What's the highest a core elementalist can go

Khalisto.5780

I'm trying core elementalist for fun

I'm usually low plat

With core fresh air i get to mid gold 2 and the build seems to fail, even compared to FA weaver which is far from fire weaver performancewise

Ele seems to be the worst core class in the game, along with engineer

I've seem staff core ele on plat 3 matches they're prolly plat 1 tho, but they were not getting farmed super hard at least

What's the best core ele build?

Probably a support based build around the resurrection trait in arcane. I'd think water/arcane/(earth, if tempest is not wanted). It's far worse than FB, but you can camp in range and spam AoE damage and heals from ledges and stuff.

I also find it not very exciting, try zerker staff! :tongue:

Also, core revenant is no good as well. :cry:

> @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> Probably a support based build around the resurrection trait in arcane. I'd think water/arcane/(earth, if tempest is not wanted). It's far worse than FB, but you can camp in range and spam AoE damage and heals from ledges and stuff.

>

> I also find it not very exciting, try zerker staff! :tongue:

>

> Also, core revenant is no good as well. :cry:

There's a staff build around i think it runs sage, if you not aware you have 3k burning on you easy, and you kinda doesn't know where it's from, and if you don't have right comp the ele will kite around half map before it gets killed, if it's get killed

> @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > Broke into p3 a few seasons ago on core zerk staff Ele. Sat around 1550.

>

> Lol, god tier kiting, a few seasons ago rev was at it's best

>

> I imagine how hard was to stay alive

Actually not that hard, you have so much immob. Perma swiftness with speed runes helped too.

> @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > Broke into p3 a few seasons ago on core zerk staff Ele. Sat around 1550.

> >

> > Lol, god tier kiting, a few seasons ago rev was at it's best

> >

> > I imagine how hard was to stay alive

>

> Actually not that hard, you have so much immob. Perma swiftness with speed runes helped too.

Good

what were you running fire, water, arcane?

> @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > > @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > Broke into p3 a few seasons ago on core zerk staff Ele. Sat around 1550.

> > >

> > > Lol, god tier kiting, a few seasons ago rev was at it's best

> > >

> > > I imagine how hard was to stay alive

> >

> > Actually not that hard, you have so much immob. Perma swiftness with speed runes helped too.

>

> Good

> what were you running fire, water, arcane?

Air, water, arcane.

Air I ran ferocity trait, tempests defense, whatever that's called now. But the increased dmg vs stunned foes. And bolt to the heart.

Water, dmg when in water attunement, something, and Condi cleanse.

Arcane, vigor, arcane shield and the arcane skills gives Condi depending on attunement to spam immob.

> @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > > > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > > Broke into p3 a few seasons ago on core zerk staff Ele. Sat around 1550.

> > > >

> > > > Lol, god tier kiting, a few seasons ago rev was at it's best

> > > >

> > > > I imagine how hard was to stay alive

> > >

> > > Actually not that hard, you have so much immob. Perma swiftness with speed runes helped too.

> >

> > Good

> > what were you running fire, water, arcane?

>

> Air, water, arcane.

> Air I ran ferocity trait, tempests defense, whatever that's called now. But the increased dmg vs stunned foes. And bolt to the heart.

> Water, dmg when in water attunement, something, and Condi cleanse.

> Arcane, vigor, arcane shield and the arcane skills gives Condi depending on attunement to spam immob.

Ty

Gonna give it a try next season

for now i'll play my 100 matches on core FA and swap back to fireweaver

> @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > > > > @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > > > > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > > > Broke into p3 a few seasons ago on core zerk staff Ele. Sat around 1550.

> > > > >

> > > > > Lol, god tier kiting, a few seasons ago rev was at it's best

> > > > >

> > > > > I imagine how hard was to stay alive

> > > >

> > > > Actually not that hard, you have so much immob. Perma swiftness with speed runes helped too.

> > >

> > > Good

> > > what were you running fire, water, arcane?

> >

> > Air, water, arcane.

> > Air I ran ferocity trait, tempests defense, whatever that's called now. But the increased dmg vs stunned foes. And bolt to the heart.

> > Water, dmg when in water attunement, something, and Condi cleanse.

> > Arcane, vigor, arcane shield and the arcane skills gives Condi depending on attunement to spam immob.

>

> Ty

>

> Gonna give it a try next season

>

> for now i'll play my 100 matches on core FA and swap back to fireweaver

> @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > > > > @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > > > > > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > > > > Broke into p3 a few seasons ago on core zerk staff Ele. Sat around 1550.

> > > > >

> > > > > Lol, god tier kiting, a few seasons ago rev was at it's best

> > > > >

> > > > > I imagine how hard was to stay alive

> > > >

> > > > Actually not that hard, you have so much immob. Perma swiftness with speed runes helped too.

> > >

> > > Good

> > > what were you running fire, water, arcane?

> >

> > Air, water, arcane.

> > Air I ran ferocity trait, tempests defense, whatever that's called now. But the increased dmg vs stunned foes. And bolt to the heart.

