Would you like to have the option to mount even when in combat?

> @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> Getting someone in combat should prevent them from mounting, but the 5 second rule when not in combat should go. You stopping to grab something and remount shouldn't be a penalty unless you get into combat.

I kinda wish I could talk to NPC's and do some actions without dismounting in the first place.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> Wish they added more mount utility skills to fit that bar before they moved on. Would have been great to call in your mount to do a quick engage attack even in combat. Give it a high cooldown.

>

> As for being able to get on your mount in combat, that should never happen. If anything getting out of combat when everything is dead should be smoother. 30 second crippling makes me want to log off sometimes.

Every build I run in PvE has a condition clear utility skill expressly for this reason. I avoid using it until the fight is over so I can get out of combat faster. That doesn't feel right.

> @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > Wish they added more mount utility skills to fit that bar before they moved on. Would have been great to call in your mount to do a quick engage attack even in combat. Give it a high cooldown.

> >

> > As for being able to get on your mount in combat, that should never happen. If anything getting out of combat when everything is dead should be smoother. 30 second crippling makes me want to log off sometimes.

>

> Every build I run in PvE has a condition clear utility skill expressly for this reason. I avoid using it until the fight is over so I can get out of combat faster. That doesn't feel right.

It certainly doesn't feel right having to make a build specifically for such a thing.

Will open up to exploits. Such as players mounting when the boss does an ability, to let the mount to take the damage on behalf of the player, constant spam mounts AoE knockdown, breakbar and barriers etc. Mounts are also not effected by any form of cc (stun,cripple,root etc) and uneffected by speed reduction during combat which will further break the balance of mounts usage for competitive game modes. Just among the stuff that pops into mind, could be more waiting to be dicovered and bugs.

> I was playing in game and have noticed in some zones you're completely locked in combat for extended periods of time. I would like to see a get out of dodge style action.

Example of a zone? Some zones are locked in combat for specific reasons(usually to prevent health reset). There were bugs that kept players in combat (not sure if it's still around). "Dodge" is part of the game's combat mechanic.

Why are so many people assuming that being able to mount in combat would mean being able to spam mount attack? I can't imagine why it would ever work that way or why anyone would think it would. I think the ability to mount while in combat would include mount attack being disabled until you are out of combat mode.

> @"Hashberry.4510" said:

> > @"Tyncale.1629" said:

> > I am thinking the results of this poll so far are incredibly biased because most people vote from their PvP mindset. Helped by the fact that the 3rd poll option is also working towards that bias (calling it an exploit).

> >

> > So my answer is No for PvP, yes for PvE.

> >

> > Who the hell cares in PvE if I decide to NOT fight the mobs that constantly aggro me? I bet many PvE people like me simply start to run away and lose aggro at some point, after which they will mount up again. A chore for sure. Off course often the (newer) maps are so densely packed with long-range aggro mobs that this will not even work and you have to completely clear the area before you can mount up.

> >

> > How is this fun for me, or making the game better for you, the bystander? There is no danger in this World anyway, with Waypoints everywhere and zero penalty to dying, so that can't be the argument.

>

> I care when you aggro mobs and drag them over to me as you gleefully mount and flit along to your next goal. If you avoid doing that, fine. Otherwise kill what you aggro.

Someone on foot is more likely to drag aggro'd mobs to you. Someone on a mount is more likely to break aggro before the mobs get to you.

I think mounts are perfect the way they are now. Allowing to mount in combat would lead to abuse. Yes sometimes I find myself struggling to get out of combat, in those times it's quicker to kill. Personally, mounts have made my game much more enjoyable for me and I find myself enjoying areas of the game which I previously despised (looking at you TD). Now I can skip all the trash and move directly to the event I want to do. It's working fine, please leave it alone.

> @"Bollocks.4078" said:

> Why are so many people assuming that being able to mount in combat would mean being able to spam mount attack? I can't imagine why it would ever work that way or why anyone would think it would. I think the ability to mount while in combat would include mount attack being disabled until you are out of combat mode.

>

> > @"Hashberry.4510" said:

> > > @"Tyncale.1629" said:

> > > I am thinking the results of this poll so far are incredibly biased because most people vote from their PvP mindset. Helped by the fact that the 3rd poll option is also working towards that bias (calling it an exploit).

> > >

> > > So my answer is No for PvP, yes for PvE.

> > >

> > > Who the hell cares in PvE if I decide to NOT fight the mobs that constantly aggro me? I bet many PvE people like me simply start to run away and lose aggro at some point, after which they will mount up again. A chore for sure. Off course often the (newer) maps are so densely packed with long-range aggro mobs that this will not even work and you have to completely clear the area before you can mount up.

> > >

> > > How is this fun for me, or making the game better for you, the bystander? There is no danger in this World anyway, with Waypoints everywhere and zero penalty to dying, so that can't be the argument.

> >

> > I care when you aggro mobs and drag them over to me as you gleefully mount and flit along to your next goal. If you avoid doing that, fine. Otherwise kill what you aggro.

>

> Someone on foot is more likely to drag aggro'd mobs to you. Someone on a mount is more likely to break aggro before the mobs get to you.

Yes, the root problem is players that aggro and run. I don't want that play style enabled.

> @"Hashberry.4510" said:

> > @"kitten.4078" said:

> > Why are so many people assuming that being able to mount in combat would mean being able to spam mount attack? I can't imagine why it would ever work that way or why anyone would think it would. I think the ability to mount while in combat would include mount attack being disabled until you are out of combat mode.

> >

> > > @"Hashberry.4510" said:

> > > > @"Tyncale.1629" said:

> > > > I am thinking the results of this poll so far are incredibly biased because most people vote from their PvP mindset. Helped by the fact that the 3rd poll option is also working towards that bias (calling it an exploit).

> > > >

> > > > So my answer is No for PvP, yes for PvE.

> > > >

> > > > Who the hell cares in PvE if I decide to NOT fight the mobs that constantly aggro me? I bet many PvE people like me simply start to run away and lose aggro at some point, after which they will mount up again. A chore for sure. Off course often the (newer) maps are so densely packed with long-range aggro mobs that this will not even work and you have to completely clear the area before you can mount up.

> > > >

> > > > How is this fun for me, or making the game better for you, the bystander? There is no danger in this World anyway, with Waypoints everywhere and zero penalty to dying, so that can't be the argument.

> > >

> > > I care when you aggro mobs and drag them over to me as you gleefully mount and flit along to your next goal. If you avoid doing that, fine. Otherwise kill what you aggro.

> >

> > Someone on foot is more likely to drag aggro'd mobs to you. Someone on a mount is more likely to break aggro before the mobs get to you.

>

> Yes, the root problem is players that aggro and run. I don't want that play style enabled.

People do that anyway and it has nothing with whether or not people can mount in combat. It happens to me all the time. I really don't see how being able to mount in combat will make that worse. If anything it might actually make it better.

In general, I'm still wondering why everybody assumes you'd be able immediately do a mount attack if you could mount in combat. That really just wouldn't make any sense at all. You'd obviously not be able mount attack after mounting while in combat mode. I think the way it would work is if you mount in combat mode then mount attack is disabled until you are out of combat mode.