WvW after patch

nEmM.3076

In roaming, there is too much candies (Food with -10% dmg, +40% endurance regen, ascended gear + infu, OP runes) added with the overalL nerf of Power and CD ... that I don't play my marauder/celestial weaver build anymore for roaming. I think there is not point to play Power or hybrid anymore, really too slow too uneffective against all the tanky builds, like Mirage, necro, soulbeadt, Herald, Guard ...

Fire weaver with 20k HP. Still broken in WvW. I try it with fire/Earth or Fire/Air, as arcane lost a lot of its utility to me.

Edit, for zerg. Change class.

If you're not a fan of Sword Weaver then roaming is most likely dead.

For zergs, Tempest with all of its boon/cleanse variations are viable, but outshined by many, especially that Scrappers can go Marauder and still cleanse.

Power builds on Ele are most likely dead.

Class is meh in WvW.

Im actually experiencing my Power Staff Weaver doing more dmg than before—able to down more players compared to the crazy sustain party we had prepatch. Nothing special build wise. Fire, Air (instead of Arcane), Weaver. Mix of Zerk and Marauder with scholar runes.

Roaming on Fire Weaver. Durability runes, Marshal gear and weapons with mix of Plague and Trail trinkets. Dunno if its just me but Im actually enjoying this patch.

Edit: Experiencing some really quick, like interrupts, I haven't experienced before. Especially when doing the Burning retreat into MS combo. Interrupt happening just before casting MS. Cant figure out what it is since I really don't seem to be hit, neither having AoEs out that might trigger stuff like this. Seems weird. Bug or just me being ignorant?

> @"Lillbryschan.3281" said:

> Im actually experiencing my Power Staff Weaver doing more dmg than before—able to down more players compared to the crazy sustain party we had prepatch. Nothing special build wise. Fire, Air (instead of Arcane), Weaver. Mix of Zerk and Marauder with scholar runes.

> Roaming on Fire Weaver. Durability runes, Marshal gear and weapons with mix of Plague and Trail trinkets. Dunno if its just me but Im actually enjoying this patch.

>

> Edit: Experiencing some really quick, like interrupts, I haven't experienced before. Especially when doing the Burning retreat into MS combo. Interrupt happening just before casting MS. Cant figure out what it is since I really don't seem to be hit, neither having AoEs out that might trigger stuff like this. Seems weird. Bug or just me being ignorant?

The interrupts are server side. Not sure what they're testing but everyone is getting it on queued maps. shit really messes up rotations and muscle memory lol

Fresh air ele was obliterated for no reason by the apes in charge. Focus is a joke and since damage is overall lower maybe OH dagger could work? Except Updraft was stealth nerfed and not even included in the patch notes.

There's no reason to play power ele at all.

My two builds are Marshal/Celestial D/D Tempest and Minstrel Staff Tempest. Both still seem to do alright, but they're hybrid and support builds, and from my understanding its only pure Power builds (i.e your typical DPS glass Ele) that suffered.

I haven't tried my Grieving/Celestial burn Weaver in WvW, because I don't like fights coming down to "one of us just explodes".

> @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > @"Lillbryschan.3281" said:

> > Im actually experiencing my Power Staff Weaver doing more dmg than before—able to down more players compared to the crazy sustain party we had prepatch. Nothing special build wise. Fire, Air (instead of Arcane), Weaver. Mix of Zerk and Marauder with scholar runes.

> > Roaming on Fire Weaver. Durability runes, Marshal gear and weapons with mix of Plague and Trail trinkets. Dunno if its just me but Im actually enjoying this patch.

> >

> > Edit: Experiencing some really quick, like interrupts, I haven't experienced before. Especially when doing the Burning retreat into MS combo. Interrupt happening just before casting MS. Cant figure out what it is since I really don't seem to be hit, neither having AoEs out that might trigger stuff like this. Seems weird. Bug or just me being ignorant?

>

> The interrupts are server side. Not sure what they're testing but everyone is getting it on queued maps. kitten really messes up rotations and muscle memory lol

Yeah, very annoying... But thanks of letting me know :)

Roaming : Power is dead, hybrid is dead. Condition still works, but the rock/paper/scissor hit pretty hard now, not because everyone got a buff but you can't count on power/precision anymore to scrape some HP. The "skill" level is limited to your build and you can't expect to punish mistakes from better classes/builds like you did before patch.

Zerg. We should need some time to figure what's really meta or not. Tempest is still fine, staff weaver is still fine (at least more than hammer rev) but with the condi/bunker meta coming hard ... I don't know.

I think the #1 issue is elementalists start off with less stats to begin with. Unless you're running sword weaver which gets a hefty vitality bonus and a bunch of evades, you're at the mercy of stat totals. Of course, short of boons on attunement swap and some heals + 1 condi clear while dodging in water there's not much party support on that sort of build. In addition, a sword weaver needs to weapon swap (which is possible out of combat) when hitting a keep or any form of structure because sword is unable to hit things on walls. Twist of Fate was nerfed quite heavily from 40s to 75s ammo charge time so staff weaver has lower evades than before. It did gain some stability on dual attacks, however for staff it's only on Lahar (water+earth).

With the cleansing aspect of aura tempest and tempests in general, unless you run trooper runes there's not much cleansing deeper than 1 condition. You could run Smothering Aura in the Fire traitline but requires aura detonation for more than 1 condi clear. On staff, that's magnetic aura which is on 30 cooldown. In a condi heavy meta this is problematic since you have cover conditions to deal with , which is why scrapper is preferred. If you're just looking at 2 condis removed maximum, then there's no reason to go tempest over firebrand (which has 2 removed off the mantra alone , not counting tome 2) unless you find camping water attunement and mostly spamming water auto on staff to be enjoyable.

