how would you introduce new players to wvw?

Sovereign.1093

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> I wouldn't... Id recommend other games for an open world PvP fix.

>

> Open world PvP WvW was what I used to entice people into the game with, that or queuing PvP with guildies and friends for rewards. Both have essentially been removed from the game now.

while this is good advise, its not the topic. hehe. this is a pro wvw post <3

Thing is, new players need to introduce themselves in wvw. So they can be properly helped, IF they want to. In my experience, most dont like being told what to do, unless they themselves wanna learn it from others. So, yeah. New people need to acknowledge that they need help, and ask for it.

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > I wouldn't... Id recommend other games for an open world PvP fix.

> >

> > Open world PvP WvW was what I used to entice people into the game with, that or queuing PvP with guildies and friends for rewards. Both have essentially been removed from the game now.

>

> while this is good advise, its not the topic. hehe. this is a pro wvw post <3

sorry, I have misread.. I was reflecting on the players I bought this game for and how they all went strait into WvW/PvP for a few months before getting hooked on the PvE.

If I understand properly, you want players from PvE or newer players to have less of a disparity in experience?

Ill give the same tips to the ones Ive introduced to the game.

- use that free PvT gear from the fast level to 80, slowly swap out pieces the more godlike you feel.

- dont sit around waiting for a badge to tell you what to do, get out there and explore, kill people.

- Merc camps are useless unless you need help flipping a camp that other roamers are protecting

- when taking a camp, stack on a pole or other LoS spot to drag all NPCs in a huddle to AoE them.

- dont attack the ethereal spirit at speldan.

- always kill the grub

- stay on tag when the tag pushes

- CTRL + T on your driver, the target is higher than the tag and much easier to see.

- depending on raiding groups (RISE) for example and other zerg busters, dont waste skills that are needed such as the Waterfield or Empower.

- staying grouped is important.. it spreads enemy skills out across lots of people so barely any damage is recieved and all healing is focused back onto those few.

Im tired. not even sure if I was on track this time either lol

**1st) They watch a Trailer.**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s45uLHJAbrc

**2nd) They learn the 3 easy steps to start WvW with a group**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yufkxAU3Jw

**3rd) They learn the things that they can do when alone**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpD6hubUIPg

**4th) They can now join the Christmas celebrations in WvW**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIpp-VgOTzk

Have you ever thought about place, where people are kind to each other, cooperate, theres always something to be done, neverending adventures, family-friendly often tagging up commanders, no backstabbing oneshot classes, seasonal updates and progressive Developers team that constantly adds new stuff so people cant get bored even for a second?

No? Good, because you not gonna find that in gw2 WvW. Enjoy your stay.

FWIW I would advise new WvW players to:

1) be very comfortable dying: just realize it is a part of the mode, and will happen with shocking rapidity.

2) try and get in a small group at spawn, 2-5 is fine. ask in map chat. most roamers are happy to group up with a few people, and you will learn to fight better, and faster, in small groups. avoid large battles (swords) if possible: you will be confused, and will likely die without making any contribution.

3) focus on small scale objectives: flipping sentries and camps, flipping mercs, and running supply. Practice calling out enemy movements in map chat.

4) when you feel comfortable and have a small group, start flipping towers.

5) finally, join a tag (or just follow one). you will need to remember to stay as close to tag as possible at all times.

watch wvw videos and decide what class(s) you want to play. pay attention to the elements of the fight: boons, when to use your skills, when to dodge etc.

go to metabattle and start to put together your build. join a guild that is willing to help with your gear and your training. start tanky.

jump in. practice. record your fights if you can, or at least be humble enough to realize what you did wrong. re-watch those wvw videos.

First, I would tell them that they have to subject themselves to a long and boring 4-8 hour grind to get a mount to be even viable in the game mode, and frustation of being left behind

Second, I would tell them to gear for WvW by getting gear that is only specific to it. Probably best to do a generic set like maraud/zerker/minstrel or whatever.

Third, I would tell them to play anything but WvW because the best way to gear for WvW is to do literally anything else that isn't wvw.

Fourth, related to the above, that this game mode has absolutely no rewards and anyone that thinks otherwise either can't do math or hasn't played anything else.

Fifth, I would tell them this game mode has no support or balance, and probably on maintenance mode.

Finally, I would tell them to look at all this crap, and if they're still willing to undertake this nonsense, then they're probably either crazy (or stupid) enough to qualify as a WvW player.

Also here's WvW players trying to convince Anet they want to be part of the game.

_This game is already home for the indignant, the unwanted, and the unworthy; why not a place for a homeless RvRer?_

1) Watch some youtube videos on wvw so you can get a feel of how it will be.

2) Go find a WvW build for a class you like to play and mimic it the best you can. Swap for the recommended gear as you can.

3) Start working on your warclaw going to need to find a commander to follow on your server for this because you will need help.

4) Play for a while see if it is fun for you. try roaming as well as zerging to see what you like better.

5) Enjoy