Do you like the new balance patch?

Poelala.2830

I like it because the changes look good, got sick of the oneshot builds and power creep. I also like it cus I love when the meta shakes up, theorycrafting new builds and discussion them with the community is also fun .There will always be a meta. But it is nice when the meta changes from time to time at least. And even if the patch sucks hard, the team is on it and will listen to the community, at least part of. I know there are many ppl not believing in the changes but I do. Tbh this patch feels like a little expansion for me. Can't wait to log in after the patch hits. But I play pvp only so ofc I grab on every straw I can get.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> I'm at odds with some choices of changes but in favor of others.

>

> I don't understand why the class is pretty glassy such as ele has control taken away with its invuln forced into being locked out of using the stuff. I'm worried about ele and these changes. A class like ele is pretty squishy and it has to go into melee range in some instances.

>

Umm... taking away the ability to attack while invuln is one of the best things about the patch and should be on every invuln skill in the game. During the duration your opponent has to think about skill usage and counters, but you don't. Invulnerable is extremely powerful in that it ignores everything. It's not like a block that can be interrupted by any unblockable CC, or like Endure pain / Infused light / Defiant where you can just CC the Warrior or Rev and then wait for it to end. Invuln blocks out all of that. It's legit the definition of zero counterplay.

Offensive God modes are one of the biggest encouraging factors of spam and mindless gameplay that exists in this game. Anet is 100% correct with the direction on invuln here. This rework has honestly been needed since release.

I'm in agreement with the general idea of scaling back damage and sustain, but I'm not confident with these changes at all.

It seems to me that they made several changes completely haphazardly without understanding the ins and outs of the classes. Some abilities that have no business doing more damage than other abilities are all of a sudden leaning in that direction because some abilities got nerfed by that 33% benchmark while others were completely ignored. E.G. Backstab will be doing less damage than Heartseeker. Do you want to see Thieves camping stealth and spamming Heartseeker because the new Balance team didn't have the good sense to go after SA in a significant way and for some reason didn't touch Heartseeker (or overnerfed Backstab)? Because I don't think anyone does.

Don't even get me started on the 0-damage Hard-CC change. Ask Reapers how they feel about the scaling 0.01/0.015/0.02 damage scaling on their Executioner's Scythe.

If they rethink what abilities get scaled down and how they get scaled down, I'd be all for it.

Probably the best thing happening to this game in a long while. For too long has the game been focused on killing dragons finally we get to see some interest in pvp.

I like the balance patch a lot, this will also help divide the ranks more precisely. Im currently sitting between gold 3 and 2, there are alot of players that dont belong in gold skill level wise but their build covers the rest.

With this new balance patch it will be all about precise timing and landing combos instead of power/condi burst the living kitten out of the opponent. Fights will be longer, more skill based and generally lots better

Since EVERY class is getting the nerf hammer pretty hard, it's fair to say good riddance. There will probably be more people happy about this balance patch and coming back to the game than the 'oh my class sucks now I quit' guys

WELL DONE ANET

We will see how this all plays out when it releases

> @"Wayne.6253" said:

> No because some classes has been heavly nerfed more than others, like weaver and mirage (that after patch they will be unplayable). Thief is the strongest now and it will remain the same.

> This is not a balance, but the death of some profession in pvp.

Yes, these changes will probably lead to Classes being either stupidly strong or stupidly bad, this is more of a patch where anet have made new baselines for what each skill can do, like stuns will do 0 damage, and being punished for either good play by you or bad play by the opposition which comes with the nerfs to Power and Healing capabilities, after the patch hopefully anet will be quick (Like they've said but it is anet) and fix the issues with each class whether they be strong or weak and try and bring each class to have different strengths and different weaknesses which in turn, makes for a more enjoyable game.

> @"Exitus.3297" said:

> I'm in agreement with the general idea of scaling back damage and sustain, but I'm not confident with these changes at all.

>

> It seems to me that they made several changes completely haphazardly without understanding the ins and outs of the classes. Some abilities that have no business doing more damage than other abilities are all of a sudden leaning in that direction because some abilities got nerfed by that 33% benchmark while others were completely ignored. E.G. Backstab will be doing less damage than Heartseeker. Do you want to see Thieves camping stealth and spamming Heartseeker because the new Balance team didn't have the good sense to go after SA in a significant way and for some reason didn't touch Heartseeker (or overnerfed Backstab)? Because I don't think anyone does.

>

> Don't even get me started on the 0-damage Hard-CC change. Ask Reapers how they feel about the scaling 0.01/0.015/0.02 damage scaling on their Executioner's Scythe.

>

> If they rethink what abilities get scaled down and how they get scaled down, I'd be all for it.

My take in hard CCs is to set up burst and land hits. It's why stun breaks are becoming more scarce as well.

> @"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:

> > @"Exitus.3297" said:

> > I'm in agreement with the general idea of scaling back damage and sustain, but I'm not confident with these changes at all.

> >

> > It seems to me that they made several changes completely haphazardly without understanding the ins and outs of the classes. Some abilities that have no business doing more damage than other abilities are all of a sudden leaning in that direction because some abilities got nerfed by that 33% benchmark while others were completely ignored. E.G. Backstab will be doing less damage than Heartseeker. Do you want to see Thieves camping stealth and spamming Heartseeker because the new Balance team didn't have the good sense to go after SA in a significant way and for some reason didn't touch Heartseeker (or overnerfed Backstab)? Because I don't think anyone does.

> >

> > Don't even get me started on the 0-damage Hard-CC change. Ask Reapers how they feel about the scaling 0.01/0.015/0.02 damage scaling on their Executioner's Scythe.

> >

> > If they rethink what abilities get scaled down and how they get scaled down, I'd be all for it.

>

> My take in hard CCs is to set up burst and land hits. It's why stun breaks are becoming more scarce as well.

That's fine. I'm okay with that concept.

Now please go ask Reapers how they feel about an execute becoming a Hard-CC ability and nothing else. It's very ill thought out and tells me that the balance team is blindly following the rule of "If it has hard cc, take away it's damage" instead of maybe thinking that it is the Hard-CC that needs to be removed from the ability, not the damage.

I don't mind the changes. I think it will make stuff annoying for a while, but that's ok. But it won't solve the main pvp problems that make pvp no fun -- at least to me -- bots and mean people. Like the mean people pointing blame at everyone else, when really it was just a team that didn't synergize, had too many bots, didn't know or ignored to matches play. or were outmatched. Bots just ruin the game, because they have a set program. Your team can't change tactics to overcome the other teams play, because boys won't respond to Boss Rush, keep points, avoid center, take out treb, etc. So yes, make things fair in the fight. I want my guard to have a chance against a mesmer, I want my warrior to gave a chance against a ranger. But meanness, and bots will still ruin the experience

This is a good incoming balance patch. What we need from anet- is good judgement, a little innovation and a direction. This balance patch has a direction that they chose to provide overall balance. It’s a good thing that they didn’t just say- “o well pistol whip is busted for sure” and randomly nerf 1 skill. What they did was fairly even across the board for all classes, but ofc there’s gonna be some stuff over performing we just need to keep the good stuff coming.