I've only done some theorycrafting at this point, but for my marshal sword weaver I've made the following changes:

* Swapped out Durability Runes for Pack Runes

* Changed Bolstered Elements for Swift Revenge

* Sit in Earth/Fire as my primary element now

My reasoning is pretty simple: I'm swapping some of my defenses for offenses. With a 33% reduction in incoming power damage, loading up on toughness and protection isn't as needed. But, I'm going to need to hit harder. I'm running a water/fresh air/weaver build of my own design, and the important things to note about this build are that I also run Woven Stride, Cleansing Water, and Raging Storm. The combo of Stride + Water lets me auto-cleanse a condition every 3 seconds, as well as at the start of the battle. Stride gives me 10% more damage under swiftness, and with the extra swiftness from Pack Runes I should be able to maintain it for long periods of time.

The Pack Runes, on top of additional power and precision, give me a much needed fury boost for Raging Storm. The additional might helps, too, since Marshal has both power and condi damage. I figure that giving myself as much might as possible is the most efficient way to run a solo hybrid, since the bonuses double up on both power and condi damage. I sit in Earth/Fire for Lava Skin, which is now a mandatory fight starter due to the stability. The pulsing damage also helps to combat aegis and blind while I setup some CCs or bursts.

I'm still undecided on a lot of things, though. Which ascended food I should bring, which utilities to change (if any), or what further changes I would need in the build.

Freash air tempest seems to kind of work for dps but your still going into near melee ranged to land your main dmg MS is super bad now as well as fire ball. MS is on part with earth overload or there about. I am not sure if this work for the ele class but it is something. If you want to play ele in wvw as a ranged dps your better off going morder kit scraper now.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> Freash air tempest seems to kind of work for dps but your still going into near melee ranged to land your main dmg MS is super bad now as well as fire ball. MS is on part with earth overload or there about. I am not sure if this work for the ele class but it is something. If you want to play ele in wvw as a ranged dps your better off going morder kit scraper now.

I'd say I agree. Only build I could see ele running is a midline staff support tempest. I'd rather MS just have 1 large meteor and do good damage than the way it's currently implemented

• 2 weeks later...

Any ele builds is still viable you jsut have to mix and match also knowing you will be doing 45% less damage and 65% less on crit burst. You will have at least 35% less healing from healing sigil passive and about 65% less healing from skills.. 1v1 sure you are fine but in 1v2 or 1v3 you will take way way longer to kill opponents if you are using tradition power builds. I was just using fire waver with cele and crusader with 16k hp mow down a reaver 1v1 and a scourage and soulbeast. But It's hard to handle a 2v1 , we are talking about equal sklill level or slightly below. I love roamer vids but most of time you can see a hugh skill level gap or builds vs builds scenario. Or opponent stops chasing and gets burst down by ranger attacks. Scepter ele/weaver is still king as long as you are willing to pick fights and play perma keep away you can overwhelm anyone. Unless its a equally skilled meta users than you are dead.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"MilkChocolate.3201" said:

> i had like 1year break, did run marauder staff weaver now that i came back this week and went wvw.. actually started crying about the dmg nerfs.. seems like not a high risk high reward class anymore, but sadly too stubborn to swap to smth else and keep running same ish build

That's what I was running before in Zerg. Marauder staff Weaver with some beserk pieces. My damage seems to be fine during fights in comparison. However, I'm wondering if there's a more viable build for staff that others are running.

> @"nEmM.3076" said:

> > @"MilkChocolate.3201" said:

> > i had like 1year break, did run marauder staff weaver now that i came back this week and went wvw.. actually started crying about the dmg nerfs.. seems like not a high risk high reward class anymore, but sadly too stubborn to swap to smth else and keep running same ish build

>

> That's what I was running before in Zerg. Marauder staff Weaver with some beserk pieces. My damage seems to be fine during fights in comparison. However, I'm wondering if there's a more viable build for staff that others are running.

Midline support tempest or dps weaver sadly. Core dps doesn't do enough damage

> @"FrownyClown.8402" said:

> > @"nEmM.3076" said:

> > > @"MilkChocolate.3201" said:

> > > i had like 1year break, did run marauder staff weaver now that i came back this week and went wvw.. actually started crying about the dmg nerfs.. seems like not a high risk high reward class anymore, but sadly too stubborn to swap to smth else and keep running same ish build

> >

> > That's what I was running before in Zerg. Marauder staff Weaver with some beserk pieces. My damage seems to be fine during fights in comparison. However, I'm wondering if there's a more viable build for staff that others are running.

>

> Midline support tempest or dps weaver sadly. Core dps doesn't do enough damage

Whats your weaver dps build?

> @"nEmM.3076" said:

> > @"FrownyClown.8402" said:

> > > @"nEmM.3076" said:

> > > > @"MilkChocolate.3201" said:

> > > > i had like 1year break, did run marauder staff weaver now that i came back this week and went wvw.. actually started crying about the dmg nerfs.. seems like not a high risk high reward class anymore, but sadly too stubborn to swap to smth else and keep running same ish build

> > >

> > > That's what I was running before in Zerg. Marauder staff Weaver with some beserk pieces. My damage seems to be fine during fights in comparison. However, I'm wondering if there's a more viable build for staff that others are running.

> >

> > Midline support tempest or dps weaver sadly. Core dps doesn't do enough damage

>

> Whats your weaver dps build?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGQAYlJw8YRMI2JOAKbvMA-zVhYBhDyKInhoABKGUQIoONMYBA-w

Give it a shot.