yourself (like the people who want to direct farm for every single bit of their legendary), but you shouldn't grumble that it's punishingly rare because it's not really intended to be completed that way. What it does is put a lottery ticket on the event so more people will show up to do it when it's called out, or make it part of their routine. If what you want is the collection reward you should absolutely plan to buy some of it.

>

> These kind of achievements work to draw players to these events. My only complaint is... why did they picked some really mundane uninteresting ones that really didn't need more of draw beyond "daily map x events"? Why they don't draw players towards more interesting kinds of events... like, let's say, serpent's ire?

This has existed years before PoF.

A better question would be why it requires an item that is gated behind a buggy event chain. The bugs for that existed long before the collection.

> @"Kunzaito.8169" said:

> Figure out what it is you actually want, and how fast, and then decide what's the best way to get there. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun, don't make it into a punishment.

Problem is, going out and trying to get the collection items myself is fun (or would have been if their drop rates weren't so low to make it impractical, if you didn;t need to wait ages for some of those events, an if some of them wouldn't bug halfway, permanently stalling the event on that map instance). Buying the collection off TP however is no fun at all.

I finished that collection and I can assure you that the chest in your home instance only drops utter crap. You will never make your gold investment back, and other people can not even use it. If you do it for the AP, well, good luck. You do not even get a title for this Achievement! There must be easier AP to earn.

Btw, I farmed the Ogre Wars for this, since you can actually do that event multiple times a day with alts on your account, it is not once per account but once per character. Note that the yellow unid only drops once per day, however the splendid chest in the back of the Chiefs house will drop Sam and will appear for each character on your account that you do the Wars with. Then I used the money from selling Sam to buy the other stuff. Only took me 2 years!

The Ogre wars, **as long as it is not bugged**, is at least somewhat fun, it recycles fast (20 minutes or so), there are always other people helping(shout out in chat), the chain has 4 events for some extra loot and champ bags especially with an appropriate level Alt (39-ish), the Ogres drop stuff like Butter and Chocolate, also Bloodstone Dust in the champ bags if you need that to make Skyscale food and such. If you have done the Cooking Grandmastery quest, you can also loot the Cut of Quality Red Meat quit often from the Cows and other beasts there which sell for 9-12 silver. The least mindnumbing way to chase after this achievement, at least for me. :)

NB: for the Splendid chest to appear, I noticed you best make sure that you not just do the Final event of the chain (kill Chiefand his Veteran Guards) but also at least the event before that(Kill Stravig the Defender), to make sure you qualify. This is not a 100% rule, I have gotten the chest to appear sometimes by only joining into the fight with the Chief but still. However it is not necessary to change maps, or do random other events first like you have to do with Rhendak. You can just park your Alts there on the safe zone right between the Chief fight and Stravig Fight. Off course it is good form to actually help out in all the events, killing the Trainers and then wrecking the houses and huts and such(all done within minutes). But killing Stravig the Defender and then do the final event will **always** qualify you for the splendid chest. This is not a problem since these events immediately follow up on eachother. and are like 10 yards apart. :)

Do we want to talk about the Merchandise Collector? The Visage of the Kan-Ur is at 6199 gold on the TP... 3 legendaries for 1 AP. A bargain!

The only good thing is that being this achievement the only one that I missed in the story journal, I gave up also on the following ones, like Hold onto the light. It's a thing to complete all the achievements of a category, but if you miss 1, you may miss 2 of them as well.

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> These kind of achievements work to draw players to these events. My only complaint is... why did they picked some really mundane uninteresting ones that really didn't need more of draw beyond "daily map x events"? Why they don't draw players towards more interesting kinds of events... like, let's say, serpent's ire?

Not everyone likes Serpent's Ire or finds it interesting. Just saying.

> @"Urud.4925" said:

> Do we want to talk about the Merchandise Collector? The Visage of the Kan-Ur is at 6199 gold on the TP... 3 legendaries for 1 AP. A bargain!

> The only good thing is that being this achievement the only one that I missed in the story journal, I gave up also on the following ones, like Hold onto the light. It's a thing to complete all the achievements of a category, but if you miss 1, you may miss 2 of them as well.

We don't because your information is outdated. That collection no longer requires those items. It only requires 12 items to complete now.

> @"Tyncale.1629" said:

> I finished that collection and I can assure you that the chest in your home instance only drops utter kitten. You will never make your gold investment back, and other people can not even use it. If you do it for the AP, well, good luck. You do not even get a title for this Achievement! There must be easier AP to earn.

Vanity items are for vanity. If the chest turned huge profits at the current cost of the collection, the item prices would just skyrocket further. It's just a thing for end-game players with spare gold to shoot for.

That said, the rewards honestly aren't that bad. Most days you get a bag of coins worth 10-12s, which adds up over time. All in all I'd bet you get at least 1-2g per week from the chest for an instant gather if you're already in there.