What is the class you do not want to face in a 1v1

zengara.8301

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holosmiths primarily, whether I play power or condi as a Thief player they're my bane especially if the have Lock-On traited. Scrappers are more manageable since they're mostly support or brusiers and the attacks are easier to read. I don't mind core Engineers but at the same time they are underpowered for the amount of finesse needed just to play it competently.

I usually dislike fighting Mesmer's. You attack a Mesmer it's just one big pain in the ass. Mostly because you get hit with Torment, your movement kills you. You get hit with confusion, your skill use kills you. The only time I've lasted any length of time against a Mesmer is standing still. Of course that means the Mesmer is able to run circles around me...again killing me. Basically I move I die, if I use a skill I die, and if I don't maneuver I die. Mesmer's don't give you any options for attack OR defense of any sort. The only time had any ability to survive a Mesmer is running Druid full heal/regen. They weren't able to kill me, but I wasn't able to do any damage in any sort of way. It was ...garbage.

I say warrior but a referring mostly to *really* good warriors since average/bad warriors are easy to fight.. Really good thieves or mesmers are annoying but a good warrior will make you think you're crazy. They time all their blocks/evades/invulns perfectly to where they seem untouchable while using whirlwind/burst skills when you least expect it. They are few and far between but a really good warrior usually takes me apart no matter the profession I'm on.

> @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> I say warrior but a referring mostly to *really* good warriors since average/bad warriors are easy to fight.. Really good thieves or mesmers are annoying but a good warrior will make you think you're crazy. They time all their blocks/evades/invulns perfectly to where they seem untouchable while using whirlwind/burst skills when you least expect it. They are few and far between but a really good warrior usually takes me apart no matter the profession I'm on.

Agreed but that's also one of the more fun fights out there even when they end up making you and your fellow pubs look like floppy extras in a lightsaber battle scene for a minute and have to go huddle up to figure something out real quick while they're strafing around you flexing.

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> It's always been mesmer. Insane inherent class mechanic that's a nightmare to play against. It's the main reason I don't play PvP.

>

> gg and goodnight.

Mesmer Profession is not be blamed for being Toxic.

Who to blame is Anet changing their identity by turning hem into a killer assasin machine

It is Anet who removed their roots from Guild Wars 1 and that is why they we ate forced to be the way they are.

**Mesmer is Gwen and she is not a heartless malicious blood thirsty killer**

**Mesmer Is being used and abused, Mesmer is innocent Of All Wrongdoings**

> @"kash.9213" said:

> > @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > I say warrior but a referring mostly to *really* good warriors since average/bad warriors are easy to fight.. Really good thieves or mesmers are annoying but a good warrior will make you think you're crazy. They time all their blocks/evades/invulns perfectly to where they seem untouchable while using whirlwind/burst skills when you least expect it. They are few and far between but a really good warrior usually takes me apart no matter the profession I'm on.

>

> Agreed but that's also one of the more fun fights out there even when they end up making you and your fellow pubs look like floppy extras in a lightsaber battle scene for a minute and have to go huddle up to figure something out real quick while they're strafing around you flexing.

Right? Then you have to play super careful or they stun chain you for the next century but then if you play super careful you can't apply any pressure to them. Absolute pain in the ass.

Mesmer or Memebeast. Then again, I'm the person who continues to main a necromancer even when roaming because I'm stubborn, refuse to give up and continue to try to refine my builds.

Also my first character and main for many years was mesmer. So clearly I have to vote for something I'm guilty of and then later on pretended that I clearly never did!

> @"bluberblasen.9684" said:

> > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > I don't even want to face warrior in a 5v1. They've been untouched by almost every spvp nerf that happened in the last 2 years but got all the buffs. Their healing is broken, immunities are broken, endurance regen is broken, damage is broken, and mobility is broken. They are tanky as hell and can twoshot anything.

>

> +1

> nothing more to say

Things change drastically when you take away the Warriors Greatsword, and Shield, it actually becomes work for the Warrior. The class has been orbiting around the same weapons and skills for YEARS. The strength of meta Warrior is some sort of twisted compensation for how little we have in actual build choices that can be competitive.

> @"sneakytails.5629" said:

> > @"bluberblasen.9684" said:

> > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > I don't even want to face warrior in a 5v1. They've been untouched by almost every spvp nerf that happened in the last 2 years but got all the buffs. Their healing is broken, immunities are broken, endurance regen is broken, damage is broken, and mobility is broken. They are tanky as hell and can twoshot anything.

> >

> > +1

> > nothing more to say

>

> Things change drastically when you take away the Warriors Greatsword, and Shield, it actually becomes work for the Warrior. The class has been orbiting around the same weapons and skills for YEARS. The strength of meta Warrior is some sort of twisted compensation for how little we have in actual build choices that can be competitive.

Sooo... "Wouldn't be strong if didn't have x and y"? But it does, so not sure what point you're trying to make. :D

> @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> The current state of Mesmer seems like most either run a power build that attempts the same instagib combos over and over, or they run a condi build where they just spam, spam, spam. Even thief is more enjoyable to fight if they're not running a stealth heavy build.

I've been playing sword/x scepter/x power as my main build since shortly after launch (about 11k hours), but its getting really hard to justify its use with how obscenely the nerf bombs keep hurting builds that have never been an issue just to minorly graze IH condi and gs instagib. As a salty veteran Mesmer main who loathes instagib builds as well as the creature that condition Mesmer has become with PoF (being able to spend 75% of a fight evading, stealthing, and kiting while your clones spit out enough conditions to kill Lyssa herself), I'm starting to become disgusted by my favorite class.

> @"Jables.4659" said:

> > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > The current state of Mesmer seems like most either run a power build that attempts the same instagib combos over and over, or they run a condi build where they just spam, spam, spam. Even thief is more enjoyable to fight if they're not running a stealth heavy build.

>

> I've been playing sword/x scepter/x power as my main build since shortly after launch (about 11k hours), but its getting really hard to justify its use with how obscenely the nerf bombs keep hurting builds that have never been an issue just to minorly graze IH condi and gs instagib. As a salty veteran Mesmer main who loathes instagib builds as well as the creature that condition Mesmer has become with PoF (being able to spend 75% of a fight evading, stealthing, and kiting while your clones spit out enough conditions to kill Lyssa herself), I'm starting to become disgusted by my favorite class.

I used to be a Mesmer main, the phantasm rework shortly after PoF release was the breaking point for me. No more worrying about overwriting clones, just spam skills as soon as they're off cooldown if you feel like it. Also random power creep of staff #3 summoning two phantasm, and making staff clones inflict torment instead of vulnerablity. Don't know how they couldn't foresee condi mirage becoming the mess it is...