Healthiest Game = Diversity

Eurantien.4632

We can shave all the overpowered things, we have to. It's like population control in a sense. We can't have overpopulation of specific things. But without diversity we can't have a healthy ecosystem of players and builds to counter and whatnot. That means things that are underperforming need to be buffed too. #Rangerspirits.

cd reduction on Our teleport for ele(which is higher cd than both Guardian and necro) and Some improvements for dealing with power creep on tempest would be nice. this would boost survivability a bit and make tempest desired. Improvements to aura could work in SPVP too. Wish i could give others arcane shield and explode as a option of offering offensive sustain.

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> Wait approximately one month. Your wishes may come true.

I doubt it. It has been the same as far as I have played this game. It is not going to change.

I think all this over hyped patch will do is shift the meta builds from the current meta 10-12 builds to a different 10-12 builds, while creating some insanely broken shit, that will take months to fix. In 6 months, we will be exactly where we are today, diversity wise, with just different meta builds. And the CMC team may try to sell themselves as the new kid on the block, but they were always there. What prevented them from doing this exact step, two years ago?

Nothing is going to change. Trends do not change unless the people in charge change (and to be clear, I am not advocatinga change in devs).

> @"otto.5684" said:

> What prevented them from doing this exact step, two years ago?

I thought they didn't have authority over balance as much as they do now.

Even if that's not the case, the team never focused on balance this much. So my guess is that some internal changes happened.

> Nothing is going to change.

Perhaps, but we can hope.

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > What prevented them from doing this exact step, two years ago?

> I thought they didn't have authority over balance as much as they do now.

> Even if that's not the case, the team never focused on balance this much. So my guess is that some internal changes happened.

>

> > Nothing is going to change.

> Perhaps, but we can hope.

They always had the ability to change split skills for damage, duration and so on. Like they did with rampage recently, removing the damage from skills 2,3 & 5. What prevented them from doing that 2 years ago? Nothing. Do they now have slightly increased authority, maybe changing a boon type?

Hope is the first step to disappointment. My experience with Anet since PoF release, across the board: expect very little, or you will be utterly disappointed. As long as they nerf FB and weavers I am happy and will call it a win.

You'd think the community would be heavily in favor of doing what they want, but in the end we still suffer from the same "I just want to win" mentality that every games have. No matter the amount of patches we will get, it's always gonna have that one niche tipper of the balance or at least somewhat, right now there's still a few overtuned things but I hope that new patch ain't gonna make it worst.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > Wait approximately one month. Your wishes may come true.

>

> I doubt it. It has been the same as far as I have played this game. It is not going to change.

>

> I think all this over hyped patch will do is shift the meta builds from the current meta 10-12 builds to a different 10-12 builds, while creating some insanely broken kitten, that will take months to fix. In 6 months, we will be exactly where we are today, diversity wise, with just different meta builds. And the CMC team may try to sell themselves as the new kid on the block, but they were always there. What prevented them from doing this exact step, two years ago?

>

> Nothing is going to change. Trends do not change unless the people in charge change (and to be clear, I am not advocatinga change in devs).

Given the amount of splits they plan on doing, this patch will change things for sure. And also, why are you saying that CMC-s team was always there? As you can see people were shuffled around relatively recently:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/updates-from-the-systems-team/

So whoever is calling the shots on PvP balance definitely changed. This will be their first major PvP update, I think it's reasonable to give them a chance before going all doom and gloom about it.

> @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > > Wait approximately one month. Your wishes may come true.

> >

> > I doubt it. It has been the same as far as I have played this game. It is not going to change.

> >

> > I think all this over hyped patch will do is shift the meta builds from the current meta 10-12 builds to a different 10-12 builds, while creating some insanely broken kitten, that will take months to fix. In 6 months, we will be exactly where we are today, diversity wise, with just different meta builds. And the CMC team may try to sell themselves as the new kid on the block, but they were always there. What prevented them from doing this exact step, two years ago?

> >

> > Nothing is going to change. Trends do not change unless the people in charge change (and to be clear, I am not advocatinga change in devs).

>

> Given the amount of splits they plan on doing, this patch will change things for sure. And also, why are you saying that CMC-s team was always there? As you can see people were shuffled around relatively recently:

> https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/updates-from-the-systems-team/

>

> So whoever is calling the shots on PvP balance definitely changed. This will be their first major PvP update, I think it's reasonable to give them a chance before going all doom and gloom about it.

Previously the pvp balance changes has always needed to go through the main balance team for PvE/WVW, this time around the "new" pvp balance team can do their split changes as they want with free hands. This is a big change that didn't exist before.

It will still have broken builds after patch. It won’t all be nurf some if not most will be changes and like always they won’t take into account that maybe that change makes that tree line weaker but if u use it with this tree line it’s op. Meta might change but game still will be broken. If anything good players who understand the game will just be better than most for a month because they will see these and adapt quickly why the sheep wait for meta battle to tell them what to do.

@"Gamble.4580" yep, and to add to it.

I bet after the patch, the game will be EVEN worse balanced. There will have to be ALOT of quick followups.

We will see how fast devs react and how serious they are about all these "changes".

There is alot of easy fix changes that can be implemented without destroying things that would fix alot of the problems that are currently in the game.

> @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > > Wait approximately one month. Your wishes may come true.

> >

> > I doubt it. It has been the same as far as I have played this game. It is not going to change.

> >

> > I think all this over hyped patch will do is shift the meta builds from the current meta 10-12 builds to a different 10-12 builds, while creating some insanely broken kitten, that will take months to fix. In 6 months, we will be exactly where we are today, diversity wise, with just different meta builds. And the CMC team may try to sell themselves as the new kid on the block, but they were always there. What prevented them from doing this exact step, two years ago?

> >

> > Nothing is going to change. Trends do not change unless the people in charge change (and to be clear, I am not advocatinga change in devs).

>

> Given the amount of splits they plan on doing, this patch will change things for sure. And also, why are you saying that CMC-s team was always there? As you can see people were shuffled around relatively recently:

> https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/updates-from-the-systems-team/

>

> So whoever is calling the shots on PvP balance definitely changed. This will be their first major PvP update, I think it's reasonable to give them a chance before going all doom and gloom about it.

As I mentioned in 2 posts above yours:

:> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > What prevented them from doing this exact step, two years ago?

> > I thought they didn't have authority over balance as much as they do now.

> > Even if that's not the case, the team never focused on balance this much. So my guess is that some internal changes happened.

> >

> > > Nothing is going to change.

> > Perhaps, but we can hope.

>

> They always had the ability to change split skills for damage, duration and so on. Like they did with rampage recently, removing the damage from skills 2,3 & 5. What prevented them from doing that 2 years ago? Nothing. Do they now have slightly increased authority, maybe changing a boon type?

>

> Hope is the first step to disappointment. My experience with Anet since PoF release, across the board: expect very little, or you will be utterly disappointed. As long as they nerf FB and weavers I am happy and will call it a win.

My expectations are low, and will settle for FB and weaver nerfs. I am much more interested in PvE changes than PvP at this point. We disparately need diversity in PvE.