> > Water, dmg when in water attunement, something, and Condi cleanse.

> > Arcane, vigor, arcane shield and the arcane skills gives Condi depending on attunement to spam immob.

>

> Ty

>

> Gonna give it a try next season

>

> for now i'll play my 100 matches on core FA and swap back to fireweaver

Something like this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGQAYlJw2YesD2JW+SeLXA-zZIPjMlAJsAszA

> @"Ryan.9387" said:

> On Na I doubt 1600+. 1500+ may be possible. I'd guess menders staff support with water earth arcane. Core fresh air is pretty bad. Maybe a very mobile dd ele could make plat 1 by playing like a thief.

dagger build is actually worst to play like a thief than fresh air, fresh air is faster and has more burst, only thing d/d offers you is better aoe cc and some team fight potential, but all dagger 2 skills have a long animation, with the power creep you can be killed during the animation

Plat is definitely possible: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/62751/any-way-to-get-out-of-gold-if-all-i-like-to-play-is-staff-elementalist

From p1, however, it sort of feels super RNG (as if most matches aren't already toss-ups already using a build like core staff). The main issue with core ele (particularly staff) is that you're mostly going to rely on your own team having a complementary composition rather than just having the freedom of running a generic, one-man-army build like most meta set-ups. If your team starts flailing or your comp is pretty hard-countered by the other team, you're probably just going to have a bad time, hence the RNG.

> @"Swagg.9236" said:

> Plat is definitely possible: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/62751/any-way-to-get-out-of-gold-if-all-i-like-to-play-is-staff-elementalist

> From p1, however, it sort of feels super RNG (as if most matches aren't already toss-ups already using a build like core staff). The main issue with core ele (particularly staff) is that you're mostly going to rely on your own team having a complementary composition rather than just having the freedom of running a generic, one-man-army build like most meta set-ups. If your team starts flailing or your comp is pretty hard-countered by the other team, you're probably just going to have a bad time, hence the RNG.

Dagger Weaver feels the same way. Easy to climb past gold. But in Plat, you have no carry potential. You won't get far

I tried several dagger builds, like I said, the animations are too long, and you have to rely on not being focused to dish out some dmg, your stab uptime is far to low for a close combat, one cc lands and you are forced to use your shield or armor of earth, if you get caught one more time you have to blink away and in case of double dagger air 4 away and completely disengage, specially the dagger 2 skills, all of em have long animations, the right time to be cc'd.

You are basically forced to run focus offhand for a more defensive set up, the only viable build seems to be lighting rod with avatars

I still like the fresh air better, the perma swiftness and the focus allow you to survive much more and you play from a safe range, you can play the roamer and plus fights decently, even if your burst is like 40% of a fresh weaver, but on the other hand you have more organized skills which makes easier to survive

I still have to try these staff builds, but for now I'll be playing fresh air

I'm almost gold 3 now, 20 more matches and I reach a hundred matches with this build, hopefully I will be 300 rating higher than I started

Someone posted a build some time ago it was basically arcane-fire-wind mostly focused on crit and control.(basically a control wizard with arcane skills D or S/D) He showed that he/she was platin 1 but honestly I think a lot of luck was involved too.

The reason why core ele sucks is most of it was balanced around weaver and previously tempest. While Weaver has lower CD to get to new skills which the kinda also allow Tempest since the last changes what also different is Weaver has 15% more crit chance . If I'm remember correctly when I started with GW2 there was some new they nerfed the amount of precision on the Ele base . Anyway +15% are 315 precision which Weaver has more then other ele builds S/H Tempest works only in Pve because it has OP skills (mostly air 5) which is on the other side pretty hard to use in PvP/WvW.

I wanted to make a balancing suggestion in the Ele profession board about it a while about this well I will do that now.

EDIT: also the amount of mixture of higher precision and power that Tempest/Core Ele use in PvE isn't reproducible by the amulet system

Blackjack did a bet with Posi a few seasons ago and landed in P2 after 50 or so games. Core Ele is still tanky enough to not hardthrow in higher rated games when you play it well, but your impact will be very limited, since both support and dps don't really compare to metabuilds.

> @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> I tried several dagger builds, like I said, the animations are too long, and you have to rely on not being focused to dish out some dmg, your stab uptime is far to low for a close combat, one cc lands and you are forced to use your shield or armor of earth, if you get caught one more time you have to blink away and in case of double dagger air 4 away and completely disengage, specially the dagger 2 skills, all of em have long animations, the right time to be cc'd.

>

> You are basically forced to run focus offhand for a more defensive set up, the only viable build seems to be lighting rod with avatars

>

> I still like the fresh air better, the perma swiftness and the focus allow you to survive much more and you play from a safe range, you can play the roamer and plus fights decently, even if your burst is like 40% of a fresh weaver, but on the other hand you have more organized skills which makes easier to survive

>

> I still have to try these staff builds, but for now I'll be playing fresh air

>

> I'm almost gold 3 now, 20 more matches and I reach a hundred matches with this build, hopefully I will be 300 rating higher than I started

Gratz