if housing was a thing on a future expansion!

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"NigthMaremoon.7185" said:

> > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > In all regions, of course. Limiting it to one would be illogical.

> > > >

> > > > Since we are going to have a brandnew oven placed in our home instance, I doubt we will ever get housing. It is obvious that the devs consider our home instances our housings.

> > >

> > > [...]

> > > The Idea is giving us a place that we can decorate anyway we want, we can put for example trophies that have a chance to drop after killing a raid boss and so on, I think it will be a fun add to the game.

> >

> > I know what the idea is. I was merely stating that I doubt the devs will ever give us more than what we already have (i.e., our home instance).

>

> At least, not until they can find a way to really monetize it. Like they did with mounts.

Find a way?

Let's see what their shop *COULD* offer people with housing.

Furniture, storage cupboards, wall paper designs and carpets, lighting, house skins (so your hut could look like a castle, for example) , themed items for halloween, wintersday, parties, more plots for more mats...i could go on.

If they did housing property (and for me that would be a house you can see and people can see, not an instance) then although I have been instrumental in saying no to this, if promised I wouldn't lose anything in the event of a server merge then fine, i'd embrace it - even if I had to gather wood and metal to build my house and I could choose where I could lay my hat.

That would take an awful amount of time, money and resources. For me I would classify this as content, which we sorely need. If having a house gives me some kind of buff too then bonus.

I think it would need to be done well to succeed. very well.

However in the current state of the game I can't see it ever, ever happening.

> @"NigthMaremoon.7185" said:

> So, if this game has a full fleshed out housing system

I was pretty much expecting a housing system to be announced on the 30th this month but after seeing the recent 500 cooking stream where we build stuff inside the current personal instance I now am less optimistic about a real housing system ever being put in place.

> @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> housing would be a fiasco like guild halls.

This is generally my view.

But if it *had* to happen, for some obscene reason, then it'd be best done on the Battle Isles, imo, or even better as a Mists fractal. Since it'd be instanced content anyways, no point in making it take up space on the world map where other, more interesting, things could be.

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> > housing would be a fiasco like guild halls.

>

> This is generally my view.

>

> But if it *had* to happen, for some obscene reason, then it'd be best done on the Battle Isles, imo, or even better as a Mists fractal. Since it'd be instanced content anyways, no point in making it take up space on the world map where other, more interesting, things could be.

Oh yeah, that does make sense. With Zafirah and the Zaishen on our side now, the Zaishen Menagerie and other parts of the Battle Isles are free for us to take!

If housing were to be implemented (something i don;t really believe in anymore), then definitly there should be multiple options, not just one. One option, no matter how good, would still satisfy only a fragment of the community.

(i'd also want more Guildhall options than just 3, but i guess that ship has sailed as well).

I just hope that, with the new cooking station being added to our home instance, we will be able to decorate the latter with merely decorational food. Yum! =)

P.S. Probably won't happen tomorrow, but one can hope for the future as my charr engineer is mainly a cook - cooking is his passion, building and repairing just his job. ;)

I'm impressed on how no one like crystal desert, I must admit there are some cool waterfalls there but, the dessert doesn't sound like an appealing option to live jejeje.

> @"Blockhead Magee.3092" said:

> IMO its a waste of developer time to work on housing.

why? you and several other people give no valid reason to say this, at least validate your opinion with a solid foundation, it is impossible for you to know if is a waste just because you think it is.

> @"Demon Queen.5184" said:

> I love player housing. WildStar was my favourite mmo because of it and the community was awesome.

Oh yeah, the housing there was amazing, that was the thing that hooks me to that game.

my first MMO was StarWars galaxies , players had the ability to create their own cities by placing a guildhall in empty areas of the map from there you could speak to players to build a house in your city and declare their citizenship . it was amazing content i spend hours and hours decorating the city and placing markets, starports, cantinas etc etc. all the buildings were created by architect profession in the game, there were tons of furniture and you could use it as storage to.

Now in Guildwars 2 since we have a home instance i find it irellevant to have a home cause everybodys home is in the same place. there are no empty areas in the maps that you can place your home that wouldn't affect events and hearts etc etc. Only thing that is possible in my opinion is having a home in the home instance and give the ability to decorated but noone can see it unless you invite them in your instance and who would spend time to do that.